Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Seriously? This seems like the kind of motion you'd want to fast-track.
    That is what she's doing.
    @Gorsameth misspoke, probably meaning "she's bringing it to the table".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    That is what she's doing.
    @Gorsameth misspoke, probably meaning "she's bringing it to the table".
    Ah, okay. Those are very different things. Good on her, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    They were pretty much ridiculously outnumbered. Because, since there were the "Right kind of protesters" Trump seemingly did not reinforce security.
    Also, seemingly, the women shot and killed was one of those breaching the capitol.
    More like planned and the PD need to be investigated. It's been known for a very long time that MAGA Hats would be marching. Everyone knows their rhetoric and what they do. Their buddies have stormed other state capital buildings with guns and threatened to kidnap governors. They are openly incite violence, security should have been tighter. At least as tight as the peaceful summer protests where you got gased if you didn't walk back to your car fast enough.

DC officials requested more to be done. If you look at some clips the rioters were practically given a welcome mat until they got too too close.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Twitter suspended Trump's account for 12hrs.

We're going to find out if his head really will explode without his favorite hobby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

We're going to find out if his head really will explode without his favorite hobby.
    bit late. Thats like putting a fire out after it's burned down your house.

Minor correction - 12 hours starting when he removes the tweets that got him temp banned.

He has to eat his words, THEN wait out the suspension.

Who wants to bet he starts posting on Parler instead?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Minor correction - 12 hours starting when he removes the tweets that got him temp banned.

He has to eat his words, THEN wait out the suspension.

Who wants to bet he starts posting on Parler instead?
    People actually go there? Figured it was just a honeypot for fascists...wait he might like that.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yes, she was one of the ones breaking through the door, as congress was being evacuated. Secret service left soon after congress did, which is when you started to see the assholes inside the chamber.

They shot through the door glass... you can see it in one of the images...
    The secret service does not fuck around with protecting their assigned people and there were several present today.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    People actually go there? Figured it was just a honeypot for fascists...wait he might like that.
    If Trump switches platforms, that platform is going to absolutely explode. Time to watch closely and see if Trump switches. Might be time to buy some stocks in Parler. I have no qualms about making money off the insanity of others.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

And I think they are going to ban him for good if he breaks the rules again. But as with everyone enabling Trump the past four years, it's a tad too late for them to develop a spine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    @Thekri pence shouldn't even be in the CoC should he?
    Normally, no. In this case... maybe. Pence was acting in the Role of President of the Senate at the time, so the activation of the national guard at the behest of the legislative branch would have required the request of Pence and Pelosi. It appears that was the route that was used for Federal activation. It is certainly unusual, but the whole thing was, since it bypassed the DoD.

It also seems the initial national guard deployment was on the sole authority of the DC Mayor, who deployed her own, and also requested and received Troops from Virginia.

- - - Updated - - -

Mitch is hilariously pissed. While I actually totally agree with that speech, but there is an enormous amount of irony about him complaining about the set of circumstances that he was entirely complicit in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And I think they are going to ban him for good if he breaks the rules again.
    "I have no mouth, and I must scream"
    -- IMPOTUS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    While I actually totally agree with that speech, but there is an enormous amount of irony about him complaining about the set of circumstances that he was entirely complicit in.
    McConnell gets no forgiveness for his actions or inactions that led to this. He can be angry as he wants, this is still his fault.

Former Defense Secretary James Mattis says the assault on the US Capitol "was fomented by Mr. Trump"

Boy, glad he never worked for that asshole. If he did, I'm betting he would have spoken out about this guys instability a long time ago.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Oh god, I am laughing so hard right now. Sen. Langford was in in the middle of objecting to Oklahoma's results when they fled (Went to recess). He just got the floor back, where he just acknowledged Biden won the election, raised no further complaints, said the commission wasn't happening, and yielded the floor.

MAGA just cucked itself so hard today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump's twitter banned for 24 hours.

"I thought it was 12?"

They changed their minds.

Let us speak for the leadership team in saying what so many of us are feeling. We are appalled by the violence at the Capitol today. We are treating these events as an emergency. Our Elections Operations Center has already been active in anticipation of the Georgia elections and the vote by Congress to certify the election, and we are monitoring activity on our platform in real time. For those of you who are wondering, here are the actions we’re taking:

First, we have been searching for and removing the following content:

• Praise and support of the storming of the US Capitol
    • Calls to bring weapons to locations across the US — not just in Washington but anywhere in the US — including protests
    • Incitement or encouragement of the events at the Capitol, including videos and photos from the protestors. At this point they represent promotion of criminal activity which violates our policies.
    • Calls for protests — even peaceful ones — if they violate the curfew in DC
    • Attempts to restage violence tomorrow or in the coming days

As a part of this, we removed from Facebook and Instagram the recent video of President Trump speaking about the protests and his subsequent post about the election results. We made the decision that on balance these posts contribute to, rather than diminish, the risk of ongoing violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Oh god, I am laughing so hard right now. Sen. Langford was in in the middle of objecting to Oklahoma's results when they fled (Went to recess). He just got the floor back, where he just acknowledged Biden won the election, raised no further complaints, said the commission wasn't happening, and yielded the floor.

MAGA just cucked itself so hard today.
    Loafler just did the same... the rats are running...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

It was Twitter that banned him for 12 hours, unless Facebook also had an earlier ban that I missed.

It would be amusing if Trump stood down and asked Pence to pardon him but Pence said no.

Is there a mechanism to overturn presidential pardons? If Trump pardons some of those involved I could see a lot of very annoyed politicians on both sides.

JUST IN: “This is not news we deliver lightly,” margbrennan
    says as she reports: Trump Cabinet secretaries are discussing invoking the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump. Nothing formal yet presented to VP Pence.

“I’m talking about actual members of the Cabinet,” she says

Okay, most of us won't get too excited. But the funny take I got this from was a reply saying that in 2 weeks these Cabinet members won't have a job. You know, they might enact the 25th Amendment for self preservation.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    JUST IN: “This is not news we deliver lightly,” margbrennan
    says as she reports: Trump Cabinet secretaries are discussing invoking the 25th Amendment to remove President Trump. Nothing formal yet presented to VP Pence.

“I’m talking about actual members of the Cabinet,” she says

Okay, most of us won't get too excited. But the funny take I got this from was a reply saying that in 2 weeks these Cabinet members won't have a job. You know, they might enact the 25th Amendment for self preservation.
    I wondered what would happen if Pence promised them all pardons in exchange for their vote on a 25th call.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils