Poll: Would you have voted for Hillary Clinton, given the chance to go back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you vote for Hillary Clinton, if you could? Was she a good candidate?

Hillary Clinton was one of the most controversial Democratic candidates in recent history -- she was of course a well-known and powerful woman, and quite popular with older liberal Americans, at least for a while. But then -- she still lost in the end to the Republicans, despite winning the popular vote narrowly. Do you think she deserved the level of animosity -- and intense criticism -- from both sides of the political spectrum? Why was Clinton so...unlikable -- given her strong ties with the Obama administration? And most Democrats voted for her over Bernie Sanders.

It was not just Republicans who disliked her -- many Democrats also mistrusted her, even Obama supporters disliked her apparently. Only 36% of Americans viewed her favorably, apparently more unfavorably than her opponent.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/243242/...ating-low.aspx
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/b...-dantonio.html
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...opular-polling
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/poll...ry?id=41752050

Personally, I have little affinity for either of the two candidates. Would you have voted for Hillary Clinton? If you could travel back -- knowing now the consequences of her losing the Presidential election? Would she have been better or worse than the current President? How would she compare with Joe Biden? Or any of the other candidates?
    Last edited by OwenBurton; 2021-01-07 at 04:56 AM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Would she have been better or worse than the current President?
    Is this even a point of contention lmao

I did vote for her, and took a 3 hour shower after. If it was her and trump against each other again i'd do it again. She was such a shitty candidate she lost to fucking trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Would you have voted for William Jennings Bryan? This is an equally relevant topic to the OP, and you could make exactly the same argument.

She would have been a better president than trump. She would have been one of the best presidents.
    She was a horrible campaigner though. Smart law-nerd people like her have a hard time relating to the way normal people think.
    Might have just been that a massive effort was made to vilify her that it could not be overcome.

I would absolutely vote for Hillary Clinton again. She was a terrible politician with the charisma of a cardboard box, but she was also a brilliant public official and would have made for an excellent executive.

Omg...

Title of thread should be; "Is hindsight 2020?"

10+ Year Old Account
    This looks like the kind of thread I would post, if I had backed Trump for four years and was desperate to change the subject. "Would you vote for Clinton? Someone so hated she..."

Trump spent the last four years breaking the country so bad, his own supporters invaded the House/Senate which were voting to overthrow the election so Trump would win. You don't get to play the strawman "well Clinton..." anymore.

The violence is Trump's fault. The attempted insurrection is Trump's fault. Deflection changes nothing.

After the last four years, I'd eat Hillary Clinton's ass, before voting for Trump.

Absolutely. Hell, if she had won, I may still be a Republican at this point. But boy, at this point I'm rather happy to have ditched that corrupt side.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    If I were American and I went back in time, probably yes.
    She had a lot of issues in the campaign that probably wouldn’t have mattered in the long run and I doubted that she would have screwed up the USA as badly as trump did.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    After the last four years, I'd eat Hillary Clinton's ass, before voting for Trump.
    Thanks for the image.
    Brb...gotta pour bleach in my eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Thanks for the image.
    Brb...gotta pour bleach in my eyes...
    You're welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This looks like the kind of thread I would post, if I had backed Trump for four years and was desperate to change the subject. "Would you vote for Clinton? Someone so hated she..."

Trump spent the last four years breaking the country so bad, his own supporters invaded the House/Senate which were voting to overthrow the election so Trump would win. You don't get to play the strawman "well Clinton..." anymore.

The violence is Trump's fault. The attempted insurrection is Trump's fault. Deflection changes nothing.
    Ya pretty much this. All theyhave is bad-faith and gaslighting.

Note the characterization of "winning the popular vote by a narrow margin". This is josh hawley levels of bullshit.

These are millennials who grew up watching Fox News on their parents TV. They internalized the 20 years of Fox demonizing Hillary.

They're in the exact spot their Boomer parents were in some 40 years ago. After flirting with a McGovern/Sander anti establishment candidate. They're desperate for a Reagan figure.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Republicans made one of the biggest mistakes in modern history by nominating Trump. But, if we imagine that Clinton had become president the GOP would be in fantastic shape right now. They probably wouldn't have lost the house in 2018 and they most certainly wouldn't be losing the senate this time around. I'm willing to bet they would be in complete control for 2020-2022 because Clinton would have lost a 2020 election to any reasonably decent (regular) republican.

Obviously the GOP has done immeasurable damage to the country, but they truly wrecked their own party for at least a few decades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes proud I did Hillary’s awesome.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

While I think she was a monster from what she did in her personal and private life it's hard to argue a sociopath wouldn't be an effective leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    While I think she was a monster from what she did in her personal and private life it's hard to argue a sociopath wouldn't be an effective leader.
    is this a qanon post

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    is this a qanon post
    Gotta lay off Twitter a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Gotta lay off Twitter a bit.
    personal and private life?