Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    She's holding it at an angle in that picture. .
    You can see the frame before this that she is holding it exactly the same as she was. Go to 2:10. She holds it the same way the whole time shes holding it up. Go to 1:57 and it does not looked fused.

The more I look at it it doesn't make any sense. Even at an angle like you said, it wouldn't look like that.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2021-01-05 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    You can see the frame before this that she is holding it exactly the same as she was. Go to 2:10. She holds it the same way the whole time shes holding it up. Go to 1:57 and it does not looked fused.

The more I look at it it doesn't make any sense. Even at an angle like you said, it wouldn't look like that.
    No, you're expecting to see something that shouldn't be visible from this angle. Specificially because she's holding it at the same angle. The split is still there, it's just behind the left blade from this angle.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, you're expecting to see something that shouldn't be visible from this angle. Specificially because she's holding it at the same angle. The split is still there, it's just behind the left blade from this angle.
    From this angle the blade should be flat and the short sword should be on the left hand side lol.

From this angle the blade should be flat and the short sword should be on the left hand side lol.
    It is. Look again. The dark patches are those on the smaller blade.

Also, if you pay attention to when it is shown from Anduin's view, the larger blade is thicker.
    Last edited by huth; 2021-01-05 at 09:30 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude.. what ever its not fused. You want to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I definitely miss simpler times when there was a threat, we defeated it, then something else happened. I feel like we're in the current situation since forever, as the current events are coming from something that happened in ... MoP ? Garrosh who went crazy, then back in time, freed Gul'dan, made the Legion come to Azeroth, leading the Sarg' stabbing the planet, bla, bla, bla and now the Jailer is behind most of this shit since the beginning, even further (with LK) ?
    The game needs lore in order to survive, lore needs to evolve overtime to make a story otherwise we'll just be playing a game for absolutely nothing.

Theoretically from your logic, the game ended when we killed Arthas because not even 1 level later we were climbing up trees to save Bears and collecting grapes from bushes in Hyjal so make sense of that.
    Last edited by OCoyne; 2021-01-05 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I literally said it didn't make sense to look fused after my initial statement. I was saying the angle of the sword makes it look odd. Dude.

- - - Updated - - -

It is. Look again. The dark patches are those on the smaller blade.

Also, if you pay attention to when it is shown from Anduin's view, the larger blade is thicker.
    This also makes no sense.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2021-01-05 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I think you are getting trolled lol

- - - Updated - - -

What do you suppose this is? It's clearly special enough to be the evil core of Shalamourne. My theory is that it's the soul of Arthas, in the Jailer's possession thanks to Uther.
    Last edited by shoc; 2021-01-06 at 12:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I think you are getting trolled lol

- - - Updated - - -

What do you suppose this is? It's clearly special enough to be the evil core of Shalamourne. My theory is that it's the soul of Arthas, in the Jailer's possession thanks to Uther.
    Yeah that's 1:57, where I clearly say after the fact that it does not look fused. Can you guys read past the first sentence?

The more I look at it it doesn't make any sense.
    Even at an angle like you said, it wouldn't look like that.
    I think the camera may flip to the other side and only the long part of the blade is being shown. Unfortunately Anduin is symmetrical so it's hard to tell off the bat.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2021-01-06 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Some sort of crystalised soul power i'd say. Possibly crystalised stygia, like we're collecting for Ve'nari.

If you look at the soulforges in Zovaal's Cauldron, you'll notice they also have the fiery blue runes on them that Frostmourne and Shalamourne feature.

I think the camera may flip to the other side and only the long part of the blade is being shown. Unfortunately Anduin is symmetrical so it's hard to tell off the bat.
    No, you're looking straight at the small blade. It's not like the sword designs in WoW make much sense to begin with, anyway; all of them would be terribly balanced and ludicrously heavy to the point of being unusable.

Some sort of crystalised soul power i'd say. Possibly crystalised stygia, like we're collecting for Ve'nari.

If you look at the soulforges in Zovaal's Cauldron, you'll notice they also have the fiery blue runes on them that Frostmourne and Shalamourne feature.

No, you're looking straight at the small blade. It's not like the sword designs in WoW make much sense to begin with, anyway; all of them would be terribly balanced and ludicrously heavy to the point of being unusable.
    I just can't wrap my head around how if I'm looking at the short blade that I can't see the long blade as well. The long blade would clearly be closer to Anduins face, no?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Unpopular opinion here. But, I love where the story is going. Im also not sad about the tree. The night elves have some skeletons of their own, they aren't saints. They had it coming.. hell, even Elune didn't step in. The tree actually looks awesome now. Cast an awesome shadow from the light emitted from the Elune eclipse.

If she is redeemed, im gonna laugh so hard at the plebs hating her that ill prob spit milk out my nose. Imagine if she returns as the Warchief again and after we kill the corrupted Anduin she raises him as an undead and as her new servant/lover replacement after losing Nathanos.

For the Dark Lady!
    Sylvanasboys realy strange

Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post
    The game needs lore in order to survive, lore needs to evolve overtime to make a story otherwise we'll just be playing a game for absolutely nothing.

Theoretically from your logic, the game ended when we killed Arthas because not even 1 level later we were climbing up trees to save Bears and collecting grapes from bushes in Hyjal so make sense of that.
    That's not what I said. I just said that we're stuck in a continuity of events, with a succession of "But wait ! There's more", and no ending feels ever satisfying. Like, you don't defeat the main threat and are happy even for a few days before something else, unrelated, happens. We defeated Garrosh BUT he escaped, throwing the mess with timelines and freeing Gul'dan. Hence we defeated Archimonde BUT Gul'dan fled and made the Legion invade Azeroth. We then defeated the Legion BUT Sargeras stabbed Azeroth. And so on and so on. I feel like the story cannot feel satisfying because there is always "something more" to the story we just thought we finished. We're going from cliffhangers to cliffhangers without closing any chapter. And that's becoming even worse now that Jailer's actions are in fact happening since WotLK and probably even before.

What I meant is that the story felt a lot more compelling when you had the possibility to actually close chapters. Now I can very well see "us" defeating Jailer, and then CLIFFHANGER OMG, it was all [insert whatever]'s plan all along ! Instead of just yeah, get rid of him, finish his arc, and a few weeks/months later the Void attacks or whatever.
    Now you'll learn that Jailer's stepsister is in fact a Void Lord who was in fact talking to Alleria who was in fact influenced by Ner'zhul's spirit who was in fact Garrosh Hellscream all along. I mean, we don't need that, and it won't work without retconning half of WoW's lore once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    That's not what I said. I just said that we're stuck in a continuity of events, with a succession of "But wait ! There's more", and no ending feels ever satisfying. Like, you don't defeat the main threat and are happy even for a few days before something else, unrelated, happens. We defeated Garrosh BUT he escaped, throwing the mess with timelines and freeing Gul'dan. Hence we defeated Archimonde BUT Gul'dan fled and made the Legion invade Azeroth. We then defeated the Legion BUT Sargeras stabbed Azeroth. And so on and so on. I feel like the story cannot feel satisfying because there is always "something more" to the story we just thought we finished. We're going from cliffhangers to cliffhangers without closing any chapter. And that's becoming even worse now that Jailer's actions are in fact happening since WotLK and probably even before.

What I meant is that the story felt a lot more compelling when you had the possibility to actually close chapters. Now I can very well see "us" defeating Jailer, and then CLIFFHANGER OMG, it was all [insert whatever]'s plan all along ! Instead of just yeah, get rid of him, finish his arc, and a few weeks/months later the Void attacks or whatever.
    Now you'll learn that Jailer's stepsister is in fact a Void Lord who was in fact talking to Alleria who was in fact influenced by Ner'zhul's spirit who was in fact Garrosh Hellscream all along. I mean, we don't need that, and it won't work without retconning half of WoW's lore once again.
    While I can agree that the story was more one story after another instead of continuing stories it still had stuff lead into eachother.
    BC had loads of stuff that focused on the Lich King and Arthas, next expansion was Arthas.
    WotLK had stuff on dragons, next expansion was heavily Dragon focused.

The thing that has changed is mostly just that we now have a more direct line from one expansion to the next.
    Gul'dan is still alive after WoD, which leads us to Legion.
    Sylvanas is still alive after BfA, leading into Shadowlands.

Even with that though I still think the expansions have decisive endings, we just have a more vague break between the different expansions. When we defeated N'zoth it didnt immediately lead into Shadowlands with a Cliffhanger, instead a loose plot thread from BfA was what launched us into Shadowlands. Similarly with WoD and Legion. Really it was only Legion into BfA that had a decisive cliffhanger that needed to be adressed immediately.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

I just can't wrap my head around how if I'm looking at the short blade that I can't see the long blade as well. The long blade would clearly be closer to Anduins face, no?
    You can see it. They're just right next to each other and the same colour, so telling them apart is hard.

So Dredgers are suppose to be creatures of the Shadowlands right? Well I found Stonehuck the Sinstone Hurler and this is his description:
    Stonehuck really enjoys hurling his Sinstone. The smears of flesh and crackle of bone cause him to crackle with joy as his foes buckle under the weight of his prior crimes.
    Was he once a mortal?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So Dredgers are suppose to be creatures of the Shadowlands right? Well I found Stonehuck the Sinstone Hurler and this is his description:

Was he once a mortal?
    For the most part the souls can choose their forms like most do in Night Fae. Don’t see why it wouldn’t apply to other places.

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    For the most part the souls can choose their forms like most do in Night Fae. Don’t see why it wouldn’t apply to other places.
    Drudgers are made from mud and muck of Revendreth. They're described as being native to the Shadowlands. They're like the Stewards of Bastion or Fae of Ardenweald, all natives.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    I think the issue might be that the Dredgers don't originate from Souls but an alchemic process involving specific mud/muck pools in Revendreth meaning they are natural artificial creatures of the realm rather than souls that have arrived there and taken on that form. Kinda like mud golems I'm guessing.

As for why one is lugging around a Sinstone, maybe Revendreth considers Dredgers messing up in reconstructing and maintaining Revendreth as a crime and create them as appropriate but since they don't have souls they can't actually rehabilitate them?
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Random thought:

"Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below."

Could it be the Sunwell? Perhaps there are still some latent Void energies hidden beneath its surface, a left-over from the, huh, incident with Alleria.

If I were Theron, I would spend less time trying to have sex with a woman who could very well be my grandma, and would instead focus on monitoring the Sunwell. You never know what might be hiding in there... the Void is insidious, and very hard to cleanse entirely.