Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hate this mindset of "if something does not appease me ill quit". Stop making posts and quit if you are unhappy. I am an exclusively M+ player and i would not care if the raiders in my guild got tier sets. I play the game to group with friends and kill bosses, and whether or not my pixels have "Four Piece: Your tickles cause the target to piss their pants" or no set bonus at all, does not affect my enjoyment.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quiting WoW seems to be an adequate response to such a dramatic hypothesis.

I'll quit when I'm tired of the game, not because of some little thing like this.

Who says I havent already quit retail? Shadowlands was fun for a couple weeks then the glaring issues started to surface behind all that vanity they tried to prop up.

Blizzard for whatever reason always has a hard time balancing pvp/m+/raiding so they are all enjoyable at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Nope, quite the opposite, i will enjoy SL even more than i currently do.
    Same, and I already enjoy it.

Raids sets which work in Raids->Old Content-> World
    PvP sets which work in PvP-> Old Content ->World
    M+ sets which work in M+ -> Old Content ->World

Otherwise it will be crap as it used to be. Everyone opposing or saying "tier sets can only come from raids" need to get over it and admit that M+ is a major feature of the game.

Of course not. Ok the contrary, I will celebrate this.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Really? So challenge mode sets from Pandaria weren't desired? Or the weapons from WOD? or I dunno, all the cosmetic sets from Shadowlands?

Also, lets consider the fact that a new class would likely require them to have class sets back otherwise, "Yay, you have no class look."

Also, as a DH, with only legion for class sets, I'd happily just have class appearances back.
    Or the most popular the cosmetic artifact appearances in Legion.

So let me rephrase it... Nobody wants useless, non power shit to drop from raids because with the nerfed loot drops, the outcry will be insane when that shit cosmetic item drops instead of some real loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Does majority, if not all transmog from raids have player power or not? They do? Shocker
    You apply the appearance to the actual loot drop...
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

No, quite the opposite.

Raiding having the superior options to dungeons is exactly what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post

I hope they will make a M+ version of sets this time, otherwise I see very dark times ahead for their player-base if everyone is forced to raid to be competitive in M+.
    obviously, there is competitive players doing M+ right now, without tier sets..... why all of the sudden they wouldn't be competitive if tier sets comes back? players started upgrading keys at 171ilvl, but BOOM: tier set happen and they can't time keys anymore?? lol....

you don't want to be competitive, you just want the best raid gear in the game without the hassle of joining a mythic guild on schedule to clean those raids. the gear you get doing those high keys is good enough to clear every content in this game....

"will you quit wow if...." to quit the game for shit like that sounds like a 12yo tantrum.

on one side there is pve players crying because they are "forced" to do pvp to gear up, now we have people crying in advance if they need to raid to do M+.... this is bullshit. you can stick to the content you like and get gear good enough to clear said content you like. or we don't have the same definition for "being competitive", maybe you are one of those people asking for 210ilvl for a +5 and call yourself competitive......
    Last edited by Beuargh; 2021-01-05 at 02:56 PM.

M+, Raids and PvP should all have their own set bonuses exclusive to that content, that helps mainly with the place you got it from.

Maybe even only activate the set bonus in that content and the open world.

I'd rather be able to equip 2-3 leggos, and see more crazy leggos instead of the watered down leggos we have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Why on earth would anyone quit over that? Tier sets have always been a raid thing, it makes no sense to expect that they would lump them in with M+ as well.

This kind of demand is why the word 'entitled' gets thrown around so much when discussing gamers.
    So you are entitled for raid tier sets "because it has always been like this". Talk about Entitlement.
    So you are basically a traditionalist, you don't want any change, even for the better. That's a pretty bad view on things in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    As a M+ player, I was thrilled to see the removal of Tier-Sets in BFA, however, Ion has said in an Interview that Tier-Sets will return in a later patch of SL. He hasn't specified if they will be raid exclusive but I still remember back in Legion that Raid-Sets were so OP in m+ you had to farm them, even if it was just the normal raid version.

I hope they will make a M+ version of sets this time, otherwise I see very dark times ahead for their player-base if everyone is forced to raid to be competitive in M+.

Please be civil about this topic, respect the opinion of others.
    I hope they make Tier sets and PVP sets again and have them share look with different shades just like in BC which was amazing. I hope to see Tier sets exclusive to raiding where they belong, you can get them in LFR if you cant pug a normal or HC raid which are all quite easy. As it stands now M+ with its gear restrictions and dropping 1 piece of gear for 5 people at the end of a run is pointless anyway. PVP is the best most rewarding content right now since you always get some sort of progression as compared to M+ where you could potentially go a week without a reward actually dropping other than in your vault.

No, I'd be fine with it. M+ rewards higher ilvl loot than raids at the end of the week for easier content, and M+ has no lockout throughout the week. Giving tier sets in M+ would force raiders to compete in that avenue, farming specific mythic dungeons, in order to get the drop required to compete. While it would be nice for M+ to have some alternative method of acquiring raid sets (e.g. titan residuum), I think it should be a less efficient means than completing the set through raids.

The obvious solution would be to have the raid tier bonuses only be active in raids. All problems solved pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by poggers View Post
    Who says I havent already quit retail? Shadowlands was fun for a couple weeks then the glaring issues started to surface behind all that vanity they tried to prop up.

Blizzard for whatever reason always has a hard time balancing pvp/m+/raiding so they are all enjoyable at the same time.
    Well if you quit already, why should Blizzard or anyone here give a shit about your opinion?

Let the people who play the game decide what is best for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

So let me rephrase it... Nobody wants useless, non power shit to drop from raids because with the nerfed loot drops, the outcry will be insane when that shit cosmetic item drops instead of some real loot.

- - - Updated - - -

Does majority, if not all transmog from raids have player power or not? They do? Shocker
    I hope your not claiming that people farm old content for transmog sets because of player power, because you make it seems like you think that is the case...

Also there is no reason to drop a cosmetic item in place of actual loot. They can do chances for cosmetic items that drop in addition to other loot (which already exists) or simple have a hunter and a shaman mail piece. Thanks to personal loot it doesn't even matter how big that makes a boss's loot table.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I love tier sets, so no. I just hope they will bring new fun ways to twist the playstyle of each spec, and not just " play as you always do but get that X% buff". They already brought fun tier sets as legendaries (like Firestorm), they should think of new ones now.

Nope. But I still think they should separate the look from the stats for gear. When you get drops in dungeons and raids you get something that increases your stats on the slot. Then you get the look or transmogs from crafting, vendors, drops, Aunt Sally, where ever...

Not sure how I'd do it totally but I'm not making cash for coming up with the details. Nah I won't quit wow if they only do teir sets in raids.