10+ Year Old Account
    Came across my FB feed, because I'm not Trump and I'm not banned indefinitely:

There are a lot of Republicans in Congress who have basically enforced K-12 children go through active shooter drills, because they insist on their supporters being allowed to own whatever guns they want.

Then their "house" got attacked and, despite having dedicated police, National Guard, and the Secret Service all being there with body armor and guns, were forced to flee and were terrified for their lives.

Now you know how it feels, fuckers. You brought this on yourself over years/decades. I hope you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No advocating for violence, but these assholes won’t get it until they are personally victims of gun violence. See the softball shooting for reference.
    And even then they won't get it. Steve Scalise still has an A+ rating from the NRA and is just as ammosexual as he was before he got shot, if not moreso.
    “Leadership: Whatever happens, you’re responsible. If it doesn’t happen, you’re responsible.” -- Donald J. Trump, 2013

"I don't take responsibility at all."
    -- Donald J. Trump, 2020

10+ Year Old Account
    A police officer, doing his sworn duty and defending the nation's lawmakers from an insurrection mob, has died of his injuries.

It's time for the murder charges to be pressed. @cubby said they would be especially severe charges.

If it's true that the lack of police presence was orchestrated by Trump and the folks he just installed last month, then they all may get charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    A police officer, doing his sworn duty and defending the nation's lawmakers from an insurrection mob, has died of his injuries.

It's time for the murder charges to be pressed. @cubby said they would be especially severe charges.
    blue lives matter! lol these fucking people

does DC have those gang laws of joint enterprise. You know when like some guys rob a store and one of them shoots the clerk but they all get tried for murder?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post

does DC have those gang laws of joint enterprise. You know when like some guys rob a store and one of them shoots the clerk but they all get tried for murder?
    I sure hope freakin' hope so. These people knew what they were doing every step of the way.

If there aren't mass incarcerations already well underway by the 20th, hopefully Biden steps right up onto the plate on that.

Man, he's gonna have a lot on his plate day one.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    The murder of human life, even in the line of duty they signed up for, is tragic.

But if there is any meaning to be found in the tragic murder of Officer Sicknick, it might be to push some of the Blue Lives Matter people away from the rabid fanbase. It might not be that many, but at this point, any number above zero is something.

The DoD and the FBI both reached out to offer help in the days prior to the events but we're rejected. The cops were expecting a peaceful protest which is why you can see they were all just in basic uniforms with nothing but batons and sidearms at the start. The riot gear didn't come out until it was to late.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I sure hope freakin' hope so. These people knew what they were doing every step of the way.

If there aren't mass incarcerations already well underway by the 20th, hopefully Biden steps right up onto the plate on that.

Man, he's gonna have a lot on his plate day one.
    i saw the interview of the chief cop or whatever who was like 'we didnt have any advanced warning'

he needs to be fired, a 460 000 000 budget and they dont have an internet connection?

i mean hmmmmm

who could have seen this coming....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    The DoD and the FBI both reached out to offer help in the days prior to the events but we're rejected. The cops were expecting a peaceful protest which is why you can see they were all just in basic uniforms with nothing but batons and sidearms at the start. The riot gear didn't come out until it was to late.
    as above lol

They rejected it and were dressed like that because they weren't black or cripple

Odd how a bunch of white people known to be part of militias that carry guns and were just told by Rudy that there will be trial by combat can march on the capitol and police expect it to be "peaceful" while they threaten to fucking Kill people.

It was a bad assumption but I doubt anyone had storming the Capitol Building to stage an insurrection on their bingo card.

All the democrats have to do is build a consensus among themselves in the senate, and they can force a tiebreaker vote to be decided by Harris if the GOP still want to be obstinate fucks.

If nothing else it at least ensures that bills aren’t immediately dead on arrival unless the democrats bend over backwards to appease McConnell’s whims.
    There's an about 90% chance Manchin will vote 90% of the time with the GOP in the coming two years, if not outright swap parties.

In practical terms the Senate is more like 51-49 in favor of the Republicans.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called felony murder, and we discussed it here a bit yesterday:
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The federal gov't has a felony murder rule.
    That was one of my first thoughts, too. Theoretically, they could all be charged with murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    If I were the federal prosecutor, the simplest way would be felony murder - vis a vis the felony of entering the Capital Building with intent to cause harm and/or damage, combined with a woman being shot by Capital Police.

That charge carries the death penalty. And Trump has recently ramped up federal executions.
    Yes, it is possible in this situation.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

This really should be posted here because it is about Trump's own personal army of brownshirt thugs aka his insane fucking cultists. So while seditious traitorous Trump cultist rampaged in our nations capitol building, on the other side of the country more Trump cultist were trying to literally lynch a black woman in L.A. because she dared to film them, and more then likely she dared to be born black. Top it all off supposedly police were present in the area and did nothing. Luckily she was saved by three good Samaritans who weren't going to sit back while Trump's army of brownshirt cultist lynch a black woman while cops sit back and watch.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/im-j...213400280.html

There were photos taken by a photo journalist covering the Trump cultists.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CJuc25AMsnS/

It was a bad assumption but I doubt anyone had storming the Capitol Building to stage an insurrection on their bingo card.
    Considering Trumpers held violent protests where they murdered a woman before when Trump was president, why would anyone think there wouldn't be violent protests from Trumpers after he lost the election? It's a special kind of stupid from the Capitol Police or they were complicit in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    It's called felony murder, and we discussed it here a bit yesterday:

Yes, it is possible in this situation.
    Trump gets held responsible for the deaths too because he incited this, yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Considering Trumpers held violent protests where they murdered a woman before when Trump was president, why would anyone think there wouldn't be violent protests from Trumpers after he lost the election? It's a special kind of stupid from the Capitol Police or they were complicit in it.

- - - Updated - - -

Much like a mob boss, I’m sure trumps defense in any court of law would be a “ well I never explicitly ordered them to March on the capitol! Just told them to be generally angry!”

Of course, an impeachment hearing need have no such legal obfuscation.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

All the democrats have to do is build a consensus among themselves in the senate, and they can force a tiebreaker vote to be decided by Harris if the GOP still want to be obstinate fucks.

If nothing else it at least ensures that bills aren’t immediately dead on arrival unless the democrats bend over backwards to appease McConnell’s whims.
    If the article is correct, democrats can get *one* bill passed by simple majority. The rest republicans can filibuster and require 60 votes.

With luck Schumer will learn to navigate this in a way to make it comfortable for democrats to stick together, regardless of whether or not they are able to get bills to pass, and to make it uncomfortable for republicans to stick together as an unmovable block.

So on a practical note:

Public Option and reducing medicare age from 65 to 60 - this is their bill that they only need a majority.
    Green New Deal - enact as much as possible through a newly renovated EPA.

Stimulus bills: Keep bringing these up and forcing republicans to either pass them or be on record rejecting them. Quite a few of these will have to be passed to keep the economy afloat over the next year.

Whatever they end up doing, I hope they are planning out their strategies with Biden, Schumer, Pelosi, AOC, and Sanders among others in attendance.

This would give democrats solid achievements that they can run on in 2021 while being reasonably doable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    IDK, I use to think that about McConnell, but he's slipped and fallen quite a bit. Gave his entire party over to Trump now trying to wrestle it back, under a minority leadership, with a fractured party. Meanwhile Schumer has a rock solid party despite being a bigger tent.
    Fingers crossed that you are right and I am wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, he wasn't committing the felony with them, so... If he were to be charged with sedition tied to the incident, perhaps.

The woman's husband could probably sue Trump in civil court, though.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    He could easily be charged. I don't know that the charges would stick, in fact I don't think they would, but they could at least get him into the courtroom and survive a grand jury.

Dominion Voting Systems is suing pro-Trump lawyer Sidney Powell, asking for $1.3 billion in damages

life comes at you fast.