Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    The strategy was to make Jimmy Dore more money and seeing how he is making the national press, he succeeded... how else is a failed comedian supposed to pay off the 2 million dollar mansion he bought in 2019?

Was step two, passing it and then having McConnel attach revoking 230 and starting an election investigation? To force even the democrats who support M4A, to vote against it in the senate? It’s not like something like this happened just last week...

Edit: Since you think this is step one... Can you tell me what’s in the M4A bill that Jimmy is pushing? What’s the coverage and/or cost and/or how the cost would be covered? If step one is voting on M4A, what step is defining what M4A is? Step 17? It passes and then we figure out what we passed? We vote on slogans, instead of policy now? Oh Jimmy...

- - - Updated - - -

Just a reminder... It took so long to pass ACA, that a congressman died during the process and his replacement forced changes to policy, so it can pass the new congress. It wasn’t just a vote on an empty piece of paper, with the letters A C A... on it...
    Oh oh oh I know what is in the M4A bill jimmy pushed. I read the whole bill word for word. But here's the thing, either Dore doesn't know what's in it because it's NOT Bernie's bill which is the only one he has ever said is a good bill, OR he's grifting and while some people who have good intention might have fell for it, as is the case in many con's, several on this forum who don't have good intentions, like the guy you're currently talking to, are grifting on his behalf, because, gotta jam as many in the clown car as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Fail to see how them not acting means you’re compulsively unable to stop posting, but okay.
    Simple, because:

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    I would just make a new profile seeing how you all want me gone so bad.
    You already submitted a ticket... no one wants you gone... YOU SUBMITTED a ticket...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

What? You submitted a ticket to be removed... How am I running to mods to get you removed, when you submitted a ticket? What the hell are you talking about? This is what people helping looks like...
    I guess helping people in need is bad, which is why these people don't actually want universal healthcare.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think it's your job to bring it up to the mods? That you are doing me some kind of favor?

DO me a favor and never do me a favor ever again.
    No, it’s not my job. It’s me being helpful, instead of ranting insults at mods for doing it. WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

The idea that either of you are trying to help is so disingenuous it's should be criminal.
    After you flaming mods for not doing it? What?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

5+ Year Old Account
    This has derailed enough. Do not badger users about their account status; additionally, that's within the realm of admins. You'll have to use the contact us tool for information about that.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Oh oh oh I know what is in the M4A bill jimmy pushed. I read the whole bill word for word. But here's the thing, either Dore doesn't know what's in it because it's NOT Bernie's bill which is the only one he has ever said is a good bill, OR he's grifting and while some people who have good intention might have fell for it, as is the case in many con's, several on this forum who don't have good intentions, like the guy you're currently talking to, are grifting on his behalf, because, gotta jam as many in the clown car as possible.
    No, it’s not Bernie’s plan... that’s part of the scam... I’ve posted Jimmy gushing over Tulsi’s Medicare Plus as better than Bernie’s, because it doesn’t get rid of private insurance and doesn’t scare the right, which is Biden’s single payer. His version of M4A is already what Biden is pushing...

We're witnessing the fall of a great nation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    We're witnessing the fall of a great nation.
    Just one fat orange man...

10+ Year Old Account
    America isn't ready to forgive Student Debt, but you all seem to want support that? It's supported by 90% of Democratic voters and 50% of GOP voters but we can't even get a vote on it. Because why again?
    Because as has been repeatedly pointed out and you repeatedly ignore in favor of calling people neoliberals, M4A support pretty much evaporates once you move past the slogan and into the details.

So it's ironic that you bring up Student Debt as if it's some sort of gotcha, as all it shows is how unserious the "M4A now!" position really is. Student Debt as held by the federal government is, at the end of the day, a known quantity that can be reduced pretty much by executive fiat - hence why it's actually being floated as a feasible part of Biden's opening executive orders.

The same is not true of Medicare for All which is a) primarily a legislative matter, and b) a massively complicated situation involving 50+ subdivisions each with their own healthcare systems and levels of participation in the federal program, to say nothing of completely altering the face of an entire and very large sector of the American economy in ways that, however beneficial over the long term, will definitely have short term impacts that need to be considered. It's not even a valid comparison on the face of it because the real analogue would be free college tuition, not forgiving student debt. Rofl.

That aside, universal healthcare keeps failing in this country because the country is inherently set up in such a way as to deny a large portion of its inhabitants universal protection. It's like asking why healthcare in South Africa was shitty and then refusing to acknowledge apartheid being a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden plan leaves Millions Uninsured. Thus not Medicare4All
    No, it doesn’t... Also, you mean Tulsi’s and Jimmy’s?

No, it’s not Bernie’s plan... that’s part of the scam... I’ve posted Jimmy gushing over Tulsi’s Medicare Plus as better than Bernie’s, because it doesn’t get rid of private insurance and doesn’t scare the right, which is Biden’s single payer. His version of M4A is already what Biden is pushing...
    there are only 2 plans that should ever be brought to the table. 2. Tulsi's nope. Warrens nope. You bring Bernies Utopia bill, but do so not being stupid, realize you have to compromise, and hopefully you'll compromise and get the bill people wanted to forcethevote on. You NEVER start with Jayapal because you have to compromise and it'll be worse. The other option is Biden's, because it's the easiest to pass without the need of any compromise, is more popular right now then Bernie's M4A and it paves the way to something like Jayapal's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes it does..

https://www.salon.com/2019/07/16/is-...ons-uninsured/

Now what is 3% of 330 million?
    Who are the 3% it doesn’t cover?

Edit: I don’t understand the aversion to admitting Biden’s plan is the same as what Tulsi and Jimmy Dore called M4A...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-05 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones that don't fall withing the 97% of 100%. Or did you want me to list them all by name?
    No, list their demographic and why they are not covered. Let’s see the demographic that you need to be covered, holding up the remaining 97%.

10+ Year Old Account
    My position on M4A is the same as it is on Student Debt. I push for policies that are on the left, and I don't make excuses as "why is now is not the time". It will never be a "good time".
    Not as long as y'all continue to pretend that "identity politics" are a made up issue and not a symptom of a foundational problem in postcolonial countries. Zzz.

What you're making is excuses as to why you never have to address any of the questions about implementation of M4A.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

post deleted, let's see if big red shoes can answer @Felya's obvious question.

10+ Year Old Account
    my guess the 3% are the same 3% m4a wouldn't cover, the people living in certain states where *forbidden topics* but you won't get that one to realize that.
    It’s also 2% off from the 99% protests... Imagine crying about the 3 million that make up the 1%...

- - - Updated - - -

I am citing Biden's own campaign. If you want to know whom it doesn't cover I would suggest contacting them.
    What if I said it was the top 3%?

FYI, it helps to know what you are raging about...

10+ Year Old Account
    post deleted, let's see if big red shoes can answer @Felya's obvious question.
    It’s blatantly obvious what the 3% are... I love this:

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think it's a made up issue, but we should be able to fight for equal rights at the same time we fight for a more economic equality. You want to help minorites? Get them all medical coverage. It would do a lot more good then token reforms that don't actually affect most people's daily lives.
    We'd love to.

The problem is that every time we try to deal with the main roadblock to getting them medical coverage, folks like you start complaining that we haven't been listening to the roadblock's concerns about economic anxiety and the pace of change.

It’s also 2% off from the 99% protests... Imagine crying about the 3 million that make up the 1%...

- - - Updated - - -

What if I said it was the top 3%?

FYI, it helps to know what you are raging about...
    oh what will kelly loeffler ever do? We need to fight for kelly leoffler that guy has the right of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say you need to back up that claim?
    What did you tell me a second ago? How about you go find what the 3% you are complaining about represent...Who are you fighting for in these 3%?

- - - Updated - - -

You have proof it's the top 3%?
    No, I am stating the obvious and you have nothing saying otherwise.