Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Will we see Gul'dan in the Shadowlands?

I can't be the only one who thinks it'll be a wasted opportunity if we don't get to see him again.
    I'd also like to see Cho'gall too while we're at it!

What do you think?

I wouldn't be totally surprised if we won't see Gul'dan in Shadowlands. First, he had a big spotlight in both WoD and Legion and his soul might be so saturated with fel magic that he might as well be considered demon and therefore he is in twisting nether.

Cho'Gall on the other hand...yeah I'd really like to see him. But I can't really see any reason why should we unless we are talking about small cameo.

Which Gul'dan? Both of them Blizzard could easily write and say their souls were destroyed.
    MU Gul'dan when he was attacked by a bunch a demons they could have consumed his soul, he also died in the Tomb which has been shown to keep souls imprisoned.
    AU Gul'dan was blown up similar to the way Varian was so they could say Illidan burned his soul away with nothing left.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Dead_MAX View Post
    I wouldn't be totally surprised if we won't see Gul'dan in Shadowlands. First, he had a big spotlight in both WoD and Legion and his soul might be so saturated with fel magic that he might as well be considered demon and therefore he is in twisting nether.
    I am not really that knowledgeable, but don't demons go to the Shadowlands when they die? Does the Shadowlands only serve as the afterlife of mortal races across the cosmos?
    If a demon dies in the Twisting Nether, he doesn't go to the Shadowlands as well since I think they literally cease to exist for real (soul and all) if they die there.

Hopefully in a cameo where we see both versions of Gul'dan chained up next to each other where they argue about all the choices they made.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Mommy View Post
    I am not really that knowledgeable, but don't demons go to the Shadowlands when they die?
    thinking emoji
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Illidian kinda killed Gul'dan off. When your killed with Fel like he and Varian was. You don't exists anywere anymore from what we know. Sure seeing Varian would be cool to but unless they retcon something it won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    thinking emoji
    no bully pls

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Which Gul'dan? Both of them Blizzard could easily write and say their souls were destroyed.
    MU Gul'dan when he was attacked by a bunch a demons they could have consumed his soul, he also died in the Tomb which has been shown to keep souls imprisoned.
    AU Gul'dan was blown up similar to the way Varian was so they could say Illidan burned his soul away with nothing left.
    But maybe we get another alternate Gul'dan thah the Arbiter decided to send to Revendreth because they are all coils from the same rope (?)
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    But maybe we get another alternate Gul'dan thah the Arbiter decided to send to Revendreth because they are all coils from the same rope (?)
    I refuse to take that interview as canon until it's in game.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping to see old characters in odd situations, like Millhouse being tortured next to Garrosh. If we see Gul'dant I'd like to see him being all hippie in Ardenweald or something odd hehe.

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Illidian kinda killed Gul'dan off. When your killed with Fel like he and Varian was. You don't exists anywere anymore from what we know. Sure seeing Varian would be cool to but unless they retcon something it won't happen.
    That still bothers me.. how come Fel can perma-kill you.. and demons have their own little afterlive, but can also be permakilled.

It almost sounds like they're just making this up as they go..

Ive had enough of Guldan. I’m not eager for him to show up again for a 3rd expac. There’s talk that his soul may be in the twisting nether or his soul got wiped out with Illidans finishing move. Idk.

15+ Year Old Account
    They state that anyone after the fall of the Lich king would have been sent to the maw, or at least that is the idea I have been getting. But what specific criteria there might have been for being send to any of the other four (rather few places to contain an entire cosmos) there might be I don´t know. Alternate version of him would in any case have been sent to the maw.

Personally I´m more interested in the older characters that died during the first and second war - or was killed after - like Zul´jin (would he have been saved by our Loa of death?), Kargath, and so on.

Not to mention I´d like them to have more family members meet up and be able to talk - seems rather silly there have been so few of those cases, or not even a thought on the matter.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    They state that anyone after the fall of the Lich king would have been sent to the maw, or at least that is the idea I have been getting. But what specific criteria there might have been for being send to any of the other four (rather few places to contain an entire cosmos) there might be I don´t know. Alternate version of him would in any case have been sent to the maw.

Personally I´m more interested in the older characters that died during the first and second war - or was killed after - like Zul´jin (would he have been saved by our Loa of death?), Kargath, and so on.

Not to mention I´d like them to have more family members meet up and be able to talk - seems rather silly there have been so few of those cases, or not even a thought on the matter.
    No because Ysera and Ursoc made it to the shadowlands way after the fall of the lich king. We are looking at the wheel of death breaking anytime post those events. So mid emerald nightmare and beyond is the time frame.
    Last edited by tommyhil622; 2021-01-07 at 01:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    That still bothers me.. how come Fel can perma-kill you.. and demons have their own little afterlive, but can also be permakilled.

It almost sounds like they're just making this up as they go..
    The fel consumes souls (anima) to fuel itself. That lore is old as dirt and is even reflected in game mechanics. I don't think it's confirmed that fel-induced deaths are permanent though.

Demons only dying in their home realm (the Twisting Nether) is also old as dirt. People were using that to suggest Illidan's future return as far back as BC.

They've now established that only mortals go to the Shadowlands when they die. Demons go to the Twisting Nether, as established. Elementals go to the Elemental Planes, which is nothing new.

The Light apparently has its own realm, but we don't know concretely what happens when they die except that in rare occasions they can claim souls.

Same with the Void, and we know Old Gods have some sort of weird pseudo-death.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    No because Ysera and Ursoc made it to the shadowlands way after the fall of the lich king. We are looking at the wheel of death breaking anytime post those events. So mid emerald nightmare and beyond is the time frame.
    We see the process of death breaking when a massive red soul enters the soulstream and passes through the Arbiter. Which is almost certainly Argus, a massive world-soul and a "death titan."

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    They state that anyone after the fall of the Lich king would have been sent to the maw, or at least that is the idea I have been getting.
    They never once stated this and characters in game prove this is wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    We see the process of death breaking when a massive red soul enters the soulstream and passes through the Arbiter. Which is almost certainly Argus, a massive world-soul and a "death titan."
    Multiple times now Blizzard has said Cosmic beings go back to their plane of origin when they die and Titans are heavily tied to Order, not Death. Just because Argus was said to be a "Death Titan" doesn't mean a Kyrian would take him to the Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Everyone keeps saying that and it’s possible but I’m not so sure. The color is there for a reason but it may not be what we think it is. Besides my understanding is the Titans used what was left from Argus to seal themselves and Sargeras in the pocket dimension of the seat of the pantheon. For all we know the portal that Illidan opened could have been the culprit. It’s edges were red too. Or when the Titans used Argus to close it caused a ripple through each of the realms idk.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyhil622 View Post
    Yes, I would generally agree - but that also takes us back to what criteria sends souls to the different places. Fx. why did Ursoc get send to Ardenweald instead of the dream again? Or when exactly did the arbiter go down? Since the Kyrians are the ones supposed to ferrey souls to the different places, and it is clear they started having issues after Uther arrived.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.