Poll: Did Sylvanas deserve to be sent to the Maw?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    maybe they would learn something if they did.
    they dont read criticism because they are not allowed to.
    huh?...

/10
    Error 404 - Signature not found

i did answer your question.
    blizzard writers are bad so they need to be punished. ("sent to the maw" as the one person said)
    So to you the writers deserve to be tormented and die? Because that is what being "sent to the maw" means. Wtf is wrong with you. This is not criticism.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    huh?...

/10
    its true. i think it was danuser that said they couldnt read criticism because it might impact their vision.
    so blizzard wants an echo chamber when it comes to writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So to you the writers deserve to be tormented and die? Because that is what being "sent to the maw" means. Wtf is wrong with you. This is not criticism.
    i didnt say they should go to the maw. i said they should be punished.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Okay, ignoring the fact you said
    blizzard writers are bad so they need to be punished. ("sent to the maw" as the one person said)
    How do you think the writer be punished? And punished for what exactly? Writing a story you don't agree with?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    How do you think the writer be punished? And punished for what exactly? Writing a story you don't agree with?
    Fired. For writing garbage while getting monthly paychecks.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Post BFA she's no worse than Garrosh or Kael'thas so why should she be in the Maw after she killed herself at Icecrown? Im sure we will find out by the end she was set up and never was meant to go to the Maw but someone manipulated her fate.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2021-01-06 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    i am going to agree with this.
    they also make tons of money so people better not use the "think of the families."
    they would be fine and probably would get another job pretty fast.

its true. i think it was danuser that said they couldnt read criticism because it might impact their vision.
    God forbid the people creating the story want it to remain true to their vision.

What, do you think that you get a say in how the story is written? Are you really that entitled?

If you like the story, then enjoy it. If you don't like the story, then find another story you like. Plenty of people are enjoying this story and the writers don't need to deal with the community's petty, ignorant complaints.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    writers are the one who need to be send to the Maw.
    Haha true. Sylvanas has been written so inconsistently over the years I don't know who she is anymore nor do I care. They've ruined her.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

3+ Year Old Account
    I think they just need to admit that they've messed up
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So do you have a source for this claim or???

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    I think they just need to admit that they've messed up
    they would need to get rid of a few devs first.
    Ion and Danuser seem to have big egos.

3+ Year Old Account
    True, we also need some writers who like the Horde, and don't keep putting Anduin/Jaina everywhere
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Kosak, Metzen and some others already left.

now only Danuser and Golden.

- - - Updated - - -

didn't they say they are underpaid???

if so, I would cut their pays even more.
    Last edited by DemonHunter18; 2021-01-06 at 06:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    didn't they say they are underpaid???

if so, I would cut their pays even more.
    Nah, I would fire them. And not some lame "I decided to leave XXX of my own volition" bullshit. Straight boot to the behind.

Nah, I would fire them. And not some lame "I decided to leave XXX of my own volition" bullshit. Straight boot to the behind.
    I don't think that's possible because they all think this is good LMFAO
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    We know she saw Arthas there at the time, and we can confirm Arthas is within the Maw now. This is also canonically where her deal with the Jailer began, so it would be hard pressed to say she's anywhere else.

OT: It's not clear that Sylvanas was judged by the Arbiter, as we can confirm one other soul has been dropped into the Maw without the Arbiter's judgement: Arthas.

Given the location's new significance, it has been presumed that something about Icecrown/the Saronite at the bottom skipped the Arbiter's judgement, as Sylvanas would have been a prime candidate for redemption in Revendreth as someone who did terrible things, but not nearly so terrible as others who escaped that fate. (See: Garrosh, Kaelthas, Kel'thuzad) Given that we know the Forsworn existed by that time, it's possible that Devos herself had one of her Forsworn drop Sylvanas directly into the Jailer's hands.
    *It appears anyone raised into undeath** is bound to the Jailer somehow. The Death Knights don't realize it yet, but they are screwed on an existential level & Sylvanas is in the same situation.
    *It seems sparing Uther from becoming a Death Knight saved him from the Maw. And it would be the ultimate irony that this was some kind of small kindness from Arthas
    *The latest cutscene says "she never had a choice." Even Genocidal maniacs are given a chance at redemption in Revendreth and Sylvanas didn't start committing war crimes until after (Referring to Wrathgate, if they're saying that was somehow her machinations, that is a retcon. The attack on the living was Varimathras' coup & as we see now, we are supposed to believe the Dreadlords were working for the Jailer all along) so, along with the above, I think we should assume much like how the Jailer converts souls into minions through the trauma of the maw, "Mourneblades" have the power to bind souls to the maw.
    *Devos was not wittingly working for the Jailer. And her observation that the system of the Shadowlands is greatly flawed, is correct. But we're apparently supposed to agree with Anduin that it can be fixed somehow other than upending it all.
    *I am torn between the trope of a dude talking down a woman from her rampage, or somehow the woman who is traumatized by a man is morally worse than the man who created that trauma as whatever happens in the next cutscene, will determine if Sylvanas is morally better or worse than Arthas

**By a weapon of the Maw. People killed & raised by Frostmorne. Sylvanas was. Uther wasn't raised. & the Forsaken undeath is categorically different
    Last edited by Ersula; 2021-01-06 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    *It appears anyone raised into undeath** is bound to the Jailer somehow. The Death Knights don't realize it yet, but they are screwed on an existential level & Sylvanas is in the same situation.
    *It seems sparing Uther from becoming a Death Knight saved him from the Maw. And it would be the ultimate irony that this was some kind of small kindness from Arthas
    I've been thinking about this actually. I'm wondering if this expansion will end the Lich King institution for good, along with the Jailer. Seems like it's the only way the Death Knights and co. can be truly free.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    *I am torn between the trope of a dude talking down a woman from her rampage, or somehow the woman who is traumatized by a man is morally worse than the man who created that trauma as whatever happens in the next cutscene, will determine if Sylvanas is morally better or worse than Arthas
    I'm not really feeling it either. The way they're propping Anduin as some saviour figure makes me roll my eyes. Not to mention the way the whole scene went down felt really forced, the person talking to Sylvanas should've been one of her sisters or literally anyone she'd actually had some relationship with. They're emphasizing Anduin's importance at the cost of other characters.

OT: Depends. If you go by the retcon that Sylvanas was in on Wrathgate, then yes she absolutely does. But if you go by the Sylvanas as she actually was during WotLK... eh, she had done some shady stuff, but she wasn't that bad.

Of course then Cataclysm comes around and from thereforth she absolutely did belong in the Maw. Really, Cataclysm was the beginning of the slow downwards spiral we've been ever since in regards to declining Horde leadership; We lost Thrall, Cairne, and the old mediocre Sylvanas, and instead gained the fool Garrosh, the inferior Baine, and the morally bankrupt Sylvanas. The awful faction conflict and loss of Horde cohesion and identity we've been saddled with since is the direct result.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many Sylvanas Simps in here, she deserved it. She is the worst of all characters. Always has been.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2021-01-06 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Received Infraction
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?