Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    ah ok, I was really wondering if it was dw vs 2hnder even for oblit. I see lots of people saying 2h for oblit, but I like the class fantasy of a dw frost. thank you.
    Dw better for all pvp. 2h is pvp only so u can get higher burst during the oblit window. Dw gives more procs of on and FP, and x2 runeforges. The 2h buffs can't keep up in overall dps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Simpler, adjust the runeforges for 2h or allow 2 on a 2hander
    They need to do that, they need to adjust every single attack formula to scale evenly. And they need to change proc rates on talents. Even then, you apply razor ice faster when dwing cause the swing time is faster.
    Last edited by ellieg; 2020-12-18 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    Zero meaningful raid/dungeon achievements to speak of.
    So much about your history...
    I haven't' been a hardcore player since MoP, doesn't mean I don't have a history with the game nor knowledgeable of it and how it works...
    I very much so play casually these days which also doesn't mean I shouldn't be worried about performance.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Dw better for all pvp. 2h is pvp only so u can get higher burst during the oblit window. Dw gives more procs of on and FP, and x2 runeforges. The 2h buffs can't keep up in overall dps

- - - Updated - - -

They need to do that, they need to adjust every single attack formula to scale evenly. And they need to change proc rates on talents. Even then, you apply razor ice faster when dwing cause the swing time is faster.
    2H Obliteration is stronger than DW Obliteration.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazze View Post
    Anyone can say stupid s**t.

Do you have an argument or source with that or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Anyone can say stupid s**t.

Do you have an argument or source with that or what?
    Hey, stupid asshole! Why don't you make a dk and see for yourself? Why should i bring evidence when everyone here is spouting whatever they want? I have played, tried different set ups and have come to my own conclusion. I am not going to search for sims or anything like that, go find yourself or better yet, play the goddamn game.

It is better for ST Obliteration, scales better with mastery too(which is frost's best stat). If you take night fae it even becomes really strong on cleave fights.

Hey, stupid asshole! Why don't you make a dk and see for yourself? Why should i bring evidence when everyone here is spouting whatever they want? I have played, tried different set ups and have come to my own conclusion. I am not going to search for sims or anything like that, go find yourself or better yet, play the goddamn game.

It is better for ST Obliteration, scales better with mastery too(which is frost's best stat). If you take night fae it even becomes really strong on cleave fights.
    I have a DK, thank you very much.

You should bring evidence cause you made a dubious statement that is going against what is said by theory crafters with actual data in the DK discord.

So, it's based on your personal tests of some sort in content of some sort. Well, that is very good for you. But you cannot make a statement like you did without data or without a good argument. We know it does do more damage for a fact with BiS gear in a patchwerk fight. It may be that with your talent and gear setup in does better in some situations. That is what i wanted to hear about.

AKA good that it works for you. You say that in your experience it is better. That is totally ok. The absolute statement of something that isn't fact is misinformation though. Even if Mastery were to scale better with 2H, as the other poster said, you got a second runeforge enchant, more procs and more runic power, which means less down time.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Glacial Advance is the solution for 2H, that is how I apply it currently, with mastery as your main stat you can get away with it as 2H without a huge dps loss on boss fights. I agree though they need to adjust talents as well.

I've mostly played unholy, but I've been appreciating frost this xpac because of 2 hand. Frost is more bursty and unholy is more planned with your bursts.

Everyone knows that already lol, but iono, I've just been surprised how much I like frost right now. Probably because it's new(ish) to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuttsj View Post
    I've mostly played unholy, but I've been appreciating frost this xpac because of 2 hand. Frost is more bursty and unholy is more planned with your bursts.

Everyone knows that already lol, but iono, I've just been surprised how much I like frost right now. Probably because it's new(ish) to me.
    Yeah, I'm really surprised how much I'm enjoying frost this xpac, since I haven't liked it in years.

2H Oblit with a mace is a thing of beauty too.

Keep it civil please guys.

I'm currently ilvl 168 and my two hander frost dk is one of my, if not my strongest char right now. Maybe you need a better key layout for playing? Better talent set up? Try poking around in your setup a bit, toy with stats. It's not as bad as you think.

so it dead simple someone said make FF ticks have a 33% chance to proc KM 10 sec icd

that way both DW and 2H will get the same amount of KM procs

Sim it. You'll see dw comes out ahead. You might feel like 2h is stronger but dw is definitely doing more overall dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Heartlessnobody View Post
    so it dead simple someone said make FF ticks have a 33% chance to proc KM 10 sec icd

that way both DW and 2H will get the same amount of KM procs
    I mean that would fix the KM issue (and also effectively remove a mechanic that's been the cornerstone of the spec since wrath). It wouldn't fix the runeforge (and thus scaling one).

The simple fact is the way the spec currently works 2h and dw can never coexist equally and as a result, all dev time that goes into trying to achieve that goal is dead dev time.
    Frost is honestly archaic at this point, I think it's the oldest spec in the game that has never received a massive core overhaul. If blizzard ever wants to resolve this 2h v dw issue they need to do a full rebuild.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    I mean that would fix the KM issue (and also effectively remove a mechanic that's been the cornerstone of the spec since wrath). It wouldn't fix the runeforge (and thus scaling one).

The simple fact is the way the spec currently works 2h and dw can never coexist equally and as a result, all dev time that goes into trying to achieve that goal is dead dev time.
    Frost is honestly archaic at this point, I think it's the oldest spec in the game that has never received a massive core overhaul. If blizzard ever wants to resolve this 2h v dw issue they need to do a full rebuild.
    What kind of build do think it would turn into for 2h? As in the theme of the spec.

wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screenshots/normal/1005334.png

wowhead.com/news=320208.6/analysis-of-shadowlands-dps-after-week-3-of-castle-nathria-second-week-of-mythic

UH even higher while FDK got demoted to s**t tier Lets hope for some class tuning soon.

Quote Originally Posted by cuttsj View Post
    What kind of build do think it would turn into for 2h? As in the theme of the spec.
    i think they wouldn't need to change much about the theme:

dw: a walking blizzzard with focus on frost damage, fast attacks and wide area dmg
    - frost scythe is already synergizing better for dw
    - BoS could be made dw-exclusive
    - maybe a skill like sludgefist AA: for XX seconds, your AA deal frost damage and hit Y targets. if there are not enough targets, the afflicted targets will be hit again for reduced dmg.

2h: like a looming iceberg crashing down, with slow paced gameplay, more focussed on single target with crit and big hits
    - bring back the "the-next-oblit-crits" ability
    - give 2h a stronger effect for KM
    - remorseless winter ticks could buff next FS or GA to do big dmg

i only fear that such a design would give frost too much flexibility with dmg profiles, making it inheritly more versatile than other classes that have to change speccs to change dmg profiles
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Frost Has always struggled at the beginning of expacs but then took off once crit got out of hand. But with the changes to secondary stats scaling at higher levels, there is a good chance something would need to be done to help frost. Will they, I doubt it.

Poor Frost
    Yet another week goes by without buffs.

my dk just hit 60 and think I'm going with frost it's just more fun then unholy and I was unholy in bfa