Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I got back into Shadowlands because of a friend that wanted to play it. He mains a warrior and i main a demon hunter, almost no groups will take us. Demon Hunter utterly sucks in pvp and warriors can't get into a mythic+, I barely can. Thank the Arbiter for Timewalking Ulduar!

seriously hoping something changes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    I got back into Shadowlands because of a friend that wanted to play it. He mains a warrior and i main a demon hunter, almost no groups will take us. Demon Hunter utterly sucks in pvp and warriors can't get into a mythic+, I barely can. Thank the Arbiter for Timewalking Ulduar!

seriously hoping something changes soon.
    I doubt anything will change anytime soon. You can increase your chances if your buddy goes tank or if you run your own keys. Applying as DPS is a lost cause. DPS warriors are a meme at this point.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

DPS Warriors do great damage in dungeons, as well as some passable dungeon utility (Shout/Cry/Fear/Intercept > DbtS). We're not meta, but we're capable of holding our own.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    IO score matters a whole lot more for M+, I have a dogshit awful score and have to prove myself, but I'm always top dps for like 95% of the run and surprise everyone.
    That's the keyword, you surprise everyone, and although that is great, nobody want to take chances with low rio people whether they will surprise and do good dps, or godawful dps on pair with tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    DPS Warriors do great damage in dungeons, as well as some passable dungeon utility (Shout/Cry/Fear/Intercept > DbtS). We're not meta, but we're capable of holding our own.
    We really don't. Unless you think that 4k single target damage and 10k on big groups only when cooldowns are available is great.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    We really don't. Unless you think that 4k single target damage and 10k on big groups only when cooldowns are available is great.
    5.0-5.5k overall in a dungeon as Arms is pretty solid from what I've seen, and we have strong AoE even without Avatar/BS thanks to Dreadnaught/Warbreaker. We're not THAT bad in dungeons. Not enough to warrant the pity party, anyway.

5.0-5.5k overall in a dungeon as Arms is pretty solid from what I've seen, and we have strong AoE even without Avatar/BS thanks to Dreadnaught/Warbreaker. We're not THAT bad in dungeons. Not enough to warrant the pity party, anyway.
    Strong aoe? Seriously, DN isn't strong; not compared to other classes' aoe. While 5-5.5k overall dps is solid (not great), I have yet to see a dps warrior sustain that. That said, I'll probably never have that pleasure because no one ever invites one to the group.

I like how all the complaints are people saying “I can’t find,” and/or “it’s impossible to find a group without X.” Make your own group. Problem solved. Learn how to utilize the group maker tool as well as raider.io. Learn which servers to avoid (I personally cringe every time I see someone from Ragnaros join the group).

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    I've been pugging m+ since ever.. Most often than not people with this kind of argument are the kind of people that can't even pull their own weight, end up with low scores and then blame the system.
    I mean just because you have been doing it does not mean it's optimal or good for not fotm classes.
    I am a tank, we have a healer and two dps most of the time. When I put up a +14 into the que I get over 50 sign ups in seconds. It can't be nice to be pugging as a dps.

To OP: I can't take your post serious when you pain warriors so overly negatively and put paladins sac or monks RoP. as a benefit over warriors shout. Also you can get CR as an engineer. Two big benefits are BL and CR. CR is fully replicable, but drums suck. The only thing which stops warriors from getting invites is "not meta".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna do the usual ignorant "I don't know what you're talking about" thing and project my personal experience. I don't play a warrior, but 90% of those I've met play competitively, and I'm a enhance shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Strong aoe? Seriously, DN isn't strong; not compared to other classes' aoe. While 5-5.5k overall dps is solid (not great), I have yet to see a dps warrior sustain that. That said, I'll probably never have that pleasure because no one ever invites one to the group.
    A combination of Dreadnaught & our big AoE abilities really can make for some nutty burst numbers, & thanks to SS/Dreadnaught our non-CD damage (I know SS is 30s but it's up for every pack) is still pretty strong. Back to back Bladestorms with Prideful sees my DPS hit 20k+ on a big enough pull, & yeah hunters hit 30k+ on those same pulls, but it's still pretty damn good.

Maybe it's a gear thing, maybe it's a playing with people I know thing, but doing 5k+ has been a non-issue in most dungeons, and I'm a bang average DPS Warrior player. Some are definitely more melee-unfriendly, and some affixes are horrible (like that one a week or so back... The little spawny dudes), but I never really feel like I'm holding my team back when doing 14s/15s.

A combination of Dreadnaught & our big AoE abilities really can make for some nutty burst numbers, & thanks to SS/Dreadnaught our non-CD damage (I know SS is 30s but it's up for every pack) is still pretty strong. Back to back Bladestorms with Prideful sees my DPS hit 20k+ on a big enough pull, & yeah hunters hit 30k+ on those same pulls, but it's still pretty damn good.

Maybe it's a gear thing, maybe it's a playing with people I know thing, but doing 5k+ has been a non-issue in most dungeons, and I'm a bang average DPS Warrior player. Some are definitely more melee-unfriendly, and some affixes are horrible (like that one a week or so back... The little spawny dudes), but I never really feel like I'm holding my team back when doing 14s/15s.
    That's my point; it's just not good. On groups where we do 10k, others do 20k. When we do 20k and let me remind you that to do these 20k, we need at least blade storm and a huge pack, others will do at least 30k.

You can't say we're doing well by just looking at numbers. You have to put it into perspective; I used to play arms and thought my burst damage on cleave was insane, until I grouped up with a DK that was 3 ilvl lower, he burst 16k dps and ended up between 6 and 7k dps on tyrannical.

Well it is the least magical class in the game, a guy who just swings a weapon with A LOT of strength and likes yelling.

I guess at least warriors have the highest mobility out of all the plate users.

I leveled paladin and DK as my first two characters in SL and god damn they are so slow to move in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Well, if me and my mates require a DPS for our runs at 12-15 keys the amount of people signing up is kinda silly at the moment. There's usually so many I can't even check them all, so we usually just check out the few classes that could be of benefit - and a DPS warrior is, unfortunately, never that class. Unless we're doing low shit keys and just want battle shout because we can just brute force those keys.

Shadowlands dungeons and certain affixes being melee unfriendly doesn't really help either.
    When I start my groups (as a tank) i usually just close my eyes and randomly invite the DPS.

Otherwise I tend to grab people in the middle of the pack.

ivl 190, 195 and 200? I'll take the 195

The ammount of people playing DPS vs healer/tank is baffling. Honestly, I'm happy that my least favorite role is DPS and always Tank or Heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Omedon View Post
    Don't PUG M+.
    Its easy to pug m+ if you have strong social skills. Probably the most important aspect is to shut down any angry comments in group chat. If someone posts a negative comment in group chat, appeal to their better nature by WHISPERING something like "please don't be critical, people will leave." Do this for anyone who acts this way. Make sure its a whisper to avoid public humiliation. I'd say 9/10 times, the toxic behavior immediately stops. Really I've seen it work 100% of the time, but I suppose someday I'll see a case where it doesn't. In fact, not only does the toxic behavior end, but in probably the majority of cases, the toxic person completely flips to becoming a cheerleader and becomes very supportive of the group (possibly out of a feeling of guilt).
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthias View Post
    Warrior burst also seems to inferior in comparision to a Mages
    Talk about an understatement. I don't know about Arms yet but Fury has no burst outside of Bladestorm and even that isn't that great.

Edit: That being said, on overall damage we aren't THAT far behind. Our dmg can be a little embarrassing on bosses though, especially if they're short fights and we can't get our sustained damage out. We lack utility though, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sagnar View Post
    The problem is not necessary the class itself, but also the constant min/max meta. People will always choose the bis item/classes in the game.

Blizzard are simply not adjusting and tuning the classes fast enough. They do minor tweeks with numbers in the backround, but ignore useless talents and combination for all specs. Usually this tuning "may" happend in the upcoming major patch(Many months away), but they always say big changes are not good for patches, but rather next expansion.

For my point of view. They are so out of touch with the playerbase regarding tuning.
    Can you remind me of a time when dps warrs (or even prot) have been the meta?
    Last edited by Season2mask; 2021-01-07 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Talk about an understatement. I don't know about Arms yet but Fury has no burst outside of Bladestorm and even that isn't that great.

Edit: That being said, on overall damage we aren't THAT far behind. Our dmg can be a little embarrassing on bosses though, especially if they're short fights and we can't get our sustained damage out. We lack utility though, yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you remind me of a time when dps warrs (or even prot) have been the meta?
    Prot was the meta mythic+ tank for 3 of the 4 seasons in BFA??

And not that it matters, but warriors own classic so hard it’s broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post

Okay, arms or fury then?

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Okay, arms or fury then?
    If you have to go dps, arms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post

Both instances are utterly irrelevant.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait warriors still play this game? I literally haven't seen one all expansion so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Surreal
    grim toll is the worst trinket you could get for survival. Hands down Meteorite wheat stone is better than it.