Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    did layer 8, no deaths.

Now I can flex on my useless mount in the maw as a druid.

Wasn't having any problems, until floor 10, where every anima power that dropped was a placeholder from then on :/

Last edited by drakath; 2021-01-06 at 08:12 PM.

I'm sure it has been posted by I didn't want to go through 10 pages.

You need clear everything if you get to floor 12+ and the elites are just dropping you before you can out spam them.

In both full clears I went for these talents over all the others early - Killing mawrat increases hp by 1%. And the flat % buff to total hp(keep taking this all the way to the end). I had over 200k hp section 1 and around 170k the second section. Imo I only needed this amount of HP for the elites 12-18. They can just melee you to death through spell cast spam.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not buying that either unless you got the exact right set of anima powers or play one the top specs. Not happening on a BM hunter or other bad specs.
    Can you post a video of you clearing a floor with your toon? Just interesting in seeing how you play given how you can comprehend people doing this in an hour.

I FULL cleared it in about 1 hour and 15 mins as a rogue (poison's ran out on floor 16) and I was hardly trying to speed through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    No idea what class you are. But I spoke from fire mage perspective. At the later layers I have so many tools so nothing can touch me and if they do have barriers for insane mitigation + alter time and regain health when dropping lown etc etc.

They are definitely tuned higher than 3-4 but you also have way more power. Which is why I gave the rating I did
    Ret Pally, for what it's worth.

You get shit on with animapowers... i think i have not finished a thorgast run so easy ever....
    The first layer is definetly easier than layer 8 of the other wings.

I never was in fear of dying. I never had to heal myself. Granted i am a Moonkin and i have an easier time but i did not even have to use my treants at any point. The generic traits give you so much healing and live there is no need for any of that...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Ret Pally, for what it's worth.
    no idea what they have, so can't help you there sadly.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    I wonder just how much gear actually helps tho in Torghast. I mean let's say you do x k dps in "crappy" 190 gear, and you do 1.5-2 as much in very good gear. But we are talking about powers that end up doing millions of damage and crits and stuff. How do you even tie or balance this wonky crazy shit to gear? If you get one or two stack of the good power you end up with more dps than with gearing up to mythic raid gear.

Maybe players who are successfully clearing higher floors and layers are just better players that granted them the better gear in the first place so gear only correlates in that way into it?

- - - Updated - - -

Granted, I only went to Torghast on my druid alt for the quests. But most of the time it forced the root build on me in some capacity. Either with powers that were not pickable and just said "heres root enhancement power", or giving me worse, non-power choices like speed or self heal. I did not want to build around roots, and I don't know if the guy who I answered to wanted it or not, but let's not pretend you can just build what you want.
    So then what? Abandon the whole thing halwfay when powers don't align? And then roots breaking instantly and suddenly from one floor to another seems like a bug, not intended.
    I've done Torghast each week since launch and have never failed a layer. Not once did I feel like I was "forced into a Roots build". Yeah, sometimes I had to take a couple Roots talents, but so what? Just ignore that shit. I simply do not believe that from every run I did I got "lucky" and avoided this "forced roots build" that you're acting like is so prevalent.

Also, yeah, self healing animas would be better than roots animas. The "your spells have a high chance to heal you for 5% of hp" and the "when attacking a new enemy heal for 9k" animas are better alternatives than stuff that impacts roots.

I think some people might just be approaching it incorrectly and improperly evaluating anima abilities.

Plus, we're talking twisted corridors and the guy was claiming he was getting smoked on floor 13 of layer 1. By floor 13 you have like 50+ anima powers. You're lying to yourself if you think you were 'forced' into a root build after getting 50 anima powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus
    A thread about how hard it is being a white dude is not really a reasonable topic.

After thinking about what exactly made me feel so bored by TC, I realized it's the amount of trash. Just clearing and clearing gets really tiring after a while. While some of the bosses could use a little tuning, overall the difficulty is not the problem.

Maybe they could reduce the density of trash mobs in twisting. The density feels appropriate for the 6 floor normal mode where you aren't in as long, but doing 18 floors with that much clearing is just exhausting. Especially in the later floors when you have to start CCing elites to break up packs and the non-elites can easily kill you all by themselves.

The one thing I liked better about TC was the lack of torments. That made Torghast so much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I was having a blast in Torghast as BM until Twisting Corridors. I hit some pretty sick power combos in the 6-floor sections, but out of the 75 anima powers I got during the 18 floors of layer 2, the only thing that stood out were the Forsworn Feather (super useful always) and the 100% dmg increase for 6 sec after Intimidation (massive at first, slightly good towards the end). BMs are pretty well rounded but we don't really have an ability that makes or breaks the run, we just gotta hope to stack good ones to eventually be powerful. I had 70% crit chance by the end but that was with countless Obleron stuff. I managed it fine but my pet died twice on last boss.

I am just amazed at how other classes claim to be doing millions of dps. For me, scaling ended after floor 12, then everything got a massive boost and I was suddenyl lagging behind; this lasted to the very end.
    That's what I found with Ret. There were a few powers I never saw that would've been nice, but I had a pretty filled out Holy Power + Hammer of Wrath build, so I could spam HoW and TV or WoG nearly constantly, and had the Wings extension as well so that lasted for minutes at a time. Yet I never got over 60K health, and never landed hits bigger than 40K. By the end almost all my Holy Power was going into healing, and my health was going from 100% to 5% in single hits (and back up from single WoGs).

Also, Upper Reaches, with it's lack of phantasm and anima balls can go DiaF. It's boring, even by Torghast standards and if you get it early in the Twisting Corridors, you should probably just quit and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    But as others have said, you can repeat floors 1-6 as needed to finish the quest. You could even go up to 12 if you have the gear for it and turn 3 runs into 2, although 3 runs up to 6 would probably be much faster due to scaling.
    Pity there's nothing in the quest text or anywhere else in-game to tell people this.

Only did layer 1. Extremely easy, exhausting and ridiculous, was never in danger of dying and I have crap gear ... 188 ilvl. Took me a little over an hour and I just don't even feel like trying to progress further as it will take longer and longer and longer of just boring content and no, the same mobs hitting harder does not make it less boring.
    Also why would I want to play my class again after being ridiculously overpowered by anima.
    Last edited by kranur; 2021-01-06 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I agree with you. BM is fun in normal Torghast, but going into TC just to move the storyline along you basically need to hope RNG gods are in your favor or forget it. Thankfully you can repeat the first 6 floors 3 times to finish the quest, but that is dumb when all the other storyline quests had their own version of Torghast. All they had to do was do what they did for every other quest.

- - - Updated - - -

I did. YOU claming all specs can clear layer 1 with no issues does not make it so. There aer specs with issues even on layer one of TC.

- - - Updated - - -

As I have stated many times, nobody is asking for it nerfed enough to clear in 1 day. What is being asked for is for layer 1 to be tuned down to allow for the quest tied to it to be completed easier. Every other quest tied to a Torghast run has it;s own version for the quest. Why not do the same for TC here?

THere are no specs that cant clear layer 1 with a reasonable ilvl. Some specs do it more easily, but no, there are no specs that cant clear layer 1. Its a skill problem for you if you think that

Yesterday I tried it. 2 times.
    First run, I had terrible anima powers. No rage, no condemn powers as a warrior. Wiped at floor 13 of layer 1.

Second run, I had condemn any target regardless health, conemn knock back, rage gen %100.
    I could clear floor 1939084190381 with those buffs.

Fuck this shit. Waste 1 hour only to wipe because of shit anima powers rng. disgusting. And it is too long. I never step into it ever again.
    Will do the normal 6 floor one once a week and that's it. I clear layer 8 easily in 30 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - layer 1 is currently impossible for many people AND it isn't currently optional based on in game info.

However - people are saying you can repeat the first 6 floors to finish the mandatory stuff, so the rest can be what tanks do to show off.

This is false, the worst classes in the game can solo layer 1 with minimal luck on anima powers(and 190 il), it's about utilizing how you play and learning how to play. It's a essentially Mage Tower Torghast for players(with only cosmetic rewards), the skilled ones will be able to complete all the layers easily and the horrible players will struggle on layer 1 until they over gear it.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Meanwhile, shaman is facerolling all layers

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl 168 Mistweaver

I made it all the way through on my first attempt but MW is broken anyways with the Corrosive Dosage.

I will admit my health bar was like a Ping Pong Ball on the final boss
    Full Health, cast vivify boss hits me
    5% health finish cast
    Full health, cast vivify boss hits me
    5% health finish cast
    Rinse/repeat

I barely made it but did make it

Quote Originally Posted by Snater View Post
    I tried doing layer 1 on my ilvl 203 MM hunter. Had essentially no trouble clearing up the first 11 floors and first boss. But at floor 12 I hit a brick wall with arch-suppressor laguas. Problem was that his casts hit extremely hard (about 15k) and he spams it very often while my interrupt is at 24 second cooldown. Tried trapping, soaking casts with turtle but in the end I ended up wiping and losing my lives.

Hope Blizzard tunes the bosses.
    According to this thread, you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    Yeah we are really used to eat content the moment is fresh..

Blizzard could communicate better, as their "hard" nowadays means 6-10 seconds of fear, stun and silences plus insane number scaling.
    If they want it to be completed in ilvl 300, then tell us.
    It just shows they have lost the concept of what makes actual difficulty. Mage tower challenge was a perfect example of what challenging content looks like IMO. Lots of mechanics to juggle, slim margins of error, but still perfectly beatable even when it was first released if you were actually good.

Its great! Its just like the mage tower but with 12 levels of trash and 2 mini bosses before you have to deal with the mage tower boss! LOL

Made it through the first level, but only thanks to a combo that left me with 80% chance to no cool down while channeling eye beam and immunity while channeling eye beam. I got lucky on the second try, first try I ran out of beams and he just 1 shot me.