Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    What are you talking about?

The plague of "toxic" 100% started from fanboys copycatting Phreak. A case of not thinking for themselves and is why we're at the point where "toxic" is used as a splash word for everything. Of course the WORD was used prior to 2011, but not like it is today and it started with commentary about League's tribunal system during LCS. Phreak used the word "toxic" over and over in commentary, people started with the memes of him being unable to pick a word other than "toxic" to describe crude behavior. Thus everything became toxic.

Sounds to me like you should look into it before commenting, clearly you're going off the cuff.. Mr TROLLHUNTER 3000
    Literally people in my high school, which was 2008, used the word toxic in exactly the same manner. But okay my guy, if you say so.

I mean shit, here's a definition from urban dictionary back in 2002. Fucking weird as fuck that you're so committed to this weird ass origin story of the meaning of a word.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Toxic

Toxic
    Used to describe a person who is tainted by a subconscious malevolence or psychosis that affects the lifes of those who come into contact with them.
    "Toxic-Mum"
    A mother that brings nothing but grief to the mental health of her children.
    by Peat Bog Man February 06, 2002
    Last edited by TrollHunter3000; 2021-01-06 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    That's partially my point. I always make a point of doing my research before I do a dungeon/raid and there's always still a learning curve. I'm not going to be happy about someone not knowing a dungeon/raid, but I'm also not going to hold it against them.
    It depends. If you go into a m0 in the beginning of the expansion then yes there is a huge learning curve. However, if you join a +11-15 key you are expected to at least know basic mechanics. In the case of the OP, the group members clearly didn't know how to interrupt (stun) Millhouse's girlfriend when she starts the AOE. In a +11 key that part of the learning curve should be over a long time ago and everyone should know the basic mechanics of each boss fight. Otherwise it's just disrespectful. If you're still on the very first part of the learning curve, then that's fine, but go join a +4 key then instead of a +11.

Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    there is normal.
    there is heroic.
    If you don't know the dungeon by +7 then wtf were you doing before?
    There is stuff that just doesnt happen/matter in lower Dungeons. Stuff you Ignore, or what doesnt happen in lower Dungeons can suddenly kill you the next level.
    If you can sit in a pool of Acid without a problem for ever, you dont know that you need to mind that suddenly at a certain point. Raging and Insulting people doesnt help in that case.

Yesterday HoA +10, the endboss did skills we had never seen before. Furthermore, maybe the player didnt go +2 +3 +4 or +5 because he never got a key?

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    That's partially my point. I always make a point of doing my research before I do a dungeon/raid and there's always still a learning curve. I'm not going to be happy about someone not knowing a dungeon/raid, but I'm also not going to hold it against them.
    Yea, you can read up as much as you want, there are alot of people who need to Experience stuff.
    But there is the flipside: Usually if you dont know something, you dont neccessary know that you dont know it.
    If I run a Dungeon in Normal, then Heroic, than Mythic, then any M+, its a safe bet that people would think they know the dungeon.
    Even if certain skills didnt appear, or were ignored because they dont do shit on that level. There were no problems up to +6, why would anyone read up a specific guide at that point?

My point is:
    If you invite some random to your Group, or join a Pug, you can only trust yourself/the people you know, to know stuff.

You are going to get 7 pages of stop pugging. Whether you are being toxic or not you are finding exactly what I found as tank... people don't know boss mechanics but think because they faceroll a mythic 0, the same will be for a +11... I have one suggestion for you OP, if you plan to continue down this masochistic route, you need to go over this shit with every group BEFORE you start the key. One of 2 things will happen, they will cut you off saying they know (Great!) or they will thank you, still fail but do much better than they would have w/o your explanation.

I won't pug keys on Tyrannical week anymore this xpac, only took a couple of those weeks to see people don't have any accountability in pugs.
    .. lol and I won't run a Mists w/o asking DO YOU ALL KNOW HOW TO DO THE MAZE?!?>

GL OP!

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    .. lol and I won't run a Mists w/o asking DO YOU ALL KNOW HOW TO DO THE MAZE?!?>
    There is actually a big chance that some people just wait for others to solve it not actually understanding what they are looking for

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    There is stuff that just doesnt happen/matter in lower Dungeons. Stuff you Ignore, or what doesnt happen in lower Dungeons can suddenly kill you the next level.
    If you can sit in a pool of Acid without a problem for ever, you dont know that you need to mind that suddenly at a certain point. Raging and Insulting people doesnt help in that case.

Yesterday HoA +10, the endboss did skills we had never seen before. Furthermore, maybe the player didnt go +2 +3 +4 or +5 because he never got a key?

Yea, you can read up as much as you want, there are alot of people who need to Experience stuff.
    But there is the flipside: Usually if you dont know something, you dont neccessary know that you dont know it.
    If I run a Dungeon in Normal, then Heroic, than Mythic, then any M+, its a safe bet that people would think they know the dungeon.
    Even if certain skills didnt appear, or were ignored because they dont do shit on that level. There were no problems up to +6, why would anyone read up a specific guide at that point?

My point is:
    If you invite some random to your Group, or join a Pug, you can only trust yourself/the people you know, to know stuff.
    I agree with this. Plus affixes. Doing an M+ on tyrannical vs fortified is a huge difference. Then all the other affixes can completely change certain fights. Spiteful on those smaller platforms in ToP was a fun surprise that I didn't think abt.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Literally people in my high school, which was 2008, used the word toxic in exactly the same manner. But okay my guy, if you say so.

I mean shit, here's a definition from urban dictionary back in 2002. Fucking weird as fuck that you're so committed to this weird ass origin story of the meaning of a word.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Toxic
    I do not care if you believe me or not. You're just grasping at anything to feel like you're right.
    "O well the word toxic originated in the mid-seventeenth century from the medieval Latin toxicus,"
    "O Britney, bitch, had the song toxic in 2003, hehe, you're sooo wrong."
    THE FAD started with Phreak, with the tribunal of League in 2011.

What's next on you bucket list? Bottle flipping?
    "O BOTTLE FLIPPING HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE BOTTLES WERE INVENTED IN 1973 AND I'VE BEEN FLIPPING THEM IN MY DAD'S BALLS SINCE THEN."
    Totally neglecting the FAD starting in 2016.

Why do i bother, you're clearly dumber than rocks.
    Infracted;
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-01-07 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Spiteful on those smaller platforms in ToP was a fun surprise that I didn't think abt.
    Try with those Whirlwinds, thats annoying. ^^

please don't queue for higher keys unless you know all the mechanics/kicks/etc

thanks

If you want to improve, mythictrap is very useful

I just had a +10 halls where a hunter didn't know he had to stand in the red circle on first boss and got perma-feared, complaining in party chat the whole time

I do not care if you believe me or not. You're just grasping at anything to feel like you're right.
    "O well the word toxic originated in the mid-seventeenth century from the medieval Latin toxicus,"
    "O Britney, bitch, had the song toxic in 2003, hehe, you're sooo wrong."
    THE FAD started with Phreak, with the tribunal of League in 2011.

What's next on you bucket list? Bottle flipping?
    "O BOTTLE FLIPPING HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE BOTTLES WERE INVENTED IN 1973 AND I'VE BEEN FLIPPING THEM IN MY DAD'S BALLS SINCE THEN."
    Totally neglecting the FAD starting in 2016.

Why do i bother, you're clearly dumber than rocks.
    You made the claim that was the first time it was used in that manner. You were proven wrong. Now you're mad as fuck about it and look dumb as fuck.
    Infracted
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2021-01-07 at 03:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    You made the claim that was the first time it was used in that manner. You were proven wrong. Now you're mad as fuck about it and look dumb as fuck.
    hmmmm did i?

Just so EVERYONE knows.... the word "Toxic" in gaming started with Phreak from League of Legends. He used it once in commentary after the tribunal video was released in May2011 and the word since rose in popularity when players are "unpleasant." I refuse to use toxic in this matter.

I said toxic to my neighbor who does not speak english primarily, in reference to another neighbor. The whole conversation they thought i was saying someone is poisoned.
    They literally thought someone was dying instead of being a slob. Sometimes it's better to just say what you mean, instead of what is popular...
    When did i say it was the FIRST time? Where was i proven wrong?

Calling you dumb as rocks is not being mad, just an observation that you don't understand how trends work. As expected, you're a troll, a terrible one at that.

hmmmm did i?

When did i say it was the FIRST time? Where was i proven wrong?

Calling you dumb as rocks is not being mad, just an observation that you don't understand how trends work. As expected, you're a troll, a terrible one at that.
    the word "Toxic" in gaming started with Phreak
    You seem to not understand what the word "start" means.

M+ is turning people into toxic assholes is a feature, not a bug.

M+ and the player created systems surrounding it has for the first time allowed good players to somewhat reliable determine and filter out the bad players.
    This has resulted that the bad players have it much more difficult to get free carries which turns them in toxic crybabies.

M+ turning bad players in to toxic crybabies is a feature, not a bug

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Uhh, you are responsible to inform yourself about the dungeon. I am not talking about mistakes, I am talking about actually not knowing stuff. If you join a +11 it is expected from you to know whats going on. I had a resto druid in a +14 DoS that was "focusing on his dps", while the hybrids had to stop dpsing and cast heals to not die without a SINGLE hot on them. People like this do not deserve a friendly reminder, they deserve to be told to stop trolling and not waste the time of other human beings.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh, its the healers job to diffuse bombs? And why would you need to stack for the AoE, if that goes through you already fucked up earlier. Since you seem to not know that, I kinda dont believe that you did "everything properly".
    FYI Shadowfury doesn't come right at the start of the AOE. She usually gets 2-3 ticks of rocket barrage before millhouse casts it. So asking people to stack for heals during it is totally fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidisko View Post
    Ive read many times that wow community is very toxic, but what does toxicity even mean?

For me Toxic players are the ones that are blaming everyone for failing and ruining player experience on purpose. ( leaving groups without purpose, be mean, blaming everyone and just cry)
    So, are you blaming them?

What is your opinion?
    As per usual, this is only one side of the story and I rather not judge who is right and who is wrong.

My general opinion is that WoW is a big melting of players from various backgrounds, skill, experience, expectations etc. So matching all these players together can and does cause issues. Who is too blame is never clear since sometime both can have valid point of view from their perspective and it just unfortunate they were matched together.

I would say just move on. As long as people have more positive experiences than negative experience, don't let it bother you too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    FYI Shadowfury doesn't come right at the start of the AOE. She usually gets 2-3 ticks of rocket barrage before millhouse casts it. So asking people to stack for heals during it is totally fair enough.

Exactly, i have already mentioned few times, its not a healer job to diffuse everything when something is at your feet, that is what teamplay is.
    Last edited by Fidisko; 2021-01-14 at 07:09 AM.

No. Kick bads and move on to the next group. Even if you have all the time in the world OP, that's not enough to worry about shouldering the burden of teaching the entire community or giving them chance after chance while they fail. They need to gitgud.. ideally on their own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Uhh, you are responsible to inform yourself about the dungeon. I am not talking about mistakes, I am talking about actually not knowing stuff. If you join a +11 it is expected from you to know whats going on. I had a resto druid in a +14 DoS that was "focusing on his dps", while the hybrids had to stop dpsing and cast heals to not die without a SINGLE hot on them. People like this do not deserve a friendly reminder, they deserve to be told to stop trolling and not waste the time of other human beings.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhh, its the healers job to diffuse bombs? And why would you need to stack for the AoE, if that goes through you already fucked up earlier. Since you seem to not know that, I kinda dont believe that you did "everything properly".
    For aoe stacking are u serious? Probably you dont know the boss fight, next time you going to critisize me rather make sure you know the boss fight. If she is going to cast aoe sometimes is ticks at least 3 times before she get shadowfury stun. Thats why the stack is so important.

Helo,

Ive read many times that wow community is very toxic, but what does toxicity even mean?

For me Toxic players are the ones that are blaming everyone for failing and ruining player experience on purpose. ( leaving groups without purpose, be mean, blaming everyone and just cry)

Yesterday i went 2x Mythic +11, i did buy flask/food, have correct talents and know each boss and trash mechanics and i know my job not to fail the group.
    Because there are 4 more people who probably dont have all the time like me in the world and want to have things done. So its my responsibility for them as well to do as much as i can, not to fail.

And for me this is common sense. Now my experience from yesterday is that ppl didnt know tactics at all at the Other side Manastorm fight, me as a Healer deffused all the bombs, soak 2 crystals and they didnt stack on the Aoe from Malificient and im told them after wipe that im doing everything yet they have clearly no idea what to do here. DPS left and the group blamed me that he did because of me, because why am i even writing something?

its like are people really getting offended so easily? I did 150% job at the fight yet they did 50% so should i just be quiet and wipe?

Today same, 2/5 people had no idea what to do at +11, when i ask them why not read jornal before making/joining a group, im blamed that im taking the game really seriously and just "chill bruh". Ok i was quiet we wiped 5 times at one boss due to same mistakes, then i left.

For me, this is not toxicity but taking responsibily for your own actions and be responsible to the group members as well, and im not gonna carry someone else because he cant click dungeon journal and read 2 senteces. From my perspective they are toxic, they are ruining the group experience and blaming others attitude because they cannot admit they simply failed the boss,dungeon whatever and learn from it

What is your opinion?

Thanks
    Apologies if already this answer but for me Toxic behaviour can come down to how you express yourself.

"Guys im doing all the work you clearly dont know what you're doing"
    "n00bs do mechanics its not hard idiots"
    "wow you guys are so bad. I did everything"
    "sorry my healing could have been higher but it didnt look like anyone was dealing with bombs or soaking so i had to focus on that to prevent wipes, can someone else help me with it this time?"

For me only really the 4th response fits into being "non-toxic". The 1st one is o.k. but people arent going to respond well to it.
    I think leaving a Mythic key without chatting about it is always toxic. Even if you said the 4th response maybe the DPS leave anyway.

Hope above is helpful. Good luck.