Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    2019 called, it wants its meme back.
    To me that meme is...dare I say it...IMMORTAL.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Mobile phones are a legit platform for games anyone who says otherwise are gatekeeping cunts.
    Yeah, right, legit. That's why all you can play on mobile is either hearthstone, cheap ports of old pc/nes/sega/ps* games, or countless endless senseless grinds with no soul. So much legit
    Also: thanks for showing to the world exactly what level of personal development people who prefer mobile "gaming" are at
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Why on earth is the alpha in Australia of all places and not the US?

Wait, so they actually went ahead with this garbage?

It's time to put blizzard down.

The hate boners that people still have on DI is so laughable, especially now that we are getting D4. It's that continuing negative reception from two years ago that will fuel this game to be successful. Reviews of the technical alpha has been positive so far. If that keeps going, the narrative around the industry will be: "It turns out Diablo Immortal is actually good!" The game gets positive glowing reviews, Blizzard makes bank, mobile gamers are happy, and all thanks to the hate this game gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Thank God you don't speak for the community then. Not everyone is a snowflake (yeah, gamers are the biggest snowflakes lol) and cries over getting a mobile game (as well as Diablo 4 btw). Finally having a great game of this type on mobile is very welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    you dont speak for the community, you just talk for yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    You don't utter a single word on my behalf. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    You're right but fail to realize what the gaming community has become since then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Who the fuck are you to speak for me?
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    You think wrong.
    sorry for necroing this, for some reason i was unlogged from the website and didn't see notifications.

i think there's a big misunderstanding here. I am not the community. and for that matter, neither are any single one of you. your individual opinions don't define what the overall community thinks or wants.

well then, how do i know what the community thinks?
    it doesn't take a crystal ball to know this, you have got to be living under a rock to not realize people don't give a shit about this game. maybe check the live blizzcon announcement reaction? or the follow up audience quesitons if this was an out of season april fools joke? or the fact that this very same announcement proceeded to be a massive tarnish in blizzard's reputation among basically every single gaming community out there, be it reddit, youtube, twitch, or whatever.

neither my nor YOUR opinion defines what the community wants, but you can't possibly argue this shit was well received or is cared about by the overall majority of users on this website. and again, no, your individual opinion is irrelevant since the website doesn't exist to cater to it. the website is for the majority of users who frequent and visit it.

another interesting thing i noticed, out of the dozens of people who posted on this thread, only 6 cared to oppose my polarizing comment. that says something.

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    another interesting thing i noticed, out of the dozens of people who posted on this thread, only 6 cared to oppose my polarizing comment. that says something.
    That says not everyone agrees with you, which means you don't speak for the entire community. You didn't need to necro this thread just to repeat yourself but with more words that mean nothing.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

sorry for necroing this, for some reason i was unlogged from the website and didn't see notifications.

i think there's a big misunderstanding here. I am not the community. and for that matter, neither are any single one of you. your individual opinions don't define what the overall community thinks or wants.

it doesn't take a crystal ball to know this, you have got to be living under a rock to not realize people don't give a shit about this game. maybe check the live blizzcon announcement reaction? or the follow up audience quesitons if this was an out of season april fools joke? or the fact that this very same announcement proceeded to be a massive tarnish in blizzard's reputation among basically every single gaming community out there, be it reddit, youtube, twitch, or whatever.

neither my nor YOUR opinion defines what the community wants, but you can't possibly argue this shit was well received or is cared about by the overall majority of users on this website. and again, no, your individual opinion is irrelevant since the website doesn't exist to cater to it. the website is for the majority of users who frequent and visit it.

Mind you, I didn't quite oppose your proclamation.

No but claiming to speak for the community when you don't is basically claiming you are the voice of the community wether intended or not.
    the very fact that people disagree with you counters your claim that you speak for the community especially when you have nothing to back up your claim other than interpretation of posts from a website.

Please tell us how exactly you have garnered this through either community engagement, specific feedback or some kind of analytics?

I dont have a poll/survey which surveyed al the blizzcon attenedees or the virtual ticket watchers, so i cant and neither can you make a statement from this evidence that the mmo-champ community does not care about diablo.

From the whole shitshow the biggest points that recurr over and over isnt that people dont care about diablo immortal but blizzards handling of it soured their enthusiasm
    1.) saving a mobile platform announcement from a company that basically deals exclusively in pc titles of one their most successful products was a great to alienate any buildup fans had of hearing a diablo 4 announcement. Not only that it's a massive jump to assume that because people have phones they'd be interested in mobile gaming. if anything the negativity will likely drive higher downloads/purchases of the game because people will want to check it out to see what all the bitching was about Can you imagine the kick off last blizzcon if blizzard hadnt announced shadow lands but had announced "wow mobile pet battler" instead, the negative reaction wouldn't indicate that this community is not interested in the product, simply that announcing it in such a way perhaps wasnt the best way to appease your customers.

2.) the blizzard reps response to a question was a bit douchey given the context of the situation, "you guys all have phones right" isn't going to sit well with a crowd of disappointed gamers, who may or may not have phones which would be compatible. it was a terrible response.
    And have you got measurable metrics other than personal anecdotal experiences to show that users o f the website overwhlemingly have a negative impression of diablo immortal?

correlation does not imply causation.