Thread: Genshin Impact

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindon View Post
    Can add that I started to frequent this thread just before the Childe banner. So what I said is basically from Childe and onward.

Reducing your contributions to only being disagreements for the use of "this character sucks" is not really true is it. You've also dismissed valid complaints as being nonsensical.

Then again, this conversation is going nowhere. Better to just drop it and let it be.
    Did you know that... Xiao sucks without any character support
    That you have to babysit him with your team. And give him all your best gear or it will still suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    That you have to babysit him with your team. And give him all your best gear or it will still suck.
    Ok?

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    most people playing this game have right about 0 idea when it comes to character performance and BeepBoo
    Mhmm. Please provide anything other than pure theorycrafted comparisons. I'll admit he's weak when you have a way of taking the full breadth of a situation into account from actual in-game measurements. Something akin to warcraft logs statistics. However, that's highly unlikely. You can't possibly account for all the variables in the game. The different possible set builds, the different team comps, etc. Best bet would be to just pick a non-elemental enemy type that can take a hit, build a team comp that attempts to maximize a character, and try to get clear times as short as possible, but there isn't a standard for that yet afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post

There is an island off the cost of Starfell Valley, I can't quite reach it yet because I don't have enough stamina, has anyone had any luck getting there? is it worth it?
    That's the one 1 usecase for amber. You can get there with her. And no there isn't really anything special there tbh. Maybe if you wanna farm crabs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    I'd suggest you to stay as far away from Sucrose as you can before you get chars like Klee or Mona, she's completely useless on her own and only works as an AoE elemental combos enabler.
    Uh...you don't need Klee or Mona specifically. Any character works. Sucrose E and Q does massive damage. She's far from useless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    It's almost like...every character in this game needs gear and a good comp to succeed. Should I go on a rant about how much Klee sucks? Cuz mine does but that's my own fault for not having her built properly and having a good comp for her.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    That's the one 1 usecase for amber. You can get there with her. And no there isn't really anything special there tbh. Maybe if you wanna farm crabs.
    Isn't that the island with the hidden quest chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Today's hot take to annoy half the thread:

I would totally try Lisa if I had constellations on her. Even without constellations her Q is actually pretty ok, and at C6 her E is basically just another Q that you don't have to build energy for.
    Im thinking about using Lisa's artifacts to feed other characters. My 1 week Lisa project was so disappointing (>_<)
    No idea how she is with c's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Today's hot take to annoy half the thread:

I would totally try Lisa if I had constellations on her. Even without constellations her Q is actually pretty ok, and at C6 her E is basically just another Q that you don't have to build energy for.
    What are you talking abauth. Lisa is great at one thing ---) climbing

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Im thinking about using Lisa's artifacts to feed other characters. My 1 week Lisa project was so disappointing (>_<)
    No idea how she is with c's.
    She isnt worth building untill she gets a banner (if ever). You need her at least C2.

Ok, my next 1 week till level 80 project will be mister Chongyun.

I have him at c6 and he will be my first max constellation character leveled (and actually the only one i have)

For the love of all that is holy...be better than Lisa (>_<)

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Uh...you don't need Klee or Mona specifically. Any character works. Sucrose E and Q does massive damage. She's far from useless.
    I wouldn't know, the only way she could kill a mob when I tried her was if it died laughing. Trying to get some Klee combos with other characters and her was so underwhelming I just shelved her. I honestly can't imagine her doing "massive damage" unless she's highly upgraded, and I'd say that's not really the kind of investment you should be making before you develop your main DPSers to a decent level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account

I have him at c6 and he will be my first max constellation character leveled (and actually the only one i have)

He isnt and his animation is so long (basic one) that gets interupted by mobs... not kidding. And it also doesnt work well with most users that buff their weapons with their element as his zone will overwrite it.

Even his C6 looks like a joke.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't know, the only way she could kill a mob when I tried her was if it died laughing. Trying to get some Klee combos with other characters and her was so underwhelming I just shelved her. I honestly can't imagine her doing "massive damage" unless she's highly upgraded, and I'd say that's not really the kind of investment you should be making before you develop your main DPSers to a decent level.
    I been running with Sucrose + Clustered Vacuum Field + Sacrificial Fragments and she murders lvl 90 monsters with klee bombs on lvl 40... not kidding.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.i7jaoirmvptn

Her main damage comes from reactions and stacking elemental mastery turns her into a monster. Heck having 2 sets that give this is pretty good if you dont have a Viridescent relic.

Chong is great in Melt teams, where you can utilize his cryo applications and significant burst damage potential from his Q.

Much like Diluc, I wouldn't try to use him as a straight up auto-attacker.
    Ok hear me out...Diluc and Chong...right?

How can it be bad??? Is impossible, you just need a bit of management.

Like, Diluc's E still hits for fire damage inside Chong zone!!!
    And Diluc has zero physical damage bonus so he isnt losing anyhting by hitting inside the zone.

What u can "manage" is once Diluc is empowered with fire after a burst....you get out of the zone.

How can this be bad?

It's not bad at all, Diluc/Chong are an integral part of some of the "meta" Melt teams. (Bennett as well)

You can alternate their Pyro/Cryo applications and abilities to put out some massive burst.
    Oh, i thought it was commonly known to be a bad comp those 2 together.
    I didnt know thanks

The difficulty with diluc/chungus is diluc's biggest dmg window is immediately after his ult, which his sword is on fire and overwrites any other attack-altering elemental mods (meaning chungus's zone doesn't apply ice on normal attacks). This is why I prefer someone with a more straight forward elemental application for reactions, like kaeya or any caster.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Isn't that the island with the hidden quest chain?
    Yeah pretty sure its the sundial/clock one.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    yeah, that's what I've been doing I all my characters are at least 20. I am planning on working on a second team but im not sure what to run with it, I definitely want a caster in it, I did just roll Ningguang, but im not sure how she works out in a team, i rolled sucrose like 5 times so maybe i should just use her though.

I definitely agree with the last sentiment. I figured i'd focus on a few characters just while i did the story and so i'd have more resources when i finally understood the game a bit better.
    Imo Find characters you like playing. Also characters like Beidou, Xiangling, and Kaeya are extremely useful to level even if you don't use them in your main team as their ults stay active when you switch characters if you play solo.

she gets really strong at c6, ascension 4 and a lot of EM. Also think sacrificial fragments is pretty much required on her. Mine is especially strong though cuz I pair her with diona's c6.

- - - Updated - - -

I finally started leveling Fischl. Idk where I was this whole time lol. Tbf though, I just got c6 so that was main reason I started leveling her up.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2021-01-08 at 03:06 AM.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone tell me is this game any good?
    is it pay to win?
    is it free?
    Is it open world?
    I have also seen in on mobile, so that's rise me many questions!

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    is it pay to win?
    is it free?
    Is it open world?
    The game is free (bit more explanation in a bit), so you might as well try it out. It's pretty popular and I'm still enjoying it, though some of my friends don't like it that much, so only you can be the judge on if it's good.

It uses a 'gacha' system, similar to many mobile games, if you're familiar with those. That is, you can play for free and will get some characters/gear by playing, but the majority of characters/gear will be randomly obtained by using premium currency. You can earn this currency by playing (including via daily quests), though it can't be endlessly farmed, and paying real money allows you to buy more. So a player that spends money will be able to get more characters/gear faster, but there is no PvP or leaderboards of any form, so you'll never be competing against other players.

I would consider the game open-world. The world is of moderate size at the moment; it'll get larger as content patches are added.

The game is completely cross-platform between PC and mobile; it's also available on PlayStation 4, but I don't think PS4 players/accounts are compatible with PC/Mobile ones.

Stood in the Fire october breeze's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    The game is free (bit more explanation in a bit), so you might as well try it out. It's pretty popular and I'm still enjoying it, though some of my friends don't like it that much, so only you can be the judge on if it's good.

It uses a 'gacha' system, similar to many mobile games, if you're familiar with those. That is, you can play for free and will get some characters/gear by playing, but the majority of characters/gear will be randomly obtained by using premium currency. You can earn this currency by playing (including via daily quests), though it can't be endlessly farmed, and paying real money allows you to buy more. So a player that spends money will be able to get more characters/gear faster, but there is no PvP or leaderboards of any form, so you'll never be competing against other players.

I would consider the game open-world. The world is of moderate size at the moment; it'll get larger as content patches are added.

The game is completely cross-platform between PC and mobile; it's also available on PlayStation 4, but I don't think PS4 players/accounts are compatible with PC/Mobile ones.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by october breeze View Post
    Personally I enjoy playing it. The only way to answer that question is if you try it out yourself.
    is it pay to win?
    Kind of. If you put down more money into the game you will get better items (and characters) than other players.
    is it free?
    Yes. You are free to play everything the game has to offer without spending a dime.
    Is it open world?
    Yes. It has a few instanced "dungeons" though.
    You can play it on your phone without a problem but personally I wouldn't really recommend doing that as your main platform. It is fine to do so when you just can't sit by your computer but the controls, ping and whatever else you can think of is such a hindrance to your playing. It is much, much harder to do what you're doing fine on your computer on your phone.

Note: If you're going to try it I would recommend that you check the current prices of the ingame store in both your local currency and US dollars. If you create an account through your phone (iphone) then you will be locked to your local currency which might have higher prices than the US dollar equivalent.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2021-01-08 at 04:25 AM.

@Josuke there is a questline in that island. It either started there or it was a part of it.
    THere is this compas-arrow thing on the island. You have the same at thousand winds temple. they are connected in the questline but cannot remember what was the quest.
    apart from that great place to farm crabs, some hidden chests and anemo. check the wall behind that island. I finished that questline like in the first week but didn't realize there was a big chest until 2 days ago.