Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. I've been selling boosts in this game since Vanilla but having accounts dedicated to spamming boost services is stupid and shouldn't be allowed.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

It seems like a pointless change. Boosting has become to mainstream you just sign up the a boost discord chill in a lobby then get cashed out.

Its weirdly passe to advertise your own services.

Hm... that's what it all about. I've started monitoring boost spam on EU-Kazzak while cobbling together an anti-spam filter (shameless plug) and noticed that two days ago amount of repeating lines and general amount of boost ads sharply fell for some reason.
    Garrison Mission Manager: Select best followers for BfA, Legion and WoD missions.
    Instance Spec: Switch to spec suitable for your role when "dungeon ready" pops up.
    LDB: WoW Token: Monitor WoW Token price changes in LDB display.
    Other addons: Quest Map with Details * LFG Filter for Premade Groups * Obvious Mail Expiration.

What about multiboxing boomkins?
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    What about multiboxing boomkins?
    Multiboxing is allowed as per the latest announcement when they made new rules about broadcasting input software.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There are no limits on what you can buy in the real world. If you make the cash and can pay it, you can buy it, just like the AH.
    There are law enforcement on what you can buy or not buy in the real world. Buying boost should be outlawed in wow, it's not healthy for the game to have people buying instant quickfix achievement when they haven't earned it the right way. Just as you can't scheme or scam yourself to riches by avoiding taxes etc. It's possible, but so are boting in wow now, but at least it's not as bad as it was in wod or start og legion before honorbuddy took a hit.
    To have a healthy environment in wow, we need boosting to be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    There are law enforcement on what you can buy or not buy in the real world. Buying boost should be outlawed in wow, it's not healthy for the game to have people buying instant quickfix achievement when they haven't earned it the right way. Just as you can't scheme or scam yourself to riches by avoiding taxes etc. It's possible, but so are boting in wow now, but at least it's not as bad as it was in wod or start og legion before honorbuddy took a hit.
    To have a healthy environment in wow, we need boosting to be gone.
    You can still buy whatever you want. As longs as you know how to go about doing it, law enforcement won't stop it. Also, buying boosts for gold is fine. It doesn't affect you in any way. The game environment is perfectly healthy as 99% of the player base does not care. This sounds like you are mad someone has an achievement you don't.

Also, you can scheme or scam yourself to riches by avoiding taxes. Off-shore accounts are used all the time for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    There are no limits on what you can buy in the real world. If you make the cash and can pay it, you can buy it, just like the AH.
    Doesn’t mean it’s legal.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Really easy to solve: Any advertisement spammed must also be completed on said character of said account. Advertise mythic raid boost? Well, did said character run mythic raid that reset? No? Account banned. Advertise for m+15 carries? Did the character run said keys? No, max key complete +5? Account banned.
    You can't ban people for not doing content.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Spamming isn't that big of a deal. Ad ons can block most of it and the ones that get through just report. Whether it's a violation or not reporting is still a temporary ignore so you don't fill up your ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    TBuying boost should be outlawed in wow, it's not healthy for the game to have people buying instant quickfix achievement when they haven't earned it the right way.
    There is no right or wrong way to do things in-game, unless they break the ToS. Selling boosts doesn't do this. When you say "they haven't earned it the right way." what you should be saying is "they haven't earned it the way I want them to." It's like saying in order to clear a raid and get an achievement you need to clear it with a full group of people and if you do it with less or solo then it doesn't count because it isn't the "right way" ie the way you feel is appropriate where as Blizzard feels people earned it either way. If they didn't then they wouldn't be awarding them whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    I advertised boosts all of bfa on a second accound by pressing one button posting a small ad in trade chat and I never understood why people were bothered by it.
    I wasn't spamming like crazy so I also did never get a chat ban, but people were whispering me actual death threats. Hilarious. Trading items/mats per tradechat is pretty much dead in this game, buying boosts isn't. I made a LOT of gold of hundreds of people who bought those regularly. Therefore posting ads in chat is pretty legit imho.

People spamming every 5 seconds in different chats and yelling is another thing tho. I wouldn't mind if those people would get banned.
    Because you're not the only person advertising boosting services. On real bad days, trade chat is just flooded with boosting spam from so many different people that it's impossible to actually trade things. :/

I just find the line "We have lifted the silence, and banned you instead" to be so hilarious. This really made my morning thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont understand why people even show General/Trade in their chats in the first place.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    to BAN people that use ingame gold services in a capitalistic fucking civlization,or to just make a boost/advertisement section in the lfg tool?
    You're assuming the spammers will use it. We have a guild recruitment channel. Tell me how much use does the Guild Recruitment channels get, and how people recruiting for guilds are NOT using and spamming the Trade channel?

I'm gonna leave these here for anyone who doesn't want to see spam
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/bad-boy
    https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/badboy_ccleaner

I guess even with 12 million and 1 million downloads people still don't know about them.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Maybe they aren't using hard earn cash, but their stimulus checks.
    Stimulus gold to buy a Blingstation 5
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    You can't ban people for not doing content.
    You have it completely backwards, you wouldn't get banned for "not doing content", you'd get banned for spamming. Not doing content is the proof of it.

It's like confessing to murder and then going "Why you jailing me for...TALKING!?!?" Nah, the talking isn't the reason the person goes to jail; it's still the murder part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    I advertised boosts all of bfa on a second accound by pressing one button posting a small ad in trade chat and I never understood why people were bothered by it.
    I wasn't spamming like crazy so I also did never get a chat ban, but people were whispering me actual death threats. Hilarious. Trading items/mats per tradechat is pretty much dead in this game, buying boosts isn't. I made a LOT of gold of hundreds of people who bought those regularly. Therefore posting ads in chat is pretty legit imho.

People spamming every 5 seconds in different chats and yelling is another thing tho. I wouldn't mind if those people would get banned.
    Why didn't you use your main account if its "legit"

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're assuming the spammers will use it. We have a guild recruitment channel. Tell me how much use does the Guild Recruitment channels get, and how people recruiting for guilds are NOT using and spamming the Trade channel?
    well if they dont use that tool they can get suspended/banned no problem if they advertise in other channels,normal people who dont want to get banned and wanna sell bosts wont be doing it anymore,they wont buy accounts just to spam and not care about getting banned,its a win win