Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Who said that? Your really racist uncle who just called you a Libtard? Nope! It was beanman 12345
    I'm really racist because majority of people want free stuff? k.

Let's put a poll out there? who wants free ps5's? who wants free top of the line gaming PC's? Im really racist cause I think majority would want it free.

Wait so the Democrats, despite having a majority cannot actually pass this bill? Interesting.
    Wow, it's almost like you've been beating that horse to death for years now and this isn't new or interesting.

It's no secret Democrats don't have the votes, because the support for any specific proposal ain't there yet, and support for M4A craters when you start making actual proposals (see: Warren).

Also, heaven forbid Democrats aren't a hive-minded monolith and that members of Congress may try to represent the interests of the constituents in their districts, who may be more moderate Democrats rather than progressives. Hell, even the progressive Squad are now DINO's, because the modern "progressive movement" totally isn't a parody of the Tea Party/Freedom Caucus at this point.

But this is totally a party to have sycophantic levels of devotion to as if it someday might.... if you just believe in the DNC hard enough, it'll happen!
    Fucking hell Theo, you seriously need to make new strawmen. These old ones are starting to move on their own with how moldy they've become.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I'm really racist because majority of people want free stuff? k.

Let's put a poll out there? who wants free ps5's? who wants free top of the line gaming PC's? Im really racist cause I think majority would want it free.
    "Can't give them Healthcare, whats next a free PS5? The fucking greedy ass peasents!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, interesting ideas, so the Rightie loves Universal Health Care and the "Leftie" calls it "Free Shit".

Maybe these words mean nothing.
    Coming from you, they don't.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

I am sure Ezra Klien has some biting critiques.
    0/2

Try again.

Ah? Is this the school of, shut up, ask for nothing, get nothing? An amazing political school there.
    No, it's the school of "don't turn your cause into a liability."

You think the establishment types are bad now on M4A? Imagine if there was a vote that went down in flames that they could point to for decades as an excuse to never bring it up again because "remember what happened last time."

And yes, I am of the opinion that Dems should talk more about M4A/universal healthcare instead of the carefully constructed corporate friendly BS they usually have. I want a more populist Democratic Party on economic issues- I've been arguing for that since 2016. It doesn't change the fact that blowing your load early isn't a good political strategy.
    Last edited by Gestopft; 2021-01-04 at 10:03 PM.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Fucking hell Theo, you seriously need to make new strawmen. These old ones are starting to move on their own with how moldy they've become.
    I think I've got you pegged well enough.

It's no secret Democrats don't have the votes, because the support for any specific proposal ain't there yet, and support for M4A craters when you start making actual proposals (see: Warren).
    Warren started you know, talking about NOT doing M4A, that among also being a generally unlikable Judas cratered her campaign.

Democrats aren't a hive-minded monolith and that members of Congress may try to represent the interests...
    Given that, unlike a forever war in Afghanistan, or global trade deals, M4A is actually popular, I'd ask what interests do these Dems represent? Pfizers? Blue Cross Blue Shields?
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

"Can't give them Healthcare, whats next a free PS5? The fucking greedy ass peasents!"
    idk if you can actually handle the concept that universal healthcare wouldn't actually be free. I'm willing to pay for it, right wingers, not so much.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    0/2
    No, it's the school of "don't turn your cause into a liability."
    This is a weird take given Universal Health Care is the only major policy that has broad support among all factions. Yet all that Woke stuff is hyper divisive but there the Dems find the ability to go all in on, or like gun control, or stuff that is infinitely less popularly supported and with way greater partisanship the Dems are totally fine with accepting a liability. But on something broadly popular? Weird.....

Warren started you know, talking about NOT doing M4A, that among also being a generally unlikable Judas cratered her campaign.

Given that, unlike a forever war in Afghanistan, or global trade deals, M4A is actually popular, I'd ask what interests do these Dems represent? Pfizers? Blue Cross Blue Shields?
    You know what's more popular than M4A? public option. and it's not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    The hypocrite saying she has someone pegged.

Joke of the year here guys.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    The hypocrite saying she has someone pegged.

Joke of the year here guys.
    I love it, I can actually give Nancy Pelosi credit for something and get a heaping pile of grief from DNC Sycophants pissed off that it isn't sufficiently adoring. You people are seriously too invested in this stuff.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...nders-n1150691

This attempt to rewrite history is weird.

In. The. Abstract. As. A. Theory. With. No. Stakes. Or. Consequences.

See above: People start getting antsy when they're looking at the brass tacks.

The way you continue to studiously ignore these facts in order to continue to support your position is impressive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    0/2

Try again.
    My mistake, Racheal Maddow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it, I can actually give Nancy Pelosi credit for something and get a heaping pile of grief from DNC Sycophants pissed off that it isn't sufficiently adoring. You people are seriously too invested in this stuff.
    Got another strawman? Pretty sure my comment has zero to do with how much or if you praised her.

Seriously invested in mocking clowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, interesting ideas, so the Rightie loves Universal Health Care and the "Leftie" calls it "Free Shit".
    You don’t support it... You rail against anything that gets us closer to universal coverage...

- - - Updated - - -

People are pointing out that nothing changed about Pelosi... other than her agreeing with Trump.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...nders-n1150691

This attempt to rewrite history is weird.
    Your hilarious ignorance of the very article you linked is weird. Benjy Sarlin, noted MSNBC ghoul says all that is needed. Warren relied on mostly older, college-educated voters who are wealthier than Bernie’s base, people likely to have secure jobs with insurance they like. Sanders base had people without secure jobs and no health care and mostly shit health care if at all.

But when it comes to Medicare for All, the two candidates also had different bases, different messages and different vulnerabilities, all of which might partially explain their different outcomes.

Both politicians are known as progressive icons, but Warren’s support was more concentrated among college-educated Democrats. Sanders continued to win over the youth vote while trying to build a broader coalition of blue-collar and anti-establishment voters demanding systemic change.
    Warren voters were mostly PMC's, and her base in fact had considerable cross-over with Kloubachar and Buttiegeg. So yeah, her stance on M4A killed her, and her waffling caused the voters that liked her AND Sanders to ditch her. Plus she acted as a Judas against Sanders and her credibility died. Declaring she wouldn't even try it for three years convinced Sanders sympathizers who WANTED M4A she was really not for it, and the Kloubachar/Buttiegeg sympathizers in her base still weren't convinced she WASN'T for it. She made the same mistake Labour did vis a vis Brexit, not being clearly for or against it and thus pleasing nobody.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2021-01-04 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way you continue to studiously ignore these facts in order to continue to support your position is impressive.
    That’s the point... I will remind everyone, Trump also claimed to support universal coverage... but, never came up with a way on how to do it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

This is a weird take given Universal Health Care is the only major policy that has broad support among all factions. Yet all that Woke stuff is hyper divisive but there the Dems find the ability to go all in on, or like gun control, or stuff that is infinitely less popularly supported and with way greater partisanship the Dems are totally fine with accepting a liability. But on something broadly popular? Weird.....
    I'm aware of this...I've literally been arguing that the median voter is center-left/left on economics and center/center-right culturally for years. Look through my post history.

Congress, however isn't actually a representation of what the populace supports. If you vote on it now, it will go down in flames. And Congress will see it as a liability for years to come. Step one is changing Congress. Step two is pass agenda.

We're still on step one.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Your hilarious ignorance of the very article you linked is weird. Benjy Sarlin, noted MSNBC ghoul says all that is needed. Warren relied on mostly older, college-educated voters who are wealthier than Bernie’s base, people likely to have secure jobs with insurance they like. Sanders base had people without secure jobs and no health care and mostly shit health care if at all.

Warren voters were mostly PMC's, and her base in fact had considerable cross-over with Kloubachar and Buttiegeg. So yeah, her stance on M4A killed her, and her waffling caused the voters that liked her AND Sanders to ditch her. Plus she acted as a Judas against Sanders and her credibility died.
    This goes against reality... Warren actually stated how M4A would be paid for and got attacked for it, because people like you are glued it was her turning away from M4A. It’s the reason why the fake outrage for M4A never has details... because as soon as details show up, here come the GOP talking points and needing to think how progressive M4A hurts the sentiment of the south.

This game is played out... been 4 years...