Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason there is such a divisive opinion on this is just because of how different the class experience is in Torghast. Some classes are good enough where Torghast becomes a mindless chore, where different builds are almost all viable. But then there are other classes that are not in a great spot, where you almost need a specific set of powers to even be 1/4 as effective as other classes. I haven't played in a little while, but i remember even post buff rogue was in a rough spot where some bosses were straight up unbeatable (Synod). So to those saying it is a player problem, you might need to expand which classes you play or research on them first.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Anything you need to interrupt as a warlock. You simply need to eat it because you are balanced around the voidwalker when you solo it.
    Just react fast and use Fear and/or Howl. They fixed the cast times of the bosses so that they happen infrequent enough for this to be enough. Besides the Voidwalker can't reliably tank anything anyway unless you get the 100% per floor power so might as well get a Felhunter out since you're almost guaranteed to get the 60% slow power anyway so don't really need a tank.

Aside from some bosses being absurdly hard (but beatable) as Rogue in the first few weeks(?) I think the boss balance is mostly fine. I've yet to have a run that I haven't completed.

I've ran through on hunter, paladin, warlock, rogue and druid so far and have had no real issues. Most my chars are in the 175-185 range now (mostly in campaign gear). In some cases the boss falls over in like 4 seconds if I get incredible powers (like a roided up Convoke).

I think the biggest issue is people just pick the 'wow aoe' powers and forget the main objective of the run is the end boss.

Just be aware of that and pick boss-oriented powers and you will just smash it.

I'm pretty sure most people have figured that out after 6 weeks, and avoid getting baited into wrong power choices. It's really not that hard.

Also, most bosses have like one mechanic that you need to deal with (interrupt certain spell most often), and it doesn't take more than an attempt to understand.

That said, if you're severely undergeared, pick wrong powers and ignore the mechanics, i'm actually glad the game punishes you.

This coming from a player with (more than a healthy amount of) alts at max level, spanning most roles and classes.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    So - if my mage can't solo a raid boss in CN it is me? Well - today I learned that mages can tank.

I get offered almost NO single target options for the last boss, the last bosses kill me in 2 or 3 strikes ... you are objectively wrong.

In addition you completely missed the point - the trivial 5 floors leading up to an impossible boss means the tuning is off ... that's just logical.
    Mages are literally the most op class in torghast as far as bosses are concerned, what you are on about? Open r/wow, half the "i oneshotted torghast boss" videos that get posted daily are mages.

The only problem you might have is if you didn't bother with venari rep, and you don't have torghast upgrades that help a lot with getting better powers in there, otherwise...another l2p issue, just like it was over a year ago with visions in your case.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    An ongoing issue with Torghast has been the scaling issue with the bosses; they often act as a wall that you either can or cannot surmount no matter how skills you are at your class. I find this to be a just outright poor design. They designed these fights like they were dungeon bosses; things that you can beat based on numbers, with some basic mechanics, and a fair bit of stuff that cannot be avoided. Which is fine for the most part. But when you're scaling your content based on random powers, you get instances where you're being killed in a few seconds with absolutly nothing you can do. This is made worse by a mechanic where the bosses get stronger in time.

I feel the issue here is a fundamental failure in how they went about designing these bosses in the first place.

They should have been designed like Brawl Guild or Mage Tower fights; fights with mechanics that can be gamed in some way. Since the scaling issue is more so for twisting corridor, I feel like if anything this design should have been applied to it. I dont think people would have any problem with it having its own bosses; that way you can at least plan ahead of time for the 2+ hours you'll be spending in the place.
    Torgasht is actually probably too easy, pretty much every class can do layer 8 with little or no problems and only if your unlucky with powers or really bad you will ever fail a run.

Some classes actually have to use a variety of thier skills to survive and not just take hits to the face, kite, stun, interupts, fears, etc so if your struggling to do what is easy content then your probably not playing your class to its actual potential.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Then you didn't see empowered imperial consular before nerf. 15k melee, chain casting a spell that does 10k per hit, along with a 6 second pacify that means you can't interrupt him. Every time I fought him I was dead within about 30 seconds, popping everything I had. Oh, and this was on floor 2. I had 4 anima powers at the time.

Then after nerf, he dies effortlessly.
    I died to them many times. That was clearly a broken oversight on their part that they fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

What it comes down to is that the content is too difficult for some non-trivial percentage of Blizzard's paying customers (I know people who have unsubbed and given this as the reason) so it will inevitably be nerfed into oblivion soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/spell=333067/rune-hunter This makes you find Runepowers (weapon enchants) from Phyl's, i mean you can have every single enchant that is DK unique, very strong.
    This is my favorite power to get lol

Well fire mage at least has god mode. Had enough haste and cooldown reduction that my fireblast/knockup skill juggled the end boss of floor 18 in the air for the entire fight.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Things you know before ever fighting the boss:
    It is a single target fight
    You know exactly when it's coming
    You know exactly which boss it is.
    You know how many and which anima powers you have

If you can't figure out a way to beat an end boss with that information the problem isn't Torghast it's you.
    Quoted for truth.

Torghast isn't rocket science.
    Every power, take the one which will help you against the boss.
    Health buffs are generally really worthwhile.

First week, the layer 8's we're a real struggle. But they nerfed it to the ground. It's so simple now, I can't see how anyone can have a problem with difficulty...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Well fire mage at least has god mode. Had enough haste and cooldown reduction that my fireblast/knockup skill juggled the end boss of floor 18 in the air for the entire fight.
    Most classes have god modes, Fire juggler is just the most hilarious one at times. The problem is that average power of the anima powers for Mage is low to non-existant.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    torghast certainly has revealed the skill difference within the wow playerbase. some blast through the whole thing bored to death of how easy it is.. and then theres players like OP who claim it to be impossible.
    It is really fucking hilarious. I have yet to die to a boss other then the devourer when he was bigger and hitting for waaaay more then he was supposed to. Outside that I have had 0 issues. Literally just cleared the first 2 layers of twisting no.problem. my demon was legitimately 1 shorting the bosses by the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    So far, on all my layer 8 runs, I encountered only 1 boss that legit wiped me and 3 times at that, until I figured out what to do. And that was pre-nerf that made 10 stacks+ not grant CC immunity.

After this it's really trivial and one of the guys above is on the money - get powers that target end boss, because trash and shit - you will kill it for reals and even when you have seemingly bad powers, it only goes so far. I had some weird run where like 70% of my powers were defensives, but then when I reached end boss I had about 250k HP and had pet with 300k HP or so, so I just yawned through it all.
    Yep.

Generally when I get to floor three I start focusing single target over AoE, because generally I have enough AoE to get through the remaining floors.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    True, but unfortunately you still need to get that anima power. And from personal experience I only got it less than half the runs I did.
    Similar with other good powers like the smart mirror images (never had it in over 12+ clears) or the blink leaving a mirror image (75%+ of the runs).

In general I don't feel like I power up during different floors as a mage, since there aren't really anima powers that increase your damage output on single target significantly. This is outside of getting some combinations of powers that are possible, but have a relatively low chance of you actually getting it.

It's not that it's impossible, although I must say that solo'ing it as frost was a chore. I might have a distorted view as I have been doing them as fire the last weeks, but those early weeks it was quite difficult. Especially as frost mage mostly relied on kiting bosses and as their damage is as a baseline the lowest in the game and similarly to the other mage specs has little to no powerful damage increasing anima powers kiting often wasn't possible as the fights took too long.

Overall it's still doable with every class/spec, just terribly balanced between them. Luckily there are groups that still need timewarp so I can get into groups relatively easily. It's just annoying knowing that joining a group with a tank and healer 30+ ilvl lower will result in a quicker run than doing it solo.

I just did a layer 3 run of twisted halls and was OP as hell until I hit the floor 18 caster boss.

I had 75k health and 88 powers and the boss repeatedly 1 shot my pet and 2 would take me to 15% health which after a short time turned into 80k casts one shotting me. Boss had 3.9 million health and was a complete brick wall that I could not overcome.

This was a tuning issue!

Then you didn't see empowered imperial consular before nerf. 15k melee, chain casting a spell that does 10k per hit, along with a 6 second pacify that means you can't interrupt him. Every time I fought him I was dead within about 30 seconds, popping everything I had. Oh, and this was on floor 2. I had 4 anima powers at the time.

Then after nerf, he dies effortlessly.
    Don't forget the volley it cast that hit 40k+ if not interrupted. Completely stonewalled me on my holy priest and veng DH spouse. She was pacified, and after 10 stacks with CC immunity it was immediate oneshot without defensives. This was on floor 5 of layer 8 for us. To make matters worse, zero health increase anima powers the entire run. None, nothing to survive the volley past 10 stacks after cooldowns were spent, which was 2 casts (desperate prayer + fade, barely surviving at 5% health, and second with guardian spirit). Third was instant oneshot to both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Anything you need to interrupt as a warlock. You simply need to eat it because you are balanced around the voidwalker when you solo it.
    There aren't many classes that have an easier time in Torghast than Warlock. Even Twisted Corridors is an absolute joke. Pretty much nothing is immune to fear/horror/stun - between Mortal Coil, Shadowfury, and just plain ol' Fear, no mob should ever get an important cast off unless you let them.

I guess people have learned from the regular game that most elites and things like undead are always immune to fear - but they're not in Torghast. It's comically easy to CC things as a Warlock.

I killed the last boss in TC1 in less than 30 seconds, doing about 110k dps. Warlock is just walking through this.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    All of the end bosses (each 6 level chunk) are literally examples.

You do trivial content to get to them, and then the bosses are 100x harder than anything you've touched before.

It doesn't matter if you can 'get them down' because you are lucky enough to be able to tank or heal yourself - they are overtuned in comparison to the 5 floors leading up to them.

It also doesn't help that 95% of the anima powers created are useless against the end boss, meaning there is little chance of having anything more than your normal dps against them at the end.
    Personally it’s the trash before the boss that gives me trouble. Usually by the time I get to the boss on my sp,Druid tank, or demon hunter I either burn them down in seconds or I’m so tanky they can’t do shit to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    HP increases are an excellent way to have an super easy run. I had a run where I was getting rubbish floor 1 and part of 2, so I was just fuck it and started pumping HP ones, which were dropping. They might be trivial alone, but when you start stacking them... oboi.

Ended up with 250k HP, by which point your cat can kill boss, because it simply can't take out 250k HP player.

The point is - you really, REALLY, never get to the point where you absolutely have nothing. You might not have best powers and I had these runs, but you definitely get enough to do the job.
    Play a BM Hunter. I guarantee you don't get enough to do the job. 98% of the BM ones are worthless.

- - - Updated - - -

But it gets to the problem of scaling they have. Yes it was absurdly overtuned, now it's remarkably easy. That's concerning. Can't find any kind of middle ground?
    That is a floor boss, not a layer boss. The layer boss is where the difficulty needs to be scaled. The trash and floor bosses don't need to be overly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Endless is its own entity. It's the portion of Torghast that's supposed to last the entire expansion.
    Unless its never meant to get layers past 8, I dont think this is as true as you think.

If its getting future layers in future content, then this is entirely not true and layer 8 is meant for now.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg