Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There's plenty of stuff to do get in the zones, just nothing that is important to your character's progress, except getting the respective reps to exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    You end up visiting every zone during the week anywayu, much like you would do during BfA. If the daily emissary wasn't in Drustvar and the PvP warmode quest wasn't there either, would you go there at all?

Admittedly the rewards are pretty terrible, I am stationed firmly at 2k anima (partly my fault because I send followers on adventures on CD). You can try to get some achievements done, like the parasol one, tea tales or the flying games in Bastion. The Maw requires daily attention but that's the worst zone for me.

Even if you consider it a minor annoyance rather than a major one, it still makes no sense. I hate going through Oribos in order to go to other zones because it is just a time loss. They could even easily explain the faster flights by stating that our aid in recovering anima established pathways between zones.
    It IS still faster than previous FP. People who whine about going through oribos are just fools.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    It IS still faster than previous FP. People who whine about going through oribos are just fools.
    Okay.

10chars

Lol. It's like saying "lightspeed is faster than bus, so you arrive to Pluto faster than 2 stops with the bus".

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Hey. Is it just me or is the less of a reason to visit some zones this expansion? I've only been back to Ardenweald once, which is a shame because it looks incredible. My best guess as to why it seems like I'm only hanging around Revendreth is because it's where the raid is and where my covenenat is and that WQ's in shadowlands lock you into one particular zone because of callings. I'm probably not making much sense...I just feel like I have very little reason to explore. I feel like I had reason to see a lot of the zones in BFA and Legion on a fairly regular basis. But with Shadowlands it's just...Revendreth. (For me)
    you're right, the importance of world quests has been minimized so there's virtually no reason to go back aside from a) harvest materials, or b) get some cheap WQs in to achieve emissary quests.

i'm more likely to do a quick heroic when possible for 'b', so yes they're tedious.

also, having to fly to oribos then back out to another realm really adds to the transit time. what a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Lol. It's like saying "lightspeed is faster than bus, so you arrive to Pluto faster than 2 stops with the bus".
    Not really. It takes on average 2 minutes to go from 1 zone to any other in SL. In BFA it took at least twice as long.

Also pluto isnt a thing anymore.

Not really. It takes on average 2 minutes to go from 1 zone to any other in SL. In BFA it took at least twice as long.

Also pluto isnt a thing anymore.
    What happened to pluto?

It takes 2 mins and 38 secs to travel from Necrolord base FP to Darkhaven (was about to go there anyways so I timed it). The travel speed is still 571% inland till the space travel door thing where your FP mount transforms into an anima wyrm, while offland it goes up to 700-ish %. At oribos, after the door it is again 571% (measured on my dk). Space travel speed is 4325% but that's extra travel however you look at it.
    If I wanted to go from Boralus to the Seekers Vista (turtle emissary base), inland travel would be still 571% but without the space stuff. Btw that travel takes 1 minutes 40 seconds (timed it). Likewise, if the shadowlands zones were connected to a single landmass, 571% would be the norm without the space travel part.
    It is roughly 1 minute extra travel time every time you go from zone to zone without having a business in Oribos.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, outside of doing emissaries at the start of BFA or even Legion, I had no reason to go to those zones either. Callings are like emissaries, but lighter versions that you can basically ignore at a certain point (which is good design IMO).

The reasons are plenty if you actually care about that content. If you're just focused on dungeons, raids, PvP or doing the "necessary grinds", your time is going to be barely spent in any of the zones aside from the Maw currently. I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing though.

I'm one of those players who basically just do instanced content, PvP and the Maw. If the urge strikes me I'll do callings and occasionally I'll do some of the fairly efficient world quests that give loads of anima power from time to time. For me, it's great because I know there's lots of pets, mounts and collectibles in the world if I want to do it, and I can do it anytime if I feel like doing it.

As it stands because of how calling work versus emissaries (and the lack of TF/WF), the reasons to go back to previous zones are limited. Before you only went back because it gave increased legendary chance, artifact power, or the very low chance that a particular WQ would WF/TF into something useful (especially for certain trinkets). Half way through previous expansions we also had invasions taking place, which was another reason to revisit. Callings are essentially the same, but just don't offer power. You do them if you don't have 184 conduits, otherwise you just do them because you need some catch up gear or the gold/reputation they offer.

TLDR; Shadowlands is virtually the same as BFA/Legion in regards to systems that point you towards particular zones, but you can just ignore them very quickly this time if you feel like it.

Since there is no reason this expansion to go out into the world, obv players are not going out into the world.

Or you know. You can get on a FP than go grab a drink or something. It takes about 2 minutes for the FP from one zone to the other. Cry about something better.

You are the gatekeeper about what people can cry about? Have to use that Fp several times a day, every day, those '2 minutes' add up.

Cry about that.