Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by keldarepewpew View Post
    Story in wow is the definition of optional. You are not limited in power by not experiencing the story ergo optional.
    That is not how requried works. IF you have to do something to get a core part of the game, it is required. The story is the core part of the game.Therefore, I am required to do it. It does not have to do anything with power to qualify for being required.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    To progress the storyline you have to run TC. THerefore I have to run it. Therefore it is required.
    Do yourself and those around you a favor by improving your reading comprehension. As I said in the comment you quoted, the storyline is completely optional.

I'll say it again and hopefully it rings a bell in your head:

Too much of a baby to run Twisting Corridors ONE TIME, but want to read the quests and watch the cinematics? Look them up on wowhead.

My hardest issue was staying awake for Layer 1 because it's very easy and I got bored until the last couple floors when my power levels got nuts. Towards the end of the layer, the damage output of mobs seems to scale faster than the HP increase, however if you're getting powers along the way you only notice this if you're like me and get distracted... then run through two traps and pull an entire room. That was my only death, and it was kinda funny when I died because it was completely because I wasn't paying attention to the game. Otherwise, most of the run the mobs should die very quickly.

People need to keep in mind that this is the replacement for the true endless mode that was on the beta, and it was restricted to 18 floors because the amount of anima powers you get scales your player power way faster than the difficulty of the floors. It would get to the point where you'd be one-shotting stuff. On live, they've scaled things back a bit, but they've added quite a few healing options (high chance to heal for 5/10/...%, spawn orbs to heal yourself when you first hit an elite, heal to full if you drop below 20% HP, etc.) that make it really hard to die under normal circumstances. At least on early layers, they do get harder.

Emphasis still needs to be placed on the optional aspect, as the questline is a dead end and doesn't add much to the story. The little story that does get revealed is almost guaranteed to be revealed or exposed later as part of the main questline that everyone will do once that actually progresses. Otherwise, this is just a little icing on the cake if you decide to do the optional content. If Blizz made you have to get to Layer 8 of TC to get this little tidbit of storytelling, I could see the complaints... but the bar is so bloody low for Layer 1 that failing to complete it either is a result of trolling, being very undergeared, or not being able to play your class at all.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Emphasis still needs to be placed on the optional aspect, as the questline is a dead end and doesn't add much to the story. The little story that does get revealed is almost guaranteed to be revealed or exposed later as part of the main questline that everyone will do once that actually progresses.
    It's not a dead end. It takes you to a quest that shows you Anduin and Sylvanas which sheds light on Sylvanas's plans. That likely will be continued in the the next patch. Better to know it now than later in the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by 1know View Post
    I did 90% of the boss HP in two hits, so yah
    floor 18 boss? LOL no sir, you didnt

And yeah, i should keep better anima powers, the problem is its random lol

I was at 70+ anima power at floor 18 and even that boss hit kill me.. no to say that after floor 14 the mobs become overtuned as fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post

I was at 70+ anima power at floor 18 and even that boss hit kill me.. no to say that after floor 14 the mobs become overtuned as fuck
    Eh, I could believe it depending on the class.

I think too many people forget that WoW is a game with many classes, and experiences from one class can be dramatically different to another class. That's the biggest problem in Torghast: not only are classes already wildly variable, but so are Torghast buffs, making classes in Torghast practically a night and day different experience from one to the next. And Torghast buffs aren't just variable in the RNG of their drops; some classes just don't have buffs that provide any significant benefit for bosses beyond the generic "x% stat" buffs.

My wife and I simply couldn't kill the floor 18 boss last night. It was not possible for us to even get him below 50% before he was one-shotting my paladin through two stacked defensive cooldowns. But I don't think this would be the case on our other characters - her druid at floor 6 can triple the DPS that my ret paladin was doing at floor 18.

Story line tied to it. It is in no way completely optional.
    I watched the story line for each artifact weap on youtube. Playing the game isin no way needed to see the story

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    I watched the story line for each artifact weap on youtube. Playing the game isin no way needed to see the story
    Okay, there are some dumb arguments here on every side, but "playing the game is optional because someone else has already played it" may take the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksymilian View Post
    Twisting Corridors SUX - I completed solo layer 1, didn’t die even once, had still 1400 phantasma (nothing to buy), but it took me 2.5 HOURS.

IS BLIZZARD INSANE?

If I end my work at 16:00, got to home at 17:00, eat and do something, I can start your TWISTING CORRIDORS at 20:00 and maybe - MAYBE - I will finish it at 22:30 and I will can go sleep then.

DON’T YOU HAVE A LIFE?!
    Yes, we already know that they have phones, but what about life?

This is the worst design I have ever seen.
    If I wanted to spend 2.5 hours IN ONE DUNGEON I would be playing WOW CLASSIC not a Shadowlands.

And we can’t even leave Torghast after - let me say - 6th floor, SAVE it (somehow) and finish it later.

No! You have to spend 2.5h with computer beating this boring easy SHIT

And remember - DON’T PEE - becuase in Torghast there are many random effects that can kill you if you will be AFK for 2 minutes.

Hey and what about DISCONNECT on 17th floor?
    Do you imagine that your Internet is offline for 30 minutes, Torghast kicks you out and you have to start it again?

ARE THEY SERIOUS?TWISTING CORRIDORS ARE TOO LONG
    You do know it's purely optional and you don't have to do it?
    Worst case scenario - if you just want to do the quest then you can do levels 1-6 three times, in separate sittings, and you will still complete the quest.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

My internet disconnected during an online poker match once, they didn't give my money back... woe is me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksymilian View Post
    Twisting Corridors SUX - I completed solo layer 1, didn’t die even once, had still 1400 phantasma (nothing to buy), but it took me 2.5 HOURS.

IS BLIZZARD INSANE?

If I end my work at 16:00, got to home at 17:00, eat and do something, I can start your TWISTING CORRIDORS at 20:00 and maybe - MAYBE - I will finish it at 22:30 and I will can go sleep then.

DON’T YOU HAVE A LIFE?!
    Yes, we already know that they have phones, but what about life?

This is the worst design I have ever seen.
    If I wanted to spend 2.5 hours IN ONE DUNGEON I would be playing WOW CLASSIC not a Shadowlands.

And we can’t even leave Torghast after - let me say - 6th floor, SAVE it (somehow) and finish it later.

No! You have to spend 2.5h with computer beating this boring easy SHIT

And remember - DON’T PEE - becuase in Torghast there are many random effects that can kill you if you will be AFK for 2 minutes.

Hey and what about DISCONNECT on 17th floor?
    Do you imagine that your Internet is offline for 30 minutes, Torghast kicks you out and you have to start it again?

ARE THEY SERIOUS?TWISTING CORRIDORS ARE TOO LONG
    it's not. go away.

I 2 shotted the end boss at floor 18... 4.23m hp, 2x 2.3m crits from fireball, gg.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Yes Sir, he did.
    Get the 50% health-damage frost anima power
    Get multiple +50% stacking dmg buffs, enjoy 600k back to back Starsurges.
    Killed the 3.1m boss in 3(!!) seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    So? I am not going to use outside sources when it is in the game.

So? I am not going to use outside sources when it is in the game.
    Ok. Just a suggestion.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

I 1 hit killed the boss as BrM monk by pushing my health up to 2.8 million hp and killing boss with one touch of death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Optional content.

As well, you have time for a pee break at the start of a new floor as you're given a stealth buff.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Can somebody confirm if there is any way to "save" your progress if you decide to log out? Between layers?

I agree that something like this should be in the game to provide a good solo (or group) challenge. However, tying down the player for various hours in order to complete it sounds insane. Take raids for example, progress isn't lost if you leave or log out. You can keep trying during the week. Some of us can't commit to playing more than 1-3 hours in a row.
    Last edited by Ragnarohk; 2021-01-07 at 04:13 PM.

Took me 45 minutes killing every single mob in the run

Took me 11h and 43min to clear all 8 layers as VDH.So an average of 1.5h per layer.

I definitely cleared to much sometimes or I might be just bad at the game like a lot of people are suggesting here.

But I still think it is way too long. 12 Floors per layer would have been enough.

It is not even hard most of the time. Sometimes a juicy mob on the last floors in the end but mostly just boring as hell.