https://www.thedailybeast.com/disorg...watchdog-finds

The investigation into the NYPD's handling of the Floyd protests is not good for them.

TLDR: They fucked up considerably, were overly aggressive, disorganized as fuck, confused as fuck, violent, didn't consider the Frist Amendment, but didn't get into specific allegations of wrongdoing much despite many of the officers facing charges for their violent behavior.

The 111-page report particularly slammed the department’s lack of planning on how to handle the surge in protests. It “contributed to problems that then escalated tensions” as the protests only grew larger in size. The report notes that, if the NYPD had coordinated with its own Community Affairs Bureau, who could have reached out with protest leaders, the violence would not have been nearly as intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.thedailybeast.com/disorg...watchdog-finds

The investigation into the NYPD's handling of the Floyd protests is not good for them.

TLDR: They fucked up considerably, were overly aggressive, disorganized as fuck, confused as fuck, violent, didn't consider the Frist Amendment, but didn't get into specific allegations of wrongdoing much despite many of the officers facing charges for their violent behavior.
    i saw the vids of cops boasting about how they beat people and that one saying 'run them over'. grim cunts

also speaking of such things

https://twitter.com/davenewworld_2/s...89838334603266

can any of our resident bootlickers tell me how u reform that? a one day training session from a $500 dollar consultant saying please dont run people over?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/heavil...oregon-capitol

A group of about 300 demonstrators attempted to force their way into two separate entrances of the Oregon State Capitol on Monday, outraged lawmakers were holding a special session closed to the public.

The crowd was a loose collection of members of the Proud Boys, Patriot Prayer and other far-right groups, many of them are armed with pistols and rifles. At one point during the demonstration, which began around 9 a.m., a woman tried to climb in a window on the west side of the government building. Oregon State Troopers, however, repelled her—before two more troopers showed up to insist that she get off the ledge.

Those troopers were quickly chased off by screaming protesters, many of them toting long black rifles.

Minutes later, the crowd moved to the building’s north entrance and attempted to push their way in. A dozen more troopers arrived at the door, declared it an unlawful assembly, and pushed the crowd back, using some kind of deterrent in a series of “pop” sounds, at which point the protesters swarmed back out again, their eyes watering and coughing.

Some 100 protesters soon entered the lobby anyway, and state troopers again attempted to compel them to leave. The Salem Police Department told The Daily Beast that the streets surrounding the Capitol building had been closed and residents were being asked to avoid the area if possible due to the ongoing protest.
    Man, these dudes are lucky that cops seem to really like armed right wing militias intimidating lawmakers, because this is a positively restrained response to an armed mob attempting to storm a government building.

Why won't the cops respond to these armed, violent rioters that are invading state government buildings with equal force like they did with protesters peacefully protesting police brutality and racial injustice?

10+ Year Old Account

Man, these dudes are lucky that cops seem to really like armed right wing militias intimidating lawmakers, because this is a positively restrained response to an armed mob attempting to storm a government building.

Why won't the cops respond to these armed, violent rioters that are invading state government buildings with equal force like they did with protesters peacefully protesting police brutality and racial injustice?
    Probably because they have coworkers in the mob.

It’s like how the reason you don’t see cop calendars in the same way you see firemen calendars is because it’d be too difficult to airbrush all the swastika tattoos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Because it would evolved in a litteral battle in the middle of the town ? You want to treat a large armed mob with precaution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Because it would evolved in a litteral battle in the middle of the town ? You want to treat a large armed mob with precaution.
    What you’re saying is that BLM protesters should arm themselves.

Gotcha.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    What you’re saying is that BLM protesters should arm themselves.

Gotcha.
    It would be stupid as well. I am not sure what you mean by 'gotcha'. But I guess you are used to stupid move.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be stupid as well. I am not sure what you mean by 'gotcha'. But I guess you are used to stupid move.
    Didn’t you literally just criticise someone for making ad hominem arguments? Rofl.

And no, clearly it would not be a stupid move since it is apparently the only way to get police or their shills to respect people’s first amendment rights according to y’all.

I'd rather they treat them as a large, armed mob trying to illegally take over a state government building. Don't play stupid games with guns.

But I guess unarmed, peaceful protesters are the bigger threat. Or not because they're unarmed, so it gives the local PD license to be brutal without fear of the people they're abusing shooting them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Didn’t you literally just criticise someone for making ad hominem arguments? Rofl.

And no, clearly it would not be a stupid move since it is apparently the only way to get police or their shills to respect people’s first amendment rights according to y’all.
    And that is why the 2A should not exist, because any armed mob could force people to do what they want.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd rather they treat them as a large, armed mob trying to illegally take over a state government building. Don't play stupid games with guns.

But I guess unarmed, peaceful protesters are the bigger threat. Or not because they're unarmed, so it gives the local PD license to be brutal without fear of the people they're abusing shooting them back.
    Well, imagine if the mob would have fire on the Officers ? Or the Officers on the mob ? What would have happen ? Buildings on fire and tons of dead and wounded. Would have been far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    But lets try to be a teensy bit reasonable, situations like that can be handled after the fact, not while the whole armed mob is standing there.
    So an armed mob can be dealt with after the fact, but unarmed protesters are peppersprayed and beaten immediately? Why not "dealt with" after the fact too. Or, radical idea I know, let unarmed protesters carry on with their protest.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was Feb. 26 when police went before a judge and swore the information in their complaint for the search warrant was accurate. It was signed by an assistant state’s attorney at 2:37 p.m. Hours later, officers broke down Sharon’s door – the wrong door – looking for someone the family said they don’t know.

And for the first time, CBS 2 obtained police search warrant data after nearly two years of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests. While it offers a glimpse at how often Chicago Police officers execute search warrants overall, it also reveals a disturbing pattern about which neighborhoods are targeted the most. In addition, it shows how police failed to make arrests, or recover guns or drugs, in thousands of cases.

What happened to the Lyons is emblematic of more than a dozen innocent families, and more than two dozen children, whose homes CBS 2 found were wrongly raided by the Chicago Police.

Each instance follows a similar pattern of allegations: guns pointed at families and often at children, destruction of personal property with a lack of follow-up, and black or Latino families being on the other end of the door.

Since 2018, CBS 2 sought records that would show the frequency of wrong raids. Then Superintendent Eddie Johnson claimed they track it. But by 2019, officials admitted that isn’t the case.

Our nearly two-year FOIA battle for records from police uncovered they do, however, have a database documenting every search warrant executed and the outcome. It’s the closest the public can get to understanding how the department uses search warrants as a policing tool. We obtained those records and found concerning racial disparities.

According CBS 2’s analysis of the data, police executed 6,855 search warrants from 2016 to 2019. For this analysis, CBS 2 only included records that indicated a search warrant was served at a residence.

Although police redacted the full addresses, CBS 2 was able to map the warrants by blocks. This revealed Chicago Police disproportionately execute search warrants in majority Black and Latino neighborhoods. We learned many of the wrong raids we uncovered happened in these same communities.

In contrast, we found neighborhoods with majority white populations, had the least search warrants executed. CBS 2’s mapping analysis found no search warrants served in communities like Edison Park, Printers Row, Wrigleyville, Museum Campus and Magnificent Mile, among others, in the timeframe reviewed. These communities have white populations of 50 percent or more, census data shows.

CBS 2’s analysis of police data also found the neighborhoods with the most search warrants, like the Back of the Yards, were also those that had the most “negative” results. A negative raid is one where police did not make an arrest, nor did they recover any drugs, guns or other property. The data shows 1 in 10 search warrants, or 679 total, were negative.

Because many of the wrong raids CBS 2 uncovered ended in a negative outcome, we wanted to know how often police actually find what they’re looking for when conducting a search warrant.

About 72 percent of all warrants sought drugs – a total of 4,921. Of those, records show drugs were confiscated in only 221 cases. That’s less than 5 percent.

The data also shows police were seeking guns in 1,445 out of the 6,558 search warrants. That’s 21 percent. Of those, guns were recovered in 669 cases, or just over 46 percent of the time.

In 43 percent of search warrants, or nearly 3,000, police did not make an arrest.
    https://chicago.cbslocal.com/they-ha...top-bad-raids/

A police officer who shot and killed a Black man holding a cellphone in Ohio's capital city early Tuesday did not activate his body camera beforehand, and dash cameras on the officers' cruiser were also not activated, city officials said. Because of an automatic "look back" feature on the body camera, the shooting was captured on video but without audio, according to Columbus Mayor Andrew Ginther and the city's department of public safety.

As a result, there's no way to hear what the 47-year-old man or the officer said during the interaction, Ginther said.
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/columbu...ing-black-man/

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-char...144511173.html
    No charges against Wisconsin officer who shot Jacob Blake
    KENOSHA, Wis. (AP) — A Wisconsin prosecutor announced Tuesday that he will not file criminal charges against a white police officer who shot a Black man in the back in Kenosha last summer, leaving him paralyzed and setting off sometimes violent protests in the city.

Officer Rusten Sheskey’s shooting of Jacob Blake on Aug. 23, captured on bystander video, turned the nation’s spotlight on Wisconsin during a summer marked by protests over police brutality and racism. More than 250 people were arrested in the days that followed, including 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse, a self-styled medic with an assault rifle who is charged in the fatal shootings of two men and the wounding of a third.

Kenosha County District Attorney Michael Graveley said Tuesday that he “would have to disprove the clear expression of these officers that they had to fire a weapon to defend themselves.”

He added: “I do not believe the state ... would be able to prove that the privilege of self-defense is not available.”

Graveley said he had informed Blake of the news before a news conference to announce the decision.

Ben Crump, an attorney for Blake’s family, expressed disappointment with the decision, saying it “further destroys trust in our justice system” and sends a message that it is OK for police to abuse their power. He said he will continue to move forward with a lawsuit and fight for systemic change in policing.

“We feel this decision failed not only Jacob and his family, but the community that protested and demanded justice,” Crump and his co-counsel said in a statement, adding: “We urge Americans to continue to raise their voices and demand change in peaceful and positive ways during this emotional time.”

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/teen-char...144511173.html
    No charges against Wisconsin officer who shot Jacob Blake
    lol surely US "justice" know how to fuel on fire
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol surely US "justice" know how to fuel on fire
    Let me play devil's advocate - what if said justice actually is right in this case (just assume it for a moment)? Then what? Are they supposed to bring charges for the sake of it since the nation right now is like oil close to open flame to pacify it, or are they supposed to be impartial no matter what and just do their jobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Let me play devil's advocate - what if said justice actually is right in this case (just assume it for a moment)? Then what? Are they supposed to bring charges for the sake of it since the nation right now is like oil close to open flame to pacify it, or are they supposed to be impartial no matter what and just do their jobs?
    At the very least... having a trial and having them get off would have been better. At least then in many people's eyes they can look like they pursued justice. As it is they aren't even going to bring the charges to the officers and their reason given why is more or less "They do not think they can win so they won't bother".

....not bothering to try to get justice isn't a great look for showing that black lives matter... which is the entire reason why their is so many protests to begin with.

If it truly was (for your devil's advocate) justice for the officers not to be punshed... then having a trial to showcase that is better then nothing.... which is where we are right now.
    Last edited by Zinstorm; 2021-01-06 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    yes sure, someone could even try to defend with "justice", but if that ""justice"" let someone to shoot in the back 7 time because he panicked, then accept that the fucking oil will burn the entire city. because fuck that """"""justice""""""
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post
    At the very least... having a trial and having them get off would have been better. At least then in many people's eyes they can look like they pursued justice. As it is they aren't even going to bring the charges to the officers and their reason given why is more or less "They do not think they can win so they won't bother".

....not bothering to try to get justice isn't a great look for showing that black lives matter... which is the entire reason why their is so many protests to begin with.

If it truly was (for your devil's advocate) justice for the officers not to be punshed... then having a trial to showcase that is better then nothing.... which is where we are right now.
    Now this seems reasonable, at least, and better than handwaving all away.

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    yes sure, someone could even try to defend with "justice", but if that ""justice"" let someone to shoot in the back 7 time because he panicked, then accept that the fucking oil will burn the entire city. because fuck that """"""justice""""""
    Riiiiight...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinstorm View Post

"They do not think they can win so they won't bother". Sounds like their main lawyer dont want to risk having a "defeat" in court to his name, to keep his winning % up on paper its better to not try at all.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

So I think the (lack of) police response to the terrorism in DC today merits discussion in this thread.

They went super easy on armed rioters storming the US Capitol, yet they tear gassed peaceful protestors who said mean things about Trump.

Completely shameful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.