10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by razorpax View Post
    Hey guys did you know Anduin isn’t important to the jailer?? Yeah he’s just another mortal ya know.

I love blizzard writing lol they do something that they think “nobody will expect this” when they give it away 5 minutes into the expansion
    I don't think they were trying to do any twist, we already knew Sylvanas is faltering and not completely on board with everything the Jailer is doing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't think they were trying to do any twist, we already knew Sylvanas is faltering and not completely on board with everything the Jailer is doing.
    at what point in the story was that suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    When was this pointed out??
    She’s been pretty on board up until the last two cinematics maaaaybe. The one of us spying is arguable but everything until the one that was data mined shows her being “I’m actually the good guy you just don’t understand” and now it’s guiding us to her sacrifice and redemption in death

My main point was also poking fun at the posters saying “no Anduin isn’t special he just was there after the jailer saw us leave. We are the special one and Anduin isn’t important at all” and us getting 2 cinematics showing otherwise

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    New year, new posibilities, new chances at being dead wrong on predictions...

I guess the first and best prediction might be when our next livestream is going to be? Or rather if there will be one before Blizzconline.
    Currently we have nothing to waiting for almost full month now, which is something they always try to avoid. Probably they are not in rush like in early BfA, but we should get at least first 9.1 PTR build this month.

My main point was also poking fun at the posters saying “no Anduin isn’t special he just was there after the jailer saw us leave. We are the special one and Anduin isn’t important at all” and us getting 2 cinematics showing otherwise
    In other words, your main point is showing everybody you can't tell the difference between "x isn't special" and "x isn't the focus of one particular cinematic".

I feel pretty good about a potential PTR for 9.1 being up in a couple weeks. Then 9.1 proper due in February.

Quote Originally Posted by BALLS BALLS BALLS BALLS View Post
    I feel pretty good about a potential PTR for 9.1 being up in a couple weeks. Then 9.1 proper due in February.
    While we might see PTR January or February, i don't think the patch hitting in February is likely. They'd pretty much have to start in the next week or so.

I'm pretty sure they'll save 9.1 announcement for Blizzconline.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

The only time Sylvanas is faltering now is when it involves the forced mind control of someone. Considering her history and what happened to her this makes sense.

However, Cata shows she doesn't really give a shit (see: her torturing of Koltiras). You can argue that Cata Sylvanas was badly written but her having trouble with brainwashing goes against her portrayal in Cataclysm.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I'm pretty sure they'll save 9.1 announcement for Blizzconline.
    That would mean radio silence about WoW update for 2.5 months after releasing content (I count from raid release) and likely not even Q1 patch release. For me it would be sign something terrible is going on in WoW development.

wasnt 8.1 ptr up like 1 month and a few days after bfa launch? which would mean if they keep same timeframes, it should come up this week or next? or am i missmatching something, hopefully they wont go with the 9.0.5 strat and delay big new content for blizzconline

I would move up the time tables by 2-3 weeks from everyone wanting to take a break over the holidays. So the usual release>first patch timing is thrown off a bit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreen View Post
    wasnt 8.1 ptr up like 1 month and a few days after bfa launch? which would mean if they keep same timeframes, it should come up this week or next? or am i missmatching something, hopefully they wont go with the 9.0.5 strat and delay big new content for blizzconline
    They announced it end of September which would be about a month from launch and released it in December. Waiting for Blizzcon seems a bit of a stretch since it happens end of February. If it was at the start we might have the announcement saved until then since the second wing of LFR opens with the weekly resets. But 9.2 should be close to released by Blizzcon so maybe they can start talking about 9.3 or some minor patch or something.

Though I'm sure wow will be minor and Diablo 4 and Overwatch 2 will be the big things.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Hey guys did you know Anduin isn’t important to the jailer?? Yeah he’s just another mortal ya know.
    If you refer to the discussion a few pages back, I never said Anduin wasn't important or not a part of the plan, just that our escape from the Maw was what intrigued the Jailer, not Anduin's Light Dome.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreen View Post
    From one side 8.1 reveal was probably premature, since Season 1 release was disaster (ton of bugs, Azerite and poor islands/Warfronts quality) and Ion had to show us something. From another they probably kept 8.1 in PTR few weeks longer than usual, they managed to repair many 8.0 bugs but BfA reputation was already damaged and launch crowd gone already.

So while Legion initial timeline is out of picture (they said many times 7.1 released way to soon), I hope they won't repeat BfA timeline either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    If you refer to the discussion a few pages back, I never said Anduin wasn't important or not a part of the plan, just that our escape from the Maw was what intrigued the Jailer, not Anduin's Light Dome.
    in their defense saying the jailer wasnt intrigued by the light dome that stopped his wave of death (even if he wasnt really trying) and instead intrigued by mortals leaving the maw when his forces have been shown to be able to do so was completely shot down in the cinematic we were spying on them

we had multiple people arguing both sides of what we can see now as an obvious plotline of "oh child of light shall serve the darkness" which will lead to "sylvanas sacrificing herself to save anduin" likely with the generic line of "At the end little lion i was free to choose what to die for...."

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    in their defense saying the jailer wasnt intrigued by the light dome that stopped his wave of death (even if he wasnt really trying) and instead intrigued by mortals leaving the maw when his forces have been shown to be able to do so was completely shot down in the cinematic we were spying on them
    Except his forces haven't been shown to do so. He has forces that weren't in the Maw to begin with, but that's not the same thing. He also has some way to communicate with beings outside it, but nothing being able to leave is something of a major plot point so we'd need some actual evidence for that.

I don't see how that cinematic shot it down, either. Anduin wasn't exactly an unknown factor to them.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Except his forces haven't been shown to do so. He has forces that weren't in the Maw to begin with, but that's not the same thing. He also has some way to communicate with beings outside it, but nothing being able to leave is something of a major plot point so we'd need some actual evidence for that.

I don't see how that cinematic shot it down, either. Anduin wasn't exactly an unknown factor to them.
    KT gets rescued from being destroyed by a mawsworn popping in saying “the jailer has a use for you still”

Also the jailer didn’t know the extent of his power which you can assume from the wave of energy he sent out not being able to get through the bubble because he thought (gonna use bs numbers for a general comparison)
    His wave is say level 2 because he saw the heroes as level 1 possibly not gotten to Anduin yet for personal testing
    Anduin makes a bubble equal to level 2
    Jailer notices and tosses out level 3 magic even though he has power up to 100

KT gets rescued from being destroyed by a mawsworn popping in saying “the jailer has a use for you still”

Also the jailer didn’t know the extent of his power which you can assume from the wave of energy he sent out not being able to get through the bubble because he thought (gonna use bs numbers for a general comparison)
    His wave is say level 2 because he saw the heroes as level 1 possibly not gotten to Anduin yet for personal testing
    Anduin makes a bubble equal to level 2
    Jailer notices and tosses out level 3 magic even though he has power up to 100
    We know he has forces outside the Maw, he had those all the way back in Bastion already. That's not sufficient evidence they can leave, aside from happening well after we left the Maw so it might actually be something he learned from that.

And, well, the whole point was that he wasn't even trying at first, with a deliberately slow, creeping wave when he showed afterwards that he could have mopped it all up quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We know he has forces outside the Maw, he had those all the way back in Bastion already. That's not sufficient evidence they can leave, aside from happening well after we left the Maw so it might actually be something he learned from that.

And, well, the whole point was that he wasn't even trying at first, with a deliberately slow, creeping wave when he showed afterwards that he could have mopped it all up quickly.
    1. The mawsworn comes through a portal that one can see is from the maw
    2. You kinda just agree with me. He didn’t expect to have to put any effort at all and anduin made him put in slightly more

Also what mawsworn are outside of the maw?
    Last edited by razorpax; 2021-01-05 at 08:55 PM.