Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You have way too much free time in your hands, like most people around here, and as a result you needlessly overcomplicate straightforward things. The trademark of MMO-Champion.
    You're one to talk, considering how much time you waste spouting worthless drivel on here. You are the literal epitome of all that is wrong with the people using this website.

Infracted.

Cue you again pushing your void-nonsense agenda
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-01-06 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I firmly believe that Blizzard is scrambling to create "new Lore" after Legion basically saw us reach the natural conclusion of the entire Warcraft story.

Really, "Elune" probably shouldn't even exist, or rather exist purely as a cultural belief by the Night Elves. I suspect the ORIGINAL plan was to have Elune as a "God/Goddess", essentially a creation of Eonar, second in power only to the Titans themselves.

The problem is, Legion introduced us to the Titans, and revealed they're all kind of a little bitch. So Blizzard starts scrambling, "wait, PLEASE DON'T GO, uhh, actually the Titans aren't the only Pantheon! There's, uhh, a a Pantheon of Death! Yeah! And, uhh, Elune is still a big, mysterious being!"

At this point, I fully expect Blizzard to explain "actually Elune is even MORE powerful than the Titans!", because they're just eager to do anything that keeps the universe going and getting "bigger", having already dealt with the Titans now.
    Lore can be expanded. It's not like they're not allowed to create new lore outside of the Warcraft 1-3 games. And it's not like new lore is automatically worse than already established lore.

Unless we're being pre-negative and assume all they're doing will be bad.
    Hi

I mean, I already specified that in my first post in this thread, where I explained everything in detail. I have been saying since the beginning that Elune is most likely an entity transcending the Light, Void, and Life, but people want to argue with me about useless things.
    It seems too powerful for a Moon goddess.
    I, personally, think she is a Priestess of the Moon, elevated to the status of a Wild God/Loa.
    This is her picture from the RPG:

Since the Titan Pantheon received looks that, pretty much, resemble their RPG iterations (which, i cannot post pictures of because of wiki pictures not working on MMO-Champion), one can assume she will receive similar treatment.

This is her son (part Night elf, part Stag):

This is Cenarius' father:

This is how Bwonsamdi became a Loa:
    "Long ago, Mueh'zala was the loa of the dead for all trolls, and he elevated Bwonsamdi from priest to loa."

Tyrande being empowered by Elune (by pleading to her):

Rastakhan being empowered by Bwonsamdi (by pleading to him):

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Oh man I'm surprised people are struggling.

Blizzard didn't name the Tears of Elune that, in the universe the Night Elves did, just as Arthas named his sword Frostmourne, just as the Blood Elves called themselves Sin'Dorei rather than Quel'Dorei.

Blizzard, in Varodoc's scenario of lore characters not questioning whether they are truly of Elune, or saying that indeed they are, isn't, at a third person narrator level telling us that The Tears of Elune are OF ELUNE.

Blizzard has WRITTEN CHARACTERS that SAY they are of Elune. That doesn't HAVE to be the case. Blizzard might at a third person omnicscient level know that they're not. Which is why I was speculating that for all we know the Tears of Elune might just have been a really cool rock because all our knowledge of it was based on what we'd been told by characters.

Another example is the White Walkers in Game of Thrones, that the people of Westeros don't KNOW were created by the Children of the Forest, but were nevertheless.

Or all the "Nah they're stories for children" things that have been said about them, by people that didn't believe in the White Walkers, when specifically THEY WEREN'T just stories for children, rather they were actively marching on the wall.

This is the equivalent of Tolkien going on one of his tangents and explaining the lore of a tower or tree, Aragorn or Gimli, in the universe of Lord of the Rings might not know that lore, or they might know a different version, Gimli might have heard from other dwarves that the tower they're at was inhabited by dwarves, when in fact it was inhabited by Elves.

Just like the Elves might THINK that the Tears of Elune are of Elune because that's what they've been conditioned to.

The only time Blizzard, at a third person narrative, steps in to confirm that indeed they are related to Elune IN SOME WAY is, like Yayeet said, when Elune provided a cleansed or new one after Ysera was made a constellation.

THIS MEANS that up until that point there was no way to be sure, because all knowledge of the Tears of Elune come from unreliable narrators, all knowledge of the Tears of Elune come from narrators that in the vein of something like the sociolinguistic concept of common knowledge have been conditioned for thousands of years to believe that the Tears of Elune are of Elune.
    There's no need to be ambiguous about it. Tears of Elune are, most likely, related to Elune. You could have the Chronicles situation, though - where the lore is written from the perspective of the Titans, and that's why there's not much lore about the Shadowlands and the Val'kyr were thought to be Spirit Healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    It seems too powerful for a Moon goddess.
    I, personally, think she is a Priestess of the Moon, elevated to the status of a Wild God/Loa.
    She can't just be a Wild God/Loa, she's too powerful/ominous to be one.

The Wild Gods are weak. Cenarius' father was killed by Archimonde, who is pretty low on the God hierarchy of Warcraft. Cenarius himself was cut down by a mere greenskin. The Loa are also weak. Rezan, King of all Loas, was oneshot by Zul's subordinate.

No, Elune must be something far greater. If not because she is behind Xe'ra, then at least because she has shown cosmic powers that are far beyond any Loa or Wild God. I've never heard of a creature being able to create a constellation by herself, yet Elune did that when she took Ysera's spirit.

This is the God hierarchy and where I rank Elune:

First Ones/Void Lords/Light Lords/Elune -> It remains to be seen whether Elune is a First One or a Light Lord, but I expect her to be at the very top of the multiversal hierarchy
    Naaru/Titans/Old Gods/Wild Gods/Eternal Ones
    Demi-gods like the Lich King, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, etc.
    Very powerful mortals/Potential Demi-gods like Alleria, Sylvanas, Turalyon, etc. Basically any mortal who has ascended after being inextricably changed by a cosmic power.

Note that I am not ranking them power-wise, I don't care at all about that, I am ranking them based on cosmic importance. It is clear, for example, that the Void Lords are a rank above the Titans, when they are so unfathomable and grand in nature that they literally can't manifest in the material plane.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

It's in her name people, Elune = Moon.

She's not a Titan, nor anything we know. She is a unique being born of Light and Void, she's at center of the Chronicles Cosmic powers, namely near Azeroth.

She is the one that will bring balance to the force.

Oh and she created the Naarus.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    I think the Winter Queen's sister is more likely Eonar, because she more directly created Ysera than Elune did. Freya did create Ysera, but she's a Titan construct so I fail to see her being on par with the Winter Queen.

I think the "sister" link between them is more metaphorica
    l than genetic, really. Like the "moon" is the "sun's" sister but one is a big rock and the other is a star.
    Why would that be the case? it feels like these type of thought make the story confusing. This will likely be a case of players expecting some deep lore explanation and hopes for blizz to make that true, only to discover they took the obvious. Be ready for dissapointment is my opinion.

Inb4 its just literal sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Why would that be the case? it feels like these type of thought make the story confusing. This will likely be a case of players expecting some deep lore explanation and hopes for blizz to make that true, only to discover they took the obvious. Be ready for dissapointment is my opinion.

Inb4 its just literal sister.
    I think that because there is currently no information about the Winter Queen being linked to the Titans other than Ardenweald and the Emerald Dream being described as "opposite blooms connected to the same tree".

The only information we have about her sister is through the existence of Ysera, the green dragon being her "pet".

Ysera (and all dragonflights) are product of the Titans, through Eonar and keeper Freya.

The Emerald Dream is the realm of Ysera and was created by Freya (either from scratch or using a dream from Azeroth itself) to serve as the underlying blueprint for Azeroth, a world-sould/titan.

We have no information about the Winter Queen being a Titan.

If she's supposed to be the literal sister of Ysera's master/creator, she must be a Titan.

There is currently no Titan presence anywhere in the Shadowlands.

While Oribos has the type of architecture that could be linked to the Titans, nothing in the colors, symbols or shapes ressemble other titan facilities on Azeroth or even on Elunaria.

The only real link between the Shadowlands and the Titans is the fact that Odin stole a lot of things from Bastion, from Valkyrs to aspects of the archirecture, but there is no link here to Ardenweald of the Winter Queen.

All the information we have so far doesn't make it possible for the Winter Queen to be the literal sister of Eonar, wich is the most evident master/creator of Ysera the Winter Queen could refer to (Freya being the actual creator but being a titan construct).

I'm just trying to follow the facts we know about the existing lore.

I think it's the obvious explanation.

Any other explanation would require much more lore to be added (either about Elune (the other most likely candidate) or a new character we know nothing about and is somehow linked to Ysera).

EDIT : I'll add that the idea of "pet" could be that the Sister "adopted" Ysera as a pet and could refer to Elune. Ysera being one of her favorite creature in the cosmos. For all we know, she did take her personnally to the Shadowlands and left a constellation in her memory in the sky. I think it's even less literal than the game is explaining things and Elune being the Winter Queen's sister is not that obvious for me, as they don't seem to be on the same level at all.
    Last edited by haiyken; 2021-01-06 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmevlet View Post
    (Assuming Elune is the Winter Queen's sister)
    She's not. Winter Queen was talking about Eonar, since it is her who transformed Ysera and granted her her power. Winter Queen and Eonar are on the same hierarchy level when it comes to the cosmos structure (Pantheon of Death, Pantheon of Order), Elune is above them all.

If Winter Queen was talking about Elune, she wouldn't be so opposed to the idea of helping Ysera at the very begining - why would she reject a creation of somone more powerful than her? But Ysera was made by Eonar, a kind-of-Eternal-One of the Order plane, which is why Winter Queen was hesistant, because she bore the powers of the opposing realm.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Lore can be expanded. It's not like they're not allowed to create new lore outside of the Warcraft 1-3 games. And it's not like new lore is automatically worse than already established lore.

Unless we're being pre-negative and assume all they're doing will be bad.
    True, but I'd argue that this isn't Dragon Ball Z, we don't need "higher tiers of power". By all previous accounts, the Titans effectively created the universe, then Sargeras went all "Lucifer" and became a dick instead.

Then it was expanded that actually, Titans didn't create the universe, they just went around planet to planet, cleansing them of the corruption of the newly-introduced "Void Lords".

But when players didn't respond super favorably to that, it was then expanded to say "actually those are just two faction, of like 6-8 factions that represent different "elements" of reality.

It's just... wildly unnecessary.

In some ways, I'm honestly kind of ready to just be done with it all, and return to a smaller scale. Have "something" happen that involves a massive time-skip, perhaps we're thrown into a world where nature has slowly but completely reclaimed Azeroth, all of the races have been reduced to small tribes that need to band together simply to survive in a new, harsh world, and... honestly? That sounds great, to me.

As much as I think it's overrated, giving WoW that "Breath of the Wild" treatment would really make things feel fresh again, I think. No more overwhelming amounts of steampunk technology, have a world full of new threats and secrets to uncover, but keep it a little more grounded. I loved TBC and Legion, but having defeated Sargeras now, I'd honestly prefer to go back to more grounded Fantasy.

She can't just be a Wild God/Loa, she's too powerful/ominous to be one.

The Wild Gods are weak. Cenarius' father was killed by Archimonde, who is pretty low on the God hierarchy of Warcraft. Cenarius himself was cut down by a mere greenskin. The Loa are also weak. Rezan, King of all Loas, was oneshot by Zul's subordinate.

No, Elune must be something far greater. If not because she is behind Xe'ra, then at least because she has shown cosmic powers that are far beyond any Loa or Wild God. I've never heard of a creature being able to create a constellation by herself, yet Elune did that when she took Ysera's spirit.

This is the God hierarchy and where I rank Elune:

First Ones/Void Lords/Light Lords/Elune -> It remains to be seen whether Elune is a First One or a Light Lord, but I expect her to be at the very top of the multiversal hierarchy
    Naaru/Titans/Old Gods/Wild Gods/Eternal Ones
    Demi-gods like the Lich King, Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, etc.
    Very powerful mortals/Potential Demi-gods like Alleria, Sylvanas, Turalyon, etc. Basically any mortal who has ascended after being inextricably changed by a cosmic power.

Note that I am not ranking them power-wise, I don't care at all about that, I am ranking them based on cosmic importance. It is clear, for example, that the Void Lords are a rank above the Titans, when they are so unfathomable and grand in nature that they literally can't manifest in the material plane.
    "Countless loa exist, most weak, but some very powerful."

This is why, through the Shadowlands (Ardenweald) being a universe-wide afterlife, Elune is the patron god of other worlds - much like Goldrinn being a Wild God, who contacted the Orcs on Draenor.

The Wild Gods are listed as representatives of the Life cosmic force, in the Cosmic chart of the Chronicles, while the Arcane is represented by the Titans, Fel by Demons, Light by Naaru, Void by Void lords (or, Old Gods) and Death by Undead. So, they, pretty much, have to be on the same level as other cosmic force representatives, otherwise the cosmic wars are not fair (unbalanced).

Now, i'm not saying she's a mere Wild God. Like we have discovered in the Shadowlands, Death has a Pantheon (Eternal ones), and therefore, undead creatures are not the representatives, like shown in the Chronicles cosmic chart. Similarly, the cosmic life of force, probably, has a pantheon of its own, which Elune belongs to. So, she will be on the same level of a Titan or an Eternal One.

Now, i know the cosmic forces are not equal. Arcane is weaker to Fel, and that's why Sargeras managed to beat the Titan Pantheon on his own. Void is, probably, stronger than Fel and, that's why Sargeras was afraid of it. The Void might have a weakness to Death Magic (hence, the fear of Alleria's whispers, from Sylvanas). All i'm saying is that Elune is, probably, on a Life pantheon level. So, you get the general idea of her power level.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    Oh and she created the Naarus.
    Seems, quite, unlikely, as the Light has existed for eons before the formation of the Moon (or, any moon). plus, the Moon, technically speaking, does not produce light. it reflects it from the Sun.

It would like be if the draenei thought that the naaru were linked to the light, and called them creatures of light despite the naaru not shimmering with the light, and never manipulating it or using it in any way.
    That's, exactly, what they are.

But the cosmic battle IS unbalanced. How many worlds have been scorched by the Legion, or consumed by the Void, or "cleansed" by the Light? The domain of Life is the weakest in the cosmos, it is no secret. 10.000 worlds at the very least have fallen to the Legion alone.

Rezan, Loa of Kings, strongest of the Loas and one of the strongest Wild Gods on Azeroth, was unceremoniously killed by Zul's grunts and defeated in a mere dungeon.

The new Loa of Kings, Bwonsamdi, is so weak that Sylvanas was confident that Nathanos and Sira would be enough to kill him.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haiyken View Post
    I think that because there is currently no information about the Winter Queen being linked to the Titans other than Ardenweald and the Emerald Dream being described as "opposite blooms connected to the same tree".

The only information we have about her sister is through the existence of Ysera, the green dragon being her "pet".

Ysera (and all dragonflights) are product of the Titans, through Eonar and keeper Freya.

The Emerald Dream is the realm of Ysera and was created by Freya (either from scratch or using a dream from Azeroth itself) to serve as the underlying blueprint for Azeroth, a world-sould/titan.

We have no information about the Winter Queen being a Titan.

If she's supposed to be the literal sister of Ysera's master/creator, she must be a Titan.

There is currently no Titan presence anywhere in the Shadowlands.

While Oribos has the type of architecture that could be linked to the Titans, nothing in the colors, symbols or shapes ressemble other titan facilities on Azeroth or even on Elunaria.

The only real link between the Shadowlands and the Titans is the fact that Odin stole a lot of things from Bastion, from Valkyrs to aspects of the archirecture, but there is no link here to Ardenweald of the Winter Queen.

All the information we have so far doesn't make it possible for the Winter Queen to be the literal sister of Eonar, wich is the most evident master/creator of Ysera the Winter Queen could refer to (Freya being the actual creator but being a titan construct).

I'm just trying to follow the facts we know about the existing lore.

I think it's the obvious explanation.

Any other explanation would require much more lore to be added (either about Elune (the other most likely candidate) or a new character we know nothing about and is somehow linked to Ysera).

EDIT : I'll add that the idea of "pet" could be that the Sister "adopted" Ysera as a pet and could refer to Elune. Ysera being one of her favorite creature in the cosmos. For all we know, she did take her personnally to the Shadowlands and left a constellation in her memory in the sky. I think it's even less literal than the game is explaining things and Elune being the Winter Queen's sister is not that obvious for me, as they don't seem to be on the same level at all.
    We will likely find out more soon. We literally only got sisters pet and it could mean couple of things I agree.

Thinking about the obvious tho.. the winter queen is part of the pantheon of death, I think there is a high change that these eternals are the titans of the shadowlands. But like you said we realy donw know shit and its scary to think about it because its easy to insert some headcanon here.

Eonar makes more sense if its true what I wrote, but speculations becomes boring with like zero info atm, so Il sit this one out and wait for more info.

3+ Year Old Account
    This is how Bwonsamdi became a Loa:
    "Long ago, Mueh'zala was the loa of the dead for all trolls, and he elevated Bwonsamdi from priest to loa."

Rastakhan being empowered by Bwonsamdi (by pleading to him):

Makes me wonder if Bwonsamdi could turn someone into a Loa.

Btw, Blizzard said that Elune is one of Azeroth's 'true' Deties, so take that how you will
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The Naaru shimmer with the light and manipulate it, hence the Draenei are correct in calling them creatures of the Light.

My example was if they didn't shimmer with the Light and didn't manipulate it, the Naaru then would not be creatures of the Light EVEN IF the Draenei called them such.

The whole point is that not all things are a certain way by virtue of characters in the world believing it so, since those characters can be wrong. The words that are coming out of characters aren't the words of Blizzard, they are the words of those characters that Blizzard writes.
    Could be.
    For example, Titan artifact research by the Dwarves, until we actually met them.

But the cosmic battle IS unbalanced. How many worlds have been scorched by the Legion, or consumed by the Void, or "cleansed" by the Light? The domain of Life is the weakest in the cosmos, it is no secret. 10.000 worlds at the very least have fallen to the Legion alone.

Rezan, Loa of Kings, strongest of the Loas and one of the strongest Wild Gods on Azeroth, was unceremoniously killed by Zul's grunts and defeated in a mere dungeon.

The new Loa of Kings, Bwonsamdi, is so weak that Sylvanas was confident that Nathanos and Sira would be enough to kill him.
    Maybe because the cosmic force of life is not an "evil" force. We've seen glimpses of their "evilness", though, with the Botani. We, currently, don't know how much planets they've conquered. But, looking at Draenor and the spirit of life taking hold over it, so Aggramar had to, literally, create a rival force there, is a bit indicative of their threat.

Currently, the cosmic force of life does look to be the weakest. But, that's because we haven't seen a Life Pantheon - just like Death was a weak cosmic force before the Shadowlands (Arthas and the Scourge being created by the Legion).

You can't compare her to existing Loas and Wild Gods. We'll have to wait for a Life-centered expansion, or something, to see how powerful they really are.

Lore is always added, and expanded on, as we go through different expansions. The Burning Legion was the ultimate evil, in the beginning. Then, it was changed to Void Lords. Now, it isn't even certain anymore. The Titans were the most powerful entities in the past yet, look at them now.

Power relations in WoW are blurry. The entities we meet are the most powerful, until the next expansion. That's gonna be the same with Elune. She's gonna be the most powerful entity of her expansion and, then she will be cast aside by, even, more powerful entities. The Titans can, literally, be the size of planets yet, a group of mortals managed to defeat them. That's the thing about WoW - one minute you're overpowered and the other, you're nerfed to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Thinking about the obvious tho.. the winter queen is part of the pantheon of death, I think there is a high change that these eternals are the titans of the shadowlands.
    Exactly.
    Like how Sargeras is a former Titan, changed to be a Titan of Fel - which, made him stronger.
    Eternal ones could, literally, be former Titans, imbued with Death (that's why they are, supposedly, stronger).

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post

Btw, Blizzard said that Elune is one of Azeroth's 'true' Deties, so take that how you will
    Don't you see the similarities of how they operate, though?
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-06 at 05:21 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    My theory is that Elune is one of the First Ones. I believe that there are three First Ones, each representing two cosmic forces. Elune would be the First One of Light and Void and then there would be one of Order and Disorder and one for Life and Death.

I'm betting we'll get a better understanding of where Elune stands within the cosmology chart and who the First Ones really are within this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    My theory is that Elune is one of the First Ones. I believe that there are three First Ones, each representing two cosmic forces. Elune would be the First One of Light and Void and then there would be one of Order and Disorder and one for Life and Death.

I'm betting we'll get a better understanding of where Elune stands within the cosmology chart and who the First Ones really are within this expansion.
    It's possible that the Winter Queen is the First One that relates to life and death. The Archon of Bastion refers to the Sire as "brother" and the Primus refers to the Jailer as "brother" but the Winter Queen refers to the Primus as "dear friend." This might suggest that she is of a different order to the others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post

Nah that'll be the next expansion - World of Warcraft: Let's Punch God! where we take the fight to Elune and whatever other forces make up the First one and deck 'em for messing stuff up so bad when people are just trying to live their lives.

After that will be World of Warcraft - Beyond the Fourth Wall where the denizens of Azeroth discover their universe is the plaything of beings so far beyond their comprehension they had to stop and really think to comprehend them. The first raid will be against Chriz Metzen in his home and Thrall will persuade him to join our side, the last raid will be Blizz HQ in Anaheim.

Then it's World of Warcraft - Shells of Corporations. Following a plea from Mike Morhaine we have to go discover the true source of evil. Starting at Davison and Associates, then moving on to Vivendi SA and finally ending up at Activision-Blizzard. After beating Bobby Kotick players on Mythic difficulty will end up facing the original Blizzard crew (including Mike and Chris) because they have more autonomy than we were led to believe and Activision were just a handy scapegoat.

Finally we get to the grand finale of the whole endeavour - World of Warcraft - Supplies of Demand. The heroes of Azeroth take the fight to the video game industry as a whole, identifying it as the reason their life has been a series of tragic episodes. Taking down Ubisoft, EA and Bethesda for starters, some of the other video game characters they recruit have a more grounded view of life in our world and the final boss of the entire thing is Capitalism. Portrayed as a giant gold man or something.

3+ Year Old Account
    Don't you see the similarities of how they operate, though?
    Elune isn't weakened if someone/thing destroys her shrines/temples?

- - - Updated - - -

Loa share a bond with their worshippers. Elune also has no physical form, or any that we've seen
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2021-01-06 at 05:28 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Elune isn't weakened if someone/thing destroys her shrines/temples?

- - - Updated - - -

Loa share a bond with their worshippers. Elune also has no physical form, or any that we've seen
    Hmmm... i didn't know they were weakened by it. I thought it was more about the amount of followers they had.

Elune doesn't share a bond with the Night elves, or her Priestesses of the Moon? It is said Shadowmeld was granted by Elune, Warden's blink is bestowed by Elune, and the Priestesses Lunar powers are, probably, from her.

It is implied, in the RPG, that she looks like a Night elf. Aessina doesn't have a physical form, either. She's a wisp.

Keep in mind that Elune had offspring with a Wild God, and her son was the father of druidism. Coupled with the fact that Elune's worshippers on Fyzandi also had strong druidic connections, it makes sense that Elune has a strong connection to druidism and, through that, Ysera, who is the one who bound the druids to the Emerald Dream in the first place. These elements are why I think Elune is the person that the Winter Queen was referring to, though I do not think that is sufficient to assume there is a life pantheon or that Elune is on it. There could be, however, and it's a cool theory!

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    The magic of Elune is shielding, burning fire, and healing. Sounds like Faith magic to me. That seems more like Pantheon of Light to me. If Priestess of Elune were all Druids that'd be another story. You don't see Tyrande turning into a Moonkin. If Tyrande, the highest of her order, doesn't have any grasp on Life magic, can we really say Elune's domain is Life? I think it's Faith - Light.
    Given that Malfurion was trained by Elune's son, and given that the only other worshippers of Elune we know of, from a separate planet, also practiced druidism, it seems probable to me that Elune is connected to druidism. I'm not sure where shielding and burning fire are coming from with regard to Elune, but I do agree she seems to be connected to other elements beyond just life (e.g. arcane), but I definitely think she has a life connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Yayeet View Post
    You forget the part that Elune turned Ysera into a constellation and then provided a new tears of Elune. It's definitely related to her.
    She didn't provide a new Tears of Elune. She cleansed the corrupted one that Xavius thrust into Ysera's body. If you watch the cinematic, you can clearly see the red corruption leave the relic. Cleansing the Nightmare's corruption makes her no more connected to it than Xavius is for being able to corrupt it in the first place.

There's no need to be ambiguous when Elune has demonstrated, in the creation of a new Tears of Elune, or the cleansing of the old, that is true.

They're definitely related to her because she seemed to have sway over them.

But Varodoc didn't bring this up in their original post, so I called them out because stating that something is a certain way because characters in the world believe it so isn't an argument. Unless you're talking about a Kal'Dorei researcher of the Tears of Elune but someone like that doesn't seem to exist AND EVEN THEN they might be misguided. Even a PRIESTESS of Elune is an unreliable narrator.

It would like be if the draenei thought that the naaru were linked to the light, and called them creatures of light despite the naaru not shimmering with the light, and never manipulating it or using it in any way.
    The Tears of Elune are part of the Pillars of Creation and as such were relics delivered by the Titans. I don't see any explicit connection between them and Elune beyond name. The fact she cleansed them doesn't make them anymore connected to her than the fact that Xavius corrupted them makes them connected to him. It does establish that they both have influence over the Nightmare/Dream, which makes sense given Cenarius' relationship with Elune and druidism. While it is possible that Elune created the Tears, then the titans found them, then the titans gave them to the Keepers, it seems equally plausible that the Tears were created by Eonar or Norgannon and, due to those titans' similarities to Elune (presiding over life and celestial magics respectively) were labeled the Tears of Elune by the Night Elves out of respect for their deity, as you originally theorized. All of the other Pillars are named for titans, and Eonar and Norgannon are the only two who do not have a relic within the Pillars. I'm not saying they're definitively not connected to her, but it seems more likely to me that they conform to the rest of the Pillars of Creation in their origin. As far as claiming that they're from Elune because Elune allegedly created Xe'ra and the tears succeeded in unlocking Light's Heart, Khadgar himself called it a crackpot theory, and the fact that his conclusion held is not sufficient to prove the hypothesis is true.

Wasn't Bwonsamdi a troll raised to loa? I don't think he could do it himself, since, as you already pointed out, loa are connected to followers, but it makes sense that he could help another troll replicate his feat.

Chicso remember that surely all the Powers of Maiev are given by Elune.
    He bone the blink. The ability to summon an avatar of darkness and to summon the spirits of the dead.
    Not to mention that Elune defends her people with his shadows.

And keep the latter in mind. The priestesses of Elune can use both Light and Shadow to hide. That rule that Light and Shadow cannot be together seems to or does matter to Elune. It is more I dare to say that in his religion the Darkness / emptiness is not an Evil entity.

Elune has shown that he masters all the fundamental powers except Chaos ... and I think it is rather something that he has not demonstrated yet.

In my belief Elune must be the Daughter of two gods of two pantones or something like that. She would say the Daughter of life and death.