Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Caught this earlier in the thread and is still in my tabs:
    https://twitter.com/Gagladla/status/1347165155092799491

That’s someone naming names... since these morons streamed from their real name accounts. A dude already got fired from his lawfirm...
    Oh yeah, seeing lots of that. Some guy wore his fuckin work badge to the protest with the biggest 13or30 vibes I've seen and got fired too.

It's like they all totally forgot about that time, around 3 years ago, after Charlottesville, when the internet spent weeks identifying participants and letting their employers decide whether or not they wanted to continue employing racists. Now they get to do it and ask if they want to continue employing traitors.

Gonna be some increases in the unemployment rolls after this, and I desperately wish we could deny them public benefits since they're failed traitors.

"A QAnon promoter stormed the Capitol. Now, he's upset people are saying he's 'antifa'":

https://www.sfgate.com/nation/articl...z-15852663.php

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And, like there, I'll point out that I've always openly acknowledged that Canada's history with our First Nations is problematic and peppered with atrocities. It's something Canadians are, largely, deeply embarrassed and horrified about. But it's also something we've admitted is wrong and which we're actively trying to stamp out and make reparations for.

This is an attempt at a "gotcha" for shit I've never denied, and which is an openly-acknowledged fact.
    Frankly, this seems to be an issue that America has. Most developed nations acknowledge their past, remembering and respecting the importance of these events and how they impacted the development of the nation, regardless of how uncomfortable it might be (i.e.: how residential schools shaped Canada's relations with its Indigenous peoples). In contrast, America appears to intentionally omit parts of its past, finding it uncomfortable, and refuses to acknowledge that these events may still impact society (i.e.: how Jim Crow laws contribute to the modern economic and social inequality of minorities).
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Frankly, this seems to be an issue that America has. Most developed nations acknowledge their past, remembering and respecting the importance of these events and how they impacted the development of the nation, regardless of how uncomfortable it might be
    nah we are just as bad, in the UK people are like 'we civilized the natives and look they all have railways now and beat us at cricket!'

most tories in empires act the same. Look how bad the fucking Australians are lol

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Frankly, this seems to be an issue that America has. Most developed nations acknowledge their past, remembering and respecting the importance of these events and how they impacted the development of the nation, regardless of how uncomfortable it might be (i.e.: how residential schools shaped Canada's relations with its Indigenous peoples). In contrast, America appears to intentionally omit parts of its past, finding it uncomfortable, and refuses to acknowledge that these events may still impact society (i.e.: how Jim Crow laws contribute to the modern economic and social inequality of minorities).
    Not an "American" thing, at least not anymore, but a "Conservative American" thing.

They're the ones pushing for whitewashed glorification of American history and angrily rejecting any serious look at the darker aspects of what the US has done.

Again, it seems to be a problem with one side of the isle rejecting reality because they don't like it.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    That makes no sense.

Sane people aren't pro-riot or anti-riot; they are in favor of certain issues and might go to various extremes to defend those issues - and those two protests are sort of opposites of what they are trying to accomplish.

Thus the correct statement is: "Practically no-one who was for the previous protests should be for this one."

However, people can be against both protests - or they can be against the violence in both protests (not saying that the violence was of equal magnitude and severity), but still think that one of the protests raised legitimate issues - even though they believe those issues should be resolved without violence.
    "Rules for thee, not for me", I see.

Or perhaps the better phrase is "It's only okay when we do it."
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post

The faux enlightened middle shtick sure has aged like milk.

10+ Year Old Account

This has never happened in US history... What is this false equivalency? Whe has anyone breached capital hill, to stop a congressional session from certifying a president and get shot while trying to attack congressmen? WTF?

This is why Trumpism is dead...

Something further for the Michigan investigation:

https://twitter.com/JamesOKeefeIII/s...74186366074880

USPS backdating late mail-in ballots.
    This is why yesterday happened...
    Last edited by Felya; 2021-01-07 at 06:49 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Man, you're just here to deliver all the worst takes, aren't you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The more I read about it this morning, the worse my take gets I guess, heh. I just saw some pretty eye-roll headlines about it earlier that make it sound like America almost ended. And don't get me wrong, this could have caused some damage if these people were anyone but who they were.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    MAGArection is me being dumb. Q Shaman is apparently the tatted dude with the viking helmet, seeing him referred to that way.

And yes, Trump supporters/Republicans are trying to blame antifa, even members of the House/Senate are baselessly asserting "secret antifa" were mixed in.

Problem for all of them, even Andy fuck Ngo, who hangs out with PB's and literal neo-nazi's, is throwing cold water on that bullshit - https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...67520142614529
    I really don't know what to feel about Trump supporters at this point, when a neo-Nazi is the voice of reason among them. Honestly, I'm at loss for words here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    And don't get me wrong, this could have caused some damage if these people were anyone but who they were.
    It...did? Have you not seen any of the videos? Officers were ransacked, the building was damaged from windows to doorways to guardrails, property including laptops and hard drives was stolen, the Speakers podium was stolen, someone was killed during the attempted coup, the scaffolding outside for Inaguration prep was damaged, the MAGAts destroyed what looked like tens of thousands worth of CNN camera equipment by smashing them after being fucking retards and trying to set flame-retardant synthetic fiber on fire to start a bonfire.

Seriously, keep reading and learning, because it seems like there's a lot to catch up on.

3+ Year Old Account
    The more I read about it this morning, the worse my take gets I guess, heh. I just saw some pretty eye-roll headlines about it earlier that make it sound like America almost ended. And don't get me wrong, this could have caused some damage if these people were anyone but who they were.
    In a way America as we know it has ended. Yesterday showed the whole world how flawed and fragile American democracy really is.

It Especially showed the world how American treats minority as second class citizens in all aspects of human rights and constitutional rights.

If yesterday had a group of 100 or less competent terrorist they would have certainly caused major damage to this country and its leaders.
    Last edited by TigTone; 2021-01-07 at 06:59 PM.

No, I'm saying that people care about the purpose of the protests and the facts of the matter.

Otherwise we might say that people arguing against the election results in the US and in Belarus are equally wrong.

In reality we treat those cases differently - since the actual facts differ: protesting against a stolen election by a dictator isn't the same as protesting against a fairly fair election that a wanna-be-dictator want to overturn.

I mostly agree, except that they were so disorganized. They didn't have an end goal. They didn't even know where the hell they were going. Like you already alluded, the majority of these people are freakin dumb. I just don't see how it's the darkest day in American democracy that capital police were caught off guard and people got into where they shouldn't have been able to.
    The IED’s, attire, and presence of masked terrorists with fist-fulls of zip-ties tells a different story. Sure, there were probably “regular” racist Trump supporters that were in attendance. They were to be used as cover for a far more insidious, pre-meditated attempt at usurping the US government, taking hostages/victims and claiming total power instigated by terrorist gangs like the Proud Boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Timester View Post
    "A QAnon promoter stormed the Capitol. Now, he's upset people are saying he's 'antifa'":

https://www.sfgate.com/nation/articl...z-15852663.php
    Holy fuck, the "indisputable evidence" screen I talked about came from Trump's lawyer...
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Well, the first of many Cabinet members to resign. Just happens to be the wife of Bitch, I mean Mitch McConnell.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao will resign in protest after a violent mob overran the Capitol after being incited by President Trump, a source with knowledge of her decision said Thursday.

Chao would become the first Cabinet official, and the highest-ranking member of the administration, to resign in the wake of Trump's incendiary rally and its violent aftermath on Wednesday.

"Yesterday, our country experienced a traumatic and entirely avoidable event as supporters of the President stormed the Capitol building following a rally he addressed," Chao wrote in a letter to Transportation Department staff, obtained by The Hill. "As I'm sure is the case with many of you, it has deeply troubled me in a way that I simply cannot set aside."

Her exit is a sharp rebuke of a president who has alienated even some of his closest supporters with his increasingly unhinged rhetoric. Chao has served as Transportation secretary since Trump's inauguration. She served as Secretary of Labor for eight years under President George W. Bush.

Chao is married to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who spent much of Wednesday locked in an undisclosed and secure location under armed guard as Trump-backing rioters marauded through the Capitol.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    nah we are just as bad, in the UK people are like 'we civilized the natives and look they all have railways now and beat us at cricket!'

most tories in empires act the same. Look how bad the fucking Australians are lol
    Yeah, Australian government engaged in a lot of extremely questionable behavior, be it in regards to their own indigenous people or in regards to their bouts of neo-colonialism in places like West Papua or East Timor. It just doesn't hit first pages of newspapers in rest of the western world because of how far Australia is from anyone else in that cultural sphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    The IED’s, attire, and presence of masked terrorists with fist-fulls of zip-ties tells a different story. Sure, there were probably “regular” racist Trump supporters that were in attendance. They were to be used as cover for a far more insidious, pre-meditated attempt at usurping the US government, taking hostages/victims and claiming total power instigated by terrorist gangs like the Proud Boys.
    Not just any zip ties, the kinds cops use for temporary detentions. They were planning on kidnapping members of Congress.

Also, a box truck with long guns, ammunition, and bomb making supplies found near the RNC offices (where there was an IED found, also at the DNC offices and Capitol building). Also, plenty of pictures of dudes with weighted gloves that were clearly looking for a brawl.

I mean, this was straight up domestic terrorism and there's no way it can be called anything but.