Poll: Could the World of Warcraft and its characters defeat those of Starcraft and Diablo?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Could the World of Warcraft and its characters defeat those of Starcraft and Diablo?

Could the World of Warcraft's Alliance and Horde fare well against the characters of the Starcraft and the Diablo universes? (I'm not sure where exactly to ask this to be honest)

If for example, the forces of either universe, both the heroes and their worst enemies, directly attacked Azeroth, would they be able to stand against them in a full-scale conflict of epic proportions? Do you believe that any cross-over, beyond the very limited interactions in Heroes of the Storm, between these three universes would end well, since the latter games are considerably less popular than World of Warcraft?
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-01-05 at 08:49 AM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Depends, if Warcraft gets people from outside of azeroth then they can just wait for Sargeras to destroy either of them

Azeroth vs Sanctuary? Its over for azeroth basically. The nephalem is so fkin strong its insane.

As for Starcraft. Unless we can get the forge of origination to blast a few cruisers out of the sky its pretty much over. Way too outnumbered and the technological gap is huge. Ascended kerrigan just destroys everything

If azeroth has Sargeras they win, if they dont they lose
    An'u belore delen'na

Suelvanas solos.

Betanuser and Goldvanas would personally see to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Could the World of Warcraft's Alliance and Horde fare well against the characters of the Starcraft and the Diablo universes? (I'm not sure where exactly to ask this to be honest)

If for example, the forces of either universe, both the heroes and their worst enemies, directly attacked Azeroth, would they be able to stand against them in a full-scale conflict of epic proportions? Do you believe that any cross-over, beyond the very limited interactions in Heroes of the Storm, between these three universes would end well, since the latter games are considerably less popular than World of Warcraft?
    Depends entirely on the potency of their technology and magic in their opposing worlds.

If the efficacy of guns and explosion in the warcraft universe is any indication Starcraft's forces would barely be able to inflict pin pricks in terms of damage for example.
    But with Diablo it's even iffier because the magic seems different mostly, but on the other hand the demons of Diablo seem like mere kittens compared to i.e. the old gods or creatures like Deathwing, and the alliance and horde did win against those.
    On the other hand the Nephalem effectively soloed the prime evil and Malthael, so (s)he's absurdly strong - then again a titan is way stronger again than even a nephalem i'd wager, and again we did kill that too.
    So really it boils down to the specifics in the case of Diablo vs. Warcraft, but i think that Starcraft's just way below it all there due to its dependancy on technology that just doesn't really work against Azerothians (and thus presumably Diablo creatures as well) and its distinct lack of magic.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

WoW has had far more time to power creep their factions beyond the other franchises, to the point where we faced God’s and now death itself. Kerrigan would probably be a 5-man boss and Diablo the first boss in a raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    WoW has had far more time to power creep their factions beyond the other franchises, to the point where we faced God’s and now death itself. Kerrigan would probably be a 5-man boss and Diablo the first boss in a raid.
    Diablo has essentially faced an entire pantheon and Seraphim and fallen Seraphim, and has done it solo without npc or PC allies. Id think WOW Vs Diablo would be a good fight.

As for Starcraft id give the edge to WOW, but i think the nearly endless number of zerg would definitely pose a small challenge.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

ALL WOW characters ? Including Titans and Void Lords? This is not even a subject for discussion, other universes have no chance, unless you include Anu and Tathamet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Depends entirely on the potency of their technology and magic in their opposing worlds.

If the efficacy of guns and explosion in the warcraft universe is any indication Starcraft's forces would barely be able to inflict pin pricks in terms of damage for example.
    But with Diablo it's even iffier because the magic seems different mostly, but on the other hand the demons of Diablo seem like mere kittens compared to i.e. the old gods or creatures like Deathwing, and the alliance and horde did win against those.
    On the other hand the Nephalem effectively soloed the prime evil and Malthael, so (s)he's absurdly strong - then again a titan is way stronger again than even a nephalem i'd wager, and again we did kill that too.
    So really it boils down to the specifics in the case of Diablo vs. Warcraft, but i think that Starcraft's just way below it all there due to its dependancy on technology that just doesn't really work against Azerothians (and thus presumably Diablo creatures as well) and its distinct lack of magic.
    According to the new lore, all Nephalems simultaneously participated in the events of Diablo 3 and together defeated Diablo and the others.

Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    ALL WOW characters ? Including Titans and Void Lords? This is not even a subject for discussion, other universes have no chance, unless you include Anu and Tathamet.

- - - Updated - - -

According to the new lore, all Nephalems simultaneously participated in the events of Diablo 3 and together defeated Diablo and the others.
    Oh, that's still ridiculously powerful but it does put them closer to the Azerothian scale somewhat.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cough View Post
    Depends, if Warcraft gets people from outside of azeroth then they can just wait for Sargeras to destroy either of them

Azeroth vs Sanctuary? Its over for azeroth basically. The nephalem is so fkin strong its insane.

As for Starcraft. Unless we can get the forge of origination to blast a few cruisers out of the sky its pretty much over. Way too outnumbered and the technological gap is huge. Ascended kerrigan just destroys everything

If azeroth has Sargeras they win, if they dont they lose
    Why couldn't most of the Alliance and Horde leaders defeat the nephalem?
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

I am pretty sure that Anduin could convince Chaos Gods to leave realspace alone if Golden was writing him at this point.

Just the Horde and Alliance, not all the forces of Azeroth or even other powers out there?

If it's universe vs universe, Warcraft is by far the more powerful universe. Titans, Olds Gods, etc...

If it's the forces of Azeroth, Lich King, Order Halls, Titan Keepers, Mogu, Mantid, Elementals, Dragons, My characcter, all the evil powers that also call the world home, epic battle but Azeroth pulls through.

If just the Horde and Alliance, StarCraft's 3 factions probably win, but Diablo's forces probably still lose(we kill demons and gods all the time)

The Zerg can consume entire planets of biology for resources in a realistic situation. If they absorb even one adventurer of any kind of class on either Diablo or Warcraft then suddenly even Old Gods and Prime Evils are on the table for Zerg to overcome. If the Prime Evils and Old Gods are consumed, the multiverses are all basically screwed at that point.

The Zerg are made to assimilate and adapt. The Scourge can only raise the dead - their ability to adapt to new threats isn't as innate as the Zerg. In the back and forth of infesting and raising, the Zerg eventually I think overcome the Scourge. Especially considering the psychic control feats of their respective leaders, even with the Lich King at the helm the Zerg span an entire universe-wide control network -- a much greater control feat than the Lich King has ever boasted before, even if the potential is there so at the very least the Scourge is working with a much lower force unless all of the multiverses of Azeroth are suddenly under the Lich King's control. The Lich King's power grows with each soul he has, so in this kind of scenario we may have a Lich King that is so powerful that not any zerg could be a threat... but if he even gets a tiny bit of infection on him, it's all over. We don't even know if the Lich King could raise Zerg or not - they could be too much of an aberration for the magic to work. Like, is there even a soul to claim? Plus, the Hive Mind is one collective consciousness. If one is raised, does the entire Hive Mind fall? Or does the Hive Mind because of its greater psychic feat end up being the more powerful controlling force even if they are raised? If they adapt after that, the Scourge wouldn't be able to raise them. They'd probably just adapt to explode into useless goo or something. Anyway I think it's safer to say the Starcraft universe has more life at their disposal, as the universe of Azeroth is mostly described as basically empty by comparison so out the gate even with everything Warcraft will be at a disadvantage in terms of numbers which is really scary for the Zerg to have if they had all of the Protoss and Terran an Xel'naga and so on combined already.

Now, we also need to determine if the Old Gods have larger control feats or the Zerg do. We know Arthas' control has only gone has far as a planet. But the Old Gods have spanned the universe - much like Zerg. We have to wonder if the Zerg's Hive Mind makes them more or less susceptible to control from Old Gods, and whether the Old Gods themselves don't just get assimilated by errant Zerg forces raining down on the entire planet. If even one Old God force falls to a Zerg before the entire Zerg Hive Mind is controlled, then the Zerg just adapt and assimilate Old God forces higher and higher until the Old Gods go down. Again, counting also, that adventurers and Titan-forged races that have Old God resistances can also be assimilated before the Old Gods potentially even get involved with the Zerg.

So, before any of that, we also need to establish if the Old Gods foresee the conflict with their Thousand Truths or if we're establishing no preparation in this kind of fight. I think in a no-prepared situation the Old Gods lose to Zerg and the Warcraft universe falls. If the Old Gods can foresee, and I mean in the context of "All of Azeroth," in the case of Time-Magic from sources like Norzdormu potentially foreseeing the Zerg invasion and freezing them in place in say like, the inter-dimensional portal they all come through, the Old Gods could be at free will to try and manipulate the first Zerg that comes through and thus take over the entire Hive Mind... if that's even possible. Turns out Time Magic and Insanity of one entire Hive Mind could be a pretty dangerous combo and could ultimately make an immediate win for an Old God prepared victory if it can go like that. Certainly Norzdormu couldn't hold out against an entire universe of Zerg - but for even just the first instance, that first Zerg, to try and use the Old Gods to break the Hive Mind, may be the only hope all of Warcraft would have against the Zerg. Unprepared, the Warcraft multiverse would probably be doomed.

So, yeah, I think this comes down to whether the Old Gods get foresight to the Zerg invasion or if it's just a "sudden fight". I don't think the Prime Evils really stand comparable... unless just the raw evil of the Prime Evils is just so pure and so innately evil that even infesting them results in say, a Hive Mind falling to them immediately. An evil so pure is the base concept of those kinds of forces, and I think part of the Zerg theme is that they dissimilate the weakness of these kinds of traits... so would the Hive Mind even be vulnerable to the notion of Evil at all? And the same needs to be wondered about the Old Gods - does trying to understand Prime Evil just make them susceptible to that in mere concept? Is the insanity of the Old Gods enough to drown out Pure Absolute Evil?
    Last edited by Razion; 2021-01-06 at 09:59 AM.

because they are stupidly strong and are the only ones who have been able to defeat Diablo.
    apparently being part angel and part demon makes them stupid strong with no draw backs.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Depends on their power level and how much training they had before the fight. Also could be circumstantial, like if one side's friends were endangered.

Depends on which iteration of each lore you are talking about.

Warcraft up until WotLK wasn't super strong. You had a handful of really powerful beings around, like Medivh and Archimonde, and that was it. But then you hit WotLK and there is ludicrous power creep with every expansion, to the point Titans and Old Gods are a joke.

Likewise, the characters in Diablo were relatively low tier until D3 happened, which broke the power scaling roof. Honestly I'm not sure who is more stupidly powerful: the WoW protagonist, or the Nephalim. But WoW is schizophrenic about whether or not the WoW adventurer exists in lore. They exist in the game but are never mentioned in the books or comics.

Starcraft should be able to defeat everyone else by blowing up their planets with nukes and dropping asteroids and biological weapons. Power scaling wise, Kerrigan is a rare pre-WotLK warcraft character in power level. There is little powercreep in Starcraft... at least until you get to stupid angel Kerrigan and the worm Xel'Naga.

Starcraft could vape Azeroth from orbit, no?

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As an example. Mephisto's son right before he was willed to cease existing by Uldyssian was trying to convince him to kill him instead.

And that guy did NOT entertain the notion of becoming a god when his power was growing out of control. A rarity yes, but as Zoltun said all men can be Nephalem. Every denizen of Sanctuary has that potential and I cant think of everyone in Azeroth having that same spark.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Depends on which iteration of each lore you are talking about.

Warcraft up until WotLK wasn't super strong. You had a handful of really powerful beings around, like Medivh and Archimonde, and that was it. But then you hit WotLK and there is ludicrous power creep with every expansion, to the point Titans and Old Gods are a joke.

Likewise, the characters in Diablo were relatively low tier until D3 happened, which broke the power scaling roof. Honestly I'm not sure who is more stupidly powerful: the WoW protagonist, or the Nephalim. But WoW is schizophrenic about whether or not the WoW adventurer exists in lore. They exist in the game but are never mentioned in the books or comics.

Starcraft should be able to defeat everyone else by blowing up their planets with nukes and dropping asteroids and biological weapons. Power scaling wise, Kerrigan is a rare pre-WotLK warcraft character in power level. There is little powercreep in Starcraft... at least until you get to stupid angel Kerrigan and the worm Xel'Naga.
    All Nephalems instead participated in Diablo's defeat in D3. Also, the hero in Vov is not one specific hero (although starting with the Legion it all becomes blurry and there is one High Lord or one Voice of the Horde), there are many heroes who participate in the raid.

Lol, heroes are constantly mentioned in books and they even have a separate chapter in the Chronicles. Maybe you did not read it carefully?

How will Starcraft defeat someone like the Titans, Void Lords, or Elune?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeshellking View Post
    As an example. Mephisto's son right before he was willed to cease existing by Uldyssian was trying to convince him to kill him instead.

And that guy did NOT entertain the notion of becoming a god when his power was growing out of control. A rarity yes, but as Zoltun said all men can be Nephalem. Every denizen of Sanctuary has that potential and I cant think of everyone in Azeroth having that same spark.
    He tried to convince him that he would become a useful servant and not kill him. And Uldyssian is the most powerful nephalem ever, far more powerful than any other (and it was written by Knaak ...)

5+ Year Old Account
    Only two army’s of Azeroth stand a chance against the other two universes.

The burning legion at its prime and the Jailers army working together against the other universes.

If you toss in the Titans and olds god army’s well shit the Diablo and Starcraft characters don’t stand a chance.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkoms View Post
    All Nephalems instead participated in Diablo's defeat in D3. Also, the hero in Vov is not one specific hero (although starting with the Legion it all becomes blurry and there is one High Lord or one Voice of the Horde), there are many heroes who participate in the raid.

Lol, heroes are constantly mentioned in books and they even have a separate chapter in the Chronicles. Maybe you did not read it carefully?

How will Starcraft defeat someone like the Titans, Void Lords, or Elune?

- - - Updated - - -

He tried to convince him that he would become a useful servant and not kill him. And Uldyssian is the most powerful nephalem ever, far more powerful than any other (and it was written by Knaak ...)
    Still All have that potential. He just happened to be of noble spirit.

Like I wanna say if the Three did enter into the fray it could get ugly VERY fast. (Mephisto corruption) Garrosh if he was alive and not dead would have been so easy to corrupt. Jaina would be vulnerable as well. Or anyone that had strong feelings of dislike or disdain, that could turn to hatred easy.

This would actually be quite fun to watch.
    Last edited by Chromeshellking; 2021-01-28 at 04:18 PM.
    Fate is one you forge with your own two hands.