Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It seems like a lofty dream but....
    people complain about premades in Unrated Battlegrounds NOW. And those have like 10-40 other people
    now you want people to complain that people made premades for 2v2? I can see the forum posts now.
    The big issue with rated pvp and solo que is the fact that winning and your rating is COMPLETELY dependent on the other people in said group

Solo Ques will NEVER win in rated BGs or will just be normal battlegrounds that matter a little. Meanwhile Arena oh lord that just sounds painful. I go solo que in a 2v2 have a DK in greens with a language barrier versus ...a premade. All solo que for actual arenas will do is make the lower brackets SUPER easy for pros and just a brick wall for people trying to do said solo queues

With SoloQ for RBG/Arena, you pick a Tank/Healer/Dps role and wait for a group, just like in Normal BGs, Overwatch and basically every other game there is.

About complaining. Do we play the same game? Man... every time I tried to form a group for RBG... there was always someone complaining. After every loss half the team leaves and again you have to search for people. And then people complain why RBG almost died in BFA? Who the f*** has time to spend one afternoon to play couple of RBGs? Especially when there are so many other PVP games WITH SoloQ...

And about premades, they will beat you, just like in EVERY OTHER GAME! But you have to start somewhere. If you cant get do higher rating then you just search for a group...

This is how you get new players in the rated PVP scene and not with a closed down scene where the old neckbeards dicktate who can join the group.

I very much agree soloq has been long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Cause solo litteraly cannot work. Way too many balancing problems.
    At least in 2v2 you can overcome most issues with another issue.

And why 6v6 BGs specically? Whats wrong with 10v10? Why not 9v9 or 8v8 or 7v7?
    agree that solo q would work better in bigger groups

but at that point is there really any difference between random bg and soloq except premades aren't allowed?

No reason to not have soloQ for arenas
    the group finder is basically matchmaking just not automated, and comps are not that big of a deal anymore, nearly every 2 dps + healer can work
    they just need to limit it to not duplicate classes(example 2 warriors + healer or 2 shadowpriests + healer) and its fine

Solo Queue for arenas would be fine if it had different rating system. I mean different tab(and maybe reward).

Quote Originally Posted by Poopsnacker View Post
    TL;DR: Have no friends and want to play Rated PvP, would be extremely low Rating because random matchmaking and is the same crap as making your own random groups. OP thinking it would change a thing.
    That's the point it is same as making your own group but without the hassle, every rated game has automated matchmaking its time for blizzard to catch up

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    There was a debate on twitch.tv/Savix about SoloQ for Arena and 6v6 RBGs.

What do you guys think about it?
    What is the reason that Blizzard doesn't want it?

At the moment I don't see any negatives with it.
    I think solo queue for all rated pvp should be possible, it'd revitalise pvp as it'd make solo gearing through pvp possible again. That is genuine gearing, not suboptimal filler stuff.

People tend to forget that solo funnels into grouped content; let people prepare properly on their own and they will seek the advantages of groups on their own.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

The only argument that people have against SoloQ is that... it doesn't work? It's not like there are hundreds of competitive games out there where SoloQ works? If anything, SoloQ would be more balanced than the clownfest that is the current RBG scenes with 3 boomkin spellcleaves demolishing everything.

People need to stop posting every terrible idea that pops into their head.

only thing that changes is that you can join a 3v3 without a team, just like skirmish.
    I am not against this, but do you really think 3 randoms would stand a chance against 3 players that are playing together with voice?

5vs5 arena , mono healer. miss that so much. ( played with 2 healer was a pain)

I don't know if soloQ is the solution, but PvP could use some more format for sure.

6vs6 has been tested in Brawl and some custom tournament, quite funny indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    People need to stop posting every terrible idea that pops into their head.
    Do you even play any other game except wow??? Man, then LoL is doing something wrong... Dota, OW, CSGO also... they are all dead games... And besides that, it was not my idea, PVPers wanted this years ago and blizzard devs were against it. And it turned out well for wow PVP didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    I am not against this, but do you really think 3 randoms would stand a chance against 3 players that are playing together with voice?
    Will they play in the same rating? No. If for instance a Dota2 player plays only with randoms, he will always have a lover ratio and play against players with lower skill level. If he wants to play against better players, find a team, guild.
    Last edited by Kauko; 2021-01-08 at 05:02 PM.

Do you even play any other game except wow??? Man, then LoL is doing something wrong... Dota, OW, CSGO also... they are all dead games... And besides that, it was not my idea, PVPers wanted this years ago and blizzard devs were against it. And it turned out well for wow PVP didn't it?
    Go play one of those games, then. And yes, I play(ed) every single one of those games for multiple years. They're not WoW, though.

I also played Arena-Tournament for years, where this kind of system was actually implemented, and it fucking sucked.

SOLOQ has worked for some private servers that I've seen (will not name them). It would be a queue/bracket of its own.

I also don't think finding other random players to team up with in the group finder is that terrible. Usually people are friendly but yea results will definitely vary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Go play one of those games, then. And yes, I play(ed) every single one of those games for multiple years. They're not WoW, though.

I also played Arena-Tournament for years, where this kind of system was actually implemented, and it fucking sucked.
    What is the difference in searching for randoms in LFG tool and just joining a RBG through SoloQ? In both situations you have a chance to find a wide variety of players. Idiots, great guys/girls, noobs, pros...
    Higher you climb the rating ladder, higher it is the chance to run into better players. Like in every other game. Yes, other games don't have such a class balance issue. But if SoloQ is not enough for someone, then he still can find a group that plays the classes that better fit with him or his class.

Give me the 5v5 arenas back and I'll be happy

Better yet, give me solo Q 5s - give me straight chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I'll hard pass, you're comparing mobas and shooters where there is no real matter to what the comp is and there's hundreds of different comp options to arena matchmaking where comp matters 100% because of how small the pool is and how several specs just don't fit in because of poor tuning.
    That's not really true. I've played OW since it first came out and the comp in rated very much does matter and has changed dramaticallly between how many tanks, healers and DPS a group plays with. It is the same for DoTA, I've played that since DoTA was released back in WC3 and again there is comps for mid solo, junglers, hard carries, support, mid game heroes etc. So saying that solo Q in those games isn't relivant due to comps not mattering is wrong.

I personally play RBGs and Arena and agree that solo Q would just result in a lot of rage as they will effectively just become random BGs with no communication etc and there wouldn't be a difference between a random and rated PvP situation. That being said, I don't see the harm in it tbh if you can sign up to an RBG solo or with 10 people, it would be the players choice in what they want to do.
    Last edited by Shamanegans; 2021-02-20 at 01:57 PM.

Arena has been around for 15 years and still isn't popular, its barely even a blurp on the radar. There are a lot of different reasons for that here a few: its way too nuanced for the avg Wow player let alone the avg gamer, it moves too fast for spectators, Blizzard does a terrible (non-existent) job at promoting elite players and tournaments, the MMR system is archaic and greatly hinders participation and the biggest reason of all - its NOT objective based.

The bottom line - Blizzard is woefully INCOMPETENT with regard to anything and everything to do with Pvp. Wow pvp is literally and genuinely a gold mine of opportunity and Blizzard has been sitting over it and mining it with a "SPOON" for literally 15 years and counting.

Stop using an antiqued MMR system designed for a board game called chess. Embrace new technology and bring the MMR into the 21st century. Solve this issue and the door opens wide for solo queue. But no... instead we're continuously forced to find players who share our schedule, fit the right comp, have the right Ilvl and CR, communicate and more importantly coordinate, don't suck and aren't a D'bag. Good luck. Solo queue is a NECESSITY, not a luxury.

Put objective based 6vs6 up against Arena and let the best content win. Pvp balance would be in synch with M+ dungeons. More viable comps would open up and more players would be inclined to participate. Viewership would go up dramatically because it will be objective based with a score rather than just one kill Oppt. The fact is, the avg player doesn't understand the nuances of 12 classes and over 36 specs, as a result they lack the appreciation as well as the determination to watch.

Wow Pvp is a complete and total mess. It always has been and always will be. I've been an advocate of solo queue and 6vs6 since the beginning of WOD. Since then Blizzard has and continues to do NOTHING. They regularly dismiss solo queue withwithout providing a sound reason. And, the last time they even bothered to address the 6vs6 concept was in the early early beta of BFA where they simply said and I quote "we're looking into it." Really? It takes 3 years for Blizzard to look into something?

If you still don't agree with my argument - ask yourself these two questions - Is competitive Pvp in WOW more popular now than it was in MOP or even in WOTLK? And do the MOBA and BattleRoyale genres have a significantly greater portion of the Twitch/ stream mkt? I am not a fan of Twitch and/or Streaming or Esports but I do recognize the fact - that is the future of gaming.
    Last edited by Luxeley; 2021-02-20 at 09:42 PM.