Spec DPS Rankings

Hey. Just a quick thread here to ask, where is the best place to find accurate DPS rankings for all specs?

I presume someone might say warcraft logs but I'm a bit rusty with the site and can't find where I'd see an easy to digest general list of dps.

Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just click on "Castle nathria" ---> Rankings then filter it by any class or spec you might want

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/rankings/26#region=-1

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    If you don't mind, how exactly did you find that page? I find WL pretty confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    If you don't mind, how exactly did you find that page? I find WL pretty confusing.
    Load up warcraftlogs.com then click the 3 horisontal stripes in the upper left corner of the screen. When you've done that a long list of stuff shows up. Drag your mouse to the line of text that says "statistics" next to Castle Nathria and click it.

Hey. Just a quick thread here to ask, where is the best place to find accurate DPS rankings for all specs?

I presume someone might say warcraft logs but I'm a bit rusty with the site and can't find where I'd see an easy to digest general list of dps.

Thanks.
    Try a 2 sec google search
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    i wouldn't use mythic raiding as a overall dps gauge especially early in tier where ppl are still learning fights and not alot of ppl have downed it cept the top guilds and top players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    i wouldn't use mythic raiding as a overall dps gauge especially early in tier where ppl are still learning fights and not alot of ppl have downed it cept the top guilds and top players.
    What would you use? Genuine question.

Except this is exactly what you should be using since the only people who have kills here are very skilled at their class and playing to top of their abilities.

What would you use? Genuine question.
    Heroic raiding has more parses and its better to use the 75th% percentile as to get a better picture of dps Not everyone is a top 10% mythic raider or player.

- - - Updated - - -
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    Except this is exactly what you should be using since the only people who have kills here are very skilled at their class and playing to top of their abilities.
    Depends on what the question is. If the question is what specs are best for the top players in the world then yes, you are correct. If the question is what specs would be most competitive for someone who has to make a thread like this then no, you are not correct. It is not uncommon for spec ranking to look quite a bit different between the two.

Heroic raiding has more parses and its better to use the 75th% percentile as to get a better picture of dps Not everyone is a top 10% mythic raider or player.

- - - Updated - - -
    3 cheers. It seems every few days Icy veins or Wowhead posts a "DPS rankings" list as if it's valuable to the average player.
    Right now you can play literally any spec and see nearly all content, given that you're actually good at what you're playing.
    There are even a few Havoc DHs that have killed Mythic Sludgefist.

"Omg you're not an Unholy DK, Affi lock or MM Hunter? Literally unplayable, gtfo of my content" /s

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    so this shows you your performance in your middle of the pack raid group how?

What about some people and classes handling specific mechanics a lot.. especially in the less coordinated groups?

If you have 1 or 2 jobs like this in an 8 boss raid... the statistics will show they are worse damage meter wise..
    Not effective dmg on phases of a fight or overall fight execution mind you so the fight is actually secured for the people "only" doing the dmg part
    Last edited by Hyrican; 2021-01-07 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    3 cheers. It seems every few days Icy veins or Wowhead posts a "DPS rankings" list as if it's valuable to the average player.
    Right now you can play literally any spec and see nearly all content, given that you're actually good at what you're playing.
    There are even a few Havoc DHs that have killed Mythic Sludgefist.

"Omg you're not an Unholy DK, Affi lock or MM Hunter? Literally unplayable, gtfo of my content" /s
    What a load of utter bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyrican View Post
    so this shows you your performance in your middle of the pack raid group how?

What about some people and classes handling specific mechanics a lot.. especially in the less coordinated groups?

If you have 1 or 2 jobs like this in an 8 boss raid... the statistics will show they are worse damage meter wise..
    Not effective dmg on phases of a fight or overall fight execution mind you so the fight is actually secured for the people "only" doing the dmg part
    thats why u dont use mythic early in the tier as a top dps reference

thats why u dont use mythic early in the tier as a top dps reference

Yes heroic raiding is giving a better reference. But don't select a specific percentile in wlogs. Just use the (more complicated to look at ) standard view "All Percentiles". It shows 75 percentile + 50 + 25 plus top end and low end in the same graph.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...mount&sample=7
    Median and all Quartiles (the upper quartile is the 75% number, but you can see in one view the other quartiles as well. On top of that you see if the distribution along the scores...

The wider the main body of the bar... the more widely distributed the performance is of the spec. The narrower... the easier to achieve results and more consistent of a spec.

Per Boss analysis would be more helpful as well. Because some bosses have superfluous damage on other things.. but some require it.

Exclude the nonboss dmg and you see different results.. but this would depend on the individual boss fight
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...metric=bossdps

Same Sunking Fight Analysis:
    Balance low on boss: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...sdps&boss=2402
    Balance top: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...le=7&boss=2402
    DPS Healing on Sunking : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st...=hps&class=DPS

-> What is the best performing spec in that fight? the one with padding on gargoyles? the ones finishing the 1 target phases faster? The ones shortening the heal phases as hybrids?