Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Will you quit WoW if they return Tier-Sets to be exclusive to raiding?

As a M+ player, I was thrilled to see the removal of Tier-Sets in BFA, however, Ion has said in an Interview that Tier-Sets will return in a later patch of SL. He hasn't specified if they will be raid exclusive but I still remember back in Legion that Raid-Sets were so OP in m+ you had to farm them, even if it was just the normal raid version.

I hope they will make a M+ version of sets this time, otherwise I see very dark times ahead for their player-base if everyone is forced to raid to be competitive in M+.

Please be civil about this topic, respect the opinion of others.

I'm almost entirely positive that tier sets won't ever be available as drops in m+. The best we can hope for is some currency from the weekly chest that we'll be able to use to buy the set pieces from a vendor eventually, but then Blizzard are seemingly very against putting actual useful PvE gear on a vendor.

Maybe next expansion they'll make a set of m+ gear for each armor class with generic set bonuses as an alternative to tier sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    As a M+ player, I was thrilled to see the removal of Tier-Sets in BFA, however, Ion has said in an Interview that Tier-Sets will return in a later patch of SL. He hasn't specified if they will be raid exclusive but I still remember back in Legion that Raid-Sets were so OP in m+ you had to farm them, even if it was just the normal raid version.

I hope they will make a M+ version of sets this time, otherwise I see very dark times ahead for their player-base if everyone is forced to raid to be competitive in M+.

Please be civil about this topic, respect the opinion of others.
    M+ already has the advantage of usually better options of itemization. And better trinkets etc for some classes. How dare raiding get a gearing incentive beyond ilvl. Also, I fully expect the 'tier sets' to be class appearances, not set bonuses.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Nope, quite the opposite, i will enjoy SL even more than i currently do.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Will you quit WoW if they return Tier-Sets to be exclusive to raiding?
    There's something fundamentally wrong with this sentence, making the whole point moot. Tier sets have always come from raiding. Sure, there have been dungeon sets in the past, but those are not tier sets. No, not even the "0.5" sets count! Actual tier sets have been raiding exclusive since their introduction. So, "returning" them to be raid exclusive simply cannot happen, because they never stopped being raid exclusives.

M+ and their place in WoW is intentionally separate from Raiding and the place that has in WoW. But that doesn't mean you should only ever do one or the other. If you WANT something that comes from the other, then obviously, like with any other thing in the game, you have to do the thing that gives you what you want. If you happen to be a M+ player and WANT the tier set, for whatever reason, then you have to do raiding. Simple as that.

M+ sets will never exist for the reason that Tier sets are so desired. The set bonus. Being able to farm a set in "no time" compared to a weekly raid lockout just makes M+ "required" for raiding. You're essentially asking Blizzard to do a 180 on the problem that you have right now, in order to cater to your own playstyle, instead of accepting that tier sets comes from raiding.

Now, with that said, I wouldn't mind at all if they re-introduced Dungeon Sets and had a weak bonus for the Heroic version, middle-strength bonus for M+ and kept the strong ones to raid sets.
    Last edited by Throwme; 2021-01-05 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    M+ already has the advantage of usually better options of itemization. And better trinkets etc for some classes. How dare raiding get a gearing incentive beyond ilvl. Also, I fully expect the 'tier sets' to be class appearances, not set bonuses.
    Premiere trinkets have historically been dropped by raids, barring a couple extremely rare circumstances.
    And about incentives, raiding has almost always delivered better weapons or better effects in general, so I don't really know what you're on about.

They have made blue post about bringing back the actual set bonuses, nobody want some cosmetic shit only.

What an oddly specific grievance to have...

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    nobody want some cosmetic shit only.
    And yet transmog farming is taking up a LOT of people's time. And mogs are still selling for tons of gold every single day on the AH.

Nah, fuck off with tier sets. I am cool if they just make tier sets WITHOUT the tier bonuses. Just for class fantasy. Oh, you're a druid? Cool make the set look leafy and shit and stick some stats on it. cba farming tier sets for their bonuses just to have an advantage in the game.

They have made blue post about bringing back the actual set bonuses, nobody want some cosmetic shit only.
    Really? So challenge mode sets from Pandaria weren't desired? Or the weapons from WOD? or I dunno, all the cosmetic sets from Shadowlands?

Also, lets consider the fact that a new class would likely require them to have class sets back otherwise, "Yay, you have no class look."

Also, as a DH, with only legion for class sets, I'd happily just have class appearances back.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

They will probably make you grind torghast or maw for stygia / soul ash and you can turn any item into set piece with it.

I would actually prefer it to be cosmetic 'shit' only. For everyone constantly hating on "Borrowed power" Set bonuses are the initial version of that. Hiding class faults that then don't later get fixed, sometimes just strait up so OP that a set from the previous tier or even expansion was better then current gear.
    Plus things would go back to 'raid every difficulty every week until you have your full set bonus because they are that good' which is not something I welcome. Shadowlands being more laid back is good, lets not fuck that up already.

I want the iconic class looks back to play around with transmog, not all the extra hassle sets gave.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Really? So challenge mode sets from Pandaria weren't desired? Or the weapons from WOD? or I dunno, all the cosmetic sets from Shadowlands?

Also, lets consider the fact that a new class would likely require them to have class sets back otherwise, "Yay, you have no class look."

Also, as a DH, with only legion for class sets, I'd happily just have class appearances back.
    So let me rephrase it... Nobody wants useless, non power shit to drop from raids because with the nerfed loot drops, the outcry will be insane when that shit cosmetic item drops instead of some real loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    And yet transmog farming is taking up a LOT of people's time. And mogs are still selling for tons of gold every single day on the AH.
    Does majority, if not all transmog from raids have player power or not? They do? Shocker

couldnt care less if cosmetic items drop, but i hope they keep setbonuses out. no one needs that unbalanced shit.

I hope IF they introduce tier sets back, then they add the possibillity to purchase them from M+ too.
    Or add an alternativ M+ Set.
    It would feel extremely bad for M+ Only Players (Like myself) to not have access to a Setbonus, if Raid only players have one.
    Other possibility would be to deactivate the Setbonus in dungeons and PvP. Otherwise the tuning would be a mess, more like it is at the moment.

I also focus m+ i really hope tier sets is something you can buy for currency or cosmetic only class base

Quote Originally Posted by lagiacrux View Post
    couldnt care less if cosmetic items drop, but i hope they keep setbonuses out. no one needs that unbalanced shit.
    Because the game is so balanced without them you mean? Are we playing the same game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imphrazel View Post
    It would feel extremely bad for M+ Only Players (Like myself) to not have access to a Setbonus, if Raid only players have one.
    You have endless farmable loot, we have better loot. Seems balanced to me.

It's not enough to be outraged at Blizzard simply for the stuff they actually do to fuck up their game. We have to also be outraged at the mere possibility they might do something that doesn't align 100% with our individual views of what's important in our subscription MMO.

Personally, I'm quitting when they give Draenei tails the ability to hang upside-down from the ceiling.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2021-01-05 at 11:31 AM. Reason: formatting

Why don't they add a seperate set for M+?
    There are set items intended for pvp.
    There are set items intended for raiding.
    There are set items intended for open world pve.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!