Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Alright I'm not going to argue with someone that keeps backtracking.
    I didn't backtrack on anything. There simply wasn't this "other races shouldn't be DKs!" outcry.

The evidence is there, take it if you want but I won't know/care.
    Your evidence has been shown to be bogus.

Where is all the other evidence that you said you could find "if I wanted"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Want me to get some more for you or are you satisfied with this?
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    ... by stating that my opinion is "misinformation," you are telling me to stop stating my opinion.
    Which is different than me telling you to change your opinion, like you accused me of. You're free to believe what you want, but you shouldn't spread misinformation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jeokaleo View Post
    I know that people always have classes that they want to see implemented. But based on the way the world is right now and all of the lore, what classes could we realistically expect in the future? Based on people in the world.
    My opinion? Necromancers and bards seem to be increasingly possible recently. The necromancy theme has been expanded in this expansion, as well as hints about song-based magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's possible. Siegecrafter Blackfuse had automated Shredders assisting him. Nothing stops a Tinker class from also being able to call in automated mechs to assist them.

Again, from a lore perspective you have a Hunter tossing a fire bomb versus a Tinker flying a machine of death launching missiles, firing lasers, and dropping bombs on targets. Either way you slice it, the Tinker is going to have far more powerful explosives than a class based around archers/riflemen and their animal friends.

Yeah because their leader was influenced by Garrosh Hellscream, an Orc who detested magic and thoroughly embraced Goblin technology. The philosophy of the Iron Horde isn't the standard viewpoint of the Mag'har in of themselves.

Again, just an NPC who was there due to her connection to Gazlowe. I wouldn't look into anything beyond that.

Yeah, but Elves are the ones who kind of corner being the best at magic. Goblins and Gnomes are more the technological angle. It makes sense that Vulpera would be more along the lines of Goblins and Gnomes instead of Elves.
    Well, i'll be damned...he does call on them. I just can't see a Tinker class summoning that big of a robot.

Again with the tossing. Explosive Shot is not hurled. It is fired:
    "Fires an explosive shot at your target."

Rocket Barrage:
    "Launches your belt rockets at an enemy."

Goblin Rocket Launcher:
    "Fire a powerful rocket at the enemy."

"flying a machine of death"
    In our heads it might be. In lore, and maybe in gameplay, we don't know if that's gonna be the case.

These are not the Mag'har from Outland. These are the Mag'har from alternate Draenor. Their whole premise is being integrated with Iron Horde technology.

I like that you are quick to dismiss her as "just an NPC who was there due to a connection to Gazlowe" yet, you advocate for Vulpera, without flinching, and without anything concrete to back it up.

And why, exactly, would it make sense for Vulpera to be along the lines of Goblins and Gnomes when they, literally, have nothing in common beside using the same skeleton rig? Are they inventive like the Gnomes? are they explosive-maniacs, like the Goblins? No, they are along the lines of your common thief (Rogue).

I know that people always have classes that they want to see implemented. But based on the way the world is right now and all of the lore, what classes could we realistically expect in the future? Based on people in the world.
    Dark Ranger - with Sylvanas being so prominent, getting new looks and, probably, new abilities (as a raid boss).

Priestess of the Moon - with Tyrande being so prominent, getting new looks and, probably, new abilities (as a Night Warrior).

Sea Witch - Vashj being prominent in Maldraxxus.

Warden - Dark Wardens being raised in Darkshore.

Shadow Hunter - "though she could not say what fate held, the Winter Queen offered Vol'jin a chance to one day be reborn anew. Vol'jin accepted, saying that it would be time for him to begin a new hunt - after getting some rest".

Tinker - with Gelbin, actually, being a raid boss in BFA, with abilities.

Now, i did an expansion speculation thread.
    Class-wise, Battle for Azeroth's Light and Void theme, during the cinematic trailer and Visions of N'Zoth can only point to a Shadow Hunter, as it is said that:
    "The Shadow Hunters walk the line between darkness and light in hopes of salvaging the future for their savage brethren."

Shadowlands cinematic trailer points to a Cataclysm 2.0 expansion. I, personally, don't see a Dragon themed class, as the Dragonsworn is said to be a servitor of the Dragonflights, not a Dragon by itself. I do see it, though, bringing a Dragon race, as Blizzard had plans for one:
    "At BlizzCon 2010, it was mentioned in an offhand comment that something called a "dragonman" was based on unused concept art for a scrapped idea for a playable race."
    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...20180701204226
    (since it looks like a Samurai, i can see a Blademaster being added to the game)

Therefore, the only class the Shadowlands cinematic can hint at is a Dark Ranger (Sylvanas).
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-07 at 10:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unbelievable View Post
    Well, i'll be damned...he does call on them. I just can't see a Tinker class summoning that big of a robot.

Again with the tossing. Explosive Shot is not hurled. It is fired:
    "Fires an explosive shot at your target."

Rocket Barrage:
    "Launches your belt rockets at an enemy."

Goblin Rocket Launcher:
    "Fire a powerful rocket at the enemy."
    It's the exact same situation. A hand held rocket launcher doesn't deploy the same level of explosive as a missile fired from a fighter jet or a bomb dropped by a bomber plane.

"flying a machine of death"
    In our heads it might be. In lore, and maybe in gameplay, we don't know if that's gonna be the case.
    Both Gazlowe and Gelbin displayed the ability for their mechs to perform aerial attacks. No reason a Tinker class with mechs would be any different. In fact, I could imagine an ability where the mech launches into the air and launches missiles and bombs at targets on the ground.

These are not the Mag'har from Outland. These are the Mag'har from alternate Draenor. Their whole premise is being integrated with Iron Horde technology.
    No, that was their premise in WoD. Nowadays they have largely reverted back to being old school Orcs. In fact, their entire concept is a more "pure" Orc than the tainted green ones.

I like that you are quick to dismiss her as "just an NPC who was there due to a connection to Gazlowe" yet, you advocate for Vulpera, without flinching, and without anything concrete to back it up.
    The fact that they're the Goblin's allied race. The fact that Vulperas as Tinkers would be wildly popular. The fact that Vulpera Tinkers would remove any issues about "popularity" since they are a wildly popular race.

And why, exactly, would it make sense for Vulpera to be along the lines of Goblins and Gnomes when they, literally, have nothing in common beside using the same skeleton rig? Are they inventive like the Gnomes? are they explosive-maniacs, like the Goblins? No, they are along the lines of your common thief (Rogue).
    The vulpera (pronounced "vuhl-PEH-ruh") are a race of nomadic fox people that inhabit the deserts of Vol'dun on Zandalar. Intelligent and resourceful, they travel across the dunes in caravans and survive by scavenging and trading. Though long hunted and enslaved by the sethrak of the Faithless empire, the vulpera found the strength to fight back after being aided by Horde adventurers in Vol'dun and have now pledged their loyalty to the Horde.
    The vulpera have lived in Vol'dun as free traders and merchants for countless generations.[6][7] For much of that time, they have been oppressed by the Faithless sethrak, who have enslaved countless vulpera over the years and forced them to work and fight for them.[8][9] The vulpera are mostly a passive people[1] and as such never found the ability to stop the sethrak.[9] At least one caravan tried to fight back, but they met only with defeat.[8]
    So again, we have no idea how they will adapt when in proximity to the Goblins.

Shadowlands cinematic trailer points to a Cataclysm 2.0 expansion. I, personally, don't see a Dragon themed class, as the Dragonsworn is said to be a servitor of the Dragonflights, not a Dragon by itself. I do see it, though, bringing a Dragon race, as Blizzard had plans for one:
    "At BlizzCon 2010, it was mentioned in an offhand comment that something called a "dragonman" was based on unused concept art for a scrapped idea for a playable race."
    Technically it could be one and the same.

It would work exactly as Death Knights did. They are both technically a class and a race since they are categorized as 'Undead' version of a playable race in the lore.

A Dragonsworn class could simply be introduced as a literal Dragon posing as a chosen Alliance/Horde racial avatar, and siding with the faction that feel best fits them. It would be little different than how Chromie chooses to portray herself as a Gnome or how Ebonhorn chooses to be a Tauren. All the racials would be the Dragon choosing to adopt mortal traits. The precedent is already set in the game.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2021-01-07 at 11:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that WoW doesn't need a new class, but if they did, it would have to be ranged and wear mail armor.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

It's the exact same situation. A hand held rocket launcher doesn't deploy the same level of explosive as a missile fired from a fighter jet or a bomb dropped by a bomber plane.

Both Gazlowe and Gelbin displayed the ability for their mechs to perform aerial attacks. No reason a Tinker class with mechs would be any different. In fact, I could imagine an ability where the mech launches into the air and launches missiles and bombs at targets on the ground.

No, that was their premise in WoD. Nowadays they have largely reverted back to being old school Orcs. In fact, their entire concept is a more "pure" Orc than the tainted green ones.

The fact that they're the Goblin's allied race. The fact that Vulperas as Tinkers would be wildly popular. The fact that Vulpera Tinkers would remove any issues about "popularity" since they are a wildly popular race.

So again, we have no idea how they will adapt when in proximity to the Goblins.
    The mech suit is neither a jet nor a plane.

Flying a few meters off the ground would be the same as the Demon Hunter's Rain From Above:
    Rain from Above PvP Talent
    Tank Specs – Row 1 PvP Talent
    Instant 1 min cooldown
    Requires Demon Hunter (Havoc)
    Requires level 30
    You fly into the air out of harm's way. While floating, you gain access to Fel Lance allowing you to deal damage to enemies below.

Would you say it is on the same power level?

Speaking of Rain From Above, it is a phrase of Pharah from Overwatch, while she uses Barrage:
    "Pharah directs a continuous salvo of mini-rockets to destroy groups of enemies."
    Damage: Direct hit: 40
    Splash: 9 - 30
    Self: 4.5 - 15

D.Va's Micro Missiles:
    D.Va launches a volley of explosive rockets.
    Damage: Direct hit: 7 per missile
    Splash: 1 - 4 per missile
    Self: 1 - 4 per missile

Would you say it is more powerful than Junkrat's RIP-Tire?
    "Junkrat revs up a motorized tire bomb and sends it rolling across the battlefield, climbing over walls and obstacles. He can remotely detonate the RIP-Tire to deal serious damage to enemies caught in the blast, or just wait for it to explode on its own."
    Damage: 50 - 600.

On surface level, yes. But, they are alternate Draenor Orcs. Which, means that unlike the main universe's counterpart, they are more tech-inclined (Iron tech).

"Mag'har Deadeyes are Mag'har orcs located in Gorgrond during the Mag'har orc recruitment questline. After being rescued by the Horde, they are briefly seen in Durotar":
    Cluster Bombs — Equipped with Cluster Bombs.

The fact that they are the Goblin's allied race does not matter. The fact that they might be popular does not matter.

Every Horde race is in proximity to Goblins. Mag'har Orcs, even, adopted inspiration from their technology. The Forsaken used them when they invaded Darkshore. I see a lot more connections between those two, than Vulpera and Goblin.

"Intelligent and resourceful, they travel across the dunes in caravans and survive by scavenging and trading."

"The vulpera are a keen and intelligent race of nomadic scavengers. They are capable of turning what they find into opportunities to thrive and are skilled at solving problems, no matter their size."

"While they have permanent settlements in burrows, their caravans mostly travel from hideaway to hideaway, scavenging for supplies, trading them where they can, and spreading information they pick up along the way."

"Their scavenging often takes the form of looting artifacts and treasure from ancient ruins and selling them to the highest bidder."

"Dwelling in Vol'dun, the vulpera can't afford to waste resources. Over time, they have learned to take anything that looks even remotely useful and be creative using what they have, and they have learned to recognize value wherever it hides in the desert."

"Vulpera show a knack for alchemy, using potions and elixirs for a variety of effects."

Nothing that points to them being Tech-savvy. Everything points to them being more Rogue-like (looting and trading, alchemical potions and elixirs).

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Technically it could be one and the same.

It would work exactly as Death Knights did. They are both technically a class and a race since they are categorized as 'Undead' version of a playable race in the lore.

A Dragonsworn class could simply be introduced as a literal Dragon posing as a chosen Alliance/Horde racial avatar, and siding with the faction that feel best fits them. It would be little different than how Chromie chooses to portray herself as a Gnome or how Ebonhorn chooses to be a Tauren. All the racials would be the Dragon choosing to adopt mortal traits. The precedent is already set in the game.
    It's not like you don't have an Undead race in WoW, and that the Death Knight is the only one to fill that role.

A dragon-based class would categorize you as a dragon. The question is, would a dragon race or a dragon class be coming with the expansion (not the same thing).
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-08 at 12:22 AM.

It's not like you don't have an Undead race in WoW, and that the Death Knight is the only one to fill that role.

A dragon-based class would categorize you as a dragon. The question is, would a dragon race or a dragon class be coming with the expansion (not the same thing).
    Well this thread is about classes so I'd assume we are talking about a Dragon-based class.

If we're just talking about adding a Dragon race then yeah we can talk about those possibilities elsewhere in a New Race thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, the Tinker has to be the top option for a class that could realistically come into the game. There's plenty of spec options, we've seen Tinkers throughout Warcraft's lifetime (all the way back to WCIII), we've even fought against a team of them in Islands, and we really don't have a mechanical class in the game right now. The main issues I see for it are plot relation (could work with a number of plot lines, but seems secondary to many) and Engineering (which is IMO not much of an issue, there's a solid line between Engineer/Tinker).

Next likely is probably the Dragonsworn. Given the amount of Dragonflights out there as well as the pre-existing lore in the RPG, there's something there to work with. This one might be a ton of fun for the devs to create as it would be a lot like Monks were...not a lot of pre-existing setup, so more room for creativity. Plus, you could easily work this in with a Dragon Isles or Infinite Dragonflight expansion. No major issues here, but would feel a bit out of nowhere for several players.

Beyond that, I don't know that we've seen a truly strong candidate for a full new class. We've seen several one-spec ideas like the Dark Ranger or Necromancers, but each of those feel like it might be a bit of a stretch to get 2-3 classes from. Perhaps they could be expanded upon like Brewmaster was into a Monk spec, but it would IMO seem forced for many of them. Plus, many of the one-spec ideas pull from other classes (Dark Rangers from Hunters, Necromancers from DKs/Warlocks, etc). You could maybe make them work under a small class skins/new spec model, but that's going to be a ton of work for Blizz to balance all of those new specs as players will want each class to have at least one.

A lot of what comes out will for sure have to do with what the expansion plot is, but we also probably want to consider what new races might come with it and how that would affect new classes. Given that Blizz opted for no new races or classes, there's a chance they may opt to do both next expansion like they did in MoP. This is by no means guaranteed, but worth considering while looking at new classes. If Blizz opts for instance to add in Ogres for the Horde (probably the most requested Horde race), it is unlikely they would add in Tinkers at the same time. Ogre culture really does not lend itself to machinery of a Tinker-like nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mech suit is neither a jet nor a plane.
    It's a vehicle that can fly, like a jet or a plane.

Would you say it is on the same power level?
    Perhaps.

Would you say it is more powerful than Junkrat's RIP-Tire?
    We're seriously comparing Overwatch to WoW?

On surface level, yes. But, they are alternate Draenor Orcs. Which, means that unlike the main universe's counterpart, they are more tech-inclined (Iron tech).

Tech inclined?

The fact that they are the Goblin's allied race does not matter. The fact that they might be popular does not matter.
    Why?

The fact that Vulperas as Tinkers would be wildly popular.
    Your opinions aren't fact. For all we know, Vulpera might be at the bottom of the popularity for the races Blizzard allows to be tinker.

The fact that Vulpera Tinkers would remove any issues about "popularity" since they are a wildly popular race.
    Again, your opinions aren't fact. Also, the vulpera aren't anywhere near a "wildly popular" race. They barely break the 5% mark, while other races like NEs are at 10%, humans at 9% and blood elves at 23%
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-01-08 at 02:14 AM.

Tech inclined?
    Technology was very much a part of the design language used for the Iron Horde

The entire point was that the Iron Horde war machine was built around the use of technology, instead of demonic magic, this conception of yours that the only ones designing, building and operating said technology were the remnants of the Blackfuse Company who managed to get to Alternate Draenor has absolutely no basis and seems to just be a product of your own bias, here are multiple orcs who designed, built or operated various technological aspects of the Iron Horde

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Solog_Roark an "engineering prodigy" who designed the Iron Docks & Dreadnought ships
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Operator_Thogar who oversaw the the Grimrail train system
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Machinist_B%27randt A "machinist" who was overseeing the Iron Horde "super weapon" during the battle of Shattrath
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Master_Siegesmith_Uratok a "master siegesmith" who was assiting the Thunderlord clan

There are only like 4 named Goblins who play any role in the iron Horde war machine every other Goblin we see are nameless technicians & engineers of which we also see an equal number of Mag'har technicians & engineers among the Iron Horde

Even then the idea that a race can only have a class if they personally invented the concept/techniques has absolutely no basis, Humans taught Dwarves about the Light giving them Priests and Paladins, Night Elves taught the Tauren how to be Druids, Pandaren taught everyone else how to be Monks.

We still see the Mag'har utilizing said technology 30 years later in their war with the Lightbound, numerous siege machines and iron stars, we also literally only see a single war camp which was managed by a Warsong & a Frostwolf who were hardly the technologically inclined clans anyway, they were also a peace for decades so the massive technological war machine they built probably wasn't needed. we also see the Mag'har using Iron Stars in the faction assaults.

Heritage Armor is meaningless here, does the Kul Tiran heritage armor "fit" a Shaman or Druid or Death Knight? does the Goblin or Gnome fit any class thats currently in the game? does the Dwarf heritage armor fit a Mage, Monk, Warlock, Shaman or Priest?

Nobody is suggesting a Tinker/technology class be as widespread in terms of distribution among races as Warriors, Hunters or Rogues, most suggestions put have them being limited to races who have shown an inclination or willingness to use Technology in some form as a greater part of their society

Dwarves and Dark Irons (Golems and Mole Machines)
    Orcs and Mag'har (Iron Horde & Adapted Goblin tech)
    Goblins (no elaboration needed)
    Gnomes and Mechagnomes (no elaboration needed)
    Draenei and Lightforged (Warframes & argunite/arkanite powered technology)
    Blood Elves and Nightborne (Arcane powered Constructs)

6 Alliance races and 5 Horde races, 11 races which puts them on a similar level of distribution as Shamans & Warlocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Your opinions aren't fact. For all we know, Vulpera might be at the bottom of the popularity for the races Blizzard allows to be tinker.
    And they might not be.

Again, your opinions aren't fact. Also, the vulpera aren't anywhere near a "wildly popular" race. They barely break the 5% mark, while other races like NEs are at 10%, humans at 9% and blood elves at 23%
    Last I checked they were the most popular Allied Race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post
    Again, you're confusing the Iron Horde with the playable Mag'har. Yeah, the Iron Horde had examples of Orcs embracing tech, but that occured because of 30+ years of direct influence by Garrosh Hellscream and his push for a machine-based military force. When we return to Draenor 30 years after the events of WoD, the Mag'har aren't exactly an example of technological brilliance. By all accounts they have largely reverted back to their primitive lifestyle.

6 Alliance races and 5 Horde races, 11 races which puts them on a similar level of distribution as Shamans & Warlocks.
    The problem is that expansion classes tend to have equal racial distribution, and they also tend to be uniform in style. The idea that you're going to get a Tinker class with each race using its own form of tech is nonsense. More likely you're getting a class where everyone is using Goblin/Gnome technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    what game need now is wardens(to keep demon hunters under control how is posible a lot of demonhunters free,and 0 wardens watching them?xd),necromancers (i acept unholy rework to plate-caster),knights (warrior new spec or talent,would be nice a talent for warrior tanks can fight riding on their mount always ,giving them mobility y endurance,same for paladins or dk,or exclusive for warrior?i dont know...),a third demon hunter spec ranged with bow and magic(np if in the lore demon hunters havent bow,illidan had a bow,what elf havent a bow?xd....dark ranger may be for hunters,new spec or mm rework?

after these, I wouldn't care if bards or any rare class that you imagine came along.
    Give demon hunters the old survival spec of hunters. The old SV ranged spec was still 10000000000 times better than the hatched up hot pile of garbage it is today. I know, like the 6-10 sv mains are about to get mad but it's nothing personal to you Anther class using bows/crossbows/guns would be a good addition in my opinion. Or a combo class that can use melee or ranged (i.e. one spec like a rogue/fury warrior blend and one spec like a sv hunter focusing on ranged bleeds/poison/fire damage). Could make it trap heavy and not have pets for the ranged spec and for the melee spec focus on full size 1h weapons, no daggers or 2h weapons and make it about speed/crit striking.

Also, dark rangers have a lot of significance in lore do they not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InflaterMouse View Post
    Give demon hunters the old survival spec of hunters. The old SV ranged spec was still 10000000000 times better than the hatched up hot pile of garbage it is today. I know, like the 6-10 sv mains are about to get mad but it's nothing personal to you Anther class using bows/crossbows/guns would be a good addition in my opinion. Or a combo class that can use melee or ranged (i.e. one spec like a rogue/fury warrior blend and one spec like a sv hunter focusing on ranged bleeds/poison/fire damage). Could make it trap heavy and not have pets for the ranged spec and for the melee spec focus on full size 1h weapons, no daggers or 2h weapons and make it about speed/crit striking.
    You mean something like this;

Wouldn't hurt my feelings to have anything close to the old SV spec for hunters.

Edited to add: I would also like to see some work ups of dark rangers. I feel like it might be to close to a rogue/hunter mix but not sure.

And they might not be.
    And therefore proving my point that is: we don't know. Therefore you shouldn't spout your opinion as fact.

Last I checked they were the most popular Allied Race.
    Still a far, far cry from being a "wildly popular race". If you have to add caveats, they're not "wildly popular".
    Last edited by Ielenia; 2021-01-08 at 03:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Therefore you shouldn't spout your opinion as fact.
    The irony of this statement...

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Well this thread is about classes so I'd assume we are talking about a Dragon-based class.

If we're just talking about adding a Dragon race then yeah we can talk about those possibilities elsewhere in a New Race thread.
    That's not what i meant.

A Light and Void expansion, for example, cannot bring a Light or Void races, as we already have ones (Void elves & Lightforged Draenei). It can only bring a class or, nothing at all.

A Cataclysm 2.0 expansion can, either, bring a dragon race, a dragon class or nothing at all, along with it.

The question is, what would it bring?

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Beyond that, I don't know that we've seen a truly strong candidate for a full new class. We've seen several one-spec ideas like the Dark Ranger or Necromancers, but each of those feel like it might be a bit of a stretch to get 2-3 classes from. Perhaps they could be expanded upon like Brewmaster was into a Monk spec, but it would IMO seem forced for many of them. Plus, many of the one-spec ideas pull from other classes (Dark Rangers from Hunters, Necromancers from DKs/Warlocks, etc). You could maybe make them work under a small class skins/new spec model, but that's going to be a ton of work for Blizz to balance all of those new specs as players will want each class to have at least one.
    You sound, awfully, like Teriz.
    A Dark Ranger is a one spec. That's why i devised to combine it with Priestess of the Moon and Sea Witch, for a whole 3-specced class.

It's a vehicle that can fly, like a jet or a plane.

Perhaps.

We're seriously comparing Overwatch to WoW?

Tech inclined?

Why?
    So, everything that can fly is a plane or a jet? I can, technically, fly with a jet pack.
    You have to distinguish between a Mech suit and a combat jet plane. You'll be on the power level of D.Va, as she uses a Mech suit.

So, your mech explosives is the power of a Fel Lance but, not a Hunter explosive? seems kind of biased... just because the Demon Hunter flies doesn't make the Rain from Above more powerful Fel spell than other Fel spells (like, let's say a Warlock's Chaos Bolt).

Yes, we are. Because we have a similar situation. Just because it's not convenient to you, doesn't mean it doesn't fit. If Pharah and D.Va were playable HotS characters, would it have been more legitimate? because even there, they wouldn't be more powerful than Junkrat's explosives.

Damn...that's some badass art
    No. I meant something more like this:

Why? because that's not lore. That's why. I've shown you how Allied races' classes do not, always, match their main counterparts. Basing it on popularity would lean more towards Elves, Orcs, Undead and Humans than Vulpera - especially, considering the hate for Furries.

But, i'm willing to compromise (as long as you agree as well):

Gnome - Goblin (counterparts and iconic Tinkers).
    Mechagnome - Vulpera (Allied races of these main counterparts and, your desire).
    Dark Iron Dwarf - Mag'har Orc (Blackrock clan is the obvious counterpart to the Dark Iron Clan).
    Dwarf - Orc (Dwarves can be Tinkers in lore. and if their Allied races can be so, can they).
    Forsaken - Worgen (counterparts of one another. The Gilneans would be a perfect candidate for a 19th century Steampunk fantasy).

What do you say about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Imperator4321 View Post

The entire point was that the Iron Horde war machine was built around the use of technology, instead of demonic magic, this conception of yours that the only ones designing, building and operating said technology were the remnants of the Blackfuse Company who managed to get to Alternate Draenor has absolutely no basis and seems to just be a product of your own bias, here are multiple orcs who designed, built or operated various technological aspects of the Iron Horde

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Solog_Roark an "engineering prodigy" who designed the Iron Docks & Dreadnought ships
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Operator_Thogar who oversaw the the Grimrail train system
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Machinist_B%27randt A "machinist" who was overseeing the Iron Horde "super weapon" during the battle of Shattrath
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Master_Siegesmith_Uratok a "master siegesmith" who was assiting the Thunderlord clan

There are only like 4 named Goblins who play any role in the iron Horde war machine every other Goblin we see are nameless technicians & engineers of which we also see an equal number of Mag'har technicians & engineers among the Iron Horde

Even then the idea that a race can only have a class if they personally invented the concept/techniques has absolutely no basis, Humans taught Dwarves about the Light giving them Priests and Paladins, Night Elves taught the Tauren how to be Druids, Pandaren taught everyone else how to be Monks.

We still see the Mag'har utilizing said technology 30 years later in their war with the Lightbound, numerous siege machines and iron stars, we also literally only see a single war camp which was managed by a Warsong & a Frostwolf who were hardly the technologically inclined clans anyway, they were also a peace for decades so the massive technological war machine they built probably wasn't needed. we also see the Mag'har using Iron Stars in the faction assaults.

Heritage Armor is meaningless here, does the Kul Tiran heritage armor "fit" a Shaman or Druid or Death Knight? does the Goblin or Gnome fit any class thats currently in the game? does the Dwarf heritage armor fit a Mage, Monk, Warlock, Shaman or Priest?

Nobody is suggesting a Tinker/technology class be as widespread in terms of distribution among races as Warriors, Hunters or Rogues, most suggestions put have them being limited to races who have shown an inclination or willingness to use Technology in some form as a greater part of their society

Dwarves and Dark Irons (Golems and Mole Machines)
    Orcs and Mag'har (Iron Horde & Adapted Goblin tech)
    Goblins (no elaboration needed)
    Gnomes and Mechagnomes (no elaboration needed)
    Draenei and Lightforged (Warframes & argunite/arkanite powered technology)
    Blood Elves and Nightborne (Arcane powered Constructs)

Oh my god. You're, actually, backing me up? i'm about to burst into tears.

Jesus christ, how did they come up with this?
    Hearthstone devs and their crazy ideas...
    Last edited by Unbelievable; 2021-01-08 at 11:16 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, everything that can fly is a plane or a jet? I can, technically, fly with a jet pack.
    You have to distinguish between a Mech suit and a combat jet plane. You'll be on the power level of D.Va, as she uses a Mech suit.
    Uh no. I'm saying that like a Jet or Plane a Mech is a vehicle that can fly. They even have cockpits.

So, your mech explosives is the power of a Fel Lance but, not a Hunter explosive? seems kind of biased... just because the Demon Hunter flies doesn't make the Rain from Above more powerful Fel spell than other Fel spells (like, let's say a Warlock's Chaos Bolt).
    I have no idea how you can consider that biased. Explosives should be to the Tinker what Fel magic is to the Demon Hunter.

Yes, we are. Because we have a similar situation. Just because it's not convenient to you, doesn't mean it doesn't fit. If Pharah and D.Va were playable HotS characters, would it have been more legitimate? because even there, they wouldn't be more powerful than Junkrat's explosives.
    Um no, because Overwatch is not Warcraft. We can pull Warcraft concepts and abilities from the Warcraft characters in HotS, but that isn't the case for the Overwatch, Diablo, and Starcraft characters.

Damn...that's some badass art
    No. I meant something more like this:
    Yeah, the problem with this is that isn't the Tinker concept. The Tinker is a Goblin with a claw pack, and the expansion classes have played it pretty close to the WC3 roots of those class concepts. So the most likely situation is going to be a character (more than likely a small character) with a claw pack that can transform into a mech.

Like so;

Why? because that's not lore. That's why. I've shown you how Allied races' classes do not, always, match their main counterparts. Basing it on popularity would lean more towards Elves, Orcs, Undead and Humans than Vulpera - especially, considering the hate for Furries.
    Vulpera are the most popular allied race though, so obviously the hate for furries isn't translating into WoW.

In the end, given certain facts for expansion classes the most likely scenario for the racial distribution of the Tinker class would be Goblin/Gnome/Vulpera/Mechagnome. That gives you four races who can all effectively use Goblin technology assets, are all very small so that the mech graphic would look impressive but still be in range of size of playable races, and still align itself with the Tinker concept if Blizzard decides to implement the Tinker claw pack:

Last edited by Teriz; 2021-01-08 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    The irony of this statement...
    There is zero irony, though. It is, indeed, a fact that the bard concept can be used as a viable class in WoW.