Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brm monks apparently. I 2 or 3 shot last boss om floor 18. Spent a few seconds in combat

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Dude literally I'm talking about layer 1, for the quest. So no, you're wrong.
    The quests also tell you to go do the raid. But unless you wait weeks and weeks you won't be able to just go on and clear it no problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The masochists.

by the time you get the mount off Layer 8 the Maw would be completely redundant to you.
    I mean it never will be, cause you cAn use to to upgrade your conduits. And get sockets for your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The quests also tell you to go do the raid. But unless you wait weeks and weeks you won't be able to just go on and clear it no problem.
    This isn't a raid quest. This is a normal story line quest. Never has one of those quests been unsoloable immediately.

People are taking 2h to finish layer 1? WTH?

As enhanc with 200~ilvl I finished it in 30~60min. Sure, last floors damage scaled up a lot, but I picked a lot of defensive anima powers that was pretty much mandatory at these floors. Then at the last boss, I killed it in 27s with 120k dps lol.

Torghast is a lot of rng, but I don't feel enhanc is overpowered for it or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    People are taking 2h to finish layer 1? WTH?

As enhanc with 200~ilvl I finished it in 30~60min. Sure, last floors damage scaled up a lot, but I picked a lot of defensive anima powers that was pretty much mandatory at these floors. Then at the last boss, I killed it in 27s with 120k dps lol.

Torghast is a lot of rng, but I don't feel enhanc is overpowered for it or anything.
    I am not buying that you completed 18 floors in an hour. That means you completed an entire floor in ~3 minutes and 20 seconds. YOu certainly didn't do it in 30 minutes because that means you would have to clear an entire floor in 1 minute and 40 seconds. No way you do either with an enh shaman.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I am not buying that you completed 18 floors in an hour. That means you completed an entire floor in ~3 minutes and 20 seconds. YOu certainly didn't do it in 30 minutes because that means you would have to clear an entire floor in 1 minute and 40 seconds. No way you do either with an enh shaman.
    Took around an hour as brm monks... 197 ilvl

- - - Updated - - -

I mean it never will be, cause you cAn use to to upgrade your conduits. And get sockets for your gear.
    RNG from a wide selection of conduits? Screw that... the socket one is the only feasible one.

This isn't a raid quest. This is a normal story line quest. Never has one of those quests been unsoloable immediately.
    literally yes, do you forget the campaign quests in wod, and legion which required you do the raid?
    Or do you forget the suramar questline that required you to go kill xavius in emerald nightmare before you could finish the arcandor questline?

Sometimes normal story quest lines require you to do hard content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    RNG from a wide selection of conduits? Screw that... the socket one is the only feasible one.
    I mean you can literally earn a conduit upgrade every day, so you literally just passivly upgrade all your conduits, its not like its a 1 time use thing.

3 of the floors are vendor floors so take no time at all to get through. With enough anima powers you also burst down the bosses in no time at all. An hour is not an outlandish claim by any means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    If they want it to be completed in ilvl 300, then tell us.
    It's pretty much like the Mage Tower. When it first came out, the MT was insanely difficult except for those with the skills and deep knowledge of their class. But as you gained more and more player power, the MT became less difficult. And then when we got to the Legion Artifact send-off/empowerment, the content was trivial because players were so overpowered.

So maybe you can't do TC right now, but come back after the next raid tier or the one after for an easier time.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    3 of the floors are vendor floors so take no time at all to get through. With enough anima powers you also burst down the bosses in no time at all. An hour is not an outlandish claim by any means.
    But not until alater floors. There is no way Those first 10 levels get burst down that fast. I do not buy for one second that an entire 18 floors takes 1 hour, especially on crappier squishy specs.

Twisting Corridors is basically a mage-tower difficulty challenge mode. Its optional and does not reward gear.

literally yes, do you forget the campaign quests in wod, and legion which required you do the raid?
    Or do you forget the suramar questline that required you to go kill xavius in emerald nightmare before you could finish the arcandor questline?
    The Xavius quest was completable by queueing for LFR which ported you right to said boss as it was the entire wing. The Suramar quest was the last boss of Nighthold which worked the same way, last boss through LFR, only thing in the entire wing.

Also, I completed both WoD and Legion campaigns without stepping foot in a raid other than having to kill a raid boss that I could go directly to in LFR because it was the entire wing.

Sometimes normal story quest lines require you to do hard content.
    They have never required hard content for soloable ones.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2021-01-06 at 07:29 PM.

But not until alater floors. There is no way Those first 10 levels get burst down that fast. I do not buy for one second that an entire 18 floors takes 1 hour, especially on crappier squishy specs.
    Floor 6 boss took me ~1 minute to kill, the subsequent bosses went down even faster than that.

It certainly helps to be lucky with the anima power rolls, but again one hour is hardly a bold claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Floor 6 boss took me ~1 minute to kill, the subsequent bosses went down even faster than that.

It certainly helps to be lucky with the anima power rolls, but again one hour is hardly a bold claim.
    Not buying that either unless you got the exact right set of anima powers or play one the top specs. Not happening on a BM hunter or other bad specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    On a 188 Ilevel BM hunter I was able to clear Layer 1. Last boss was a PITA but i managed doing it so it is doable at lower gear levels.
    BM is definitely not as fast as some of the fast specs.
    Bosses are a joke, you just have to buff your pet and yourself with some health and health steal and dodge mechanics and it is gg.
    It is neither ret pala burst, or druid convoke lol, but very safe.

You mean the Xavius quest line that was completable by queueing for LFR and porting right to said boss? The suramar quest was the last boss of Nighthold which also was the last boss through LFR which also was the only thing in the entire wing.

Also, I completed both WoD and Legion campaigns without stepping foot in a raid other than having to kill a raid boss that I could go directly to in LFR because it was the entire wing.

They have never required hard content for soloable ones.
    LFR xavius was not available yet.
    https://www.wowhead.com/quest=43362/...reams#comments

This quest was gotten at WAAAAAAAY before LFR xavius came out
    it took i think 5 weeks from when the quest was available, to the final wing of lfr coming out.

same happened in the suramar campaign for nighthold, if you waited till lfr you had to wait 7 weeks for the full raid to come out on raidfinder.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2021-01-06 at 08:08 PM.

Did layer 4 on 210 mage. I don't raid, btw, only M+ farming with pugs. It was not hard but VERY exhausting. I feel like I can push 8 no problem, but damn will it be a loong long and gruesome gaming session I feel

The problem is class balance of powers in there, as BRM monk I face rolled layers 1-3 in there. Doing like 150k dps on bosses once I had my corrosive set up at around floor 10 each time with all the possible torghast venari upgrades. Not sure how blood DK is supposed to kill 4 million hp final boss though, they don't really have huge dps powers.

This is purely for cosmetics though past layer 1, just like mage tower was. Mage tower was also tough for some classes when it just came out if you didn't raid mythic. People eventually got it done though as they got gear.

I like it, super fun going crazy with all the powers.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.