Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I'm still convinced the parallels have nothing to do with genetics but more to do with being a "spiritual successor" to Arthas. What he could have been had he not taken taken his dark turn down the road into being the Lich King. Anduin is definitely Varian's son, they've hammered that in repeatedly.

Be careful with datamining. Some things get discarded, tossed in their for the lulz, or misinterpreted. Remember Sargeras's purified model? used in a flashback cutscene of him deceiving the eredar.
    I don’t think it’s a indicator of biological relation either, just pointing out that there were enough parallels to get people talking about it.

Why is everyone so butthurt about Anduin condoning Void torture in Shadows Rising? Hello? They needed to find the fugitive psycopath Sylvanas at all costs. Plus the victims are not dead, they are just a little brain-damaged, they will be fine in a universe where people can literally resurrect others from the dead. Maybe they shouldn't have been so defiant.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2020-09-22 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Why is everyone so butthurt about Anduin condoning Void torture in Shadows Rising? Hello? They needed to find the fugitive psycopath Sylvanas at all costs. Plus the victims are not dead, they are just a little brain-damaged, they will be fine in a universe where people can literally resurrect others from the dead. Maybe they shouldn't have been so defiant.
    You sound awfully familiar. https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=3983...ishas#comments
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Much must be sacrificed for the greater good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilyiana View Post
    this. i am really worried about anduin's void trajectory. i can only imagine the jailer has bad things planned for him.
    I'm excited, because where this goes will depend of the context; if next expansion we enter cosmic war territory, with the light as an adversary, then Anduin's void usage will come more like a boon. In a context of a cosmic conflict between light and void, the best person for the job is a discipline priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    BfA depiction of "holy" Anduin proved to be incredibly boring and not worthy of his father's legacy. I'd definitely like Anduin embracing both Light and Void as proper priest, like we've seen him do in MoP. While he was always "good golden boy", he had no problem mind controlling his subjects to prevent them from taking him back to Stormwind. Shadow Rising definitely teased us Anduin "respecced from holy to discipline", so I'm actually interested in his development now.

We already have many characters serving Light only, like Velen and Turalyon, and we have Alleria and Umbric who are Void users, so why not Anduin, as a leader of the whole Alliance, be able to use both. He can have Turalyon and Alleria as close advisors connected to these powers, helping him balance them.

In short no. Anduin will have a path to the next expansion or the following at some point dealing with the light and void.

I think they going to repair the helm into some sort of new artifact infused with the the power of each covenant to seal the gateway created by the shattering of the helm. And since it will no longer serve the purpose of holding the undead at bay, it will undo the lich king's power and un-animate the undead.

Discipline is game mechanics, not lore. There is only LIGHT and Shadow, blizzard invented discipline to balance spec

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry123 View Post
    Discipline is game mechanics, not lore. There is only LIGHT and Shadow, blizzard invented discipline to balance spec
    Well, that's why I put it into quotation marks. On the other hand, priests using both shadow and light is lore, for example draenei priests saying "In light we all cast shadows" when talked to. What I meant while refering to Anduin as "discipline priest" was to the fact he was known to use both shadow and light, which is something associated with discipline priests in game.

I feel like this is a more likely outcome with the new datamined cinematic.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=320291/...g-corridors-qu

datamined voicelines of the storyline in torghast, leading up to the cinematic.
    only somewhat interesting part is what the Jailer says to Bolvar when he captures him
    Jailer: You were to herald my coming. Instead, you defied me!
    Jailer: A failure. Like those who came before you!
    pretty much confirms what i and a couple of others have been saying:
    all of the LKs defied the Jailer and did their own thing.

Ner'zhul focused on freeing himself, and getting revenge on the Legion (not surprising, considering his history of fucking cosmic forces over)
    Arthas focused on uniting the entire planet under his command against the Legion
    Bolvar was using only 10% of the helmets power, and even that only to keep the scourge somewhat in check
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper673 View Post
    I feel like this is a more likely outcome with the new datamined cinematic.
    I doubt it, it'll be used to show that Andiun is better then Arthas when he refuses the power. He might temporarily use the blade at most.

Even if Blizzard did want to stop Andiun being too much of a golden boy they're not gonna over correct so hard he becomes the pawn to the God of Death who wants to kill the world.
    Last edited by Newname1234567890; 2021-01-04 at 06:42 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure it's just another step to show contrast between the two. The more they slap on, the more I'm convinced that it'll lead to a pivotal moment in which Anduin makes the choices Sylvanas/Arthas failed to consider. The "choice you were never given" motif is going to be strong here.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    My take:

Anduin takes up Shalamourne (not my name but goddamn that shit sounds good. better than Lightmourne) and through THE HUMAN POTENTIAL and THE LIGHT turns it against The Jailer.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

whoever ends up being the next lich king im sure sylvanas will eventually show up and beat the snot out of them while looking utterly bored.

As the Jailer said, the Lich King was meant to announce the Jailer's coming, but they defied him and failed to do so.
    So what's the point on making a new Lich king? It wouldn't make sense... Unless its purpose is to free the Jailer from the Maw. As it seems the stone we use to teleport in and out selectively reacts to very few individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    My take:

Anduin takes up Shalamourne (not my name but goddamn that shit sounds good. better than Lightmourne) and through THE HUMAN POTENTIAL and THE LIGHT turns it against The Jailer.
    After seeing the datamined cinematic I got stuck with this whisper of I'l gynoth "The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.". I I can only imagine Anduin "accepting" this power just to pretend and play by the Jailers/Sylvanas game and at the right moment strike back.

Those lies would potentialy give to us players so he can be fully working as a double agent.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    why is it so important that there is always a lichking? i mean the scourge can't be that hard to terminate right now when our heroes are titan killer/old god killer. just wipe out all of the scourge and then we dont need a lichking right?
    Because We Great Heros! are to busy killing boars in the woods to collect meat, running fruit to stewards for a party, fishing up fish for people, and running messager duty for random NPC so-and-so among other trivial non-important tasks.

War Crimes

"Garrosh set an example of a golden-haired, beloved human prince that was a paladin, and yet he turned his back on the Light. Anduin quickly responded that he was nothing like him."

He'll become the ultimate Mary Sue to supplant Medan. After he wields Shalamourne, he'll gain the power of death. From there he'll move on to acquire the power of the remaining cosmic forces.