Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    WTF?

The story ****IS**** the game. Everything else just assists in TELLING the story.
    ****WRONG**** For some the game is PVP. For some the game is increasing their power and raid logging. For some the game is competing in mythic+ dungeons. For some the game is collecting transmogs, mounts, toys, and pets. For some the game is playing the auction house and making as much gold as possible. For others the game is the story.

This is an MMORPG, with so many different paths you can take to get your fulfillment from the game. Is PVP required to play the game? No. Is bolstering your collections required to play the game? No. Is improving your player power required to play the game? Depends on the path you take, but in most cases yes. Are quest storylines required to play the game? Depends on the path you take, but in most cases no. Does the questline from Bolvar increase player power? No, therefore it is not required, and thus ****OPTIONAL**** like everything else in an MMORPG.

My only issue is the crazy ramp up in dmg you get progressively in the last 2-3 floors. It's fun and doable, then all of a sudden you start getting hit for 5x what you were on the previous floor.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Longest layer for me took me nearly an hour and a half, but that was on layer 8. Layer 1-5 took me 45 minutes each, with 6-7 taking about an hour each (yes, I timed them all just out of curiosity sake).

This content is literally one and done, and there's absolutely no reason to rush through it if you're feeling overwhelmed by it. People asked for content that just awarded cosmetics, and they got it, but are now complaining it's too long?

Twisting corridors is meant to be long, that's the whole fucking point of it. I would always suggest clearing most of everything, but there are things you can do to make the run way faster if you aren't stupid about it. Movement speed buffs (or long jump ability) shave lots of times off of each run, in addition to the power that shows you which mobs are actually carrying anima powers. If you know what mobs carry anima powers, you can make quick work of each floor, killing only what you need and moving on.

I wouldn't be opposed to them having save states on vendor or boss floors to make it more manageable. For now, I'd just make sure you have a decent amount of time to spare.

At the end of the day it awards a toy, pet, title and mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksymilian View Post
    Twisting Corridors SUX - I completed solo layer 1, didn’t die even once, had still 1400 phantasma (nothing to buy), but it took me 2.5 HOURS.

IS BLIZZARD INSANE?

If I end my work at 16:00, got to home at 17:00, eat and do something, I can start your TWISTING CORRIDORS at 20:00 and maybe - MAYBE - I will finish it at 22:30 and I will can go sleep then.

DON’T YOU HAVE A LIFE?!
    Yes, we already know that they have phones, but what about life?

This is the worst design I have ever seen.
    If I wanted to spend 2.5 hours IN ONE DUNGEON I would be playing WOW CLASSIC not a Shadowlands.

And we can’t even leave Torghast after - let me say - 6th floor, SAVE it (somehow) and finish it later.

No! You have to spend 2.5h with computer beating this boring easy SHIT

And remember - DON’T PEE - becuase in Torghast there are many random effects that can kill you if you will be AFK for 2 minutes.

Hey and what about DISCONNECT on 17th floor?
    Do you imagine that your Internet is offline for 30 minutes, Torghast kicks you out and you have to start it again?

ARE THEY SERIOUS?TWISTING CORRIDORS ARE TOO LONG
    You create an account to complain this? Lol, Okay, if you don't like it. Just Don't do it.

2.5 hours sounds like a need to learn to use my class better problem not a time problem.

Took me like 2.5 hours for layer 8 as a fire mage. I felt like I got unlucky though. I had floor 1 to 15 on the HP floor, then fire buff from 15 to 17 so every single mob had like 150k HP. Maybe layer 8 just had all HP? I'm not sure. Final boss had 10m HP
    Last edited by Zeusy; 2021-01-07 at 10:23 PM.

I literally can't complete Twisting Corridors without aggravating my RSI. I can do other forms of content because they don't involve non-stop key smashing.

I agree, it takes too long. Each level was supposed to be shorter than normal Torghast but that is really not the case.

I don't plan to do back until I totally outgear the place. Not because it's particularly difficult, it isn't. Just to get through it faster.

Like others said you only ever have to do it once per account so it isn't a huge deal, but all I can say is I wasn't enjoying my time there. Would prefer more challenging mechanics to just a really, really long slog.

Twisting Corridors SUX - I completed solo layer 1, didn’t die even once, had still 1400 phantasma (nothing to buy), but it took me 2.5 HOURS.

IS BLIZZARD INSANE?

If I end my work at 16:00, got to home at 17:00, eat and do something, I can start your TWISTING CORRIDORS at 20:00 and maybe - MAYBE - I will finish it at 22:30 and I will can go sleep then.

DON’T YOU HAVE A LIFE?!

If I wanted to spend 2.5 hours IN ONE DUNGEON I would be playing WOW CLASSIC not a Shadowlands.

And we can’t even leave Torghast after - let me say - 6th floor, SAVE it (somehow) and finish it later.

And remember - DON’T PEE - becuase in Torghast there are many random effects that can kill you if you will be AFK for 2 minutes.

Do you imagine that your Internet is offline for 30 minutes, Torghast kicks you out and you have to start it again?

There's the Unsub button ~~~~>

If you are spending 2.5 hours in there... you are doing it wrong. I cleared all 18 floors within 45 minutes

This reminds me so much of the complainers that couldn't handle the Mage Tower at the start.

Don't worry, time will act as a natural nerf to TC as well.

Its for fun dosent matter if its long no power reward anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    You've made your personal opinion clear.
    There are games without any story at all. Still they are games. It's not a personal opinion that games don't need a story to be games. And even RPGs don't. Especially multiplayer ones, where in theory the players could create their own stories. Granted, that isn't something prominent; I can only think of Eve online as an example, but it is a fact that games don't need a story to be good or popular. Examples here are Civilization, Minecraft, pretty much any MOBA, any simulation game (e.g Cities Skylines) or even some old school MMORPGs like runescape. Infact, you could probably erase the story part of any Multiplayer game and it would still be as successful. I would go so far as to say that a MMO is a terrible way to create a game centered around a story, since you'll have to make huge sacrifices because of gameplay reasons.
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2021-01-07 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    You mean the bolvar quest? You can just go in, do the 6 floor thingy, get 1/3 done, out, repeat now its 2/3, out and repeat now its 3/3 and your quest is done, you do not need to finish it. 6 floor run should not be an issue with any class.
    You still have to go into TC. Therefore, not optional.

Have to agree on the length, didn’t find it that fun to keep doing the same thing floor after floor after floor after floor after floor......

Only did Layer 1, took me around ~1h, had a lot of fun with OP combos.

Will only go through the 8 layers once, so it's fine to take a bit, or require a bit more gear (have no clue about how difficult the latter layers are).

So I did 6 layers so far.. The grind is ridiculous, if they had just let us go in Layer 8 I would have probably cleared it on my first try but instead have to slog through hours and hours. I quite like Torghast, but the twisting corridors offer very little and layers 2-4 actually have no rewards at all and are just a mandatory stepping stone.. If Torghast had some rewards it'd be great, but currently it's just hours of grinding for quite literally nothing just so you can have access to layer 8 for the mount.

For me at least the scaling/ramp up and difficulty is fine, my char is only ilvl204 and unless there is a huge leap in difficulty at layer 7/8 I'm gonna clear it this weekend.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I wouldn't say the scaling is fine. It's really off and weird.

at Floor 15 or 16 (doesn't matter which layer), all of a sudden, mobs can two shot you even though you have 150k HP.
    At least the scaling for my Hunter is super weird.

I can clear it.. but it's just weird. Not sure if melees have the same problem but I've heard friends are dropping from 100% to 20% back up to 100% down to 25% all the time on the later floors.

And in my opinion some classes might actually lack a proper scaling tool to get enough damage for it to not be tedious.
    Hunter for example is super reliant on that binding-shot thingy that increases crit and critdmg by 100% 8s for damage and the Tar Trap powers (slow% increase) for survivability imho.
    But the Hunter anima powers are all relatively boring compared to others as far as I'm concerned and I actually see myself having problems at some point if new layers are introduced without new powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    So I did 6 layers so far.. The grind is ridiculous, if they had just let us go in Layer 8 I would have probably cleared it on my first try but instead have to slog through hours and hours. I quite like Torghast, but the twisting corridors offer very little and layers 2-4 actually have no rewards at all and are just a mandatory stepping stone.. If Torghast had some rewards it'd be great, but currently it's just hours of grinding for quite literally nothing just so you can have access to layer 8 for the mount.
    This is the only Issue I have. And thats Minor. People grind far more time for less usefull mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    For me at least the scaling/ramp up and difficulty is fine, my char is only ilvl204 and unless there is a huge leap in difficulty at layer 7/8 I'm gonna clear it this weekend.
    Just did 7, and it felt like they hit me for much much more than in 6. But Could also be that I just didnt get that many good Anima Powers.

IS BLIZZARD INSANE?

DON’T YOU HAVE A LIFE?!

Layer 1 and it took 2.5hrs? Try getting some gear and it'll shorten that quite a bit. Twisting Corridors is meant to be optional and that is why no soul ash is tied to it. Pure "cosmetic". All it rewards is a pet, toy, title and mount that can be used in the maw. Don't like it don't do it. Not for the faint of heart like you. And there are safe levels like 3,6,9,12,15,18 so ya you can take breaks. Stated No! You have to spend 2.5h with computer beating this boring easy SHIT but you're on layer 1 so ya.
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2021-01-08 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    First layer took me like.. An hour? 70 minutes? And I was being slow and methodical.
    The next 7 layers took me on average 40 minutes.

How you spend 2.5 hours in there, I don't get.

But really, just don't do it if you don't like it. It's nor mandatory, there's no special rewards you get.
    Layer 2 is a shit pet, layer 4 is a cosmetic toy, 6 is a title, and 8 is a maw mount. Just get the mount from the hunt instead