Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I tried doing layer 1 on my ilvl 203 MM hunter. Had essentially no trouble clearing up the first 11 floors and first boss. But at floor 12 I hit a brick wall with arch-suppressor laguas. Problem was that his casts hit extremely hard (about 15k) and he spams it very often while my interrupt is at 24 second cooldown. Tried trapping, soaking casts with turtle but in the end I ended up wiping and losing my lives.

Hope Blizzard tunes the bosses.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    To me twisting corridors just looks like optional challenge there are only 4 rewards total a pet, a toy a title a mount and all that to do scailing floors up to 144 layers
    For me personally it's not my cup of tea and i'm not interested in doing that but for whoever it is designed for and they are looking a challenge for the sake of challenge i hope they like this content

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadgear View Post
    To me twisting corridors just looks like optional challenge there are only 4 rewards total a pet, a toy a title a mount and all that to do scailing floors up to 144 layers
    For me personally it's not my cup of tea and i'm not interested in doing that but for whoever it is designed for and they are looking a challenge for the sake of challenge i hope they like this content
    It's kind if to grindy tbh... I've only done 5 layers so far and if you know what you are doing and have decent gear it's more tedious then challenging.

I don't get blizzards fixation with forcing people to do every layer. Simply allows us to skip to the last 2-3 to do the different torments and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadgear View Post
    Agree. If not for ash and quests, I wouldn't be in Torghast at all. It's such a massive waste of time for such a little reward.

That said, after reading this, I'm looking forward (just a bit) to try the corridors. So far, regular Torghast was quite easy, even with very papery builds I was running on my WW.

Why are people here complaining that its too hard? I just facerolled it as arms warrior solo all night and got my layer 8 achievement and mount less than an hour ago. Maybe just get good? My gear is only 207. I'm not a hardcore raider or m+ runner.

For the record, I consistently did over 1 million DPS on the floor 18 boss. Just pick better anima powers maybe?

BTW The powers that give a strong offensive buff but nerf "nature damage and healing" or "shadow damage and healing", if you are concerned about the healing nerf part, its only if the school of the spell itself is the school of the tooltip. So like a druid's rejuvenation would be affected by "nature damage and healing" but not by "fire damage and healing", so if you run a physical damage class you can pick up all those powers with no issue. just make sure not to pick up a power that nerfs your damage too.
    Last edited by Ssateneth; 2021-01-06 at 02:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    Whats your ilvl?

my 209 Balance Druid didnt have any issues till llayer 6
    202 but I mean it's going to be 100% up to rng how far you get. If you get enough hp and dmg it will be fine but if not gear isn't to the point that it will make that difference up. To do these we're talking about people doing hundred's of thousands of dps to possibly even more to layer 8 which means it has little to do with ilvl which was my original point. Will it help yea but Still going to be up to how many insane dmg and hp increases do you get. The issue I ran into on my failed run was there wasn't enough hp boosts so I barely had more than without torghast.

But as I said its more about the rng of what you get than ilvl which is a big issue with this. It's not like there's another 100-200 ilvl out there for you to get The differences in ilvl are pretty minor once you have bis lego and 200 ilvl for this as it depends on what you get so much because of the insane hp of the bosses.

It doesn't shock me that they put a another massive road block on helping the maw not be terrible.

Another way to think about this early on you maybe limited by gear but past a early layers but to keep going with massive dmg needs of the higher layers it's 100% up rng on what you get. There just isn't enough ilvl in the game to do this without the just right rng of powers which is the main issue here. Being the best geared in the game you can be right now isn't going to make a difference in the 500k-1million dps you'll need later to kill the bosses without somehow getting 500k+ hp that's 100% up to the rng of powers you get.
    Last edited by fear; 2021-01-06 at 02:45 PM.

I cleared the tower at 194 ilvl. Its not a magetower type of challenge, its more a challenge of patience and mistakes.
    I had fun doing it, but I don't think I'm going to do level 2 until next week. Definitely left me burnt out after the 45m to hour it took to complete.

Twisting Corridors is currently bugged anyway, at least on my realm (TN EU). Kicks me out after 1 minute saying I have been removed from the group.

Got to floor 18 as 202 MM hunter with 0 deaths. Exhausted all my deaths to Binder Baritas because Soul Echoes was hitting me for 20k a hit even though I dodged all the purple.

Switched to BM (ilvl 201) and beat it. Got lucky with easy bosses.

Cleared layer 1 as aff warlock. Pet had over 800k health and my single target dps was 25k.

It was boring as fuck. I tried Layer 2 but after few easy mobs I just didn't want to waste another hour collecting powers from easy content to be able to climb to highest layer.
    They should make it so that you can take any layer you want.

twisting floors is to keep people dreaming they can mount up in the maw, when in reality by the time you get the mount you will barely have a reason left to go to the maw.

so i guess it's for people who want sockets on alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    twisting floors is to keep people dreaming they can mount up in the maw, when in reality by the time you get the mount you will barely have a reason left to go to the maw.

so i guess it's for people who want sockets on alts.
    It isn't likely to occur if you min max and are one of the unlucky ones whose bis relic comes from renowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Layer 1 twisting corridors start are about as easy as Layer 1 regular wings...

The later floors of it is maybe like layer 3-4...bosses were the easiest ones. Fire Mage solo.
    Well, I must've gotten unlucky, because my floor 13-18 range was hitting harder than the normal layer 8 guys do. Non-elite kyrians doing their leap for 50%+ of my (double normal) health, for example. I'd have had more health, except the only health buff I got was the spiced mawrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Listen I'm not earths best player or best geared, but I play BM Hunter, have for 15 years, and my gear is like 188. So its not like I'm in greens.

Went into Twisting, started totally trivial, floor 12 boss was pretty hard.. had to do a few turtle/pet res combos, okay sure, floor 13 trash, first pull, ate me alive 5 deaths in 5 minutes. I was like, am I on a different layer here or something?

That floor to floor scaling seemed whack to me. The Elite Trash suddenly spawned in pairs, chain feared, and had 500k health. I mean i had like 40 anima powers at that point but dead is dead and you cant play much defense against that.

So like 1) is that what people are seeing and 2) this is "for" people in Raid Gear or higher to even have a hope? On layer _one_?
    Cleared layer one on my 175 BM hunter with few issues. The last boss I had to pet rez a few times but it wasnt too bad. Although I think that the 2nd layer will probably be beyond its gear. Will do it on my Warlock tonight whos geared much better.

Without having done it yet, 188 ilvl is really low though. I would hope it's a challenge at that low ilvl, otherwise it would be a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Well, I must've gotten unlucky, because my floor 13-18 range was hitting harder than the normal layer 8 guys do. Non-elite kyrians doing their leap for 50%+ of my (double normal) health, for example. I'd have had more health, except the only health buff I got was the spiced mawrats.
    No idea what class you are. But I spoke from fire mage perspective. At the later layers I have so many tools so nothing can touch me and if they do have barriers for insane mitigation + alter time and regain health when dropping lown etc etc.

They are definitely tuned higher than 3-4 but you also have way more power. Which is why I gave the rating I did
    Error 404 - Signature not found

i hope it does not get nerfed ... i mean if every content blizzard makes a little bit hard gets nerfed after first day of forum cries ....

get some gear if you want the COSMETIC ONLY rewards

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Other sources say there are huge issues with some specs.

Class discords aren't the end all be all on what works/doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot the part that is risght spec that has god like anima powers and not a spec with horrible powers.

- - - Updated - - -

OF course. You play a OP spec with great anima powers. Try a crappy spec that has horrible anima powers once. Guarantee you won't be saying that

- - - Updated - - -

Those with tank specs and ones that have god like anima powers. Try a crappy spec with horrible anima powers.
    Yeah specs have issues. Thats not the same as what i said.

All specs can do layer 1 atm without issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Why are people here complaining that its too hard? I just facerolled it as arms warrior solo all night and got my layer 8 achievement and mount less than an hour ago. Maybe just get good? My gear is only 207. I'm not a hardcore raider or m+ runner.

For the record, I consistently did over 1 million DPS on the floor 18 boss. Just pick better anima powers maybe?
    You are playing a ez-mode spec. Try a crappy one and see if you can do the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Yeah specs have issues. Thats not the same as what i said.

All specs can do layer 1 atm without issues.
    That is provably wrong. Specs do have issues, especially ones with crappy anima powers like BM hunter.

As I posted in another thread, this is an expansion feature. It’s not meant to be cleared in 1 day and it’s not meant to be cleared fast. It offers cosmetics, as well as a guaranteed mount drop from a lot of hard work that you can also get from being super lucky every other week in the Maw for a lot less effort put into it.
    Yes, it’s difficult. It’s supposed to be. It also seems like the best way to do this right now is with a group. I would advise against a group of 5 and stick to sizes of 2-3 tops due to scaling.