Does the gameplay match Fury spec fantasy?

Right now we don't have anywhere near the amount of burst as some other specs in the game. In fact I feel like we're the opposite from when I played m+ in Legion and I was a wet noodle outside of reck. Now, outside of Bladestorm/DR (which isn't massive burst in comparison to what others can do, anyway) Fury is just sustained damage.

Do you think the gameplay fits the fantasy of the spec, a crazed berserker, right now? I personally feel like I'm not very...furious. Arms is the methodical, heavy hitting, chunky spec. Sure, Fury is fluid and feels good to play (outside of siege breaker, which feels very slow to me in comparison to the rest of the toolkit), but I think I preferred it when we were all about bursting and going mental with Odyn's Fury.

Your thoughts on if you think Fury could feel more furious and if you like it being sustained vs bursty?

To me, I don't feel it has matched the fantasy since they dramatically lowered APM by removing Heroic Strike in WoD and replacing rage "management" with what is effectively just an obfuscated combo point system.

Quote Originally Posted by Season2mask View Post
    Right now we don't have anywhere near the amount of burst as some other specs in the game. In fact I feel like we're the opposite from when I played m+ in Legion and I was a wet noodle outside of reck. Now, outside of Bladestorm/DR (which isn't massive burst in comparison to what others can do, anyway) Fury is just sustained damage.

Do you think the gameplay fits the fantasy of the spec, a crazed berserker, right now? I personally feel like I'm not very...furious. Arms is the methodical, heavy hitting, chunky spec. Sure, Fury is fluid and feels good to play (outside of siege breaker, which feels very slow to me in comparison to the rest of the toolkit), but I think I preferred it when we were all about bursting and going mental with Odyn's Fury.

Your thoughts on if you think Fury could feel more furious and if you like it being sustained vs bursty?
    They've definitely slowed Fury down a lot, but for the past 2+ years the niche has been sustained rather than burst.

It wasn't so much the removal of Odyn's Fury that caused this but the removal of the weapon talent that gave Recklessness a 30%+ increase to critical strike damage.

I expect Fury to improve over the expansion as weapons keep getting better and we cap to the DR on Haste sometime next tier most likely. Once we've hit that haste soft-cap is when balance will occur.

If you're expecting to get a return to burst though that just isn't going to happen and instead it's going to be all about learning the fights so you can juggle in our small bur frequent burst windows for biggest effect.

I miss Odyn's Fury and Battle Cry, and most definitely do not miss hitting like a wet noodle out of it. Fury Legion was great... up until Antorus where our entire toolkit was based around Battle Cry windows and completely insane execute damage and you might as well stop DPSing outside of these. Feeling like shit 70% of the fight isn't great design.

I do think they could buff Recklessness to give an even greater increase to Haste, and/or give back the 25% haste granted by Enrage instead of SL's 15%, and really replace Dragon Roar with Odyn's Fury already. Aside that Fury plays really well, it just needs a tune-up.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Depends what the fantasy is. I think it definitely did pre-cata, the more rage you got the more heroic strikes you'd do and with the animation combined with the sound effects it worked well, the damage numbers too with high rage just felt like you were really blasting. Fury was always pretty fast paced once you got the gear, but during recklessness/bloodlust it was just balls to the wall. I think Cata lost a bit of that feeling with the off the gcd heroic strike, I never liked it as much as the on next swing.

Now it feels like "swoosh" with a lot of empty feeling GCD's and no impact and no feel of blasting. But then it does continuously flow and yeah I dunno I feel a bit bleh about Fury these days, I switched to Arms for a reason despite being a diehard Fury Warrior in TBC/Wrath.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Fury... They should rename the spec to "minor annoyance". Nothing furious about that dps.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Numbers =! Gameplay

Imo Fury's gameplay fits the spec very well. Dual wielding fast attacking enraged machine, not tactical enough to make its enemies bleed and instead relies on sheer strenght etc. Maybe it could have a bit more offensive shout related abilities?

Rampage feels like a big ability so I think the spec is fun. I do feel like it finally mastered what Mists set out to do when Fury was redesigned. It took them a while to get there personally - I think Legion and BFA is where I started to like it, and I do like Fury now.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Rampage feels like a big ability so I think the spec is fun. I do feel like it finally mastered what Mists set out to do when Fury was redesigned. It took them a while to get there personally - I think Legion and BFA is where I started to like it, and I do like Fury now.
    I disagree, but I understand that everyone has their own personal preferences. IMO Mists Fury was THE best version of the spec the game has ever seen... I loved having to have everything lined up for the Colossus Smash window, and you could really tell the difference between players who mastered the playstyle and those who hadn't... I miss Colossus Smash and Heroic Strike. Rampage isn't bad, but it's a lot less skill-based than HS was.

I don't know about you, but I feel pretty enraged when I play it. Seems like the fantasy matches up quite well.

For me its the opposite. Last time i really was in love with fury was in cata. Mop was okay (i dislike(d) dragons roar, wildstrike and bladestorm (for me its an arms only abillity)).

I wish back cata warrior, i loved everyspec... Now its just arms, cause arms is my main for over 11 years now.

Fury died for me in legion... I was thinking about giving fury another chance in SL, cause SMF is back, but theres still the disliking gameplay.

But every spec/class since WoD is a mess... Some specs changed to be good/fun again, but overall they were much more fun in cata/mop.

Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    I disagree, but I understand that everyone has their own personal preferences. IMO Mists Fury was THE best version of the spec the game has ever seen... I loved having to have everything lined up for the Colossus Smash window, and you could really tell the difference between players who mastered the playstyle and those who hadn't... I miss Colossus Smash and Heroic Strike. Rampage isn't bad, but it's a lot less skill-based than HS was.
    Most of my impression of Fury in Mists was that Furious Slash was very tiny and hit for nothing, which made it feel bad to press so often. Legacy Heroic Strike and Cleave pre-Mists I felt had a better feel of damage to press ratio.