Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPOvUQIbP9s
    Aaaand, cut. Scene over. They officially whitewashing Sylvanas by that vomit inducing interaction with Anduin. Lets say it like that - its horrible from every angle. Its like a perfect gem made of pure crap, every side of it shines its own hue of awful.
    1) Anduin still sees "some good" in her, aka the Hope or wahetever.
    2) Arthas-Anduin parallel which i always found really unnecessary, not every Alliance prince should be compared to Arthas. Arthas wasnt even that great of a character (although he IS better then most current characters.)
    3) Whats the point of all that grand talk of "choice" and Anduin placing HIS fate as some kind of "end line" for Evilness when uncountable legions of souls are currently tortured, broken, turned mad or enslaved by the Jailer and Sylvanas. How comes their fates were not evil enough, but if she dares touch him THEN its a Moral Event Horizon?
    4) Jailer looks awful, just saying. Handsome squidward is not imposing and looks silly.
    5) Kerrigan "redemption" story ahoy, here we go. *vomits*
    6) All that was pretty much "foretold" before and people said that it will never happen. Well... I guess it DID happened after all!
    But... It dosent make me happy, it just makes me even more disheartened since the Worst Scenario is THE Scenario we going with.
    Whitewashing wtf?

''The practice of casting white actors in non-white roles'' ? I dont see it.

Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    I mean, they also said the Twisting Nether (The afterlife of the Demons AKA the realm of Disorder) transcends all realities, and the Shadowlands basically works the same way, but it's for Death and Mortals instead.

So...
    I'll forever have a problem with this. Even for the Twisting Nether. It was always a dumb fact, and it's impossible to come up with a narrative that makes sense with something like the "Twisting Nether encompassing all timelines and alternate realities" thing.

I used to say she'll be Kerrigan'd but I dont think that's the case anymore, seems like she's getting Darth Vader'd. Will be redeemed in the eyes of the few (Anduin/Forsaken/Player characters) but nothing will change for the many, both players and lore characters like Tyrande.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatbeaverlol View Post
    Whitewashing wtf?

''The practice of casting white actors in non-white roles'' ? I dont see it.
    It is used in that conext now but originally that meant “making someone look better then they are, usually through “PR”.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
    You know what? I kinda wish wowhead wouldn't post these the second they find them, because it fucks up my enjoyment in narrative pacing. I'm already annoyed I have to beat/heal Kael'Thas before I even met him outside the raid. It's a personal gripe admittedly, but I wish Blizz could lock these up better
    You do remember that the Raid encounter is narratively our first SL encounter with him, yes?

It is used in that conext now but originally that meant “making someone look better then they are, usually through “PR”.
    Well I dont mind it when they make her look better then she is. I dont want her to be killed like Garrosh. I still wish he was our warchief.

Can't wait for whatever ridiculous reason they need a weak human prince on their side for.

- - - Updated - - -

You know what? I kinda wish wowhead wouldn't post these the second they find them, because it fucks up my enjoyment in narrative pacing. I'm already annoyed I have to beat/heal Kael'Thas before I even met him outside the raid. It's a personal gripe admittedly, but I wish Blizz could lock these up better
    Story wise, meeting him outside the raid comes after the raid encounter.

I still think she will go through with it.
    I sincerely doubt she will ever attempt to double cross the Jailer in any way.

She has dug her hole by betraying the Horde and the Forsaken. If she now goes "Oh, Anduin, the one you wanted as a weapon....yeaaaa...he sorta escaped, but no worries, I Sylvanas, shall find him again", the Jailer will probably destroy her soul, or use it into some runic weapon shit.
    No matter her choice in this cutscene, her fate was sealed the moment she joined the Jailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crabby
    I'm Commander Crabby, and this is my favorite forum on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    dont bother. the usual fanboys will try to defend this fanfiction shit with everything they have.
    the fact that blizz is just too lazy to come up with a new iconic design, instead decided to copy frostmourne and explain it away by saying "it was crafted at the same place ofc its gonna look exactly like frostmourne!!11" is lost on them
    and good entertainment is lost on you with your superiority complex. Tragic, really. Please do ignore me, lest you make a fool of yourself again.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-01-04 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narkra View Post
    she doesn't want to become what the Lich King was.
    Waaaaaay past that
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Nachtigal View Post
    and good entertainment is lost on you with your superiority complex. Tragic, really. Please do ignore me, lest you make a fool of yourself again.
    you are right, it is good entertainment. as in, calling blizzs stupidity out and watching people like you get mad about it.
    also, ignoring you on a discussion forum? now whos making a fool of himself?

achja und btw, haben wir die diskussion schonmal geführt oder warum "again"? wenn ja, hab ich komplett vergessen

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-01-04 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

as someone that doesn't play the game, does Castle Nytharia happen before when you ferry Kael around and get rid of his Sinstone? Because otherwise it feels really awkward that you do stuff for him and gets rid of his Sinstone only for him to get captured again and gets another Sinstone for whatever reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    as someone that doesn't play the game, does Castle Nytharia happen before when you ferry Kael around and get rid of his Sinstone? Because otherwise it feels really awkward that you do stuff for him and gets rid of his Sinstone only for him to get captured again and gets another Sinstone for whatever reason.
    Kael's rescue from Nathria occurs first in the chronology - when you encounter him chapter 7 of the Venthyr Covenant campaign it's after his imprisonment in Nathria and the enhancement of sinstone by the Sire, and the Accuser is overseeing his rehabilitation personally due to the delicate state of Kael'thas' soul.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You do remember that the Raid encounter is narratively our first SL encounter with him, yes?
    Admittedly I wasn't sure if that's the case or not, because I tried to avoid spoilers from beta. If that was supposed to be it, it still feels fumbly to me.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Narkra View Post
    I agree. Everyone tends to think 1-dimensionally and not looking at the subtleties placed in the cinematics. Everything thats happening--has been generally subtle in one way or another. It may have not been executed as GREAT as we would all like, but consider the grander picture before jumping on bandwagons. I think Blizzard succeeded this time, with how many people hate her. But, again--they should consider more than just what they see in one given cinematic.
    Blizzard doesn't do subtlety though. The most they can manage in the whole subtlety-related department is misdirection made with blatant bullshit, like when they wanted to pretend that maybe someone else than Sylvanas torched the tree.

Quote Originally Posted by bowlink View Post
    Silverpine, and darkshore/teldrassil beg to differ.

also someone, remind me when i run into Vincent Godfrey in shadowlands that i should buy him a drink
    Given how getting resurrected again after that is what confirmed for her that her current path (i.e. the path of Jailer apparently, thanks to Shadowlands' glorious reveals) is right, if anything you should spit on him.

I don't think you meet Kael before the raid. The first part of Venthyr campaign involving him happens after Denathrius' defeat in the story. And while I don't have an alt of each Covenant yet (only Necrolords so far), I doubt he'd pop up in another Covenant campaign earlier than he did in the Venthyr one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah! But you dont get it. It will end up as Kerrigan or maybe Severus Snape type story with arbitrary forgiveness of a villain because she did some good in the end. Maybe she will only "partially" enslave Andy Boi, making sure he can shake it off in a right moment or entirely fake the enslavement to allow him to undermine the Jailer.
    Snape however did not do anything remotely as horrible as Kerrigan. But yeah, I am really not looking forward to a Sylvanas "redemption" story. It will only show that blizzard doesn't know how to write a proper story, banking on same type of trope over and over again.
    Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos was the game that brought me into gaming. I was 17 years old then, I abhorred gaming before this game. From then on, I became a fan of Warcraft and Blizzard. To see it all go down the drain like this is truly sad for me. No king rules forever but at least some of them went down in history as real badasses. I hoped Blizzard and Warcraft would be one of them but it is no longer possible.

Smh if we get our 500th redemption arc.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I don't think you meet Kael before the raid. The first part of Venthyr campaign involving him happens after Denathrius' defeat in the story. And while I don't have an alt of each Covenant yet (only Necrolords so far), I doubt he'd pop up in another Covenant campaign earlier than he did in the Venthyr one.
    Several other users informed me of this as well. But I'm still not sure I like it. Seeing him a bit awkwardly later is at least better than way too early.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's not even sound logic since Frostmourne was meant to be crafted by Not!The Primus, not a random Maw mook. Random Maw weaponry doesn't look like Frostmourne. The sharp edges are reminiscent, but the heavily glowing runes and the magical feel is far more toned down and gritty.
    Yeah, but that was when it was Not!The Primus' secret. The Jailer stole his memory of his "grandest design" (that got shattered by a mortal-crafted Light-enchanted Dark Naaru blade, fucking over Jailer's equally grandest design for the Lich King that involved 7D underwater checkers on fire with the Legion in the process) so now his mooks can make it. Maybe he wants to mass-produce them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like the story blizzard chose to tell. I don't like this character.

If any of you don't agree with me you're clearly not seeing the big picture.

I hate Sylvanas.

Blizzard is dumb.

Did I miss anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.