Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I've gotta be honest, I've enjoyed Torghast in up until now, but one-buttoning my way through Twisting Corridors (& Torghast in general) is getting really boring. TC seems to have really highlighted the lack of spec variety for Warriors, seeing as you're almost guaranteed to get ridiculous Condemn conduits before the final boss leaving you with nothing to do except keep debuffs up & watch videos while your one ability 100% > 0% a 5m HP elite.

I know there's the option to play other talents, & there's obviously some decent overlaps you can do with stuff like a Whirlwind build, but unless you purposefully avoid your absolutely insane powers everything just naturally resolves to "spam condemn lol" At least getting the mount will be easy. Halfway done without a death so far.

Floor 18 boss died in 3 globals. Keep calm & condemn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Like the other wings of Boreghast, it all depends on your class and spec. Hunters/DH/Monks are having a hell of a time based on anima abilities while classes like Warlocks and Druids and Pallies are just yoloing it
    Not sure where you're getting your info but both monk and DH are hella good at soloing TG. In fact, world first layer 18 was done by a DH day of release.

I'm a bit confused why they decided to showcase just how bad they are at balancing things, especially long term scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    The masochists.

by the time you get the mount off Layer 8 the Maw would be completely redundant to you.
    They're going to be adding more content to the Maw. It's silly to think we'll be done with the Maw after the expansion's launch.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    first week? link date
    april 13th
    878 ilvl
    though tbf that was a pretty easy challenge you just need to hero and dodge worms then paralyze the tauren when he does his thing and dragon kick to totem then once the tauren dies just chill at the worm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Not sure where you're getting your info but both monk and DH are hella good at soloing TG. In fact, world first layer 18 was done by a DH day of release.
    i think hes saying it because of the bugged powers for the first day

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    please enlighten us how you do Torghast as a monk. Which spec and are you luck dependant?
    Windwalker. Though Mistweaver seems to be easier from what I've heard, can't talk about that though. Ilvl 200. I've never failed runs because of bad luck (though I can't talk about TC 2+), just made them harder for myself. Most OP combos seem to be if you get to have every celestial consistently because of the heal from 2 of them and because they don't need as much traits as other combs, so you can combine it with everything else you get, also the blackout kick combo is pretty strong and because the traits are white you're able to get them consistently. As you might expect: These two are relatively consitent to get together when you get the uncommon traits because of Ven'ari rep. These two destroy every final boss.
    Because of the nature of Torghast, the spinning crane kick traits are pretty strong in a 1/1/3 group because you can give your tank percentage damage reduction, but outside of that not useful for solo runs, as they aren't as consistent.
    Roll talents are mostly useless, I've got a fun combo in a group one time, but you have to be very lucky for that.
    Also a risk is the touch of death combo. You have to get many traits for that to be working sadly. Because you're slower when you solo, you can get the stacks up to ridiculous heights, if you get the stacking trait early in the run or even multiple times. But nonetheless, the final bosses have too much health to make it useful and let's be real: As a monk, the end boss is the only problem because our utility is good enough to handle the rest even with bad starting traits.
    The 30s cooldown reduction trait is one of the most op traits in Torghast in general and is to take 99% of the time.
    And yeah, that's my trait experience so far.

As for the rest: Learn what you can and can't pull. For example the groups of 2 elites that fight each other can often be pulled one by one which defies every logic you've learned in this game before. And fuck fire elementals.
    Last edited by Yuli; 2021-01-07 at 06:04 AM.
    WoW players are all trash? M+ leavers? Pug raid fails? You don't have stuff to do? WoW has become a solo player game for you? People don't talk anymore? Everyone's toxic? I have a simple solution, just for you!
    Get social. Join a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    you 100% couldn't do mage tower in bad gear in the first week, what are you on
    I 100% cleared Mage Tower on my Rogue within 3 days of it releasing. And I never raided mythic, so I'm assuming I didn't have particularly amazing gear.

But like I said, unlike Torghast it was skill based, so I'm not surprised a lot of people needed to wait months for them to completely out gear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    The problem with this, and literally everything else in Torghast, is that it isn't hard. It's a gear and luck check.

Either you get the right anima powers or you have the right gear and you clear it with your eyes closed. Or you have bad gear and get bad powers and literally have a 0% chance of finishing it.

Compare that to something like Mage Tower, which if you were good you could clear the day it came out even with bad gear because it was entirely skill based. If you messed up the mechanics you died from one mistake, but if you did the fight correctly you could basically clear it as soon as it launched. Compare that to Torghast, where you can play flawlessly but still die because of your powers/class/gear. It's just not fun in any capacity to die because you have 30k health and the boss melees you for 9k a swing. Or you play a Hunter and your pet dies in one hit from the boss. Like those things just make the entire experience horrible honestly, and I don't really even see how anyone could defend mechanics/tuning like that.
    You can get more HP for your pet with HP powers. Rat buff, 45% HP armaments etc.

We did 2 layers today. In the first I had 500k dps.
    In the 2nd I had only 250k.dps but I had a power that I could lose max 25% HP per hit. So I was invincible.

You can also get powers like 90 sec immunity right before the boss. There are hundreds of ways to easily beat the layers...

As a hunter you can get 40 sec immunity in turtle while still being able to attack etc...

You must have very bad luck to not beat the corridors.
    You can also easily kite bosses to death if you stack some movement speed buffs

Heroic lvl gear 210 should be more than enough to clear layer 8. You can also do multiple runs. I'm pretty sure we will one shot our way to layer 8. But even if not, even if layer 8 would require a week of luck. It would still be over way too fast.

What do you wanna do after layer 8.?
    Last edited by GnomeEU; 2021-01-07 at 06:24 AM.

After having failed my first run the 2nd was ... easier.

Final boss on 18th floor largely couldnt hurt me (190 Ret paladin)... Thats how much RNG in anima powers affect difficulty apparently.

A few things strike me..

1. I’d really have liked twisting corridors to have its own visual to set it apart from normal Torghast. Really weird to go from basement to open Air area and then back in basement. Corridors are really lazy design when you get down to it

2. With more than 60 powers RNG isnt actually smaller simply due to how some powers stack

3. The difference in boss power from Goxul to Synod for example is... massive. I know some classes have it easier at some fights, but really

4. 2 hours 15 minutes doing Layer 1 (and constant fear of DC or crying child). Doubt I can justify the time spend on this one..

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Im a bm hunter in there. layer 1 on floor 13+ every single elite or boss mob oneshots my pet. Only reason i managed to kill the last boss was due to having traps slowing it to 99% of its movement speed. I spammed traps and threw dead pets at him for almost 10 min. pet got oneshit by every single ability and melee attack. And the pet is my damage
    You probably have a wrong pet and/or you are picking wrong anima powers.

1. Always ferocity pet, preferably clefthoof, don't even think about any other pet familly
    2. Never get jebaited into shit powers, the one you are looking for is kill command, misdirection dmg/def, hunters mark, more stats.
    3. Embers are shit. Trap powers are shit except for the one that gives 25% damage when using one.
    4. Stun +100% is great
    5. if you are night fae = reduced cd, increased damage for cov ability

So far i cleared layer 3 TC with bm, literally removed last boss from the game, he won't show up anymore.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Savant View Post
    No offense , but your ilvl is dogshit. People are now 205-210+ not to mention this reset will give more ilvls. I never raided this expansion and I have 207 already. Whats your excuse?

I remember the cries of players on wow forums about the mage tower. "Omg nerf nerf" yet their ilvl was shit with time more people did it.
    Nope my friend.

I’m basically doing M2-3 for the moment and I’m 188. Most of my guild is sitting around 180-200. Some dudes who play a lot are around 205 but I would say they are no more than 10% of the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this wing have checkpoints ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

General tip for everyone that may struggle:
    If you defeat the boss on 12 in less than 15ish seconds, you will most likely beat the boss on 18, even if no good follow-up powers.
    If you do not defeat the boss on 12 in less than 60 seconds, you will most likely not beat the boss on 18 IF you do not get a crazy super power up after this boss - generally I'd say "restart".
    If it's somewhere inbetween these killtimes, you can potentially beat the endboss, depending on you class, spec and the boss himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    THere are no specs that cant clear layer 1 with a reasonable ilvl. Some specs do it more easily, but no, there are no specs that cant clear layer 1. Its a skill problem for you if you think that
    Prove it. Do it with every single spec. Unless you have, there is no way you can make that statement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    Just finished layer 2 in around 1h as enhanc 200ilvl~ and I had way better anima powers during my layer 1 run. There's also other posts saying the same thinh, so yea... you are the problem lol.
    So you got lucky with anijma powers the first layer. Now try to do that on a crappy spec with bad anima powers no matter what. You aren't clearing it in an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodyleech View Post
    General tip for everyone that may struggle:
    If you defeat the boss on 12 in less than 15ish seconds, you will most likely beat the boss on 18, even if no good follow-up powers.
    If you do not defeat the boss on 12 in less than 60 seconds, you will most likely not beat the boss on 18 IF you do not get a crazy super power up after this boss - generally I'd say "restart".
    If it's somewhere inbetween these killtimes, you can potentially beat the endboss, depending on you class, spec and the boss himself.
    Unless you're a tank, in which case you can double the times.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Does this wing have checkpoints ?
    Nope. You have to do 18 floors in one go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post

Nope. You have to do 18 floors in one go.
    Well fuck it, I've got some red bull and a free day, might as well try.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Ion Fuzzy koalas said that the twisting corridors were made harder on live compared to beta.
    Sorry for the off-topic reply but this is the best autocorrect mistake I've seen.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cleared Layer 1 quite easily did it in about 40 minutes. I have 218 ilvl as holy and 212 as prot. I got to floor 13 in layer 2 in about 30 minutes with shit powers and was half way through it when Tich went down again last night. Came back later to having to start over so called it a night.

What I noticed is after each boss is a power jump in the dungeon. Running doing 200k DPS in prot with 20k armor and 200k hp with chance to heal for 15% on swing makes it a joke. I also learned armor cap is 85% on tooltip.

I am guessing it depends on class like rogues will probably have issues. I went a bit slower than I needed to the first time, you can just run by aggroing the whole floor until later levels to pop all CDs at once. I wish I didn't need to do 8 layers of it to get the mount, a guildie did 2 runs the night before and the rest in just over 7 hours the next day to get his mount. I see this as something most people will do once and never again unless they add more rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Sorry for the off-topic reply but this is the best autocorrect mistake I've seen.
    Sorry to ruin the fun (or not). I got the fuzzy koala name from a forum post on the official forums back in WoD. Thought it was hilarious and been using it ever since.