Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    There are no good companies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravec View Post
    id software.
    After how unoptimized the games for PC were, you can't really claim them to be good look at the rage reviews.

They used to be somewhat of a technical marvel but karmack is no longer working there and focussing on other projects like VR.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I said Larian earlier, but I think all companies do good things and bad things. Many gaming companies do more good than bad, imo, and there are way too many to name.

I think tons of gaming companies aren't just "good" they are "great" in many way, and I support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    After how unoptimized the games for PC were, you can't really claim them to be good look at the rage reviews.

They used to be somewhat of a technical marvel but karmack is no longer working there and focussing on other projects like VR.
    I'll give you RAGE but both recent Doom games are marvels of optimization.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Aenigma84 View Post
    Paradox is pretty descent overall

they might suck at releasing a game sometimes but your guaranteed to get a ton of after support and good content dlc for years
    crusader kings had a pretty good release .
    while imperator rome sucked at release but they spend a shitload of efford to fix it where certain other companies would have dropped it like a rock (thinking ea with andromeda here)
    but they are ussually a bit of a niche games though.
    Yea, Paradox is decent. They're not exactly "good" but they don't try to milk and cheat their customers. I got Cyberpunk for PC, aside from minor issues, it has been fine for the most part.. don't see what the fuss is. CDPR is still a "would preorder" company in my book.

Then Microsoft. They don't release a lot of games but I've never had a bad experience with them. Bethesda is still on the verge. I mean sure Fallout 76 sucked at launch but it's got a ton of support and is actually decent now. Also I got it almost for free.

And finally Ubisoft. Good quality games, lots of after release support. DLCs offer lots of content. They often give out older games for free even. If only they cut back with the DRMs.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    People believe that Blizzard over reacted.
    All they did was follow the rules set down. Blizzchung knew what the penalties were and was happy to accept them to publicise his objections to China's actions in Hong Kong. It was the arseholes that decided their gripes with Blizzard should make them the big baddy and not the government that was brutalising their citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'll give you RAGE but both recent Doom games are marvels of optimization.
    Yes those redeemed them but my point indirectly was nothing makes gems forever and this is also something you wouldn't want because it can lead to stagnation and lack of experimentation.
    “My philosophy is: It’s none of my business what people say of me and think of me. I am what I am and I do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. And it makes life so much easier.
    ― Anthony Hopkins

I don't have a list of companies I "trust", I have a list of companies to avoid. For the companies not on that list, I buy single games if they appeal to me. Not everything they throw out. There is no company that is consistently putting out good games.
    Last edited by Faldric; 2021-01-04 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Yes those redeemed them but my point indirectly was nothing makes gems forever and this is also something you wouldn't want because it can lead to stagnation and lack of experimentation.
    Oh, that's true, no king rules forever and all that, and even the greatest artists have made duds from time to time so it's hardly surprising. Id are still the best FPS developers on the market if you ask me.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Good gaming companies? Maybe. Can't think of any off the top of my head though.

Good AAA gaming companies. Hahaha. **** no!

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    All they did was follow the rules set down. Blizzchung knew what the penalties were and was happy to accept them to publicise his objections to China's actions in Hong Kong. It was the arseholes that decided their gripes with Blizzard should make them the big baddy and not the government that was brutalising their citizens.
    Firstly Blizzard themselves admitted they got it wrong. In addition when the govenment starts questioning your behaviour its safe to say you got it wrong. Do you really think the reaction would have been the same had he stood up for Gay rights? Lets not forget they had no problem with thier staff wearing rainbow Blizzard badges.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not your friend. They are there to make money. thinking they are your friend will only blind you and set you up for failure.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of games those new companies under Mike Morhaime's new company will create.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Yea, Paradox is decent. They're not exactly "good" but they don't try to milk and cheat their customers. I got Cyberpunk for PC, aside from minor issues, it has been fine for the most part.. don't see what the fuss is. CDPR is still a "would preorder" company in my book.

Then Microsoft. They don't release a lot of games but I've never had a bad experience with them. Bethesda is still on the verge. I mean sure Fallout 76 sucked at launch but it's got a ton of support and is actually decent now. Also I got it almost for free.

And finally Ubisoft. Good quality games, lots of after release support. DLCs offer lots of content. They often give out older games for free even. If only they cut back with the DRMs.
    Seriously Paradox? Okay the only thing i can say about Paradox, they do sick number of DLC's for thier games. Look at Crusader Kings 2 for example. Or Stellaris.

Not among the AAA as they are all money first, but smaller companies can still be amazing.

My best example would be Larian which has been mentioned here a few times already. They are in it mostly because they love to play and make games, and it shows as Divinity: Original Sin is one of the best RPGs since the golden age of BG and Fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Firstly Blizzard themselves admitted they got it wrong. In addition when the govenment starts questioning your behaviour its safe to say you got it wrong. Do you really think the reaction would have been the same had he stood up for Gay rights? Lets not forget they had no problem with thier staff wearing rainbow Blizzard badges.
    Yes well done, let's all focus on how evil and horrible Blizzard are, it's clearly more important than what the Chinese government were doing in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Seriously Paradox? Okay the only thing i can say about Paradox, they do sick number of DLC's for thier games. Look at Crusader Kings 2 for example. Or Stellaris.
    Paradox is amazing. Love nearly every game of them. DLCs are not needed as you can always player older version if you want to. Games keep being intersting with added new stuff. I have not ONCE bought something from them where i did not think it was not worth the money. Best "big" developer of all of them right now IMHO.
    Especially stellaris and crusader kings.... so good....

15+ Year Old Account
    Sure. There are plenty of publishers and studios that don't just do the abusive AAA thing.

Though I think people in this thread are probably a bit naive about the big Japanese publishers (Square Enix, Capcom, Bandai Namco). You hear a lot less about crunch from Japanese studios but they've got a different corporate culture over there that by default pressures employees into doing overtime. And while they've been generally less egregious when it comes to unfinished games and paid DLC, that's not always the case (see: The Avengers).

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop attributing Good and Evil motives to companies. Despite what the US Government may think, Companies are not people. Most companies exist for one reason alone, to make money. They are businesses, and they have a product to bring to market. These companies are not your friends, despite what their marketing team portrays. They don't answer to you the consumer, they answer to investors and shareholders. This does not make them evil. They can still make consumer friendly games, but its not out of a desire to do "good" as much as it is a plan to make money. Some companies make their money by packing their games full of Gacha mechanics and loot boxes, these are not evil companies, they just have historically proven this route works to make money. Some companies make a game you buy once and get free dlc, these are not good companies, they just know that they can meet their profit and revenue metrics by doing so.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I also want to play some good games. Because I have great interest in gaming. Keep me updated. Thank you!