Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    4/5 items in the vault every week on my main and I have gotten 1 upgrade. ITs even worse for my Alt who has 13 slots to upgrade and the 3 items in the vault was for the 2 spots it didnt need gear..

10+ Year Old Account
    The Great Vault isn't rubbish. The unending stream of what amounts to side-grade main stat/stamina/secondary one/secondary two loot is rubbish. Higher ilvl? Just equip it and don't think about 99/100 times. This is the reality of bleating for knife-edged balance that streamers and "top" WoW players have infected the general population with: Homogenized classes and the most boring loot system I've seen in a game. RISE UP!

ITT: people who still don't understand RNG and sample sizes.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Of all the things to complain about I really don't get this one. The vault is an amazing addition.
    You could still just do your 1 m+ and it's essentially the same as the old chest.
    This however gives you the option IF you want to do some additional work for it.
    And even though I have been somewhat lucky with my vaults, you cant/shouldn't expect to get upgrades every week. Just think back to bfa chest - you could go weeks if not months before hitting a slot where it was an upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Opened all three raid ones this week one mythic, two heroic. All three were the same necklace I got last week from the vault. The mythic at least had some avoidance and some better stats.
    Yeah I think the vault pieces should always be different gear slots from each other. Seeing 2+ versions of the same piece in the vault makes me not want to grind out extra slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I think you're going to be hard pressed to convince most people that choosing from up to nine pieces of random higher ilvl gear is bad when we just came from an expansion where we were given one piece of random gear with zero choice or control, and that they have a variety of content they can choose from to get it, instead of just one.
    who are you kidding? the gearing system in bfa was vastly superior.

sure you have 9 chances at 1 piece of better loot rather than 1 from the weekly chest. but m+ also rewarded much better loot in bfa that more than offset this. id much rather have the bfa system. its not close.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    ITT: people who still don't understand RNG and sample sizes.
    Most people have an understanding of RNG, but RNG has its flaws, and we would like to discuss bad luck protection. When the great vault was meant to compensate for reduced loot drops, it's fair to expect something good from it every week.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Most people have an understanding of RNG, but RNG has its flaws, and we would like to discuss bad luck protection. When the great vault was meant to compensate for reduced loot drops, it's fair to expect something good from it every week.
    Care to show us where Blizzard stated that The Vault's implicit purpose is to offset reduced gear drops? Its purpose has and always will be to provide more options for players who do more throughout the week. You taking that stated purpose and manipulating it to fit an argument for which it was never intended doesn't change anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Care to show us where Blizzard stated that The Vault's implicit purpose is to offset reduced gear drops? Its purpose has and always will be to provide more options for players who do more throughout the week. You taking that stated purpose and manipulating it to fit an argument for which it was never intended doesn't change anything.
    I'm pretty sure Ion did say that in an interview. Or at least implied it.

Either way, it makes sense. Less loot in M+ and raids, but better selection in weekly rewards. We just want the selection to be good. Pure RNG sucks, just look at Classic. There's bad luck protection in many of WoW's current systems, why not the vault as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurii View Post
    Of all the things to complain about I really don't get this one. The vault is an amazing addition.
    You could still just do your 1 m+ and it's essentially the same as the old chest.
    This however gives you the option IF you want to do some additional work for it.
    And even though I have been somewhat lucky with my vaults, you cant/shouldn't expect to get upgrades every week. Just think back to bfa chest - you could go weeks if not months before hitting a slot where it was an upgrade.
    I think the problem is that even though the system itself should be in the players favor often times it feel the complete opposite for some..

Take me for example, toon has 13/14 slots that could be an upgrade of any kind, 3 Vaults chances with a loot table of 30 and I get 2 belts and bracers. 2 items on my char that I don't need. Youd think with a wider gap of possible upgrades that it be easier to get a freee spot filled but it wasn't the case. But thats just my Alt and only 1 week with the vault, but still that should have far better odds then my main but its just as bad.

I think thats what a large % of the community forgets, its that even though their lucky with 3 upgrades theres that grp who see's nothing every week..

- - - Updated - - -

Either way, it makes sense. Less loot in M+ and raids, but better selection in weekly rewards. We just want the selection to be good. Pure RNG sucks, just look at Classic. There's bad luck protection in many of WoW's current systems, why not the vault as well?
    Id rather see the improved drop rates in the raids then the vault. Because at least that way my crap gear can help out the others and their crap gear can help me out. 1/15 on raids bosses every week then 0/4 on that weeks vault sucks..

Yes, it's the same RNG as in BfA. How was this not clear from the start? The difference here is that also won't get any rewards for doing the dungeon so even if some people got the idea that you would have more choice, you actually get way less.

As been stated before, rewards suck in Shadowlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    who are you kidding? the gearing system in bfa was vastly superior.

sure you have 9 chances at 1 piece of better loot rather than 1 from the weekly chest. but m+ also rewarded much better loot in bfa that more than offset this. id much rather have the bfa system. its not close.
    Literally nothing in my post was talking about drop rates from content. It was comparing weekly chests between the two. You're arguing against claims I wasn't making.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

So the problem is basically that OP thinks that any piece that is not bis with the right stats, are useless gear and trash.

I got it now.

because 6 data points from OP prove anything in regard to the vaults actual or implied function?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    I think the problem is that even though the system itself should be in the players favor often times it feel the complete opposite for some..

Take me for example, toon has 13/14 slots that could be an upgrade of any kind, 3 Vaults chances with a loot table of 30 and I get 2 belts and bracers. 2 items on my char that I don't need. Youd think with a wider gap of possible upgrades that it be easier to get a freee spot filled but it wasn't the case. But thats just my Alt and only 1 week with the vault, but still that should have far better odds then my main but its just as bad.

I think thats what a large % of the community forgets, its that even though their lucky with 3 upgrades theres that grp who see's nothing every week..

- - - Updated - - -

Id rather see the improved drop rates in the raids then the vault. Because at least that way my crap gear can help out the others and their crap gear can help me out. 1/15 on raids bosses every week then 0/4 on that weeks vault sucks..
    And that surely sucks like a lot. I can agree that maybe they should fix so if one of the choices rolls, in this case a belt, the others slots should roll something different. But then again 1 belt might be super good for you with the correct stats, and the other be bad.

But yeah RNG is RNG - and I'm sure that I will have weeks where I complain that my choices are shit, but I will also have weeks where I can at least pick an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Literally nothing in my post was talking about drop rates from content. It was comparing weekly chests between the two. You're arguing against claims I wasn't making.
    But there is no real world case for what you saying. There is no choice to ONLY accept changing from weekly chest to great vault. The ONLY real world scenario is where you get BOTH a change to a great vault AND vastly worse drops everywhere else. And don't think for a moment the change in both weren't tied together.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2021-01-05 at 11:04 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Come on guys we did this before. Ion will do an interview where he will get the question about how busted and RNG the Great Vault really is and he will say something like "improve bad luck protection" just like he said in BFA and nothing will change for the entire expansion.

Blizzard does not want you to get BIS gear in anyway that resembles predictable and to the Youtubers who said Great Vault fixed everything/majority wrong with BFA system they can just go right to hell for lying to their audience. I remember Preach berating his viewers for throwing out these exact scenarios and him telling people it was not happening or Talie banning people in his chat who dared question him on this system when asked if this would happen.

Shit, like the BFA Chest.
    Mastery? Mastery on every Item... all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurii View Post
    And that surely sucks like a lot. I can agree that maybe they should fix so if one of the choices rolls, in this case a belt, the others slots should roll something different. But then again 1 belt might be super good for you with the correct stats, and the other be bad.

But yeah RNG is RNG - and I'm sure that I will have weeks where I complain that my choices are shit, but I will also have weeks where I can at least pick an upgrade.
    One of the belts had avoidance so its probably why It popped twice but Im not sure how it was even possible. Does each vault re-run the roll or is the vault combine all 32 items and then pops out 1-2 or 3 random items ?

I have a stack of old business cards. I should throw 32 into a bucket and see how many times I can randomly draw Belt/bracer

I've had fairly good luck. First 2 weeks, different decent 220 rings.
    Next week, 223 boots competed for my leggo slot so I took the 213 trinket.
    This week? Replaced stubborn as hell 184 pants with 223s. No weapon yet tho

Overall I like the system, tho I'd prefer it you get 3 raid options for 9 bosses instead of all 10 but hey, I'll take it.