Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, that didn't take long after the final raid being released now did it? If only someone somewhere could've foreseen certain people not being happy in the end.

Bring on TBC, Classic is already out for those wanting it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    There was MASSIVE and fundamental changes to WoW classic that basically broke the entire experience. I'm talking about layers and huge overblown servers. That completely ruins the entire feel and was the reason I couldn't play WoW classic. Fighting for mob kills, or players self-organizing for killing them is a MAJOR MASSIVE appeal of vanilla. Its called community. By adding layers, it takes away any reason for people to actually talk to each other which ruins everything. With server pop caps much higher than vanilla, it makes everyone feel totally anonymous. That's a HUGE change. You should have vanilla-style servers with smaller pops so that you get to know everyone.

Playing vanilla is ALL about community. I look at WoW classic and its a joke with these massive changes that destroy community.

We need WoW classic with NO changes.
    You're wrong. Everything that was wrong with classic was because we didn't have enough changes. The world buff meta, Mage AOE target cap, Not enough open world resources etc etc.

Tried rolling on normal servers? The ones where layering was removed and never reintroduced?

I think what OP wants isn't a no changes Classic wow..its a damned time machine

Which lets face it OP..if you went back 15 years to play Old wow again..your own mind will already ruin the experience.

We also need Classic with some changes.
    We also need Classic with more changes
    We also need Classic with beta changes
    We also need Classic with <insert desire>
    Error 404 - Signature not found

What year is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Yeah, that must be why it failed. Can't be any other reason...
    It didn't fail tbh, it did exactly what it was supposed to do; bring back Vanilla as a stand-alone experience.
    It was pretty obvious that it would fall out of fashion as soon as the content was exausted. I am sure there were people that wanted it to last forever but that was never a possibility, at least until TBC servers were announced.

The entire private server community advocated (rather loudly) for mega servers in one breath and ironically no changes in the next breath.

Those of us that wanted authentic 2500 caps were drowned out completely, even content creators wanted megaservers.

I'm sad that we lost but it's what the community wanted

Nothing will fix the community for Classic WoW.

Don't get me wrong,I have more than a few issues with some changes,like how we got the worst version of AV that existed in pre-cata WoW,but fixing these issues won't change the fact that the Classic community is a cross between reddit and twitch chat

There was MASSIVE and fundamental changes to WoW classic that basically broke the entire experience. I'm talking about layers and huge overblown servers. That completely ruins the entire feel and was the reason I couldn't play WoW classic. Fighting for mob kills, or players self-organizing for killing them is a MAJOR MASSIVE appeal of vanilla. Its called community. By adding layers, it takes away any reason for people to actually talk to each other which ruins everything. With server pop caps much higher than vanilla, it makes everyone feel totally anonymous. That's a HUGE change. You should have vanilla-style servers with smaller pops so that you get to know everyone.

Playing vanilla is ALL about community. I look at WoW classic and its a joke with these massive changes that destroy community.

While we're at it, let's get rid of widescreen support, multicore CPU support, DX10+ support, battle.net integration, realid, automated item restore, extended view distances, increased buff/debuff caps..

10+ Year Old Account
    Layers are gone and there are plenty of realms with small communities.

I disagree that Classic failed in any way. However, those who imagined that Classic would drown the retail game over the long run were always going to be disappointed.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Gather up your friends and play/party/do whatever is your thing and pretend is 2005. Now is it? No. End of another useless topic. Don't blame Blizzard or anyone else for the fact that as time goes on and therefore things change, irreversibly.

Classic was a huge success. BUT you will never get the exact experience you got back then. For millions of reasons. The biggest one being the changed community.

Also: They had to make the servers bigger as the expected drop-off in players did happen. There are many servers who are basically dead. Many players flogged to the big pools like Faerlina because of a bigger playerbase to play with and also because of streamers who massivly adverised these servers.

IF the servers had been the size like back in the day with no layering you would have had the same problems in the beginning as you had this time, but with the added problem off players leaving and tons of half dead servers flying around.
    Now you have many quite active servers and a few completly overpopulated ones. But the players who joined these server made their choice themselves fully knowing that this would happen if they join an allready full server.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Comical how people think that the original version of WoW will solve the problem with how much the gaming community has changed over the last 10-15 years. Classic was when online gaming/mmo was in its infancy, and you can't remove 10-15 years of changes to how players act by reverting to the original game.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Yeah, that must be why it failed. Can't be any other reason...
    Tripling WoW's revenue and slaughtering garbage retail is hardly what I'd call "failed". Denial is real amongst the salty retail players that can't admit their game is an awful ghost town

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Nothing will fix the community for Classic WoW.

Don't get me wrong,I have more than a few issues with some changes,like how we got the worst version of AV that existed in pre-cata WoW,but fixing these issues won't change the fact that the Classic community is a cross between reddit and twitch chat
    I was sooo disappointed with their choice of AV version. Hopefully they'll make a better choice for BC's version. I wanted the original all-day AV.

No, we don't. Community created classic and community ultimately killed classic. And community will carry it again if Blizzard ever decides to do FRESH. But don't pretend it's so different because of changes, truth is people play differently these days than they used to.

so many people saying "we" when they really should just say "I" ..... same thing with "need". you don't need it, you want it or maybe you are a junkie....

But the biggest change of all IS the community. That's why we did not get a vanillaesque experience, the sence of discovery and the laid-back re-living of old times.
    Pre-launch was doing a checklist with data from wowhead and youtubers really. I mean by that is that we wasted it ourselves. It has nothing to do with layers.

More on the joke side: You could argue they could have put a age limit so that anyone born after the early 90s would not be able to log on. It would solve some toxicity issues. Most of the worst toxic players i met on pvp / pve servers where all in their 20 something (think Fortnite / FPS / Fifa crowd). It kind of kill the purpose of getting retail wow players the "chance" to experience Classic Wow though.