Do you think we should go back to how pets were with their original abilities?

ankle crack, disarm with birds, spiders web etc.

I miss the old pets abilities and having their own talents so you could truly make them unique. these days all the pets do the same thing with just a different name. Anyone think they should go back to how it was? I remember back in wrath i ran with a chimera pet for the frost breath and used viper shot to drain mana. it meant palas couldnt bubble as i depleted their mana and couldnt run due to my pets abilities.

back in the day birds were a rogues bane. now its meh look my bird has a trick ability to fly around .

I know there was phases where it was either wolf or cat for raiding as they were the best. but pvp you had so many choices.

Now we have dozens of pet families. imagine the possibilities of them all having their own unique abilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like they don't have issues with families having their own abilities but only exotic pets. I definitely think they should bring back things like Spider Web. Because currently you basically just use a Raptor for Master's Call and Mortal Wound.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Seems like they don't have issues with families having their own abilities but only exotic pets. I definitely think they should bring back things like Spider Web. Because currently you basically just use a Raptor for Master's Call and Mortal Wound.
    as MM i dont use a pet. SV any pet with pathfinding and BM devilsaurs for mortal wounds. Its a shame as a prided my self on collecting the rarest mobs in game across multiple accounts and years and now they collect dust in the stables.

Honestly I stopped caring about pet abilities when they took away Spirit Beasts' ability to Moonfire. It made my spirit beasts feel more...spiritual in a way, it was fun and not game breaking. Typical Blizzard patched it out.
    ----------------------------------
    Aorus Xtreme
    5950x
    k|ngp|n 3090
    128g Ballistix
    33 fans

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Different than the web that's in now?
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

I mean it would be nice to have em back,since now you can store so many anyways so it would be a nice collection game....but lets be honest here...most people will use only 3 kinds of pets,the best one for pve single target,the best one for m+ cleaves,and maybe one for utility like heroism,and then you have the pvp advantageous ones that would be used more like roots or mortal strike etc

Original abilities? You're describing Wrath's systems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Doubt it, though I honestly hope they'll go back to allow us to chance spec for our pets.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Different than the web that's in now?
    Yes, today the web is a slow, back then it was a 4 sec root!

I don't understand why they took our pet CCs out but allowed Warlock's pets to have CC.

I like it when pets can freely swap specs and you don't have to worry about getting a specific pet family for the content you're doing. I like the flavor of perhaps visually seeing different abilities for pets but I couldn't in practice of gameplay care less if they function differently or not. It may "be cool in theory," but frankly the convenience of pets being more "free" to me is always an appealing aspect. While, I can't say I actually appreciate abilities functioning differently in practice as I find it just restricts the kinds of pets I end up wanting to use as in, "I only want pets with this kind of ability," either because it's the kind of effect I like, like slows or pets being able to stealth for example. I'd rather homogenize all pets more so that classes like say Warlock could be able to say use any demon they want like Hunters are able to. I think the strictness of function for things like Demon is more a hindrance for them and that the biggest boon of a class like Hunter is that they have that much freedom in their pets to fulfill these assembly of roles more freely. On behalf of Warlocks, I'm jealous of Hunters and how their pets are handled - that they're even able to tame in the first place, that they get the stables and can store a crap-ton of them, that all pets can kind of tank, and all pets can be nearly ideal enough to be viable for dps in more situations.

Quote Originally Posted by ryjkur View Post
    I don't understand why they took our pet CCs out but allowed Warlock's pets to have CC.
    2 reasons I can think of:
    1). If let’s kept there CC we would have a lot at our disposal between Ice Trap, Frost Trap, Binding Shot, and the optional talents of Scatter Shot, Exp Trap (great for some BGs), just to have pets able to slow, root, and stun.
    2). Blizzard trying to let Hunters use the pets of their choice instead of needing specific ones for each situation (which Blizzard still hasn’t been able to do correctly).

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. There would still be one pet that is the "greatest" for certain PVE content when it comes to BM (since MM wouldn't use a pet) and surv to an extent.

I recently switched from my devilsaur to my rhino because I learned rhinos have a better passive (giving them like 20% more healing done to them) and a strong survival cooldown while keeping the ferocity leech capability. I used to use my spirit beast, but once I got into Torghast I realized him being tenacity wasn't helping as much as having the leech of a ferocity pet.

As for PVP, perhaps they could introduce "PVP abilities" or something for hunter pets. Abilities usable in PVP but not elsewhere in PVE, much like PVP talents are now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrium View Post
    ankle crack, disarm with birds, spiders web etc.

I miss the old pets abilities and having their own talents so you could truly make them unique. these days all the pets do the same thing with just a different name. Anyone think they should go back to how it was? I remember back in wrath i ran with a chimera pet for the frost breath and used viper shot to drain mana. it meant palas couldnt bubble as i depleted their mana and couldnt run due to my pets abilities.

back in the day birds were a rogues bane. now its meh look my bird has a trick ability to fly around .

I know there was phases where it was either wolf or cat for raiding as they were the best. but pvp you had so many choices.

Now we have dozens of pet families. imagine the possibilities of them all having their own unique abilities.
    You think you had many choices, because back then not a lot of players were optimizing.
    If you do this now, everyone would be locked to a single pet family as everyone would chose what is best instead of what they prefer.

I would much prefer something to a pet talent tree back.
    Have me chose the pet skin/model I want and give me talent options; that way you can also exclude certain OP combination for PvE / PvP.

If specific families or specific creatures do not have desirable abilities, then let us choose what we want for our pet and use whichever skin we so desire.