Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Blizzard is literaly rigging the system

So,I was playing some hs....the first 8-9 ish games they were ALL vs evolve shaman,it felt rather ridiculous

I made an anti evolve shaman deck....and i shit you not,im going on 10+ games.....ZERO EVOLVE SHAMANS...

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Literally.

I am not sure that word means what you think it means.

Hilarious coincidence though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've noticed this too, many times. Just last time I was playing with a greedy deck that destroys pretty much all slower decks, but I kept getting mostly aggro matchups. Like 95% of opponents were aggro. The moment I started to edit the deck to be more of an aggro-counter instead, I didn't see a single aggro deck after that. The moment I reverted the changes, aggro decks were back. Then I just went to battlegrounds instead.

And it has not only hapened when revamping the whole deck, but many times when I added a simple counter to something that was present every match, there was nothing to counter anymore after it. (Like secrets or weapons)

So I do believe the matchmaking also takes into account what decks people are playing somewhat, to give both players a good chance of winning. It's understandable, but it makes editing decks and tuning them against the meta pointless.

Granted I've never been to legend, so there's a more wide variety of decks outside that, so might also just be incredibly unlucky.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2021-01-06 at 03:50 PM.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

They are actually.

The matchmaking system tries to keep you at around 50% win rate so if you win too much, it's gonna match you against counters.
    It's really easy to prove too. Just play one deck ranked around 1000 times and see how many times you match VS your counter. Then look up how many players play that deck overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's always like that I guess.
    But yeah Evolve shamans are really mean to returning players.
    I really hate the fact blizzard forces me to play ranked to get XP
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    And it has not only hapened when revamping the whole deck, but many times when I added a simple counter to something that was present every match, there was nothing to counter anymore after it.
    This so much! For example, I used to get jade druids a lot when playing wild so I added the geist to my deck. Thousands of games, not a single jade druid. The moment I remove it, they start appearing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    They are actually.

The matchmaking system tries to keep you at around 50% win rate so if you win too much, it's gonna match you against counters.
    It's really easy to prove too. Just play one deck ranked around 1000 times and see how many times you match VS your counter. Then look up how many players play that deck overall.
    If you think that is true you clearly have no idea how such systems work. Blizzard would have to actually obtain your cards as parameters taken into account during matchmaking - I assure you that is not the case.

What you said about striving to keep everyone at a 50% win ratio is true tho. Each time you win a game, you are going to get matched with players that have also won more games. This in turn will cause you to play against players that are playing highest win ratio meta decks.

Many complex algorithms were written for such gameplay systems that are used in the industry.

going on 17 games now with zero evolve,this isnt coincidence,this is blatant

I guess I didn't realize people played the game too seriously anymore, I only play it on my phone while taking a shit. But I too have noticed the same thing that every time I get a deck built to counter the same damn deck I seem to face over and over again and then when I have a decent counter to it... bam no longer see those decks.

Quote Originally Posted by LoreFreak View Post
    If you think that is true you clearly have no idea how such systems work. Blizzard would have to actually obtain your cards as parameters taken into account during matchmaking - I assure you that is not the case.

What you said about striving to keep everyone at a 50% win ratio is true tho. Each time you win a game, you are going to get matched with players that have also won more games. This in turn will cause you to play against players that are playing highest win ratio meta decks.

Many complex algorithms were written for such gameplay systems that are used in the industry.
    They have deck code which has that information already.

Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    They are actually.

This kind of ignores the fact that the meta shifts regularly. Furthermore, the meta shifts even more as you get higher up the ladder. It is possible that they're matching you against your counter? I guess. Do I think they need to? No, I think the community switches decks enough that it isn't necessary for Blizzard to do anything other than matchmake you against people of similar rank.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    It literally is a coincidence. Blizzard isn't messing with you.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Literally.

I am not sure that word means what you think it means.

Hilarious coincidence though.
    OP can't even spell it. You expect them to comprehend it?
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

It's likely RNG. You know, the backbone of Hearthstone?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LoreFreak View Post
    How can you assure anyone that this isn't the case? Why wouldn't it be the case? Don't get me wrong, I've got a reply a few posts up suggesting that I don't think they do this, but why on Earth are you so confident that they're not doing it?

Before you queue for a game, your deck is already picked. The 30 cards you have in your deck is a tiny amount of data and it would be trivial to pass that data onto the matchmaking functions. I'm not going to presume to have any idea how they handle their matchmaking (I see no reason that they wouldn't just match you against someone at or near your rank), but, as I said, it would be a trivial matter to pass your deck onto the matchmaking system if that's what they wanted to do.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2021-01-06 at 04:24 PM.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by leadsop View Post
    op can't even spell it. You expect them to comprehend it?
    rude! >_< ლ(`ー´ლ)..

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I guess I didn't realize people played the game too seriously anymore, I only play it on my phone while taking a shit. But I too have noticed the same thing that every time I get a deck built to counter the same damn deck I seem to face over and over again and then when I have a decent counter to it... bam no longer see those decks.
    You have to keep in mind that there are thousands of people playing similar decks, getting tired of counters, and constantly switching. I haven't played Hearthstone in a year or two now but, when I did play, the meta decks would shift on a weekly basis, if not faster. Meta shifts can very easily be the reason you no longer see those decks.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Everything is rigged, from packs to matchmaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It literally is a coincidence. Blizzard isn't messing with you.
    ....holy crap....guess what?after 20 ish games of ZERO ele shaman with the anti shaman deck (how is ity even posible?zero on 20 ish games? i switched to a different class....and guess whats the first deck i run in to???? EVOLVE FUCKING SHAMAN.....nope nope....this is 200% proof this is rigged....my first 7-8 games were all against evolve,once i made priest anti evolve...no shaman in 20 games?and the second i swap...boom evolve???gtfo

7+ Year Old Account
    ....holy crap....guess what?after 20 ish games of ZERO ele shaman with the anti shaman deck (how is ity even posible?zero on 20 ish games? i switched to a different class....and guess whats the first deck i run in to???? EVOLVE FUCKING SHAMAN.....nope nope....this is 200% proof this is rigged....my first 7-8 games were all against evolve,once i made priest anti evolve...no shaman in 20 games?and the second i swap...boom evolve???gtfo
    Assuming you are speaking truth and not shitposting, of course.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Assuming you are speaking truth and not shitposting, of course.
    i wish it was a joke....i havent been this mad from a video game in a long ass time