Poll: Should Congress Impeach Trump Again?

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    After that video he put out today I'm betting most of the Republican congress and media applauds him and says he learned his lesson, no need for forcible removal. Bunch of worms.
    They might smack him for lying almost immediately.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They might smack him for lying almost immediately.
    It would not be the first time he told an obvious lie on camera and the GOP backed him on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    It would not be the first time he told an obvious lie on camera and the GOP backed him on it.
    So far... the softest has been NBC, just giving him credit... to harshest being CNN pointing out he didn’t concede... just based on titles.

Edit: Nothing from Fox...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    So far... the softest has been NBC, just giving him credit... to harshest being CNN pointing out he didn’t concede... just based on titles.

Edit: Nothing from Fox...
    Anderson just called him a liar saying he was lying in the video, and now calling him out as a liar by pointing out what he said before the attack, and will follow it up with what he said during the attack. but this is WAHHHH CLINTON NEWS NETWORK so won't matter to the GOPers.

And now predicting, probably completely accurately that Trump is gonna join Gaetz saying it was Antifa.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I really do not see him actually facing charges for his actions as Resident. Much as I want him too, legally, it's dicey at best. Plus, he's now openly asking about Pardoning himself. Which legal scholars are saying he can't, but that will just further gum up the works.

The state civil and criminal charges, however, are going to be waiting for him on January 20, at 1pm, as @Thekri points out. Those will stick.
    He either pardons himself or he resigns on the 19th and gets Pence to do it for him...so whether he actually can or not is mostly academic at this point.

But, as you say, that's only a federal pardon. Doesn't help him with charges at the State level... and I don't see Gov. Cuomo being too likely to throw a pardon Trump's way.

He either pardons himself or he resigns on the 19th and gets Pence to do it for him...so whether he actually can or not is mostly academic at this point.

But, as you say, that's only a federal pardon. Doesn't help him with charges at the State level... and I don't see Gov. Cuomo being too likely to throw a pardon Trump's way.
    100% he won't resign. Can't show any weakness remember... Self pardon is the only option, even if it doesn't hold up.

15+ Year Old Account

I wonder how much loyalty Pence feels after being thrown under the bus yesterday. Trump literally turned his base against him.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    100% he won't resign. Can't show any weakness remember... Self pardon is the only option, even if it doesn't hold up.
    If it comes down to resigning or federal charges...he'll resign.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I wonder how much loyalty Pence feels after being thrown under the bus yesterday. Trump literally turned his base against him.
    Apparently enough that he won't 25th him.

He's got 15 days left. Admittedly he could still do a lot of damage in that time.

Just as well that the intelligence community never trusted him.

If it comes down to resigning or federal charges...he'll resign.
    I completely disagree, he'll self pardon. To a person with narcissistic personality disorder, resigning isn't even an option. Like he's right now he'll be facing federal charges, and has an easy way out via 25th, than he can cry he's a victim, while also getting pardoned. 25th is the perfect option for resignation in a sense, and it's not happening. No responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yes. I bet there is probably evidence that trump reduced security and was hesitant to send help.
    There is evidence that the White House refused to allow the National Guard...

Damn, you Trumpsters really don't quit.

I completely disagree, he'll self pardon. To a person with narcissistic personality disorder, resigning isn't even an option. Like he's right now he'll be facing federal charges, and has an easy way out via 25th, than he can cry he's a victim, while also getting pardoned. 25th is the perfect option for resignation in a sense, and it's not happening. No responsibility.
    For a narcissist...getting 25th'd would be even worse than Resigning.

With Resigning and accepting a pardon from Pence he can just say "Well, I never did anything wrong... but the DEMS are gonna come after me with everything they've got...so I'm taking a pardon to protect myself and my family against their vengeance."

For the 25th...he has to be declared Unfit for Office. And that's not by Democrats. That would be by his own Cabinet.

For a narcissist...getting 25th'd would be even worse than Resigning.

With Resigning and accepting a pardon from Pence he can just say "Well, I never did anything wrong... but the DEMS are gonna come after me with everything they've got...so I'm taking a pardon to protect myself and my family against their vengeance."

For the 25th...he has to be declared Unfit for Office. And that's not by Democrats. That would be by his own Cabinet.
    Resigning literally is admittance that he did something wrong, there is no rationalization for that, even claiming dem's are comming after him is recognizing there is something for him to be charged with. For a Narcissist 25th is a dream scenario because it's something he can fight back against.

Resigning literally is admittance that he did something wrong, there is no rationalization for that, even claiming dem's are comming after him is recognizing there is something for him to be charged with. For a Narcissist 25th is a dream scenario.
    Accepting a pardon in the first place is admitting he did something wrong...

25th is not a dream scenario. 25th means that his own people are not confident in his ability to lead the country. It's a huge embarrassment.
    Also it won't happen. Because it would just turn the Trump supporters against the cabinet for stabbing Donny in the back.

Accepting a pardon in the first place is admitting he did something wrong...

25th is not a dream scenario. 25th means that his own people are not confident in his ability to lead the country. It's a huge embarrassment.
    how many people in this administration have left and are saying they are not confident in his ability to lead? how embarrassed has he been? not one bit, he's fought against it as fake and all that bullshit to feed into his own ego.

how many people in this administration have left and are saying they are not confident in his ability to lead? how embarrassed has he been? not one bit, he's fought against it as fake and all that bullshit to feed into his own ego.
    There is a rather large difference between them quitting and them firing him.

There is a rather large difference between them quitting and them firing him.
    Them quitting because hes incompetant, then firing because he's incompetant, i don't see any difference, regardless the end result is they are the enemy that he will turn his base against, and claim victory no matter what.

I think the latest rat abandoning ship is Betsy Devos.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I think the latest rat abandoning ship is Betsy Devos.
    Asst sec for HHS. Not cabinet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    There is evidence that the White House refused to allow the National Guard...

Damn, you Trumpsters really don't quit.
    What are you mad about? What did I say that was wrong? What the fuck is your problem? I literally can't even agree with you without you twisting my words and being angry at me. Maybe you should go to English class and learn some reading comprehension.

I just said that trump probably withheld security and he should be impeached. You said "there's already evidence blah blah blah" you are literally splitting hairs just to be able to disagree with me.

Sorry that I am enjoying time with family and not spending 24/7 being updated on all the news of whats going on.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2021-01-08 at 03:40 AM.