Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

In-Game Advertising Policy Update, Subcreation, World First Atiesh

In-Game Advertising Policy Update
    Ghormor from the Azeroth Sales Community has shared on reddit how advertising in-game lead to one of his accounts getting permanently suspended, losing over 100 million gold due to an unannounced rule change.

Blizzard has recently updated their In-Game Advertising Policy, adding that accounts used primarily for advertising may be closed at any time. According to Ghormor, his account was used for raid collections, banking and auction house monitoring, but still received a suspension before that rule was even added to the policy page. You can find the full story on reddit.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    In-Game Advertising

Selling in-game items and services such as carries or boosting for real money is not allowed.

Selling items and services for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade chat channel. Advertisements are not allowed in the Group Finder. The Group Finder is intended to help players find active groups that are being formed and advertisements make it difficult to find relevant groups.

Accounts that are used for the primary purpose of advertising may be closed.

Subcreation
    Subcreation has been updated for Shadowlands. Using the Raider.IO and WarcraftLogs API, Subcreation shows summaries of the top talents, covenants, soulbinds, conduits, legendaries, gear, enchants and gems that players use in Mythic+ and Castle Nathria.

WoW Classic - World First Atiesh
    Caranthir has obtained Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian in WoW Classic. Congratulations!

Last edited by chaud; 2021-01-08 at 03:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    World First Atiesh occurred in 2006

I feel no pity for a spammer losing all their gold.

good riddance

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    World first classic, not talking about vanilla here... confusing I know for some.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    World first classic, not talking about vanilla here... confusing I know for some.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Maybe trade chat will actually be somewhat useable now.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefits View Post
    Maybe trade chat will actually be somewhat useable now.
    Dude, it says its allowed to advertise in the trade channel...

Wow classic, they said so in the post. Not sure how else to say it. Classic is its only little thing.

Good on banning the boosters and advertising. This is pure pollution to the game and makes the chat channels completely impossible to use for its intended use. The game and the community suffer when people buy boosts as they achieve items, and achievements they should not have in the first place before achieving them in the intended manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Esper View Post
    I feel no pity for a spammer losing all their gold.
    just because you see a lot of people advertising for a community, or different communities doesn't mean they're spamming... i used to advertise for a community as well and only said something every 45 sec - min.
    Although i do understand people perceive it as spamming, it doesn't mean it is.
    It is annoying though, to see trade chat filled like that, but as long as people buy stuff, others will sell the best way they can find, which rn is through communities. The good old way is long gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin20 View Post
    Good on banning the boosters and advertising. This is pure pollution to the game and makes the chat channels completely impossible to use for its intended use. The game and the community suffer when people buy boosts as they achieve items, and achievements they should not have in the first place before achieving them in the intended manner.
    I understand this is an unpopular opinion, but who are you to decide what the 'intended manner' is to play a game?
    If i enjoy playing the ah, and get tons of gold through it, and i like a certain mount from PvP, why shouldn't i spend it on that? In the end everyone plays how they enjoy it.

These guys were advertising everywhere in the group finder, especially during off hours it was like 90% of the groups in LFG were boost selling, lol.

"Selling items and services for gold is allowed but can only be advertised in-game through the Trade chat channel."

But thats the main problem you dinkwinks. Fix it and give the boosters their own channel for that crap. Litteraly NO reason what so ever to have that spam in trade chat.

People interrested in buying boosts would go to the new channel and people who don't want to see the spam would not suffer through it. And don't for a fucking second think the ads for boost make people who doesn't want a boost, suddenly see the spam and go "oh, i would like a boost" Just not happening. So there is litteraly no downside for anyone to ban it from trade chat and put it in an optional boost selling chat

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Clearly says WoW Classic in the post...

Quote Originally Posted by Myranda01 View Post
    just because you see a lot of people advertising for a community, or different communities doesn't mean they're spamming... i used to advertise for a community as well and only said something every 45 sec - min.
    spam
    /spam/

verb
    gerund or present participle: spamming
    send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

they should ban all boost sellers - and boost selling should be automaticly bannable.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    spam
    /spam/

verb
    gerund or present participle: spamming
    send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the internet.
    I'm very aware what spamming means. With this analogy anyone selling an item and saying it more than once would be concidered spamming.
    Me trying to sell a vial of the sands and shouting it in trade chat every minute would be equally annoying, yet this has nothing to do with communities?

The problem is often over populated servers, where sending a message in /trade is just removed by tens of other messages straight after.

Regardless of what everyone thinks about boosting and all of that chat spam, everyone should be upset Blizzard started enforcing a policy change they made without telling the players and the enforcement isn't being applied equally to all players. As if we all take time to review the EULA every time we sit down to play WoW. That's scummy customer service.
    Last edited by WinningOne; 2021-01-08 at 07:37 AM.

Yeah no one cares though, it's not a feat and it's not worth posting it on the front page. It took him what 1 month lol? Yeah, take it down no one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by WinningOne View Post
    Regardless of what everyone thinks about boosting and all of that chat spam, everyone should be upset Blizzard started enforcing a policy change they made without telling the players and the enforcement isn't being applied equally to all players. As if we all take time to review the EULA every time we sit down to play WoW. That's scummy customer service.
    This.

It wasn't even in the ToS yet, as i believe the guy that got banned checked for it. They just started to enforce it and when there was a backlash they shared a statement about it lmao.