10+ Year Old Account
    Aw shit... she is saying this to her rapist:

https://twitter.com/ejeancarroll/sta...93402435014658

Quote Originally Posted by “E. Jean Carroll”
    I survived Donald Trump! So will America!

@realDonaldTrump
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

The question is not if the US will survive Trump, but if it will survive the combined effects of Trump and Biden.

Trump and republicans have done a substantial amount of damage, but I fully expect Biden and dems to do some serious repair work over the next few years.

I doubt they'll do everything I'd like, but Trump has been such an enormous disaster that we'll likely spend decades fixing everything. It's going to, unfortunately, occupy a lot of our time.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Might want to put me on ignore for...well...months.
    No. Your numbers are the most significant posts here on MMOC. I look around for numbers that are as accurate as yours, along with your explanations of what the numbers are about. No one has coverage of this as good as yours. Not even close.

When 9 or 10pm EST rolls around each night, I make sure to check out your numbers and explanations. It helps makes sense of all the other headlines and events happening in this country and in the world. And it's a daily reminder to stay safe.
    Last edited by Omega10; 2021-01-06 at 08:06 AM.

Well, Trump has been for 2 months now trying to force himself on America, after she said no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    The question is not if the US will survive Trump, but if it will survive the combined effects of Trump and Biden.
    She was raped by Trump, who put America on trial, instead of him self. Then, when courts overruled the DOJ from replacing Trump as the defendant, with America, Trump’s DOJ is appealing. Something tells me, that on January 20th, US will no longer be asked to stand trial for Trump’s rape...

With Biden, America isn’t going to be on trial for Trump’s rape... so there is no combined effect... Trump is special...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Pro-Trump protestors clash with reality as...

(checks headline)

Pro-Trump protestors clash with police as Pence prepares for the third most awkward day in his life, behind the one time he had to stop alone for a bathroom break and the only people working the restaurant were women, and "Yes, Mr. Trump, I agree to be your Vice-President".

Quite frankly, if you're trying to convince Pence to do the right thing, attacking the police isn't the way to go about swaying someone who still believes in "the Party of Law and Order BONG-BONG". Granted, neither is robbing a churcn and destroying property, but that happened a while ago.

Now, I predict Pence will have time to think it over. There are some Party of Trump Senators and Representatives who wil refuse to certify the results, leading to mandatory votes. Pence doesn't have to read the envelopes today. He merely gets to sit in his chair and watch, as the party he intentionally, willfully signed up to be the second-in-command of, directly attacks democracy through threats, violence, literally never-before-seen acts of political obstruction, and conspiracy theories splashed on Twitter by his boss. And he'll have time, quiet time alone in his head, to come to the realization "I helped do this, this is my fault".

"Whoa, I thought you said the rabid fanbase were immune to self-reflection and loaded with nothing by hypocrites, cowards, and internet trolls!"

I did. Pence isn't a member of the rabid fanbase. I don't even think he's really a Party of Trump member. His job was always to point Trump in the Republican's direction, an asset Trump couldn't remove whose name and role meant something. A job he has failed so spectacularly, it can be seen from Space Force. We've seen plenty of Republicans -- Kasich, Sasse, @Skroe and so on -- who fully admit their party is being corrupted by Trump, sometimes to the point of fleeing. Republicans are capable of self-reflection. Republicans are capable of common sense and judgement, even if a lot of us disagree with their conclusions.

Pence is a Republican. From his chair in the Senate, he is overseeing the --

Yeah. That.

EDIT: Um, start at 1:54, the clip I linked was timestamped but that didn't work for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh man...even joking, I didn't think this would happen.

As reported by the NYTimes and the Associated Press, nobody less than Glorious Leader Kim Jong Un actually admitted failure.

Wow.

So North Korea's dictator god actually accepted that he'd failed in his mission, more than Donald Trump.

I've posted my share of "XXX might be bad, but at least he's not Trump levels of bad" over four years. Expect more as the Senate bullshit happens. Not once did I expect legit dictators to be on that list.

Never put Trump on camera trying to pronounce country names... it never goes well... add America to countries he mispronounced:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1346298561194024961
    He probably just watches too much tv

Just saw on the news today that D.C.'s mayor is warning people to stay away from the violent """protesters""" that will be swarming D.C. crying to overturn our democratic election and instill their pet dictator.

I remember my dad mocking me when I criticized Trump building barricades around the white house, saying "oh yeah, like he's going to just RALLY HIS SUPPORTERS and have to be dragged out of the white house by force, lolololol."

Fuck this timeline. Fuck fuck fuck...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    As much as I hate Trump, but watching the rally right now: is there a more disgusting human being than Don Jr. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Republicans are capable of self-reflection. Republicans are capable of common sense and judgement, even if a lot of us disagree with their conclusions.

Pence is a Republican. From his chair in the Senate, he is overseeing the --
    If a new party comes out of this that actually holds those values, something good might have come from this disaster. But I think they should get a new name. Distance themselves from this mess.
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Comey raises an interesting point. I happen to disagree with it, but I think it merits discussion.

Should Biden's DoJ pursue a clear road map of illegal actions by Donald Trump and prosecute him?

Comey says no.

the mission of the next attorney general must be fostering the trust of the American people
    I believe Comey's statement about "trust" means that bringing the country back together requires Republicans and the rabid fanbase to see that Biden and the Democrats want to move forward working for the country, and to act on present and future issues rather than past ones.

I see and respect his point. I also disagree with it substantially.

1) If we normalize Trump's behavior, we are complicit when it happens again.

2) I'm willing to forgive things like "someone scratched my car in the parking lot" but there is a level beyond which my forgiveness comes to an end. "Attempting to overthrow democracy in America" puts you well past that, and Trump did it twice.

3) Republicans are willing to compromise and see reason, but the rabid fanbase is not. Nothing will appease them. Throwing them a bone just gives them a taste for blood.

4) Trump threatened Clinton to her face on live TV to prosecute her, and did so to massive applause. It would only be fair to apply the same standards. Yes, I am aware the rabid fanbase things "hypocrisy" is how Shakira dances, but at some point, "you asked for this" is a fair response, even to people who are suddenly on the other side of their own issue.

ANd of course

5) It's almost moot, Biden doesn't need to lift a finger. Even if there aren't dozens/hundreds of whistleblowers counting the seconds to Jan 20th, NYState is waiting eagerly. "Our knives have been extra sharpened for this," they'll say, "we had nothing better to do because of the COVID outbreak you directly caused."

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    As much as I hate Trump, but watching the rally right now: is there a more disgusting human being than Don Jr. ?
    Which Jr.? I know of two of them between his three wives and uncountable mistresses/victims.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Which Jr.? I know of two of them between his three wives and uncountable mistresses/victims.
    The Donald one.

I believe Comey's statement about "trust" means that bringing the country back together requires Republicans and the rabid fanbase to see that Biden and the Democrats want to move forward working for the country, and to act on present and future issues rather than past ones.
    How did we handle the division after the civil war, actually? I mean to start, Lee actually admitted defeat and surrendered. I'm saying if we can actually get past that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw on the news today that D.C.'s mayor is warning people to stay away from the violent """protesters""" that will be swarming D.C. crying to overturn our democratic election and instill their pet dictator.
    Of course. When the clashes turn violent (reads news) more violent, innocent people and nonviolent protestors don't need to be in the figurative or literal line of fire.

Some of these rabid fanbase cultists are looking to get shot.

- - - Updated - - -

How did we handle the division after the civil war, actually?
    The 1876 national election and fallout thereof. It's a big part of American history, and right about now, even non-Americans should browse the details.

- - - Updated - - -

Which Jr.?
    "junior" is a suffix added to a given/family name pair that matches their father. The only "junior" is Donald Trump Junior. Eric is not "junior" because his name does not match.

If you do it twice in a row, the next one is "Donald Trump III" which uses Roman numerals for some reason. It is not "junior junior" unfortunately.

The 1876 national election and fallout thereof. It's a big part of American history, and right about now, even non-Americans should browse the details.
    So if Trumpers are actually citing that as precedent,

What compromise would THEY want to appease them?

Yeah @Breccia fuck that... there cannot be trust in the government if they are not prosecuting corruption and illegal actions, throwing the book at people, even if it’s the fucking Ex-President. You want trust? Show us that no one is above the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if Trumpers are actually citing that as precedent,
    Oh, they aren't. I was answering you, not them. The rabid fanbase is a cult, there is no appeasing them except by doing whatever Trump wants. Comey's suggestion was along the lines of the 1876 situation.

Comey is one of the biggest reasons we even had to deal with Trump as the 45th, so screw him.

Yes, I know it's easy for his base to spin Trump as a Martyr, but Trump has crossed so many lines and made Watergate look like a joke, that just to actually withhold rule of law and so that we don't actually have competent dictators-in-the-making eventually come in and use Trump's actions as a new baseline, he 100% should be investigated and incriminated with sufficient evidence.

It's actually a lot easier to just pardon/ignore Trump but ultimately is the worse decision to make.

On a separate note, are there precautions taken so he and his family can't flee the country yet?