Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it's for the players that actually enjoy doing Torghast and don't run it just for the Soul Ash.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by Raspberry Lemon View Post
    why do you scream for content to be nerfed because you struggle to complete it?
    Because if Blizz tie progressing the storyline into it, it should be doable with *all* specs?

Difficulty varies wildly between different classes and specs (Quality of anima powers is very imbalanced, for instance), not to mention the RNG in actually getting good anima powers (An annoyance in the 6-floor wings, amplified hugely by 18-floor TC-wings), if "lopsided, imbalanced mess" is the design goal, at least have the decency to not gate the storyline behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuli View Post
    Lmao talk about yourself - monk isn't a problem
    please enlighten us how you do Torghast as a monk. Which spec and are you luck dependant?

Quote Originally Posted by fear View Post
    Layer 1 18th floor boss has the hp of the beta layer 8 so it's pretty massively changed. I wouldn't be shocked to see layer 8's being 10-12million hp now...
    Just did layer 3 boss on floor 18 and it had like 5M hp on solo..

It has no power gain associated with it, so if you manage to beat it now or later or even never doesn't really matter. You can just re-roll to druid down the road if they don't touch this thing at all and keep it as is and sleep through it. (I am Mage btw, so one of the shittier solo classes)

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    MM hunter doing my layer 3 clear and was kicking ass till I hit the brick wall caster boss on floor 18.

It had 3.9 million health and was casting 80k bolts at me.
    1 shot pet and eventually got to 1 shot range on me via stacking damage.

This is not at all remotely balanced.

What a waste of 2 hours of my time to get to a pretty impossible boss.
    Is it tho?
    I bet you had choices which could have saved you. I know it's RNG but there are "builds" to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    This is the first valuable feedback in this thread. Hope the devs are getting info like this in masses so they can do something about it.
    I mean...an Entangling Roots build is pretty fucking dumb to be honest. I'm not trying to be an ass, but I couldn't think of a worse Druid build to go for it, and I don't believe for a second someone was "forced" into it, considering he only had 2 of the +300% break on roots.

I play a Balance Druid and breezed through Layer 1 and 2 without a single death. I just killed the floor 18 boss in layer 2 (2.8M hp) in under 5 seconds. Was talking to a Mage earlier whose Arcane Blasts were hitting for 3M and 1 shotting stuff.

Play a better build. Prioritize flat stat boosts (% int/agi/str anima powers, % mastery/vers animas, etc) and try to make a build around one of your strong abilities/cooldowns.

Edit: For context I'm 202 ilevel. I've never done Castle Nathria or anything higher than a +8 key. I'm also only 1500 in arena, so by no means am I gear stacked or exceptionally good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a VDH: It was hilarious listening to friends failing while I was coasting through it. "oh, we don't need help" they said.. How the turn tables.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    please enlighten us how you do Torghast as a monk. Which spec and are you luck dependant?
    Brewmaster, get the vivify buff
    Vivify buff is super fucking broken

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monoxide View Post
    I mean...an Entangling Roots build is pretty fucking dumb to be honest. I'm not trying to be an ass, but I couldn't think of a worse Druid build to go for it, and I don't believe for a second someone was "forced" into it, considering he only had 2 of the +300% break on roots.

I play a Balance Druid and breezed through Layer 1 and 2 without a single death. I just killed the floor 18 boss in layer 2 (2.8M hp) in under 5 seconds. Was talking to a Mage earlier whose Arcane Blasts were hitting for 3M and 1 shotting stuff.

Play a better build. Prioritize flat stat boosts (% int/agi/str anima powers, % mastery/vers animas, etc) and try to make a build around one of your strong abilities/cooldowns.

Edit: For context I'm 202 ilevel. I've never done Castle Nathria or anything higher than a +8 key. I'm also only 1500 in arena, so by no means am I gear stacked or exceptionally good.
    You're playing the single most broken spec in-game atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    As a VDH: It was hilarious listening to friends failing while I was coasting through it. "oh, we don't need help" they said.. How the turn tables.

- - - Updated - - -

You're playing the single most broken spec in-game atm.
    That might be the case but I'm replying to a guy also playing a Druid saying he went a fucking Entangling Roots build (and using his failure as justification for Torghast missing the mark). Come on lol

For clarification, my post wasn't intended to be "Woohoo look at me playing a broken spec, why can't you pleb classes keep up? Durrrrrrr" It was specifically in reply to someone playing the same class and more importantly not realizing they're playing a bad build. Tuning for Torghast/classes may be way off, but people also need to consider their own decision making in the process. A simple question to ask yourself: Am I going to struggle against a boss with 2M HP with an Entangling Roots build? Think about how that would even work. He said he had two of the +300% damage taken before breaking anima powers. So even if your build worked as intended, how low is your DPS that you're not instantly breaking Roots with every attack you do, thus invalidating the entire build? There's no way he was playing Feral with a Roots build, that wouldn't make sense at all (and if he was, WOW), so that means he was ALSO PLAYING BALANCE and not understanding how he failed on layer 1.
    Last edited by Monoxide; 2021-01-06 at 10:54 AM.
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Except you don't have to complete that quest at all this week. You end up with 300 Soul Ash if you do both quests and the account unlock of Twisting Corridors. There is no more to the quest line currently unless they've kept it a secret at this point. So you have until 9.1 to complete it. More than enough time and there's also zero reason to nerf it since it's suppose to be a challenge and you can complete it in a group / be carried

Also, if people are struggling that much they can make a group and have an easier time since the more people in the run (despite it scaling up) makes it easier with all the extra powers going out. This isn't a Solo only activity..
    Since when are solo quests supposed to be a challenge? All they have to do is tune it down when you are on the quest. Period. You can have your challenge after that. Remember one of the rewards listing is "Unlocking account access to Twisting Corridors". If you are tying it into a quest, layer 1 needs to be doable by ALL classes, soloable, and at the time you get the quest. I shouldn't have to wait month to gear up or have get a group to be carried to finish a quest in content that has solo play as part of it's marketing. It does not hurt in any way to allow an easier experience for completion when on the quest. There is zero reason NOT to nerf it if you are on quest or create a separate version like the other quests do. It's not a group only activity either and the quest isn't marked as group only either.

ps You only find clues to Audin's whereabouts, so you can be rest assured that there is more story as Anduin still has to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Because people can complain and blame specs all they want, but that doesn't mean it is the problem. I've done several Layer 1's today with crappy and decent classes and one of them 2 manned it with a friend who wanted someone to do it
    Interesting that you still don't mention any specs that you played or the anima powers you got. Seems to me you likely got lucky with anima powers. You managing to complete it doesn't mean spec isn't a problem.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-01-06 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Since when are solo quests supposed to be a challenge? All they have to do is tune it down when you are on the quest. Period. You can have your challenge after that. Remember one of the rewards listing is "Unlocking account access to Twisting Corridors". If you are tying it into a quest, layer 1 needs to be doable by ALL classes, soloable, and at the time you get the quest. I shouldn't have to wait month to gear up or have get a group to be carried to finish a quest in content that has solo play as part of it's marketing. It does not hurt in any way to allow an easier experience for completion when on the quest. There is zero reason NOT to nerf it if you are on quest or create a separate version like the other quests do. It's not a group only activity either and the quest isn't marked as group only either.

ps You only find clues to Audin's whereabouts, so you can be rest assured that there is more story as Anduin still has to be found.

Because people can complain and blame specs all they want, but that doesn't mean it is the problem. I've done several Layer 1's today with crappy and decent classes and one of them 2 manned it with a friend who wanted someone to do it with.
    I'm genuinely curious, why do you feel entitled to this? You say if it's tied to a quest that layer 1 needs to be doable by ALL classes, soloable, the day it comes out.

Why? I know it might seem like a stupid question, but I've never understood this mentality. When I buy a Mario game, I don't just get automatic access to beating Bowser. If I suck at platforming and can't beat the levels, it doesn't matter that I paid for the game, I don't get to fight/beat him.

This is the same argument I've seen before where people get upset that there's a Mythic only boss and they don't get to fight it in LFR. They say "I pay $15/month for this game I should be able to experience this" Why? You have access, just like everyone else. It's not like some players get to go into the raid and others don't. It's on you, and your decisions, and your skill, whether or not you get to see and do everything the game has to offer.

Left the dungeon as soon as I saw the final boss of layer 1. The dude who spams his AOE shadowbolts that hit for 40k. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    There have been a large number of complaint threads on the wow forums, and sadly it seems ActiBlizz's customers are being ignored there too.

So it seems the most likely response will be: It's working as intended.
    How come? They nerfed the hell out of regular Torghast quickly after mass whining... It points to that it will be nerfed rather than not.

Blizzard or most devs tbh is responding rarely to threads saying "yeah we will nerf this soon" instead they say "we heard your complaints and here is the fix" when the patches arrive.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2021-01-06 at 11:28 AM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

wasting an hour or two of the players time and then telling them "come back later" (from what i've read so far) seems like a genius way to squeeze out more precious play time.

at least superior to killing them off immediately

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    There have been a large number of complaint threads on the wow forums, and sadly it seems ActiBlizz's customers are being ignored there too.

So it seems the most likely response will be: It's working as intended.
    It is. Guy is in a shit gear and is trying to do content designed to be a challenging end game. I fail to see a problem?

Since when are solo quests supposed to be a challenge?
    Because it isn't a solo quest by itself. It can be a group or solo quest and intended for either. If someone is capable of solo'ing it then they are able to. If they are struggling then get a group together if you must complete it this week, but you don't. You have until 9.1 to finish both since there is no next part at this time.

All they have to do is tune it down when you are on the quest. Period. You can have your challenge after that.
    Then that defeats the purpose of it being Layer 1. What you are wanting is something like a Layer 0 otherwise if they toned Layer 1 down then people would need to complete it again in order to progress in the tower. People won't like having to complete a layer twice in order to do that.

Remember one of the rewards listing is "Unlocking account access to Twisting Corridors". If you are tying it into a quest, layer 1 needs to be doable by ALL classes, soloable, and at the time you get the quest.
    Here's a hint that unlock is for account wide access plus Layer 2 and above. In other words, the reward is only if you are continuing on. If you are struggling on Layer 1 then why would you need to unlock the future layers with that quest? You could do it for an alt and have better luck, sure but they removed the time gating so your alt can speed right up and get Soul Ash in the process.

I shouldn't have to wait month to gear up or have get a group to be carried to finish a quest in content that has solo play as part of it's marketing.
    Why shouldn't you wait until you get gear to finish a quest? Not all quests can be finished immediately. There are people who get raid quests that have to wait until the final wing of LFR is released so they can finish the quest. Wanting to finish it now because you want to isn't a good reason to nerf something that is suppose to be a challenge.

It does not hurt in any way to allow an easier experience for completion when on the quest. There is zero reason NOT to nerf it if you are on quest or create a separate version like the other quests do. It's not a group only activity either and the quest isn't marked as group only either.
    See above about Layer 0 / 1. Just because quest isn't marked as [Group] in the frame doesn't mean anything. You can complete all quests in a group, with some exceptions that put you in a solo phase. The difference is you want to refuse finding a group to finish this quest that you feel needs to be completed today or the world will end. Secondly, Torghast is content for 1-5 players making it a group quest as well.

This is like saying everyone should be able to solo all 5 wings of Visions in 8.3 because it awarded quest items and if you couldn't you had to do more runs which isn't fair. Thing is you can do the same here and farm the first boss over and over for the quest items too.

Yes, a story that will continue into 9.1 as there is nothing from beta or datamined information that suggests more is ready now. The story continues then so you have some time and you aren't going to be able to help save the boy king for now.

Interesting that you still don't mention any specs that you played or the anima powers you got. Seems to me you likely got lucky with anima powers. You managing to complete it doesn't mean spec isn't a problem.
    Again, because it doesn't matter. I could list all the classes I ran it on and it wouldn't change anything. This isn't an argument about you did it on X class and that's why it was super easy you need to do it on Y. When others have already done it on XY and Z and were just fine.

Can you get bad powers? Sure but you can usually tell after a floor or two about how it will end based on the powers you get as you should have this experience picked up from previous weeks. Not every run will have great powers for everyone, but you can still gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Yeah we are really used to eat content the moment is fresh..

Blizzard could communicate better, as their "hard" nowadays means 6-10 seconds of fear, stun and silences plus insane number scaling.
    If they want it to be completed in ilvl 300, then tell us.
    I think you fail to realize that a lot of people still haven't even done layer 8 yet of the normal wings.

I'm genuinely curious, why do you feel entitled to this? You say if it's tied to a quest that layer 1 needs to be doable by ALL classes, soloable, the day it comes out.

Why? I know it might seem like a stupid question, but I've never understood this mentality. When I buy a Mario game, I don't just get automatic access to beating Bowser. If I suck at platforming and can't beat the levels, it doesn't matter that I paid for the game, I don't get to fight/beat him.
    This quest is not the final boss. So, I am not asking for anything anywhere near asking for access Bowser on day one. We aren't talking about the final boss of a mythic raid here. I am not asking for immediate access to layer 8. I am talking about one quest which unlocks account access to a core feature to a game. I would still have to work my way to layer 8/Bowser. Your argument is not remotely comparable to what I am asking for.

This is the same argument I've seen before where people get upset that there's a Mythic only boss and they don't get to fight it in LFR. They say "I pay $15/month for this game I should be able to experience this" Why? You have access, just like everyone else. It's not like some players get to go into the raid and others don't. It's on you, and your decisions, and your skill, whether or not you get to see and do everything the game has to offer.
    Not even remotely the same. This is a story line quest that rewards account access to a core feature of the expansion. I don't recall you ever having to complete a mythic dungeon to unlock acesss to them for all your other characters. I don't recall ever having to run a heroic on my main to unlock access for the rest of my toons.

Your argument is not remotely comparable to what I am talking about. All I am saying is that if you are going to have a story line tied into it and have a quest that rewards the unlocking of account access to content that it be doable by all classes. In this case, you should not be penalized because you have a crappy spec and crappy anima powers. Either take the quest out and make a separate version of it like they did in almost all the other story line quests, or have a nerf that only activates when you are on the quest and does not unlock level 2 when you complete it. You would still have TC as is.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Okay, yes. But without the vivify buff? It's not really that fun if you absolutely need one power to be able to beat Torghast.

OT:
    After having my first corridor run I can say, that Demo WL is more overpowered than I could ever imagine. The last boss had 3.1m hitpoints, my felguard had 1.1m. Wasn't really a fair fight

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Because if Blizz tie progressing the storyline into it, it should be doable with *all* specs?

Difficulty varies wildly between different classes and specs (Quality of anima powers is very imbalanced, for instance), not to mention the RNG in actually getting good anima powers (An annoyance in the 6-floor wings, amplified hugely by 18-floor TC-wings), if "lopsided, imbalanced mess" is the design goal, at least have the decency to not gate the storyline behind it.
    You can just repeat floors 1-6 over and over for the Bolvar Quest items. That portion isn't really any more difficult then any of the other story wings of Torghast.