Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Can anyone actually give me an example how that raid could go? I mean, I cannot even imagine why raiding with high people would be bad(didn't have ocassion to see it myself).

Hasn't happened to me but I would have left if it did, yes.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Can anyone actually give me an example how that raid could go? I mean, I cannot even imagine why raiding with high people would be bad(didn't have ocassion to see it myself).
    Bad taint swap. Ignoring mechanic while doing bad dps, Healer a ton of overhealing, going on smoke break after every pull, failling wipe mechanic, lost in the castle after 1 month of raiding in it, failling the dance on Council, putting blood near the pillar, etc

seen a couple people get gkicked because they were high/drunk/etc too often. never seen or heard of a guild where there are multiple of those regularly.

i'd say quit, but i'd also say in any guild that hasn't killed slugefist heroic by now you are going to have major issues of some sort or another.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Best to avoid addicts of any kind.
    , said loras on a WoW forum.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Ledch View Post
    Bad taint swap. Ignoring mechanic while doing bad dps, Healer a ton of overhealing, going on smoke break after every pull, failling wipe mechanic, lost in the castle after 1 month of raiding in it, failling the dance on Council, putting blood near the pillar, etc
    that doesn't sound like high people, that sounds like a dime in a dozen normal/heroic only guild.

i stayed in my first guild for many years out of a sense of loyalty, was hard decision to quit. then i swapped guild like 3-4 times the next expansion until i found one that's got it's stuff sorted out and i'm happier for it.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2021-01-05 at 04:30 PM.

I can't believe they have even advanced as far as they have. If they're so high they can't finish their sentences, how do they focus on any mechanic long enough to finish a fight? I'm a little impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ledch View Post
    I pretty sure they will. I am their best healer. There's a big difference between me and the others.
    oh well what are they going to do ...slowly type you to death?

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    I once quit a guild because their Discord server had a separate channel where they would promote furry art. And like 60% (mainly officers and GM herself) of the raid members had furries icon set for their profiles. Couldn't even stomach to raid with them, I left the guild as soon as I joined that channel to read about the guild rules.

On topic: Yes, it's valid. You don't need a "good" reason to quit a guild. If you don't feel comfortable - leave.
    I mean you don't need to justify leaving a guild. But if they're good players who liked furry art and you otherwise get along with them you may just be a judgemental dick tbh. Ie like yea I don't like everything my IRL friends do, but I enjoy the things we do together. What they do when i'm not there is their business.

Like my guild is CE / cutting edge there's a(n) NSFW channel where literally anything goes. A lot of people don't view it and raid just fine
    Last edited by prwraith; 2021-01-05 at 05:03 PM.

How do you know there were any addicts involved?

Potheads are the worst. You talk to a heroin addict or a crackhead and they at least know what they are. Talk to a pothead and its all "nawww man its good for you. It helps me." Then some mumbling about cancer and to just relax, as they stand in mechanics.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaibhan View Post
    If you're not comfortable for any reason leave. It doesn't have to be a "good" reason. There are other guilds out there.
    This. It's a game and you're paying your sub OP. If you're not enjoying your time with that guild, leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Potheads are the worst. You talk to a heroin addict or a crackhead and they at least know what they are. Talk to a pothead and its all "nawww man its good for you. It helps me." Then some mumbling about cancer and to just relax, as they stand in mechanics.
    I have a sneaking suspicion you haven't really talked to someone nodding out on herion or speeding on crack. Potheads are fairly harmless, the hard drug addicts will rob you blind. Yes they can get annoying, but you're talking about two (or 3) way different types.

Quote Originally Posted by Dssozzle View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion you haven't really talked to someone nodding out on herion or speeding on crack. Potheads are fairly harmless, the hard drug addicts will rob you blind. Yes they can get annoying, but you're talking about two (or 3) way different types.
    I definitely have lol. And I'm talking only as it relates to playing wow with them. With "hard drug addicts" as you put it, they aren't trying to do the same content as me while high. Youll definitely encounter a few potheads that ruin the group tho.

Quote Originally Posted by kodemonkee View Post
    What? I don't get this, are you high maybe?
    I mean its pretty clear, he is saying they are so stoned out of their gourd that they can't even finish their sentences, so he speaks better english than them, even with his heavy french accent.

As to the topic, just leave, you have every right to leave a guild for whatever reason you want.

I definitely have lol. And I'm talking only as it relates to playing wow with them. With "hard drug addicts" as you put it, they aren't trying to do the same content as me while high. Youll definitely encounter a few potheads that ruin the group tho.
    fair enough.

and "as I put it"? Do you not consider herion/crack hard drugs (as oppsed to weed)?

fair enough.

and "as I put it"? Do you not consider herion/crack hard drugs (as oppsed to weed)?
    Just letting you know we were referring to the same thing : )

But on a side note, with some of the dab rigs and other set ups I've seen, some potheads are borderline "hard" drug addicts lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    , said loras on a WoW forum.
    If games were genuinely addictive they'd be controlled like the rest, it's why some companies face the crack of the whip over their overinvolvement of RNG chance.

How do you know there were any addicts involved?
    Small part assumption, large part experience. Here in the Netherlands i've seen enough examples of "Oh i could quit at any time!" go on and on and on... the lucky ones go to rehab and wake up from the self-inflicted stupidity and damage to the lungs.

People tend to overuse and underestimate it just because it's better than hard drugs or alcohol, but that's really not a high bar to pass.

Pretty much, wouldn't call them "worst" though seeing how bad alcoholics (and the few harddrug abusers i've had the pleasure of knowing) are.

Honestly i don't mind escapism, but stuff that affects your mind on such a basic level is just gonna leave an unsurprising mark.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Being high makes you awful at the game. I suffered through a high arena partner once, never again lol.

Just book it outta there.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a guild that i'd love to spend time in chat.

each to their own tho. if you want to quit, you don't need a good reason to quit. you just type /gquit.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.