Poll: Special Senate Runoff Outcome

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It will be very interesting to see what happens with the governor's race (whenever that is) in Georgia. Dems have a good chance of flipping it. I can't imagine the Republican party is going to back Kemp after this. Even though Kemp did the right thing with regards to 2020's election process.

Or is Kemp automatically out due to term limits?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    If neither side can ever have full control, compromise is inevitable.
    lol One side is quite happy to destroy the nation so no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    If that's the case you ought to have been voting Democrat down ballot since Mitch McConnels statement about obstructing Obama to make him a one term President back in 08, and having followed that line of thinking ever since. Since the GOP at large has followed that mold.

- - - Updated - - -

And there was nothing about relocating to a city. Might just be relocate to a place where you can build highways. Or install solar panels.
    I vote for the candidate that is least likely to cause me personal harm, simple as that.

Which often means, a city....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    lol One side is quite happy to destroy the nation so no.
    Both sides are currently happy to destroy the country, even if their supporters don't want to admit it.

Both sides are currently happy to destroy the country, even if their supporters don't want to admit it.
    Stop the both sides nonsense. It's clearly been demonstrated that only one side has an interest in governing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Stop the both sides nonsense. It's clearly been demonstrated that only one side has an interest in governing.
    So partisan of you.

So partisan of you.
    He is right though. Republicans haven't been doing shit since Republicans got control of the Senate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Not really? I mean, Obama in 2008 had super majorities. The Democrats have paper thin holds on power, and were devastated in the State legislatures.
    I didn't realize Obama had 66% of the house and Senate.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentElectMilchschake View Post
    Meh. A lot of people are going to be taking credit.

I'll just go with this for now...
    I'm also gonna give libertarian party a teensy bit of a credit, because they just teensy bit barely made Perdue not reach 50%+1 needed to win in nov 3rd.

Technically you could also look at it that they took away enough to keep Ossoff from 50%+1 if they all voted for him, but I'm not convinced they would have voted either. Ossoff will end up about 100k short from his general election results, Perdue will end up with roughly 300k less votes than he got in the general. I don't generally buy into the idea of spoilers, but I'll make an exception for Shane Hazel in this situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    If neither side can ever have full control, compromise is inevitable.
    That's some stunning naivete, right there.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Pretty safe to assume at this point Ossoff has beaten Perdue, he's pulled ahead and the votes that are left are likely to skew left.

so does this mean small democratic factions can do some major hostage taking now or what?

bernard saying if you dont make consessions to the progressives u can eat bawls etc

15+ Year Old Account
    You will find a great many Republicans would rather the money not be taken from them in the first place.
    What money is being taken from Republicans? Because sending $2k checks to Americans isn't going to be more than a few pennies out of taxes. I realize every time spending is brought up, some Republican making $200k a year believes it's all going to come out of his taxes, but the reality is that it's a few pennies out of his taxes. Like, seriously, perhaps Republicans should just comprehend that spending doesn't account for jack shit of the average person's taxes?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    It will be very interesting to see what happens with the governor's race (whenever that is) in Georgia. Dems have a good chance of flipping it. I can't imagine the Republican party is going to back Kemp after this. Even though Kemp did the right thing with regards to 2020's election process.

You might have forgotten (or perhaps never knew), but Kemp won his election in 2018 with a close margin... over Stacey Abrams.

Yes, the woman who may have single-handedly secured Georgia for the Democrats in this election with her voter registration campaign, lost her bid for the Georgia governorship by only 0.4%.

I have zero doubt that she will run again in 2022 and beat Kemp this time, especially considering that the Trump cultists in Georgia are primed to hate Kemp even more than they were primed to boycott the votes for Loeffler and Perdue.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post

I don't think it matters at all. I think Abrams will win by a comfortable margin. Here are the details:

The 2022 Georgia gubernatorial election will take place on November 8, 2022, to elect the governor of Georgia. Incumbent Republican governor Brian Kemp will be eligible to seek a second term in office, but has yet to announce whether or not he intends to do so.

speaking of 0.4% that is now the current lead ossoff has. a big dump and ossoff got 97% of the dump.

"both sides" bullshit

So Warnock has won, Ossof/Perdue might still get interesting?

10+ Year Old Account
    Money is never free, and even if you nationalized all of the assets of the 10 richest families in the US, it would just cover the cost of a single round of $2000 stimulus.

- - - Updated - - -

That cuts both ways, and proves my point.
    The money comes from taxes, which is in part why the $600 was such an insult when most of the money was going to foreign payouts while Americans are starving.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    So Warnock has won, Ossof/Perdue might still get interesting?
    Not really, no. Ossoff is already 0.4% ahead and 3/4 of the outstanding votes are expected to fall to Ossoff based on the location of said remaining votes.

Ossoff should end up winning by about 50k votes, or a 1.1% margin, well above the 0.5% recount threshold.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    I have no clue how he can say that when all mitch the bitch has done is hold up bills. Bills like decriminalized weed, net neutrality, 2k stimulus checks, etc some with bi-partisan support. The GoP dug their own grave here. Especially not condemning trump when he posted bullshit "rigged" crap. I often said here trump getting the nomination should've been the gop come to Jesus moment. Instead they embraced magaism and it cost them. Now they truly need to really think about their shit.
    The only thing Trump did different to "establishment" GOP, was say the quiet part out loud. So it isn't like he didn't stand for what they stand for. He just didn't hide it behind words.
    As an outsider, the GOP embracing this shit isn't surprising at all.
    - Lars