Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I don't agree. Classic wow is very much a journey, not a shopping list of chores with instant rewards like retail.
    Correct you don’t get rewards.

Classic is worth it if you're looking to play solo or at a very casual level. If you're looking to take part in group content or endgame content,I just can't recommend it as the Classic community makes the retail one look nice in comparison

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Classic is worth it if you're looking to play solo or at a very casual level. If you're looking to take part in group content or endgame content,I just can't recommend it as the Classic community makes the retail one look nice in comparison
    Retail has no community, so that's easy. And I don't agree anyway, I had a great experience all throughout classic.

There are no people out in the world to do quests and dungeons with. Don't bother if you like social stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Why? I concede that they could just go look at all the other similar threads, but the presence of such topics is actually very positive, since it points at a somewhat still alive interest in Classic. We don't need one every week to be sure, but then again, the Classic WoW subforum would be pretty empty otherwise.
    "it's okay to have threads asking the same question over and over and over and over, because the forum would be empty otherwise"

yikes

Dear OP, MMO-Champ absolutely despises Classic and every thread in this forum turns into Classic bashing to a level that would be considered trolling in any other forum, with deafening silence from mods. If you want to talk Classic with people who actually like it, start with the Classic reddit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeorgaki View Post
    You'll have the opportunity to experience WoW as it was before Cataclysm destroyed Azeroth. Raids and dungeons as they originally existed. The game and story that the developers originally created and the game everyone originally fell in love with and continued to love throughout WOTLK. The intended masterpiece that it was meant to be until Cataclysm and its decline.

As you'll see below the sub count which pretty accurately represents the decline in the quality of the game. You'll notice Vanilla and TBC are below WOTLK but that doesnt necessarily mean they were any worse or any better. You'd be nieve to try to judge which expansion of the first 3 (Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK) were better based on their subscription count, instead of the more obvious which is simply that the game was in its youth. It simply wasn't as widespread at the time. Now of course as time went on more people owned more powerful computers (along with powerful portability) and more people got into gaming as well, as the game also became more popular too. Yet the initial rise still turned to a decline at one point even though theoretically more potential users existed as time went on.

Here is a graph of the literal destruction of Cataclysm. Just incase you're not familiar, entire zones were changed, some zones were flooded while others were torn by earthquakes and volcanic activity along with the disappearance of some raids and dungeons and the alteration of others. It was quite an unfortunate decision if you ask me.

snip

P.s. I'm binge watching breaking bad, never seen it before. I only skimmed over this once, not doing it again. If you see any errors, simply ignore them. Thx!
    That's not entirely accurate imo. Cataclysm's starting raids and dungeons were completely solid, some people didn't like the huge increase in difficulty/time for dungeons and left because they were used to spamming aoe abilities and facerolling heroics. Whilst Wrath was my favourite expac, it did have issues with difficulty at times, and some people were too accustomed to that difficulty.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bobthepoppity View Post
    As the title states. I am looking for a slow-paced game that where my character is not the ultramarine destroyer of worlds who facerolls trough astral planes. However, I have NEVER played classic, started WOW only recently (in bfa to be precise) and have some toons on retail, but SL is slowly boring me and feels like a chore.

Is it worth starting now? I mean, classic is already out for a long time and I worry there won't be enough likeminded people to slowly progress and enjoy the game together. From what I've seen, people playing classic know this game inside out and I'm definitely not one of them. Will I fit?
    it is a bit late yeah. Specially if you're looking into doing group content, you'll have a hard time finding groups. Don't even think about raiding yet, Classic is the exact oposite of Shadowlands, its a slow paced game, you'll take at least a month leveling from 1 to 60, since you say you dont have any experience with it.

But, since you never played Classic, I also recomend PLAYING IT NOW!! Do it for the leveling and experiencing the game, just dont expect to find too many players doing group content while leveling.
    You don't understand. Having an unpayed full time job that no one appreciates is the magic of classic.

It's about the journey. The journey into depression. The journey of running a daycare full of middle-aged alcoholics ignoring their SOs and avoiding social engagements to fulfill something they wanted 15 years ago before everyone realized it's not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    However, as others have noted, TBC is likely to come out in the next few months. If you can get BETA access you might want to try that otherwise you can wait until May (unconfirmed release date) and start fresh on a fresh server.
    It seems . . . unlikely bliz would release tbc bfeore the content drought at the end of slands. Not impossible, but this timeline sounds over optimistic to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by vitor210 View Post
    But, since you never played Classic, I also recommend PLAYING IT NOW!! Do it for the leveling and experiencing the game, just dont expect to find too many players doing group content while leveling.
    Agree 100%. It's worth playing just to enjoy a very different game than Retail. Even if you decide you hate it, a least you'll know.

I would recommend a PVE server though. Having no guild or max level main to protect yourself could make 30-60 vey miserable on a PVP server.

You also may be able to find groups if you look for a levelling guild or are just really patient about putting groups together. Plenty of people are still making alts, some in anticipation of switching their mains come TBC.

People who claim that is "empty" and that you'll not find groups are just lying and didn't log into the game and bother to see how it is now.

If you are in EU there is people levelling in Firemaw (have done Deadmines, BFD, RFK and Gnome in alliance side with no issue), Gehennas (only been in RFC as horde but can see people doing SFK and WC every day) and Pirewood Village. Pirewood might be the friendliest to level up. Depending on what time you play, you'll find less people ofc, but you will do 90% of the dungeons of the game in a group if you join a levelling guild in one of those servers. Even in Firemaw there is a new guild levelling some toons to start with MC from scratch ! (Will be easy with some of the gear, but well, they are recruiting, slowly but steady).

If you are tank or healing you'll have no issue. DPS spots are usually in less demand cause there are plenty of them, so you'll take more time to form a group. As it happens in Retail.

Is it full of people? Ofc is not the glorious moment. Many people left, but some people are back switching from retail to classic from time to time. Is worth a try. If you don't like it just go back to retail and try again in TBC, where things are slightly different and friendlier.

Sure. Classic is the way WoW was originally, more or less. Its fun.

There are still plenty of people levelling and selling stuff on AH and doing stuff besides endgame raids.

Now having said that, you don't have the great onrush of tons of people with a new release. But there are still plenty of people to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    There are no people out in the world to do quests and dungeons with. Don't bother if you like social stuff.
    I'm still meeting people and doing dungeons? Are you guys all playing on the deadest of dead pve servers or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Yes if you enjoy exploring and do the classic content but under no circumstance play on a pvp server like i did. The horrible community in classic made me quit the game at level 30.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    It seems . . . unlikely bliz would release tbc bfeore the content drought at the end of slands. Not impossible, but this timeline sounds over optimistic to me.
    They said during release of Naxx/SL that the playerbases between Shadowlands and Classic are very separate and releasing content in one didn't affect the other one. So next part of plan could come in few months.

yes ofc

level a character for tbc ;D

Do yourself a favour and ignore the negative troggs here and give Classic a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Your safe bet is retail where you will fit in no time. In classic you would be expected to know everything around classic already and its a really bad place for a beginner. Start retail.
    Is that so? I remember people in classic being very helpful and patient. And didnt mind dungeon run taking more time.
    While on retail every group content is about rushing. And if you don't know something then you will be kicked or berated
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its worth but u need to find good server with alts and new commers. As i know there is planty raiders but lvling zones and dungeons are pretty empty :<

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You remember 2004, we was different back then. Classic now is just people who relive the experience at the speed of light. Now imagine yourself at the starting area in a world you don't know vs everyone else whos done it 10-20 times before.

In retail you can advance to 60 with gold to get mounts, flying, instant queues for dungeons, BG gear etc. Do remember we re talking about NEWCOMER. You are literally sending the guy to his death of will to play wow.
    No, I remember the situation few months ago. (Actually I didnt even play wow on blizzard servers back in vanilla)
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.