Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fatgunn View Post
    It only takes an hour maybe two. Not five.....

No, I'm talking about the Twisting Corridors, not the regular wings. The one with 18 floors each layer. I have yet to try them, so maybe the first layer or two might be just a couple of hours like the later layers on the other wings. But I can't imagine the Twisting Corridors floors/layers will be EASIER than the other wings. To explore every single square inch and kill absolutely every single mob on every floor, I can't see a scenario in which (right now) I will be able to clear all 18 floors on higher layers in fewer than 5 or 6 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by verganas View Post
    "Treasure-seekers should also note that these plunders are for you and you alone, rewards from Twisting Corridor achievements can only be earned once." -- This seems to mean that the achievement is not account-wide so if you want the mount for other characters you have to repeat it?
    That quote means the opposite for me. Once you earn the achievement once you don't need to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I just went and did all 17 floors with just me a brewmaster tank and an affliction lock. We had no issues until last boss on the 18th floor. He had 5.6 million health and hit for 89k per hit every couple seconds. So yea, bring a group if you don't want hours of wasted time
    I learned this after 3 hours as a solo guardian Druid with a near dream power set. This mode is allowed to tell you that you’re in over your head, but that moment shouldn’t come at the last fight. It also shouldn’t gate “did you canonically rescue Anduin?”
    Last edited by Omedon; 2021-01-05 at 10:13 PM.

I’ll wait for nerfs

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    No, I'm talking about the Twisting Corridors, not the regular wings. The one with 18 floors each layer. I have yet to try them, so maybe the first layer or two might be just a couple of hours like the later layers on the other wings. But I can't imagine the Twisting Corridors floors/layers will be EASIER than the other wings. To explore every single square inch and kill absolutely every single mob on every floor, I can't see a scenario in which (right now) I will be able to clear all 18 floors on higher layers in fewer than 5 or 6 hours.
    They are absolutely easier than the standard wings considering you finish floor 18 with 100+ powers.

Oh great! More mindless grind in that horribly boring place.
    How intresting!

It needs checkpoints.

Layer 1 took FOREVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    It needs checkpoints.

Layer 1 took FOREVER.
    Pretty sure when you're decked out in 9.1 raid gear in a couple months it'll be faster.

After what I’ve read, I’ve made up my mind that I’ll just wait for nerfs.

This desperatly needs a checkpoint system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch them make Torghast Seasons.

Timed Layer 8 runs and stuff. Solo and Group Leaderboards. Different rewards per season.

Watch them modify raider.io to account for Torghast times, layer completion, etc.

people are already reporting getting 20-30 "placeholder" powers in their runs

oh boy tomorrow forums gonna be hillarious to read

thx god there is nothing worth getting in there skip

Finished Layer 1, and it was an absolute joke on Warlock. Last boss didn't even last 30 seconds. Powers are completely out of control. I finished with over 10,000 unspent Phantasma, and that's buying every single thing on the brokers.

I'm not sure I want to do this 7 more times.

Quote Originally Posted by verganas View Post
    "Treasure-seekers should also note that these plunders are for you and you alone, rewards from Twisting Corridor achievements can only be earned once." -- This seems to mean that the achievement is not account-wide so if you want the mount for other characters you have to repeat it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Literally as I read the last sentence I heard my TV in the other room and someone said "The stupidest thing in the fucking world".

It means that the rewards are BoP, so you can't sell them. They're accountwide pets/mounts/titles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Can't wait to invest 3hrs just to fail on last boss, woho! Bring on the shitty gamedesign!

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It means that the rewards are BoP, so you can't sell them. They're accountwide pets/mounts/titles.
    You carry someone through it though given the time involved it will likely be as prohibitive expanevise as the ah mount.

Cleared three layers so far. After the second get torments added to it. % to mob hp and dmg sucks though it's not as bad as the constant dmg debuff for my class.

Too few rewards for too much time investment.

Imbalanced. I had no issues with layer 1 as aff lock, but friends had issues as Hunter and Rogue and Warrior.

Success dependent on getting the right anima powers early on.

Literally no reason to do it more than once per layer. Not much of an effort on their part for a bit of content that was supposed to keep us entertained for a couple of years. I imagine it'll take me 2-3 weeks to clear through layer 8 and then I guess I'm done with it?

Feeling a lot like Islands 2.0
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

I might be mistaken, but isn't the mount from layer 8 something you can actually use in the maw? That alone is worth the time since its account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by jazen View Post
    8 x 18 is an unimaginable number of floors.
    Not really, its 144 floors.
    And if its anything like torghast where you have 2 floors literally being nothing but a vendor, i can't see it being all that bad...
    Not like you have todo it all the same day or even week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Why?
    Now people who do t care about cosmetics can ignore it completely.
    There are definite cases where you do not need to mix the player improvement crowd with the cosmetics crowd. In this case neither would want the other interfering with their preferred vision of Torghast.
    Not supposed to give more soul ash, just let me get my weekly cap from twisting corridors instead of the usual 2 random wings.