Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Muxtar View Post
    More feminisim please, as if we don't have it more than enough in real world.
    FYI, 'guy' doesn't necessary mean male person, as 'man' doesn't always mean 'male human'.
    But f*ck logic, feminism can't wait!
    That's kinda the problem with man and guy though - they're gendered used for genderless and that's kinda wrong in the feminist world. Especially considering technically women are the "default" -- XX vs XY lol

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    "Spell Breakers are elven warriors who are trained to disrupt and contort magical energies. These Blood Elven warriors, fresh from the destruction of their homeland, have turned a new eye towards the dying land of Lordaeron. Can it possibly remain their home? Has Spell Immunity. Attacks land units."
    I was thinking Spell Breakers would be Paladins or like the former High Elf Silver Hand who became so because Spell Immunity
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    It doesn't make sense thematically.
    You going to tell us why or what? You gave zero reasons for this opinion and we're meant to go off of that?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    A warrior is, litterally, just a strong angry guy with a sword. E V E R Y O N E can be that, even gnomes....
    that's the point, blood elves are supposed to control their emotions to not succumb to mana hunger
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Every race should be able to be a hunter and a warrior. Tho gnome warriors should do 50% damage only
    Gnome or Orc rogues make way less sense than Belf warriors. How could they compare to elfs/humans in agility?

Physical specs like that should not be race locket at all, only magic connections should matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerilis View Post
    But, uh, when is 'man' not a 'male human'? ^^"
    When someone refers to group of unidentified people, e.g. "these men". Or when someone tells about humanity as a whole, e.g. Armstrong's words about "whole MANkind" (not WOMANkind). He surely didn't mean only male half of humanity when he said that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kiramon View Post
    That's kinda the problem with man and guy though - they're gendered used for genderless and that's kinda wrong in the feminist world. Especially considering technically women are the "default" -- XX vs XY lol
    Yep, it is so. But to rage every time when someone uses 'man' or 'guy' word as genderless, is just plain wrong. Although I am not amazed of anything in this 21st century of 'equal rights'.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    that's the point, blood elves are supposed to control their emotions to not succumb to mana hunger
    What does that have to do with anything warrior-related? The elves had warriors prior to WoW, so why on earth should they not have them in WoW? Never made any sense, especially when they had paladins who are warrior-priests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Every race should be able to be a hunter and a warrior. Tho gnome warriors should do 50% damage only
    Gnome or Orc rogues make way less sense than Belf warriors. How could they compare to elfs/humans in agility?

Physical specs like that should not be race locket at all, only magic connections should matter.
    That said, the very first ever mentioned rogue/assassin in Warcraft was a half-orc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What does that have to do with anything warrior-related? The elves had warriors prior to WoW, so why on earth should they not have them in WoW? Never made any sense, especially when they had paladins who are warrior-priests.

- - - Updated - - -

That said, the very first ever mentioned rogue/assassin in Warcraft was a half-orc.
    Gorona? I guess females are more agile, but males are way too bulky to be stealthy.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to be anything special to be a warrior. But I also get that most Blood Elves wouldn't want to be one, culture-wise.

Same goes for gnomes, nightborne and arguably vulpera and mechagnomes.
    Also goblins and forsaken t.b.h., midget-sized or rotted creatures don't exactly convince in terms of strength.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Bold statement with no substance behind it.

If you're going to create a thread, you should really provide reasoning behind your claim.

I counter with: Blood elves should be warriors. It makes sense thematically.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Gorona? I guess females are more agile, but males are way too bulky to be stealthy.
    Yes Garona. And sure, the male orcs are huge and bulky, but yet the Shattered Hand Clan was, basically, an entire clan of assassins and murderers.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Maleific View Post
    V-Vulpera?
    Blood Elves are worst. Nothing blizzard can do will ever be worst than introducing them. Nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Same goes for gnomes, nightborne and arguably vulpera and mechagnomes.
    Also goblins and forsaken t.b.h., midget-sized or rotted creatures don't exactly convince in terms of strength.
    I agree with everything cept the undead. They are supposee to be former humans (warriors) and the plague is magical and supposed to allow them to keep their strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Blood Elves are worst. Nothing blizzard can do will ever be worst than introducing them. Nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree with everything cept the undead. They are supposee to be former humans (warriors) and the plague is magical and supposed to allow them to keep their strength.
    Fair enough, magic rotted corpses in warcraft tend to be quite strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    I was thinking Spell Breakers would be Paladins or like the former High Elf Silver Hand who became so because Spell Immunity
    Actually, they are commonly used as guards.
    They, also, do not draw upon the light. Blood Knights do.

Also this is untrue, at well over 2 meters tall and 120 kgs in weight (not fat) one of my most entertaining things to do was to move soundlessly and startle people by just "appearing" behind them.
    Stealth is much more about sound, avoiding gazes and natural movement than it is about bulk and size, real stealth that is.

Honestly i think the bulky=unstealthy meme comes from skillless bodybuilders who only care for looks.
    Last edited by loras; 2021-01-05 at 07:41 PM.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How does it not make sense? Anyone can pick up a weapon and swing it, same with bows/guns so every race should be able to be hunters.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Blood Elves could always be Paladins and Death Knights, why would Warrior be off the table from a lore sense?
    They originally couldnt be warriors because the Sunwell was destroyed. Addicted to magic, they had to use mana.

- - - Updated - - -

It didnt make sense, and they couldnt be warriors, before the Sunwell was restored. Now theyre fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    They originally couldnt be warriors because the Sunwell was destroyed. Addicted to magic, they had to use mana.
    They can be Rogues, however, who use energy as a resource and not mana.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Blood Elves and Void Elves, by extension, make perfect warriors.
    Varodoc's second account it would seem.

OT: Everyone has said what needs to be said. I'll only remark that Thalassian warriors have historically been Rangers within the canon, which are viewed as mostly archers. However, several Blood Elf ranger NPC's in game are seen wielding a sword as their primary weapon, such as Lor'themar himself who was lieutenant to Sylvanas. Add in the widespread use of the Arcane and we see the true nature of the average Blood Elf warrior: They employ a diverse toolkit in combat, making them unique from the barbarian-esque warriors we see in game. Blood Elves aren't exactly known for "enraging" in combat, being the strategically minded combatants they are. Nonetheless not having warriors as a class option was dumb and the Arms warrior fulfills the fantasy of a tactical soldier.