Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think the problem is having to slog thru all of the lower levels just to find out you can't beat the boss. It results in a shit feeling of having gained nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    torghast certainly has revealed the skill difference within the wow playerbase. some blast through the whole thing bored to death of how easy it is.. and then theres players like OP who claim it to be impossible.
    I've had no issues with doing layer 8 runs actually. I plow through them.

However Endless Torghast has enemies that can delete you in two hits unless you bulked up your HP or got a power combination that prevents them from hurting you at all.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Please provide literally any examples.
    I've yet to see a torghast boss (as bear, resto, or boomy) that has mechanics I don't have something in my toolkit to beat
    if i can fly through all the floors on the way to the boss and then the boss obliterates me then there is a clear design flaw there. i can easily solo anything on my paladin but when i try to solo shit on my priest and get spanked only by certain floor 6 bosses there is a definite problem. granted im not very experienced on my priest but the previous 5 floors were a relative breeze only to get to an unkillable boss

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    How on earth do I get to make the last boss 100x harder than the previous content ... am I suddenly a wow dev ?

Oh - and suddenly it becomes trivial again if I take a tank with me.

WoW ... amazing how much of a wow dev I am.

It is - objectively speaking, a tuning problem with the last bosses (or with the previous 5 floor) - that's just straight common sense.
    Not sure what all that non-sense means but it's sounding like you're not as good at your class than you thought for Torghast. You're over exaggerating the whole 100x harder thing. There are a good chunk of posts here that are the totally opposite of what you're crying about. It's doable with every class even if some have it easier than others (See Gaidax/exochaft's posts). You seem like your typical forum poster, QQ about something that is too hard for said individual.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

[QUOTE=TbouncerT;52924433]Not sure what all that .... means/QUOTE]

It means that you want to remain ignorant of the real actual issue, so there is no point trying to convince you of reality any further.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

[QUOTE=schwarzkopf;52924436]
    Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    Not sure what all that .... means/QUOTE]

It means that you want to remain ignorant of the real actual issue, so there is no point trying to convince you of reality any further.
    Seems like you're there as well then

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Not sure what all that non-sense means but it's sounding like you're not as good at your class than you thought for Torghast. You're over exaggerating the whole 100x harder thing. There are a good chunk of posts here that are the totally opposite of what you're crying about. It's doable with every class even if some have it easier than others (See Gaidax/exochaft's posts). You seem like your typical forum poster, QQ about something that is too hard for said individual.
    While he is exaggerating, it is true that you hit the point in Endless, even on layer 1, where elite enemies are killing you in one or two strikes. Getting around that isnt a skill problem, its a "praying you got the right anima" problem.

This includes pets and tank by the way, who also get obliterated in moments.

Endless Torghast as it stands isnt a place to test player skill. Its a place to test player luck.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

[QUOTE=schwarzkopf;52924436]
    Not sure what all that .... means/QUOTE]

I am really curious what class you're doing this with and what layer that is given you trouble? Is it all the bosses?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Not really - making it so the boss takes 3 hits to kill me instead of 2 changes little.

The best health pool I've had selecting ALL available health increases was 55k ...

- - - Updated - - -

LOL - it actually revealed the logic deficit in many forum posters more likely.
    Also have to he careful with just HP increase since some debuffs or abilities scale based in percent if your health. If you have more health it will be harder to heal that amount back if you get stuck in longer fights.

These threads remind me how good Hunter is and why I love playing it.
    I've never died to an end boss, only traps when I was being dumb on the Ember level.

Are anima powers really that bad for Rogue and Mage?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Also have to he careful with just HP increase since some debuffs or abilities scale based in percent if your health.
    Here is the thing - if I had the ability to choose WHAT EVER anima powers I wanted, rather than wasting 95% of them on absolute garbage - I too could do the final bosses. The mirror image combo, the runecloth combo are two I like.

I know 4 viable combos for my arcane mage ... however I've never got even 20% of any of those combos made available to me. When 95% of your choices are pointless for the last boss, the odds are stacked against you.

You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was hitting a wall with some.
    I reset and redid but this time (and since then) I've been aiming for
    1. Single target
    2. Mitigation or outright immunity
    3. Offhealing

In that order.
    Since then it's been a non issue.
    Put it this way. Last week I killed synod as a 183 ilevel DH on floor 8.

I got the eye beam immunity. The eye beam reset and the meta eye beam decrease. Then I blasted through that fer. Everytime hed do his big attack I'd just be immune.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Are anima powers really that bad for Rogue and Mage?
    Can't speak for Rogue, but for my arcane mage I get trash 95% of the time - that is not useful at all for final boss.

Exploding vases gives me a single buff, or run faster on walls, or exploding mawrats, or polymorph bomb, or shield on polymorph etc etc etc.

Every time I go through I pick single target options where possible, I focus on trying to build combos - but never get offered much useful stuff.

Like the last run - I managed to get 10 mirror images, but never got the one to make them stronger. Or I got the instant blink, but never got the blink makes a mirror image on the same run.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    While he is exaggerating, it is true that you hit the point in Endless, even on layer 1, where elite enemies are killing you in one or two strikes. Getting around that isnt a skill problem, its a "praying you got the right anima" problem.

Endless Torghast as it stands isnt a place to test player skill. Its a place to test player luck.
    I can believe player luck as a lot of wow is based on RNG. Took me 40 dungeon runs to get the memory i wanted and took my wife 2 runs (she got mine after run 6, since we're the same class). Seems like we're dealing with the growing pains of a new feature in WoW. It should (i hope) level out after 1-2 major patches. They need to add more anima powers that are not utility/movement based. Been seeing that once you get like 100+ powers it's all rat stuff so there seems to be a gate there in terms of scaling as you go deeper in. Which can be solved by what I said earlier (add more powers). Since it seems like the available powers with how deep you can get in to Torghast don't fit. I really hope they flesh this tower out more, the general concept of it is really cool and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    torghast certainly has revealed the skill difference within the wow playerbase. some blast through the whole thing bored to death of how easy it is.. and then theres players like OP who claim it to be impossible.
    Two other notable factors contributing to the disagreement chaos: Spec differences (which can be significant), and Ve'nari rep progress.

While runs still have a lot of RNG, with all of the Ve'nari unlocks it really doesn't feel that severe.

Early Torg balance patches reduced the # of appearances of various powers, too, which reduces the RNG further. E.g., if you take two stacks of the shaman 'reduced earth elem CD', it's not in the pool anymore, whereas it used to be... 4 or 5 possible stacks?

Some runs are a slog. Some specs have it worse than others. Some players are just worse than they think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

Endless is its own entity. It's the portion of Torghast that's supposed to last the entire expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Please provide literally any examples.
    I've yet to see a torghast boss (as bear, resto, or boomy) that has mechanics I don't have something in my toolkit to beat
    Anything you need to interrupt as a warlock. You simply need to eat it because you are balanced around the voidwalker when you solo it.

Good news everyone, the questline can be completed by just repeating the first 6 floors of layer 1 3 times (assuming you get a different boss each time).

Now that the mandatory content is unhitched from the impossible content - I can just leave the impossible content to the tanks that normally do it.

I thought this was all bullshit as my wartlock just streamrolls through torghast and blasts the last boss, then did a lower layer on my mage and it was a nightmare, first time i literally could not kill the last boss and it was a lower layer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    I thought this was all bullshit as my wartlock just streamrolls through torghast and blasts the last boss
    If you have a tank and self heals of some kind - then you can get through it pretty easily.

For a mage - if you can't kite (which you can't on most of the last bosses) and you can't cc (which you can't on most of the last bosses), you have to tank - and that means a quick death indeed. The easiest of the last bosses for me (the blob that splits) is hard for melee - because I can CC it and attack at range.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2021-01-06 at 01:29 AM.